PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine O'Neal broke down crying in his car after his last game as a Pacer

ensergio
09-12-2010, 11:24 AM
I think this talk better of him

“Any athlete can preach to this, that when things aren’t going well, you tend to bring it home, and the people that take the brunt of it is the family,’’ O’Neal said. “Whether it’s you not wanting to be around anybody, whether it’s you not wanting to do anything, whether it’s you being sensitive, whether it’s you being frustrated.’’

Eventually, the strain was too much.

“When I noticed that it was starting to weigh on my family, I asked to leave Indiana,’’ O’Neal said. “I never expected to leave Indiana. That was the breaking point for me.’’

He broke down crying in his car after his last game as a Pacer. His wife was in the passenger’s seat. He wanted to retire right then.

“She knew it because I told her that I actually understood the effects of those dark days on my family,’’ O’Neal said. “It started really bothering her to see me physically the way I was and emotionally and mentally the way I was.

“That was basically the reason why I felt like it was time to go. It was a very difficult decision.’’

This is the link: http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/09/12/oneal_is_reaching_for_the_ring/?page=4

MyFavMartin
09-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Poor guy.

$20 million a year and can't stand the pressue...

FlavaDave
09-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Poor guy.

Come on man. Is that $20 million supposed to make him not care about his family or for basketball? We should be so lucky to have a league full of players who don't let all the money jade them.

IndyPacer
09-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Poor guy.

I personally know people who are considerably more wealthy than O'Neal who go through plenty of misery similar to what Jermaine is describing, and much of it is often related to family and relationships. Money does not provide you from immunity from such things.

Trader Joe
09-12-2010, 12:15 PM
JO was always an interesting character.

Do I think he cared? Absolutely. He wanted the Pacers to succeed.

However, I think he always thought the best way to succeed was through him. In a way, he was selfish because of this, but at the same time I think his intentions were for the team to win, he was just misguided. If that makes sense.

Los Angeles
09-12-2010, 01:35 PM
His wife must not have thrown him the ball.

BlueNGold
09-12-2010, 05:57 PM
JO used to be my favorite player, until I got to know him better. Sorry he had issues, but for 20M/year, you just have to grin and bear it. It's not that long nor that important in the scheme of life. Dude probably still needs to grow up.

Isaac
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
JO used to be my favorite player, until I got to know him better. Sorry he had issues, but for 20M/year, you just have to grin and bear it. It's not that long nor that important in the scheme of life. Dude probably still needs to grow up.

Please! Enough of this talk. Ever think that maybe he felt he wasn't earning his money? You would prefer he just takes his paycheck and grins through losing because he's making so much money? Come on now. That's not the type of player any of us want.

xBulletproof
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM
It's not that long nor that important in the scheme of life. Dude probably still needs to grow up.

He needs to grow up because he put his family ahead of his commitment to his employer? If only we could all be so immature. I suppose it's more mature to just say kiss my *** to the wife, and kids and just get a divorce?

I'm not following this logic at all.

dlewyus
09-12-2010, 06:38 PM
I once heard it said that the only difference between a rich man and a poor man is that the poor man thinks all his problems would be solved if he just had more money. A rich man knows better.

aceace
09-12-2010, 06:40 PM
If not for Artest, Reggie and JO probably have a ring. Remember the Lakers "infighting" and Detroit goes on to win. Nobody on here says anything about JO and heart if that happens. All of a sudden JO is worth his money. Apology or not, Artest will always remain my least favorite very talented player.

Slick Pinkham
09-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Jermaine does break down fairly often, in more ways than one, it seems

Bball
09-12-2010, 07:52 PM
If not for Artest, Reggie and JO probably have a ring. Remember the Lakers "infighting" and Detroit goes on to win. Nobody on here says anything about JO and heart if that happens. All of a sudden JO is worth his money. Apology or not, Artest will always remain my least favorite very talented player.

Without Artest, JO wasn't going to sniff a ring with the Pacers whether Reggie was here or not. JO wanted to be Batman... instead he was the guy wearing hockey pads (Batman The Dark Knight reference there).

Peck
09-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm just ready to move on.

