PDA

View Full Version : Tweeted by PacersDigest regarding Lance!?

BornReady
09-13-2010, 08:19 AM
http://twitter.com/pacersdigest/statuses/24375678016

I can confirm Lance Stephenson IS allowed into the training facilities at Conseco Fieldhouse.....

Is there a reason why this is the case? Hmm...

SMosley21
09-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Maybe the criminal case is looking like things might actually return evidence that Lance isn't guilty of what he's been accused of?

granger33
09-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Either way this is good news.

Start of the year looking at a TJ/Watson Rotation at PG

Now we are looking at a:

Collison/Price/Stephenson rotation. He should be allowed back in my opinon. His made one mistake, just let's all make sure he gets support, so he doesn't slip up again.

duke dynamite
09-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Either way this is good news.

Start of the year looking at a TJ/Watson Rotation at PG

Now we are looking at a:

Collison/Price/Stephenson rotation. He should be allowed back in my opinon. His made one mistake, just let's all make sure he gets support, so he doesn't slip up again.
Don't be surprised if we are dealt with Collison/Ford/Stephenson to begin with. The FO still seems that TJ has a little bit left in the tank and Price's injury taking longer than planned.

Tom White
09-13-2010, 09:16 AM
http://twitter.com/pacersdigest/statuses/24375678016

I can confirm Lance Stephenson IS allowed into the training facilities at Conseco Fieldhouse.....

Is there a reason why this is the case? Hmm...

When I click your link, all I get is a "sorry, that page does not exist". Has it been taken down already?

count55
09-13-2010, 09:33 AM
When I click your link, all I get is a "sorry, that page does not exist". Has it been taken down already?

The tweet got deleted. I saw it earlier this morning, as well.

CableKC
09-13-2010, 09:40 AM
I saw it too. I find it odd that such a Tweet could be posted ( I assume by Hicks, Peck or UB ) but there was no link to confirm this.

Professor S
09-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Saw this too. Odd that the tweet was deleted. What's up with this? Bizarre.

BornReady
09-13-2010, 10:27 AM
maybe it was a fluke
dern
i was hoping it'd be something along the lines of what smosley was saying...

90'sNBARocked
09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
I think it was real, hence , why it was pulled so fast. The one thing here is Pacers and company , unfortunatley, have experience dealing with off court related issues

So far, The handiling of Lance has been impeccable, in my opinion

I hope it workls itself out in a positive way

Roaming Gnome
09-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Confirmed: Hicks & I passed Lance Stephenson in the locker room during a Q&A with Jim O'Brien this morning.

As for the Q&A... Audio will be available later today. As a preview... Hibbert fans will be pleased at coaches comments!!

90'sNBARocked
09-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Confirmed: Hicks & I passed Lance Stephenson in the locker room during a Q&A with Jim O'Brien this morning.

As for the Q&A... Audio will be available later today. As a preview... Hibbert fans will be pleased at coaches comments!!

So , if you dont mind me asking

Whats your read on it?

Thanks

granger33
09-13-2010, 10:39 AM
And i was sneaky enough to retweet the tweet before it got deleted ;)

BornReady
09-13-2010, 10:40 AM
And i was sneaky enough to retweet the tweet before it got deleted ;)

lol ME TOO
but i think our retweets got deleted lol
yay for PD board :D

granger33
09-13-2010, 10:42 AM
lol ME TOO
but i think our retweets got deleted lol
yay for PD board :D
ahhh yes they did haha.

I wonder why that is? are they trying to hide the fact Stephenson is back with the team training?

Hicks
09-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Gnome's already confirmed it, but I'll chime in.

Yes, we passed Lance while getting a tour of the locker room this morning.

Soon after, I tweeted what is quoted above.

Then I started to wonder if I was throwing the Pacers under the bus a bit with that, so I deleted it, but really after thinking about it longer, it was never the Pacers claiming that he wasn't allowed, it was Mike Wells.

So I think it's okay to say it.

