PDA

View Full Version : Theory

Steve
08-14-2004, 07:32 AM
I think the Pacers are trying to shop Artest. However, I don't think they are finding many teams that are interested. I think too many teams are reluctant to take on the potential problems that Artest. It may be that Ron only becomes tradeable after another year in which he shows considerable improvement in his behavior and gets fewer "migraines" during playoff time.

Bball
08-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Yes, but.... if he could do that then the Pacers should keep him at that point....

-Bball

Anthem
08-14-2004, 04:28 PM
That's my hope.

Ron's improved every season, and I don't see why he can't improve again. And if he does, there's no way we trade him.

Lord Helmet
08-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Ron has inproved every season and I hope he can improve his behavior but I think he inproved it greatly last year.Please don't trade him!

Vicious Tyrant
08-14-2004, 05:07 PM
It's an interesting theory, but I think the opposite is true. Most teams are willing to gamble on extremely talented headcases (which is probably how Ron is perceived by many GMs, whether its true or not). Look how long players like Isaiah Rider kick around. Ron is DOPY, has a great contract, and his past problems were relatively manageable. That all spells desirable to me. I think the fact he's still here shows the Pacers intend to keep him.

Of course, this is not just my opinion, it is good-as-gold fact. No dispute, end of argument.;)

: Pardon, Ron is the DPOY, not "DOPY". Or is he?
[edit=501=1092517780]

Bball
08-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Let's assume the rumors are true and the Pacers would like to trade Artest. Is there any reason to push things? Is there a reason not to tread slowly and see what is offered or who bites on what? Should they be desperate in seeking a deal?

I say this only because I believe Artest has crossed the line and pushed the team too far and I don't think the fact a deal hasn't been announced yet means anything. I get the feeling some think the quasi denials and lack of action mean Artest is solidly part of next year's plans. I think you're buying into fool's gold if that is what you are thinking.

-Bball

Young
08-15-2004, 02:06 AM
This doesn't really have much to do with the topic but I just don't get what problems Artest has caused.

If managment is tired of dealing with his antics what are they. I don't believe that it is for missing a end of season interview and so on. Those things just don't make you trade a player the caliber of Rons.

It has to be something more to it. We will most likely never know though.

ROCislandWarrior
08-15-2004, 03:29 AM
The Pacers have given Ron everything he needs to be successful.

He is in a good city, plays for a good team, was shown love through the hard times, his teamates have reached out to him and I hear that Donnie likes to take care of his players.

If Ron Artest is going to be successful anywhere, it is going to be in Indiana OR New York. Oh...he isn't going to NY...not for a while atleast.