Danny Granger, Tyler Hansbrough, Roy Hibbert, Darren Collison & Paul George are now the focus of the Indiana Pacers and that is where I want to stay.

Brad8888
09-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I think that sums up the fact that JO was forced into a leadership role with the Pacers that he never was actually suited for emotionally, and when the team failed to perform he took it personally while at the same time wanting to be anywhere else besides Indiana because deep down he knew he could never be what was being asked of him here, especially without any other players to carry any part of the load from a skill or leadership standpoint.

Larry Staverman
09-12-2010, 09:01 PM
I broke down and cried after watching a few of JO's games before his last.

If the pressure was too much he could have asked the franchise have the contract voided for family medical reasons like Derek Fisher did.

The team probably would have been happy to wipe that contract off the cap and they could have helped out poor JO and his family at the same time.

McKeyFan
09-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I think that sums up the fact that JO was forced into a leadership role with the Pacers that he never was actually suited for emotionally, and when the team failed to perform he took it personally while at the same time wanting to be anywhere else besides Indiana because deep down he knew he could never be what was being asked of him here, especially without any other players to carry any part of the load from a skill or leadership standpoint.

This.

Some of the problem is on Donnie Walsh.

ksuttonjr76
09-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry, but some of the comments in this thread are pretty *****ing callous. I will NEVER understand why some people are expected to be "less human" and "more character", because they make millions of dollars. More money =/= Better Christian.

Dece
09-12-2010, 10:46 PM
It's fairly nonsensical to ask us to care what JO's state of mind was. We're basketball fans cheering for a basketball team. Why should any of us care JO was cracking under the pressure any farther than it hurt our team?

Besides, even if we did care, people deal with harsh pressure everyday under circumstances that make JO's look like a satirical mockery of something that actually matters. Guy plays a game for a living. This isn't life or death. This isn't cold or warm, starving or fed, it's a game. Cry me a river about the mental pressure of a game.

will567
09-12-2010, 10:52 PM
I loved watching JO in his prime! He played hard on both ends and with emotion and passion! He was generous with his time and money while here. He had an injury that limited his explosiveness and he was never the same but that does not change the great things he did on and off the court. I wish more people would remember the many monster dunks we saw form JO. He was exciting to watch and I wish we had more JO style dunks on this team and less long jumpers. Maybe more people would want to watch if we did.

Day-V
09-12-2010, 11:43 PM

Bullseye.

At the time, I never bought into J.O. as the "leader" of the Pacers. He was definitely the franchise player, but I still thought of it as Reggie's Team even though his role and production took a huge step back in those last few years.

jcouts
09-12-2010, 11:48 PM
boo hoo.

i still don't like him.

i like jax better than jo, if that says anything.

MyFavMartin
09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
$20 million.

That's a lot of money.

Criticism comes with the job of playing ball.

If your family doesn't like having to deal with the criticism, move them to Florida.

If you can't stand the pressure or criticism, get some counseling to figure out how to deal with it or talk to other players. There's support systems available for $20 million.

Never liked the turn around fade-away shot of his... too low percentage... and I didn't like the fact that he was always talking and explaining away stuff in interviews. Too much talk and not enough winning.

His teams had talent.... they just didn't work well together. Is team chemistry his fault? Not solely, but there is some blame to go around for everyone.

naptownmenace
09-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Please! Enough of this talk. Ever think that maybe he felt he wasn't earning his money? You would prefer he just takes his paycheck and grins through losing because he's making so much money? Come on now. That's not the type of player any of us want.

I agree that he probably wasn't happy with his play but I think what overall had him down was that the team wasn't winning and the fans were throwing him under the bus.

He played through major injuries, injuries requiring surgery, because he was making the big bucks and he knew the team needed him. All that money did was put a huge bullseye on his back for the fans and media to shoot at when the Pacers were struggling. His feelings were hurt more than anything else and both he and Larry Bird made the decision to split.

Luckily we got Roy Hibbert out of the deal and JO got to move on to a situation with less pressure.

ChicagoJ
09-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Poor guy.

We may need a "no thanks" button.