I mean it's okay either way, but the Pacers were kind enough to invite me to this Q&A, and I didn't want to screw them by saying something they wouldn't want out there, but again it was never them, but Mike Wells, who said anything about Lance not being allowed in there.

We will have audio of some of what was said later, but yes, Roy fans should be quite happy with what Jim O'Brien had to say about Roy Hibbert.

Jim seems to have turned a corner with Roy to where he views him as a key piece to the team (none bigger, actually).

He said that he expects Roy Hibbert to start 82 games this year. The reason this came up is because Gnome basically asked what would happen with Roy when we played teams like Toronto with a guy like Bargnani starting at the 5 and whether we would match up versus making them match up to us. Jim said that he feels Roy's at a point now with his game and his body (conditioning and his physical ability on the floor) that we will try to make those teams match up with us this year.

He went on to mention that along with Roy losing something like 4% of his body fat and being in terrific shape, he felt that Roy was ahead of schedule developmentally speaking (meaning how good of a player he is).

A new nugget of information was that Roy actually has some form of asthma which has been a contributor to him playing less minutes and (my words) huffing and puffing after being out on the floor for a while despite being such a hard worker off the court. He said that they've recently discovered that while Roy has been taking medication for it, it turns out he's been taking it incorrectly and that now has been rectified and will also help with his ability to stay on the floor longer.

In fact, he said the goal is for Roy to play somewhere between 30-35 minutes a game, and he said whether we play big or small, Roy is a part of the lineup now. Honestly, Jim sounded very high on Roy Hibbert.

Another thing he said about the big fella is that Roy will do things we haven't seen him do much before. Now you could take this a few ways. You can assume he means playing more from the outside (quite possible), you can assume he means Roy is quicker and more capable of playing extended minutes and also functioning with a smaller lineup (likely), or you can assume it's both. I'm thinking either 2 or 3.

For what it's worth, the two spots Jim mentioned the ball being in Roy's hands were the low post and at the elbow.

The last thing about Roy is that he said Roy is who they thought he could be when they drafted him.

Moving away from Roy, here's some other information:

* He seems to be expecting Tyler to be cleared for training camp, though he sounded like it wasn't 100%

* Said PF was the biggest question mark this year now that Troy is gone, mentioned the obvious with Jeff and Tyler being big question marks due to their health and in Tyler's case also essentially being a rookie again, mentioned they were hopeful this might be a breakout year for Josh (though he didn't go into details there, so it sounded to me like more hope than expectation), and beyond them he said the only other option is to put a small guy there like Danny or Posey.

* Speaking of Posey, Jim sounded high on him. I think Posey will be this year's Murphy or Jack in that he'll be the 'old reliable' that Jim will lean on as much as he can. My guess is he'll see a lot of time at the PF spot.

* When asked about the Darren Collison trade, along with what I've already said regarding the PF spot and Posey, the first thing he said was how it brings more speed to the team and the importance of that. He actually downplayed DC's success last year because he was a rookie, because that was a losing team, and because that team didn't really have a defensive plan (due to the coaching changes) and that it caused Darren to regress a bit on the defensive end of the court relative to how good he was in college (Jim said something like he was a great defender while at UCLA). Jim said the plan is to get Darren back to his college-level quality on the defensive side of the floor.

* He mentioned at least twice how what Coach K was doing with team USA somewhat mirrors what they are doing here with regards to emphasizing quickness, speed, and spacing along with running to keep teams off-balance. Sounds like that's what we will go for whenever we think it's advantageous.

* Asked about Paul George, he sounded happy that Paul chose to spend as much time in Indy this summer as he did, believed that really helps, mentioned how Paul needs/needed to get stronger and cited an example of how he already does seem to be stronger. He said during a game of 3-on-3, there was a play where Josh was setting a pick on Paul and PG crushed him on impact.

bellisimo
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
cool.
how did this Q&A happen? was it open to the selected public or just for PD?

