PDA

View Full Version : Antoine Walker as Pacers PF?

naptownmenace
09-13-2010, 05:25 PM
You know Obie has to be thinking about this in hopes of filling the Pacers "need" for a stretch-4.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17312

Increase Font Size
Decrease Font Size
Adjust font size:

Antoine Walker's Return?

Never say never in the NBA. That's the message Antoine Walker would like to send as he prepares for what he hopes will be an unlikely return to professional basketball.

Walker began his NBA career as the sixth overall draft pick of the Boston Celtics in 1996, and went on to spend 12 seasons as a member of the Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks, Miami HEAT, Minnesota Timberwolves and Memphis Grizzlies. He won a title with Miami, was All-Star in 1998, 2002 and 2003, and was on the All-Rookie First Team in 1997.

Sadly, Walker's post-NBA life has been marred by legal troubles and financial ruin, no doubt inspiring him to work hard to make a comeback in one of the few vocations where financial issues can get resolved quickly. He began working out with former coach Rick Pitino (from Kentucky) over the summer in an attempt to get back into shape, and has dropped as much as 25 pounds. It now seems he is of at least some interest to the Charlotte Bobcats as training camp looms.

ESPN's Marc Stein reports that Walker will arrive in Charlotte this week to begin taking part in daily pick-ups games at Charlotte's practice facility, and that he will stay with long-time friend and current Bobcat Nazr Mohammed.

As Stein aptly points out, the Bobcats have little use for Walker. His style of play (having never met a shot he didn't like) is hardly conducive to Larry Brown's control offense, and the Bobcats already have a hoard of players in the positions where Walker would conceivably fit. More likely, Walker is hoping to have a good showing and then have the word get out that he's ready to help an NBA team in some capacity.

At the end of the day, Antoine Walker has probably played his last NBA game. That said, desperation can inspire a person to do just about anything, even get back in shape and play hard enough to make an NBA roster. Walker was certainly a gifted scorer during his time in the league, and some team somewhere would likely take a chance on him if he were truly ready to play.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17312#ixzz0zRlr0E9H

Honestly, if the Pacers had room for him, I wouldn't mind them giving 'Toine a shot. If nothing else he would provide some great laughs during garbage time of blowout games.

cdash
09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I'd rather watch a video of Herb Simon putting a wad of cash in a bucket and pissing on it than watch Antoine Walker's washed up *** put on a Pacers uniform.

BornReady
09-13-2010, 05:29 PM
nooo thank you passss

ChristianDudley
09-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd rather have Brian Scalabrine. WTF lol

BRushWithDeath
09-13-2010, 05:43 PM
The only NBA owners with any interest in Antoine Walker signing with another team are the Maloofs. Because any dollar he makes will be lost at the tables.

31andonly
09-13-2010, 05:50 PM
He'd immediately become Obie's starting PF. Good god...

Slick Pinkham
09-13-2010, 05:54 PM
He and Penny Hardaway need to start a dreamers has-been league. He may only be 34, but he never took care of himself so he has a 44-year-old body. The only reason he is even PRETENDING is he needs cash, desperately.

vnzla81
09-13-2010, 06:18 PM
I'd rather watch a video of Herb Simon putting a wad of cash in a bucket and pissing on it .

I think he is been doing that for the last three years by signing JOB and giving him and extention. :twocents:

Speed
09-13-2010, 06:20 PM
I couldn't stand Antione Walker, in his prime, let alone now.

dohman
09-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Imagine favorite puke face here

JonnyB83
09-13-2010, 09:14 PM
He and Penny Hardaway need to start a dreamers has-been league. He may only be 34, but he never took care of himself so he has a 44-year-old body. The only reason he is even PRETENDING is he needs cash, desperately.

Leave Penny out of this. There's a difference between your body giving out on you and not taking care of it. I love Penny. One of my favorite players ever.

pizza guy
09-13-2010, 09:57 PM
If anyone actually signs Fatoine, David Stern needs to shut down the NBA. I heard there was strong consideration of that when he was a rookie. Oh my goodness, how terrible he must be now.

Also, if anyone signs him, I demand Reggie Miller suits up again, and plays until he dies.

Antoine Walker... :facepalm:

IndyPacer
09-13-2010, 10:01 PM
No, no, no! No way!

xBulletproof
09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
I'd rather slap myself in the junk, with a hammer.

BornReady
09-13-2010, 10:22 PM
I'd rather slap myself in the junk, with a hammer.