You're entitled to your opinion, so I'm not saying you should not post it.

Its his career, and maybe the money wasn't the most important thing to him. Even though he had plenty of it.

ChicagoJ
09-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Besides, even if we did care, people deal with harsh pressure everyday under circumstances that make JO's look like a satirical mockery of something that actually matters. Guy plays a game for a living. This isn't life or death. This isn't cold or warm, starving or fed, it's a game. Cry me a river about the mental pressure of a game.

Let's look at this sentence: "Guy plays a game for a living."

You're all focused on the fact that he plays a game. Because he gets to play basketball you assume he shouldn't have any other problems. Like he's a robot or something.

"... for a living." So I take it that nobody here has ever been stressed out about thier job or career. No fears that, "I'm just not doing as good as I hoped."?? No concerns that, "I'm doing my best but the new boss doesn't seem to appreciate it. Plus, he's got his favorites already."??

Cry me a river? Yeesh.

MyFavMartin
09-13-2010, 11:53 AM
The criticism isn't personal.

So it shouldn't be taken that way.

ChicagoJ
09-13-2010, 11:56 AM
At the time, I never bought into J.O. as the "leader" of the Pacers. He was definitely the franchise player, but I still thought of it as Reggie's Team even though his role and production took a huge step back in those last few years.

Except that Reggie was such a non-leader that he was always promoting Jackson and Jalen as the leaders before JO became his target.

Yet Reggie gets a free pass?

Meanwhile, I like the distinction you made between franchise player and leader. Given the rest of the roster, there wasn't a human alive on the planet that could lead them anywhere productive.

Bball
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
My favorite part of this discussion is that none of it really matters (to the Pacers) because JO is long gone and not coming back... :D

ChicagoJ
09-13-2010, 12:06 PM
The criticism isn't personal.

So it shouldn't be taken that way.

That's laughable.

What part of

"$20 million a year" or

"can't stand the pressue"

isn't personal?

That's like a couple of years ago when my daughter and all her third-grade friends with start an insult with, "Not to be insulting..."

As in, "Not to be insulting, but I don't like your ponytails."

We had to teach them that starting an insult with "not to be insulting..." doesn't eliminate the fact that its insult. Saying what you said in post #2, then saying "its not personal" doesn't magically make it impersonal.

Isaac
09-13-2010, 02:08 PM
I agree that he probably wasn't happy with his play but I think what overall had him down was that the team wasn't winning and the fans were throwing him under the bus.

He played through major injuries, injuries requiring surgery, because he was making the big bucks and he knew the team needed him. All that money did was put a huge bullseye on his back for the fans and media to shoot at when the Pacers were struggling. His feelings were hurt more than anything else and both he and Larry Bird made the decision to split.

Luckily we got Roy Hibbert out of the deal and JO got to move on to a situation with less pressure.

Oh I completely agree, I´m defending JO here. I just don´t understand why people seem to be saying he was making 20 million a year so he shouldn´t get upset. That makes no sense.

90'sNBARocked
09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
The ironic thing here is a young JO is EXACTLY what this current team of Pacers desperatley needs!!

90'sNBARocked
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Let's look at this sentence: "Guy plays a game for a living."

You're all focused on the fact that he plays a game. Because he gets to play basketball you assume he shouldn't have any other problems. Like he's a robot or something.

"... for a living." So I take it that nobody here has ever been stressed out about thier job or career. No fears that, "I'm just not doing as good as I hoped."?? No concerns that, "I'm doing my best but the new boss doesn't seem to appreciate it. Plus, he's got his favorites already."??

Cry me a river? Yeesh.

Good points Jay

I agree, I always cringe when someone says they didnt always give 110%

Like who the *&^% can honestly say they give 110% on their job EVERYDAY!

Its not realistic

nerveghost
09-13-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm rolling my eyes because I don't believe a word of it...."cried"...whatever...

BornReady
09-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm rolling my eyes because I don't believe a word of it...."cried"...whatever...

yea God forbid somebody, let alone an athlete, cries...

MyFavMartin
09-13-2010, 04:55 PM
That's laughable.

What part of

"$20 million a year" or

"can't stand the pressue"

isn't personal?