SMosley21
09-13-2010, 11:28 AM
* Asked about Paul George, he sounded happy that Paul chose to spend as much time in Indy this summer as he did, believed that really helps, mentioned how Paul needs/needed to get stronger and cited an example of how he already does seem to be stronger. He said during a game of 3-on-3, there was a play where Josh was setting a pick on Paul and PG crushed him on impact.

Great for PG, not so great for McBob. :confused:

Speed
09-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Wow, more info in one post than we've gotten in months!

Awesome news on Roy, we'll see.

naptownmenace
09-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks, Hicks and Gnome for continuing to make Pacers Digest the best Pacers and NBA forum on the planet!

Hicks
09-13-2010, 11:35 AM
cool.
how did this Q&A happen? was it open to the selected public or just for PD?

Just for PD? :chuckle: No, that doesn't happen.

This was a breakfast/Q&A for some of the season ticket holders. I was invited since I've been a STH 3 years in a row (and perhaps knowing my connection here, along with being associated with other STH's).

I got the sense that it was partially to encourage people like me (who currently do not have season tickets but have before) to stick with the team, but mainly to thank those already committed and to give them a "season preview" from the coach.

imawhat
09-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Jim seems to have turned a corner with Roy to where he views him as a key piece to the team (none bigger, actually).

He said that he expects Roy Hibbert to start 82 games this year. The reason this came up is because Gnome basically asked what would happen with Roy when we played teams like Toronto with a guy like Bargnani starting at the 5 and whether we would match up versus making them match up to us. Jim said that he feels Roy's at a point now with his game and his body (conditioning and his physical ability on the floor) that we will try to make those teams match up with us this year.

A season late, but better late than never. This is music to my ears.

Thank you, Jim!

SMosley21
09-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Thank you, Jim!

:jawdrop:

Something I never thought I would see anyone post on PD.

imawhat
09-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Something I never thought I would see anyone post on PD.

He deserves credit, even if it's recognizing the obvious.

Roy is a 7'2" center with a hook shot that is impossible to guard. He should be on the block or elbow putting pressure on the defense, not sitting on the bench because the opposing team plays at a fast pace.

Brad8888
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Gnome's already confirmed it, but I'll chime in.

Yes, we passed Lance while getting a tour of the locker room this morning.

Soon after, I tweeted what is quoted above.

Then I started to wonder if I was throwing the Pacers under the bus a bit with that, so I deleted it, but really after thinking about it longer, it was never the Pacers claiming that he wasn't allowed, it was Mike Wells.

So I think it's okay to say it.

I mean it's okay either way, but the Pacers were kind enough to invite me to this Q&A, and I didn't want to screw them by saying something they wouldn't want out there, but again it was never them, but Mike Wells, who said anything about Lance not being allowed in there.

We will have audio of some of what was said later, but yes, Roy fans should be quite happy with what Jim O'Brien had to say about Roy Hibbert.

He went on to mention that along with Roy losing something like 4% of his body fat and being in terrific shape, he felt that Roy was ahead of schedule developmentally speaking (meaning how good of a player he is).

A new nugget of information was that Roy actually has some form of asthma which has been a contributor to him playing less minutes and (my words) huffing and puffing after being out on the floor for a while despite being such a hard worker off the court. He said that they've recently discovered that while Roy has been taking medication for it, it turns out he's been taking it incorrectly and that now has been rectified and will also help with his ability to stay on the floor longer.

In fact, he said the goal is for Roy to play somewhere between 30-35 minutes a game, and he said whether we play big or small, Roy is a part of the lineup now. Honestly, Jim sounded very high on Roy Hibbert.

Another thing he said about the big fella is that Roy will do things we haven't seen him do much before. Now you could take this a few ways. You can assume he means playing more from the outside (quite possible), you can assume he means Roy is quicker and more capable of playing extended minutes and also functioning with a smaller lineup (likely), or you can assume it's both. I'm thinking either 2 or 3.