HAHA can I hold you to that? Pretty please? :D

xBulletproof
09-13-2010, 10:36 PM
HAHA can I hold you to that? Pretty please? :D

It's all in the wording my man! Nothing to hold me to! I didn't say I WOULD do it. I just said I'd rather it happen than Antione in a Pacers uniform. :)

O'Bird
09-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Leave Penny out of this. There's a difference between your body giving out on you and not taking care of it. I love Penny. One of my favorite players ever.

I agree, fine fellow. I met him here in Houston a few years ago when he was rehabbing. Reserved, polite, gentlemanly, sensitive, sincere.

It was really a shame that his career ended the way it did; he might have been one of the great players of his era, maybe even of all time.

xtacy
09-14-2010, 04:04 AM
i'd rather watch Lebron James' Decision on everyday of the rest of my life.

Mourning
09-14-2010, 05:31 AM
i'd rather watch Lebron James' Decision on everyday of the rest of my life.

:ding: Is there anyone who can beat that? :D

vnzla81
09-14-2010, 06:23 AM

I rather sign him than watching JOB coaching for another year. ;)

Slick Pinkham
09-14-2010, 08:48 AM

I'd rather be strapped in a chair, my eyelids held open with closepins, with "The Decision" playing in front of me on a big screen in a continuous loop, while Nazis club my Johnson with a ball peen hammer, and while Madonna songs are cranked at full volume

then root for a team with Antoine Walker

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Every year Antoine's name pops up, and every year I have to say no.

Unclebuck
09-14-2010, 09:04 AM
It should be noted and highlighted that the pacers were not mentioned in the article.

Only other comment is I'm not entirely sure why so many hate Walker so much. I wasn't a big fan of his game, but he wasn't a bad player

pizza guy
09-14-2010, 10:06 AM
It should be noted and highlighted that the pacers were not mentioned in the article.

Only other comment is I'm not entirely sure why so many hate Walker so much. I wasn't a big fan of his game, but he wasn't a bad player

Yeah, he kinda was. A chucker with a bad attitude and whiny face.

naptownmenace
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM

I love how mentioning him in connection with the Pacers always gets Pacers fans fired up. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he played for Kentucky in college.

Personally, I always got a kick outta 'Toine. He played great in the Finals for Miami stepping his game up while Shaq disappeared. He's definitely a chucker but he was a decent passer and rebounder when in his prime.

Unclebuck
09-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, he kinda was. A chucker with a bad attitude and whiny face.

Chucker - Yes.
whiny face - yes
Bad attitude - No

He was the leader on the Celtics teams that were pretty good 2002 - 2004. From everything I know he was wekll respected by his teammates and coaches. So I think the bad attitude (assuming that is a factor) was more with the fans, not the players or coaches

Shade
09-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Dear God, no.

BornReady
09-14-2010, 12:24 PM

I think we're just having fun at this point.

Brad8888
09-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Just say no to 'Toine.

Shade
09-14-2010, 03:59 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1879/antoine14ft8.jpg

IndyHoosier
09-14-2010, 10:23 PM
[QUOTE=Shade;1060740]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1879/antoine14ft8.jpg[/QUOTE

No 'Toine, there IS a 4......

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3pGGjdBzns?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h3pGGjdBzns?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

JonnyB83
09-15-2010, 12:24 AM
I agree, fine fellow. I met him here in Houston a few years ago when he was rehabbing. Reserved, polite, gentlemanly, sensitive, sincere.

It was really a shame that his career ended the way it did; he might have been one of the great players of his era, maybe even of all time.

I'm watching game 4 of the 1995 East Finals Pacers vs Magic. Ohh how I miss Penny. Go Pacers!

pizza guy
09-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Chucker - Yes.
whiny face - yes
Bad attitude - No

He was the leader on the Celtics teams that were pretty good 2002 - 2004. From everything I know he was wekll respected by his teammates and coaches. So I think the bad attitude (assuming that is a factor) was more with the fans, not the players or coaches

You're probably right, I probably let the whiny face affect my perception, lol. Still, Shade hit it on the head with this post...

Dear God, no.

Hoop
09-15-2010, 02:06 AM
I had to think about FatToine in a Pacer uniform and watch the infamous 4 point play in a span of a few minutes................ just shoot me in the head.

Trophy
09-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Imagine favorite puke face here

:puke:

My thoughts exactly.