That's like a couple of years ago when my daughter and all her third-grade friends with start an insult with, "Not to be insulting..."

As in, "Not to be insulting, but I don't like your ponytails."

We had to teach them that starting an insult with "not to be insulting..." doesn't eliminate the fact that its insult. Saying what you said in post #2, then saying "its not personal" doesn't magically make it impersonal.

My complaint with JO was his performance on the court and what he put out there in the public regarding talking to the press. The pressure was what comes with the expectations with regard to his performance of a bball player getting superstar money. How is any of that personal?

He gets paid $20 million to be the superstar of the team and when he doesn't meet expectations, we're supposed to not complain?

MyFavMartin
09-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh I completely agree, I´m defending JO here. I just don´t understand why people seem to be saying he was making 20 million a year so he shouldn´t get upset. That makes no sense.

not saying he can't get upset.

i'm saying "deal with it."

Isaac
09-13-2010, 05:05 PM
not saying he can't get upset.

i'm saying "deal with it."

Would you prefer a player who gets upset to the point of tears because things aren't going well or a player who doesn't care if they win or lose as long as they get their 20 mil.

ChicagoJ
09-13-2010, 05:09 PM
My complaint with JO was his performance on the court and what he put out there in the public regarding talking to the press. The pressure was what comes with the expectations with regard to his performance of a bball player getting superstar money. How is any of that personal?

He gets paid $20 million to be the superstar of the team and when he doesn't meet expectations, we're supposed to not complain?

Yeah, you can complain about whatever you want. But your compaints were personal. You were talking about his compensation and his ability to handle pressure. In what universe are those things not personal? As for your contributions on PD, I think you're overpaid and you need to handle the pressure better. :D Don't like my comment? Deal with it. :D

So say whatever you want. But saying that and then saying, "its not personal" doesn't magically make it "not personal."

Saying "he needs to improve his passing" is not the same, and is a fair comment. Even saying, "gee, during 2002-03 and 2003-04 he was one of the toughest and most-consistent clutch players but he's not anymore and he needs to get back to that level" is a completely fair comment and probably not "personal."

He clearly wasn't playing as well as he, the fans, or the organization expected. He earned the right to his huge contract in 2002-03, but he only "earned" the compensation of that contact for a year or so, and certainly not the entire time. Most people have accused him of not caring at all, which is absurd. His leadership was misguided, no doubt about that. But nobody else was leading that team. Not dear old Reggie. Certainly not Tinsley, SJax or Ron. Maybe Croshere and Anthony Johnson tried but they didn't have the on-court status to really be the leader.

Your personal criticisms of him are reasonable. But they're still personal, and saying they aren't personal isn't accurate and its actually disengenuous.

naptownmenace
09-13-2010, 05:11 PM

The man made the All-Star team 6 times, came in 3rd in MVP voting in '04, earned All-NBA honors three times (Second Team in 2003-04 and Third Team in 2001-02 and 2002-03)…captured the NBA’s Most Improved Player Award in 2001-02…is a three-time NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month and a two-time NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week…has ranked in the Top 10 in the NBA in blocks eight times and in the Top 10 in rebounds on three occasions. He's also the Pacers all-time leader in total rebounds and blocked shots.

The Pacers paid him when he was at the top of his game and there were a couple of other teams he would've received the max from if the Pacers didn't offer him the max. I'll admit that he fizzled the last couple of seasons with the Pacers and didn't live up to his contract but it was because he was injured more than because he lacked good leadership skills or the ability to be a franchise maximum contract player.

Revisionist history sux.

Dece
09-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Nevermind, J is probably right, I probably am being overly harsh.

ksuttonjr76
09-13-2010, 06:33 PM
The man made the All-Star team 6 times, came in 3rd in MVP voting in '04, earned All-NBA honors three times (Second Team in 2003-04 and Third Team in 2001-02 and 2002-03)…captured the NBA’s Most Improved Player Award in 2001-02…is a three-time NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month and a two-time NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week…has ranked in the Top 10 in the NBA in blocks eight times and in the Top 10 in rebounds on three occasions. He's also the Pacers all-time leader in total rebounds and blocked shots.