For what it's worth, the two spots Jim mentioned the ball being in Roy's hands were the low post and at the elbow.

The last thing about Roy is that he said Roy is who they thought he could be when they drafted him.

Moving away from Roy, here's some other information:

* He seems to be expecting Tyler to be cleared for training camp, though he sounded like it wasn't 100%

* Said PF was the biggest question mark this year now that Troy is gone, mentioned the obvious with Jeff and Tyler being big question marks due to their health and in Tyler's case also essentially being a rookie again, mentioned they were hopeful this might be a breakout year for Josh (though he didn't go into details there, so it sounded to me like more hope than expectation), and beyond them he said the only other option is to put a small guy there like Danny or Posey.

* Speaking of Posey, Jim sounded high on him. I think Posey will be this year's Murphy or Jack in that he'll be the 'old reliable' that Jim will lean on as much as he can. My guess is he'll see a lot of time at the PF spot.

* When asked about the Darren Collison trade, along with what I've already said regarding the PF spot and Posey, the first thing he said was how it brings more speed to the team and the importance of that. He actually downplayed DC's success last year because he was a rookie, because that was a losing team, and because that team didn't really have a defensive plan (due to the coaching changes) and that it caused Darren to regress a bit on the defensive end of the court relative to how good he was in college (Jim said something like he was a great defender while at UCLA). Jim said the plan is to get Darren back to his college-level quality on the defensive side of the floor.

* He mentioned at least twice how what Coach K was doing with team USA somewhat mirrors what they are doing here with regards to emphasizing quickness, speed, and spacing along with running to keep teams off-balance. Sounds like that's what we will go for whenever we think it's advantageous.

Good for Roy! He deserves any recognition he can get while he waits for a chance to actually show what Walton is teaching him. It is a shame to hear about his asthma, which may well be a function of his long airway being thin in diameter relative to the volume requirement of his pulmonary system. Hopefully proper medication as well as proper taking of that medication can indeed mitigate this condition. A healthy, properly utilized Roy is key to any hopes of getting 40 wins this year.

Poor McRoberts. Sounds like Granger is the starter at the 4 a good portion of the year, followed by Posey and Hansbrough (if Hansbrough is back and is able to finally adjust to actually playing NBA basketball after his lengthy time away from the NBA floor), and assuming Foster is used to back up Roy at center for limited minutes. Hopefully Josh is involved in a trade that allows him to have a career. If George crushed McRoberts with McRoberts setting the pick, obviously McRoberts has been focusing on the 3's and jumpers during the offseason as he has been instructed to while becoming less physical than he has been in the past (kind of like he looked during the summer league). That stinks for both McRoberts and the Pacers.

Also, poor Collison. All but being called "irrelevant" due to his SEASON last year not having come in a winning effort!!!! Emphasis on his speed doesn't sound like developing a passing game, either, which is what would separate Collison from the rest of our guards during O'Brien's tenure. Also, to have his defense challenged by O'Brien is a little difficult to imagine, unless Collison had a truly awful season last year defensively, which I doubt. So, is Collison going to train by running sprints to get even speedier and doing lunges at guys doing low dribbling basketball cuts or passes to other perimeter players for his defensive training as well as dribble driving sprints into traffic followed by spinning high jumps with targets in the Pacers hot perimeter spots that he is supposed to throw the ball at for his offensive training (and don't forget 200+ 3's per session)?

And, like Team USA, Small Ball FTW!?!?!? That sure doesn't sound like a team that intends to have any emphasis change towards the inside at all despite what Roy is actually doing. It sounds like a team of jumpshooters and slashers that want to run the opposition off the court and turn games into track meets when possible. Like it or not, the Pacers simply do not, even with Collison, have the horses to outrun very many teams because many teams still have superior athleticism and would like nothing more than to play that way against us. A recipe for a lot of close games as long as our 3's fall, though, just like we saw two years ago.

I appreciate the heads up, and will listen carefully to whatever the franchise chooses to release.

90'sNBARocked
09-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks so much for the inside information!

2 questions :

Do you think JIm's big talk of Roy is his own true opinion, or rather Bird's mandate?

Do you think Posey will be the "new Murphy"? Meaning Jim's new man crush?

If we dont acquire a PF, I see Posey getting a lot of minutes there, expecially since he can stick the three

Thanks guys

Hicks
09-13-2010, 12:19 PM

2 questions :

Do you think JIm's big talk of Roy is his own true opinion, or rather Bird's mandate?

I think it's his own opinion.

Yes.

90'sNBARocked
09-13-2010, 12:21 PM
I think it's his own opinion.

Yes.

Thanks Bro

As a season ticket holder, how does that effect your seats if we make the playoffs?

(now I feel like i interviewing you, lol)

Jon Theodore
09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
I am personally glad to hear Lance is still "with the team" so to speak. Hopefully he can put this mess behind him, learn from it and move on...

Jon Theodore
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM

2 questions :

If we dont acquire a PF, I see Posey getting a lot of minutes there, expecially since he can stick the three

Thanks guys

If Posey is in good shape he is going to be playing 25 min a game on a regular basis I think. I see him getting a lot of starts early on...depending on how he produces he may stay in the starting line-up, knowing O'brien. I like Posey and I think he is a good solid role player that winning teams need, but I have a bad feeling he is going to be a 3rd option guy on our team which will not be good!

naptownmenace
09-13-2010, 12:24 PM
2 questions :

Thanks guys

Yes and yes.

I think Roy has earned the coach's trust by being the hardest worker on and off the court. Roy is a coaches dream because he's a self-motivated go-getter. He also has good offensive skills to go with his height and length.

Posey, based on how big he was last season and how he has lost a step, would probably be great at PF in the Pacers offense. He might even be the starter. Unlike Murphy, he's a good defender and if you put him against slower PFs who have little post game he'll be great. I can see him defending guys like Boozer and Murphy very well.

Hicks
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks Bro

As a season ticket holder, how does that effect your seats if we make the playoffs?

(now I feel like i interviewing you, lol)

I'm not a season ticket holder right now (not by choice, but by circumstances). STH's that have full season tickets have dibs on their respective seats if/when we make the playoffs.

graphic-er
09-13-2010, 12:47 PM
So did you all at least say hello to Lance as you passed him, or did you give him the look.

kidneypuncher
I am going to assume this is a "no" but any information on what they are doing with Lance besides allowing him in the building?

BornReady
unless they are all unhealthy/not fit to start, I'd rather see your young PFs start over Posey. No offense to him, of course, but the last thing we want is another stopgap PF imo.

Hicks
09-13-2010, 12:59 PM
So did you all at least say hello to Lance as you passed him, or did you give him the look.

Neither. He looked passed us as he went by, and we didn't say anything.

I am going to assume this is a "no" but any information on what they are doing with Lance besides allowing him in the building?

No.

vnzla81
09-13-2010, 01:36 PM
No disrespect but did you take a shower after hearing all that BS from JOB? :-p

odeez
09-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Nice job guys with the Q&A! It must be exciting being there. If I lived in Indy I would totally be there. I will have to live vicariously through guys on that tip. The info on Hibbert was the best. I would love to see him play 30-35 mins a game! Also nice info on Lance... not sure how I feel about him being there... your point on Wells reporting it and not the Pacers was interesting as well.

Great job once again!

PaceBalls
09-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Should I preemptively start the bench Posey and play more McBob/Tyler/Magnum/anyone else thread?

I think this is going to be the main issue that everyone complains about this season.

Speed
09-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Posey in his prime was one of my favorite players, honestly. He play lock down defense and played the game very selfless. I'm just not sure Posey isn't 3 years removed from having that kind of impact.

I'm glad they have him, he's a leader, he knows how to play the right way, but I don't think he has any business at this point in his career and at this point in the Pacers progression, taking minutes from young guys who you are developing for the future.