The Pacers paid him when he was at the top of his game and there were a couple of other teams he would've received the max from if the Pacers didn't offer him the max. I'll admit that he fizzled the last couple of seasons with the Pacers and didn't live up to his contract but it was because he was injured more than because he lacked good leadership skills or the ability to be a franchise maximum contract player.

Revisionist history sux.

Quoted for Truth.

Day-V
09-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Except that Reggie was such a non-leader that he was always promoting Jackson and Jalen as the leaders before JO became his target.

While Reggie said those things about Mark and Jalen, I think it still goes without saying that those were all Reggie's teams. He was the heart and soul of the franchise and everyone rallied around him. Not MJax or Jalen.

MyFavMartin
09-13-2010, 08:24 PM
The Pacers paid him when he was at the top of his game ... I'll admit that he fizzled the last couple of seasons with the Pacers and didn't live up to his contract ...

J Bender, Croshere, Tinsley, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington....

So he fit right in with Pacer's history? :-p

MyFavMartin
09-13-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm not saying I'm completely unsympathetic and feel for the guy and his injuries, but if you can't stand criticism, grow a pair.

Bball
09-13-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't think he ever earned his contract.... if we're talking ROI.

He was one of the top paid players in the NBA. Not one of the top 20.... one of the top 2 or 3 players. Last season he earned more than Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki, Ray Allen ....

In 08-09 only Kevin Garnett made more money in the NBA.

You can argue we had to pay him those type of numbers because he was seen as a POTENTIAL elite player and someone else would, but he hit his ceiling before he ever reached elite status. He was certainly never the 2nd best or 2nd most important player in the NBA.... yet his salary said otherwise.

I doubt we'll ever know what any other teams really offered (or would've offered) since we gave him the max and max years... but I don't see how it can be argued he 'earned' that contract when he never was even the best player on the team, let alone in the NBA.

ChicagoJ
09-13-2010, 11:06 PM
He was third in MVP balloting during the first season of his contract. You are cherry picking with your selective recall. And he was arguably better the season before, although his father-in-law attempted suicide and a whole bunch of other offcourt **** and Ron's oncourt flagrant foul **** and Isiah's wretched coaching **** torpedoed that team. Obviously years #3, #4, #5, etc. of the contract did not work out so well. But its not like the Pacers gave him a max contract when he was a first-year starter averaging 12 and 9. His production improved rapidly when he got into the rotation on a regular basis.

ChicagoJ
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM
but if you can't stand criticism, grow a pair.

That's still "personal."

Anthem
09-14-2010, 12:05 AM
JO was always an interesting character.

Do I think he cared? Absolutely. He wanted the Pacers to succeed.

However, I think he always thought the best way to succeed was through him. In a way, he was selfish because of this, but at the same time I think his intentions were for the team to win, he was just misguided. If that makes sense.
"Misguided" was right. He was guided poorly.

Watching old tape of him before he added all of that weight is just heartbreaking. He was always a player that built his game around being quick. Even in his last year with us, he'd consistently score the ball if he made a quick move as soon as he got it. That was where his skills were.

Bulking up didn't just hurt his knees (although it obviously hurt them quite a lot). It also hurt his game, because he was a speed/quickness player trying to play a power game. It just didn't work.

I understand letting Brad Miller walk, but the Pacers really needed to get Dale Davis back sooner and keep him for longer. Dale and Jermaine would have been the best Pacers frontcourt ever.

Peck will always hate Jermaine for not being Dale, but the reality is that the guy Jermaine really replaced up front was Smits. See him as a better Smits who needed his Dale and his later career decline becomes almost unavoidable.

Trader Joe
09-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Come on everybody *****ing and moaning about JO's contract has never made sense. He earned the deal and was paid his market value at the time. He didn't screw us or bamboozle us. Everyone likes to revise this, remember the other team that was pursuing JO very actively? The San Antonio Spurs. I guess they're a bunch of idiots for thinking JO was worth a max deal too? I think we'd all like to be run by the Spurs management group.