If you want to play him 15 mins a night off the bench, fine, anything more is a detriment to the long term improvement of the team, imho.

90'sNBARocked
09-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Posey in his prime was one of my favorite players, honestly. He play lock down defense and played the game very selfless. I'm just not sure Posey isn't 3 years removed from having that kind of impact.

I'm glad they have him, he's a leader, he knows how to play the right way, but I don't think he has any business at this point in his career and at this point in the Pacers progression, taking minutes from young guys who you are developing for the future.

If you want to play him 15 mins a night off the bench, fine, anything more is a detriment to the long term improvement of the team, imho.

The problem is Obie (at least appaently) is fighting for his job , so he doesnt have the urge to play the young gunz the way we would like. I think posey will get between 20-30 minutes a game until Obie is gone

Larry Staverman
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
If Posey is in good shape he is going to be playing 25 min a game on a regular basis I think. I see him getting a lot of starts early on...depending on how he produces he may stay in the starting line-up, knowing O'brien. I like Posey and I think he is a good solid role player that winning teams need, but I have a bad feeling he is going to be a 3rd option guy on our team which will not be good!

Everyone knows the Hornets are about getting better now and keeping Chris Paul happy.

There is a reason they traded Posey to the Pacers.

90'sNBARocked
09-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Everyone knows the Hornets are about getting better now and keeping Chris Paul happy.

I am curious as I have not heard that, could you please elaborate?

Thanks

BornReady
09-13-2010, 02:57 PM

Thanks

People reason that the trade took place because the Hornets wanted to show Paul that he is the man there and that they want to build around him so that he would not demande a trade. That is why they got rid of Collison, and I guess the same could be said for Posey, although I think he was kind of a very very serviceable cap filler. :)

Day-V
09-13-2010, 03:01 PM

Thanks

So they could sign Ariza and stay under the cap?

Sparhawk
09-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Nice QandA Hicks and Gnome.

Nothing but good things to hear all around, which doesn't surprise me.

I'm very excited for this upcoming season. I just hope I'll be able to watch a few games since I live in Atlanta.

90'sNBARocked
09-13-2010, 03:30 PM
So they could sign Ariza and stay under the cap?

I must have read larrys post wrong

I thought he wass implying that Posey and Chris Paul didnt get along

Larry Staverman
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM

A few years ago Posey was a solid defender and glue guy.

My point was N.O. wants to win now and they have had Posey for 2 years and saw him every day and traded him. It indicates to me that they didn't see him as a key piece at this point in his career which I agree with.

This was in reference to Posey playing 30 minutes a night in at PF instead of playing our younger players and finding out what we have..

I'm thinking 10-15 minutes off the bench and leadership in the locker room.

BRushWithDeath
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Lance hadn't been with the team until today. He'd been working out at NIFS prior to this morning. I don't think the team was all too happy that his banishment was leaked but once it was public it made sense to rescind it apparently.

Anthem
09-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Another thing he said about the big fella is that Roy will do things we haven't seen him do much before. Now you could take this a few ways.
3-BALL!

Sookie
09-14-2010, 12:03 AM
3-BALL!

*grumbles*

I've seen him do that before..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AbbPeSoMJ3Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AbbPeSoMJ3Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Trophy
09-14-2010, 08:05 AM

Posey isn't even a PF and never even played the position which is going to suck if JOB thinks he can insert anyone into that position which he's done in the past.

Posey stands at 6-8 and is a wingman so hopefully JOB doesn't mess around with players' positions.

Speed
09-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Did I miss the link to the Obie audio?

Hicks
09-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Did I miss the link to the Obie audio?

No. Once I get it from Gnome, I'll get it ready to put on youtube in a couple of pieces.

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Odd, I've actually had a person that works for the organization tell me that Lance wasn't allowed on the premises.

I have also been told that O'Brien will be laying off McRoberts a little this season in regards to the 3-point shooting attempts.

pacergod2
09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
By "laying off", what exactly do you mean?