Everyone needs to realize, that while flawed, JO was one of our smallest problems for most of his time here.

duke dynamite
09-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I always thought that Jermaine was a class act. He was a good voice for the team, and like it or not, the guy put out a lot of himself for the franchise, city, fans, etc. He loved it all.

As for the injuries, etc., the guy just worked too hard and his body gave out too fast. It's that simple. Now is he the same player that earned that $20+ million contract? No, not close. But as most of you all said, he definitely deserved it when he got it.

It's hard to put my head around why anyone would criticize someone for being upset over losing something they genuinely loved. If Jermaine wanted to remain here, then so be it. It'd be just like any of you devout fans moving because of your job, etc., and having to be so far away from the team you love. Granted, it's on an entirely different level but I'm sure you all could relate if put in that position.

Bball
09-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Come on everybody *****ing and moaning about JO's contract has never made sense. He earned the deal and was paid his market value at the time. He didn't screw us or bamboozle us. Everyone likes to revise this, remember the other team that was pursuing JO very actively? The San Antonio Spurs. I guess they're a bunch of idiots for thinking JO was worth a max deal too? I think we'd all like to be run by the Spurs management group.

Do we know what the Spurs were willing to offer or just how interested they really were?

ChicagoJ
09-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Robinson was retiring. They thought JO might be his replacement.

And, frankly, the Spurs had a better plan to play JO alongside Duncan than the Pacers had by playing JO without Brad Miller.

Since86
09-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Sorry if I have zero sympathy for Mr. O'neal. I understand that money doesn't buy happiness, but his desire to be paid like he was helped create the mess. Him pounding his chest and being the leader helped create the mess. Him pounding his chest and demanding touches, AFTER 8 GAMES, helped create the mess.

JO not only had a finger in the bad situations, he was smack dab in the middle. He's no where near a victim.

FlavaDave
09-16-2010, 11:55 PM
I personally know people who are considerably more wealthy than O'Neal who go through plenty of misery similar to what Jermaine is describing, and much of it is often related to family and relationships. Money does not provide you from immunity from such things.

Wait, you personally know multiple people worth way more than $150 million? Wow! Are you a Simon or something? Haha...

Anthem
09-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Robinson was retiring. They thought JO might be his replacement.

And, frankly, the Spurs had a better plan to play JO alongside Duncan than the Pacers had by playing JO without Brad Miller.
Yeah, it was pretty well documented that Jermaine was offered the max by SA.

I think you're entirely right, though, Jay. Jermaine would have been much better off playing with Tim Duncan than Jeff Foster. He'd have rings, he'd have his money, and he'd have his health.

He stayed with the Pacers in part because he looked up to Reggie and wanted to be loyal to a franchise like Reggie was. And in larger part because his mentor, I.Thomas, was the Pacers coach and he didn't want to leave Zeke high and dry.

Which is why it was bush league for Donnie to sign JO and then hire Bird. There's no way Jermaine would have stuck around if Zeke had been fired first.

Bball
09-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Yeah, it was pretty well documented that Jermaine was offered the max by SA.

Didn't JO cancel his meeting with the Spurs to accept the Pacers offer? I still don't remember any leaks of other offers to JO... only that the Spurs were interested.

Edit: I'm talking numbers, not whether there were offers... or teams reportedly going to make an offer...

IndyPacer
09-17-2010, 03:26 AM
Wait, you personally know multiple people worth way more than $150 million? Wow! Are you a Simon or something? Haha...

I know one multibillionaire, actually. You'd know his name. He has very wealthy friends. Lots of them. I used to live in California and happen to know some very wealthy people.

FlavaDave
09-17-2010, 12:20 PM
I know one multibillionaire, actually. You'd know his name. He has very wealthy friends. Lots of them. I used to live in California and happen to know some very wealthy people.

Nice. Make sure he's a Pacers fan. We might need his help buying the team and keeping it in Indiana one of these days.

Jermaine_TR
03-05-2012, 12:32 PM
mr birdy shouldnt have send JO to toronto. What a wrong decision..

_The_Future_
03-05-2012, 12:36 PM

It was Jermaines decision to leave...read the article

mildlysane
I am sorry, but are you slow or something? Not only is this thread from years ago, That trade netted us RHibbert. Go away!