That he just won't be asked to shoot the three?

imawhat
09-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Duke, read BRush's post.

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Duke, read BRush's post.OK?

vnzla81
09-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Did I miss the link to the Obie audio?.

this is part of the interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUyLwXhqlWU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUyLwXhqlWU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUyLwXhqlWU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

90'sNBARocked
09-14-2010, 11:14 AM
OK?

Lance hadn't been with the team until today. He'd been working out at NIFS prior to this morning. I don't think the team was all too happy that his banishment was leaked but once it was public it made sense to rescind it apparently.

From B Rush

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 11:50 AM
From B Rush
I know. I just want to know how that is correlated to my post.

Roaming Gnome
09-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Neither. He looked passed us as he went by, and we didn't say anything.

Actually, that is incorrect... I did say "hey, what's up?" as we walked by him and he did say, "Hey man" as he walked by us. It was barebly audible, but he did respond as he walked by us!

90'sNBARocked
09-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Actually, that is incorrect... I did say "hey, what's up?" as we walked by him and he did say, "Hey man" as he walked by us. It was barebly audible, but he did respond as he walked by us!

Do you know if he was actually practicing with the team? Or was he working out alone of with a Pacer coach?

Thanks

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Did he whisper softly into your ear? A whole lot of sweet nothings?

Roaming Gnome
09-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Sorry about the delay in the audio of the Q & A. I worked from the time the Q&A ended until about midnight. I was too tired to do much else last night other than watch the back of my eyelids. I will send Hicks the audio within a couple hours.

Roaming Gnome
09-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Do you know if he was actually practicing with the team? Or was he working out alone of with a Pacer coach?

Thanks

I don't know... When we passed him he had a dry towel around his neck as if he was on his way to work out. There wasn't anyone with him.

Roaming Gnome
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Ya know... a funny thing happened about 30 seconds before we actually crossed Lance in the corridor. Remember, we were on a locker room tour so when Hicks and I looked in the locker room and seen the name on the corner locker stall...
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/Roaming_Gnome74/72d93861.jpg

We were kind of curious and started to comment that at least he still has a locker while being banned from the Fieldhouse... So, imagine following that up with our passing in the corridor just seconds later!

Speed
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Good move putting him next to Foster. He's literally in the corner, so that's appropriate too, I guess.

BornReady
09-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Ya know... a funny thing happened about 30 seconds before we actually crossed Lance in the corridor. Remember, we were on a locker room tour so when Hicks and I looked in the locker room and seen the name on the corner locker stall...
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/Roaming_Gnome74/72d93861.jpg

We were kind of curious and started to comment that at least he still has a locker while being banned from the Fieldhouse... So, imagine following that up with our passing in the corridor just seconds later!

not to detract from the current conversation, but ford's locker is awfully empty. was murphy's locker initially next to ford and stephenson before he got traded?

Sookie
09-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Posey isn't even a PF and never even played the position which is going to suck if JOB thinks he can insert anyone into that position which he's done in the past.

Posey stands at 6-8 and is a wingman so hopefully JOB doesn't mess around with players' positions.

......LOL

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 04:16 PM
not to detract from the current conversation, but ford's locker is awfully empty. was murphy's locker initially next to ford and stephenson before he got traded?
No, Murphy's was to the left side of that image. There are a lot of empty lockers in there.

Roaming Gnome
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
As Duke pointed out... I think it is the empty one next to Dunleavy's on the other side of the locker room.

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/Roaming_Gnome74/720da931.jpg

90'sNBARocked
09-14-2010, 05:40 PM
As Duke pointed out... I think it is the empty one next to Dunleavy's on the other side of the locker room.

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/Roaming_Gnome74/720da931.jpg

Thanks for the pics fam

Looks like Lance will be joining us

you guys rock, much appreciated for an out of towner like me

Speed
09-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Check out this video on YouTube: this is part of the interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUyLwXhqlWU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone

Nice, I couldn't see this until I got home from work. Ha!

imawhat
09-14-2010, 08:23 PM

He didn't grab you and say "That's Mr. Stephenson to you"?