Doddage
Do you realize we got Roy Hibbert out of that?

Pacer Fan
03-05-2012, 12:42 PM
again,
:picard:
*sigh*

Jermaine_TR
Seriously, who the **** is hibbert? huh? or otherwise you guys comparing hibbert with JO? Pacers traded JO, he didnt want to leave pacers everyone knows that. What are you 2009 newbie or something?

Dr. Hibbert
Wow, some of you are huge jerks. I can understand some of this venom for Artest, or Tinsley. But JO? Really?

rel
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
is it Jermaine O'Neal appreciation day? Why are these threads being bumped...

mildlysane
03-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Is this reverse day or something and no one told me?! WTH is going on?

Peck
03-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Seriously, who the **** is hibbert? huh? or otherwise you guys comparing hibbert with JO? Pacers traded JO, he didnt want to leave pacers everyone knows that. What are you 2009 newbie or something?

Oh nobody other than one of the top 5 centers in the NBA. A first time all-star. A defensive anchor of our ball club. A good low post scorer. An above average passer. A very good rebounder and most importantly a great character player who has given his own tickets to form a fan section to bring life into the fieldhouse.

Other than that, nobody.

_The_Future_
03-05-2012, 12:46 PM

This guy :rolleyes:

Jermaine_TR
03-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Oh nobody other than one of the top 5 centers in the NBA. A first time all-star. A defensive anchor of our ball club. A good low post scorer. An above average passer. A very good rebounder and most importantly a great character player who has given his own tickets to form a fan section to bring life into the fieldhouse.

Other than that, nobody.

wow that stats and successes really impressed me! opposite of this, 6 time all-star guy and alltime block leader of pacers! well done fella!

HC
03-05-2012, 12:51 PM
I have tons of respect for JO, but seems like we have a troll on our hands.

mildlysane
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM
wow that stats and successes really impressed me! opposite of this, 6 time all-star guy and alltime block leader of pacers! well done fella!
What has he done since the trade, fella?

J7F
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Trolling?

I love JO as much or more than any one... But your post here is absurd...

BTW- Jermaine, himself, told me he would want to leave if Larry took over the franchise... This was obviously when Donnie was still running things...

DGPR
03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Somebody got bored and decided to start trolling it looks like.

_The_Future_
:mjpopcorn:

Sandman21

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4061/4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg

Justin Tyme
03-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Other than that, nobody.

Not to mention Hibbert isn't injured everrytime you turn around. Not to mention not having to hear year after year from JO how this year is year he'll be getting back to Allstar playing form!

k_lewis93
03-05-2012, 01:29 PM

I don't agree with him at all but I'm only 19 and I still remember Jermaine very clearly and love the guy. He obviously still likes us a ton and would love to come back and I really wish we could get him back but for the right price. He isn't worth a ton of money obviously but he is a good defensive player, loves the game, loves indiana, has a pretty decent 15 foot jumper, and most importantly is a really great guy with a good locker presence. If there was a way for us to bring him here without giving up much or anything and for cheap I would be all over it. But at the same time you don't hurt what we have now just to bring back someone who we all love just because.

Jermaine_TR
03-05-2012, 01:41 PM
I don't agree with him at all but I'm only 19 and I still remember Jermaine very clearly and love the guy. He obviously still likes us a ton and would love to come back and I really wish we could get him back but for the right price. He isn't worth a ton of money obviously but he is a good defensive player, loves the game, loves indiana, has a pretty decent 15 foot jumper, and most importantly is a really great guy with a good locker presence. If there was a way for us to bring him here without giving up much or anything and for cheap I would be all over it. But at the same time you don't hurt what we have now just to bring back someone who we all love just because.

Bro you're right, im dont hurt any player in indiana right now, i just got mad when i see those guys comparing hibbert and JO. what kinda madness is this? A guy JO who has got impressive stats when he was play for indiana. 10,483 total points(postseason+regular), 4933 total rebounds, All-Time block leader with 1245 blocks and 18,000 minutes played game. He is one of the biggest part of pacers history, he made it!

_The_Future_
03-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Bro you're right, im dont hurt any player in indiana right now, i just got mad when i see those guys comparing hibbert and JO. what kinda madness is this? A guy JO who has got impressive stats when he was play for indiana. 10,483 total points(postseason+regular), 4933 total rebounds, All-Time block leader with 1245 blocks and 18,000 minutes played game. He is one of the biggest part of pacers history, he made it!

"Made" the Pacers? You better Google the name Reginald Wayne Miller

ndcoltsnpacers
03-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Well I still want to know why we traded Dale Davis for JO. Dale Davis was a defensive and rebounding anchor for those great teams in the 90's, and JO was a bench warmer in Portland. We could have Dale freakin' Davis as our power forward right now leading us to the NBA Finals now like he did in 00'. Instead we have David West. Should've kept Reggie Miller too.

Lance George
03-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Did OlBlue find the Fountain of Youth and drive his 700-foot-long Winnebago to Turkey?

Jermaine_TR
03-05-2012, 03:38 PM
2009 newbies out please, we didnt have been watching nba since 09, b**** please..

BPump33
03-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Did OlBlue find the Fountain of Youth and drive his 700-foot-long Winnebago to Turkey?

If he did, he forgot his shades. :cool:

Powww
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
So because he makes alot of money he shouldnt have problems? Great idea

LMAO At saying he should suck it up, so if the quote was "Well it was no problem, I was making 20 million dollars a year so everything is okay, I dont care about the Pacer or basketball. I was so happy we werent winning" everyone would be happy? Please chill

J7F
03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
2009 newbies out please, we didnt have been watching nba since 09, b**** please..

???

I've been trying to figure you out... Is 2010 NBA basketball news just now hitting in Turkey?

mildlysane
03-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Obvious troll is obvious

TheDavisBrothers
03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
every time is see the word troll I think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8G2s--1zA

k_lewis93
03-05-2012, 03:57 PM

No I agree with you completely Hibbert is by far better then JO right now. I dare say if JO wouldn't have been hurt so much in his prime he would be one of the best ever but his injuries did hold him back. But no Hibbert and JO aren't even comparable. But that's why I said I would only take him back IF and ONLY IF it was the right price. Would still love to see him in that Pacers uniform just one more time though. I would be the first one to buy the first ticket to the first home game he would play for us.

Drewtone
03-05-2012, 03:59 PM

StankoLover??? Is that you???

Jermaine_TR
03-05-2012, 04:04 PM
StankoLover??? Is that you???

your daddys here, so get lost

RWB
03-05-2012, 04:04 PM

Clifford, what are you doing in Turkey? Actually JO's brother is a nice guy.

duke dynamite
03-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Someone has been living under a rock the past 5 years.

You can tout J7O's resume all you want, but the guy clearly doesn't have it left in the tank. Why would you keep someone based off numbers from the past when he clearly cannot produce at that level anymore?

This guys is a Mo-Ron.

duke dynamite
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Well I still want to know why we traded Dale Davis for JO. Dale Davis was a defensive and rebounding anchor for those great teams in the 90's, and JO was a bench warmer in Portland. We could have Dale freakin' Davis as our power forward right now leading us to the NBA Finals now like he did in 00'. Instead we have David West. Should've kept Reggie Miller too.
When DD's contract was up he was bolting.

DGPR
03-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Someone has been living under a rock the past 5 years.

You can tout J7O's resume all you want, but the guy clearly doesn't have it left in the tank. Why would you keep someone based off numbers from the past when he clearly cannot produce at that level anymore?

This guys is a Mo-Ron.

We should start dressing Larry Bird because that dude can play small forward better than anybody on the team!

/green

AesopRockOn
03-05-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/02/a-japanese-soldier-who-continued-fighting-wwii-29-years-after-the-japanese-surrendered-because-he-didnt-know/

ilive4sports
03-05-2012, 04:33 PM
every time is see the word troll I think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8G2s--1zA

I guess we are all paying the troll toll by reading this thread

Trader Joe
03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
your daddys here, so get lost

Should I fix my face?