Roaming Gnome
09-14-2010, 08:30 PM
He didn't grab you and say "That's Mr. Stephenson to you"?

Well, that would have broken the "zero tolerance" threshold. He has to know that will get you run out of Indiana for sure!

IndyHoosier
09-14-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm not a season ticket holder right now (not by choice, but by circumstances). STH's that have full season tickets have dibs on their respective seats if/when we make the playoffs.

I think it is ridiculous that our fearless PD leader does not have season tix. What are there, 1500+ members on here? If half of them chipped in $2, you could have decent lower level tix. I would gladly chip in, seriously!! Thanks for all you do on here!

Hicks
09-14-2010, 11:38 PM
That's kind of you to say, but while money isn't exactly overflowing for me right now, I could probably find a way to pay for my old seat again. It's actually a matter of availability. One of my jobs has me working a few nights a week, and the schedule isn't consistent. So I'll go when I can get away on a free night, but it's not going to happen consistently enough to justify paying for 41 games or even trying to guess at which 20 games I could make with a half-season package.

Will Galen
09-15-2010, 09:34 AM
That's kind of you to say, but while money isn't exactly overflowing for me right now, I could probably find a way to pay for my old seat again. It's actually a matter of availability. One of my jobs has me working a few nights a week, and the schedule isn't consistent. So I'll go when I can get away on a free night, but it's not going to happen consistently enough to justify paying for 41 games or even trying to guess at which 20 games I could make with a half-season package.

So, the solution is for someone to offer Hicks a better job!

graphic-er
09-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Maybe Hicks should put some banner ads up on the PD and start making some dolla billz.

90'sNBARocked
09-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Maybe Hicks should put some banner ads up on the PD and start making some dolla billz.

I have thought the same thing for a long time

but im greedy I guess

Hicks
09-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I don't pay to have this place hosted by able. It's his ongoing gift to host it. It would be wrong of me, IMO, to start throwing up ads strictly for my sole benefit in this scenario. I've thought about something like a 50/50 split, but I honestly have no idea if that's fair or what would be fair.

That and a lot of you probably are rocking AdBlock on your browsers. :-p

Bball
09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't pay to have this place hosted by able. It's his ongoing gift to host it. It would be wrong of me, IMO, to start throwing up ads strictly for my sole benefit in this scenario. I've thought about something like a 50/50 split, but I honestly have no idea if that's fair or what would be fair.

Just sell Pacers Digest T-shirts, hats, mugs, etc...

Maybe get a mug that has the dancing banana on it and he dances to temperature changes... or the light as you lift the mug ;)

90'sNBARocked
09-15-2010, 08:28 PM

What if you did it as a non for profit and donated the money to a needy cause?

I know its probably more headache than its worth, but PD got love for you

SoupIsGood
09-16-2010, 09:37 AM

Really really agree with this. PD's one of the best sports site on the intertubes; the person (or people in this case - Hicks, Able) who's put so much work into it ought to at least earn a little spending money off it. Seems like there'd be a bunch of options - splitting earnings, paying for hosting with the earnings (though I have no idea if ad earnings > hosting costs). etc.

McKeyFan
09-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't pay to have this place hosted by able. It's his ongoing gift to host it. It would be wrong of me, IMO, to start throwing up ads strictly for my sole benefit in this scenario.

Just don't tell able.

:zip:

MyFavMartin
09-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Maybe get a mug that has the dancing banana on it and he dances to temperature changes... or the light as you lift the mug ;)

I'd love it if a pic of Artest was on the bottom of the mug and it said "Don't throw anything my way until I finish my coffee!"

BillS
09-16-2010, 07:57 PM
A number of us have spare tickets from time to time. If Hicks is nice to us (like continuing the donuts in the chat room foyer) we'll throw one his way when he needs it.