PDA

View Full Version : The new billboards are here! The new billboards are here!

MagicRat
09-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Saw a new billboard at lunchtime. I was camera-less, so no picture. I'll try to get one later.

In any event, it's a Big Roy picture on the right side with "I PROMISE" with www.pacerspromise.com (http://www.pacerspromise.com) under it on the left.

The tagline at the bottom is "Passion. Pride. New Promise."

MillerTime
09-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I love how they put George, Granger, Hibbert, Collison and Hanbrough in the background....theres no Brandon Rush...maybe he was rolling a joint

tsm612
09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Notice anything about the choice of players for that site? Collison, George, Granger, Hansbrough, and Hibbert. Is that what we can expect to be the starting lineup? I'd be fine with that, so long as Hansbrough is healthy.

Edit: MillerTime beat me to it.

Deadshot
09-09-2010, 02:09 PM
If anyone else wants to use this as a desktop, I just did a simple screencapture to grab it. It won't be the exact dimensions but you can modify it however you like:

http://www.use.com/showorig.pl?set=829d266e3c7a29b6fd6a&p=1

Day-V
09-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I wonder if the Pacers hired a new Web Designer. Their new stuff lately has looked top notch.

http://www.use.com/images/s_3/829d266e3c7a29b6fd6a.jpg
That banner with them is badass. Looks like a movie poster. I love it. (Thanks Deadshot)

Trader Joe
09-09-2010, 02:19 PM
"Passion. Pride. New Promise"

They need a tag line guy. Yuck. Talk about an awkward phrase at the end.

Brad8888
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Cute idea, but not fully developed IMO.

According to the fan quiz, I guess I am a "Rookie Fan" despite having been a season ticket holder for 10 years prior to this past year when I literally couldn't take it any longer. It is a shame that the site didn't have selections on their questions that indicated past loyalty is valued and that the team promises to reward the renewed loyalty of its former paying fan base by performing to our former expectations. Maybe some kind of rating like a "Comeback Fan of the Year candidate" status could have been added.

Also, they could have let everyone post their actual "promises" to the franchise instead of having a pulldown menu of canned responses that don't come close to covering the options adequately. Yes, there would have been a requirement to have those responses moderated, but surely the number of responses between now and the start of the season would not come close to what is moderated here on PD on a daily basis.

But, why should they change now? New fans are the key to the future success of the franchise, in their opinion, not those of us who actually endured a good portion of the disaster years as full price paying clients, and who continue to follow the team extremely closely thanks to PD and TV coverage and in the long term are likely to re-commit in the future as the full price paying clients we once were.

I likely will attend some discounted games on occasion this year, and will probably watch all of the games until such time as it becomes apparent that it is the same product on the floor with different players plugged into the system at the three (!) wing positions, the one combo guard position, and the center position (with a much improved Roy solidifying the team I hope!).

I hope to watch 82 games of the regular season and at least 5 playoff games by the Pacers, but I am by no means counting on that happening.

Sorry for the negativity.

BPump33
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
The music makes me want to run through a damn wall and I'm not even a player. Great website. I'm ready for the season to start.

I'm not trying to bring down the joy in this thread (nevermind Brad killed it, haha), but have you wondered if Danny cares at all that Roy is becoming the face of the franchise? I love Big Roy and I love Danny. I just wonder if anyone spoke with Danny about the Area 55 thing or putting Roy front and center in this campaign.

Speed
09-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Notice anything about the choice of players for that site? Collison, George, Granger, Hansbrough, and Hibbert. Is that what we can expect to be the starting lineup? I'd be fine with that, so long as Hansbrough is healthy.

It won't be the starting 5 this year, but it be who I'd want to see be the starting 5 from day one. Win or lose, honestly.

Day-V
09-09-2010, 02:27 PM
but have you wondered if Danny cares at all that Roy is becoming the face of the franchise? I love Big Roy and I love Danny. I just wonder if anyone spoke with Danny about the Area 55 thing or putting Roy front and center in this campaign.

I think Danny would understand. Roy may be a fan favorite, but it's still Danny that gets the loudest cheers on player intros, it's still Danny that makes the most money (Dunleavy excluded), and it's still Danny's team.

Love both guys. Can't wait to see both of them play this year. I must say, I'm more pumped for the Pacers this year than the Colts.

BPump33
09-09-2010, 02:32 PM
I think Danny would understand. Roy may be a fan favorite, but it's still Danny that gets the loudest cheers on player intros, it's still Danny that makes the most money (Dunleavy excluded), and it's still Danny's team.

Love both guys. Can't wait to see both of them play this year. I must say, I'm more pumped for the Pacers this year than the Colts.

I agree. I've just been worried about Danny since the draft rumors. I know there probably wasn't much to them, but the fact that Danny didn't show up to the draft party even though we all got emails specifically from "him" inviting us made me think he might have been a little p*ssed.

Maybe this is the investigator in me, but I also got a little worried when he changed his twitter picture from him in his jersey to a picture of him just wearing a black shirt. I also can't remember him saying anything about the Pacers since way back then on Twitter account. Did he say anything when we acquired DC2? Again, I'm completely overreacting and I'm aware. No need to bust out the tin foil hats.

Putnam
09-09-2010, 02:33 PM
According to the fan quiz, I guess I am a "Rookie Fan"

Me too.

BornReady
09-09-2010, 02:34 PM
The music makes me want to run through a damn wall and I'm not even a player. Great website. I'm ready for the season to start.

I'm not trying to bring down the joy in this thread (nevermind Brad killed it, haha), but have you wondered if Danny cares at all that Roy is becoming the face of the franchise? I love Big Roy and I love Danny. I just wonder if anyone spoke with Danny about the Area 55 thing or putting Roy front and center in this campaign.

you know- I thought about that too. I don't think it should be an issue though. Roy really is going the extra mile to win over fans and is succeeding. I'm in no way faulting Granger though, after all, he has been running around the world spanking opposing basketball teams :) (please don't tear me apart for this comment, this site just has me a little happy hahaha) I'm also fairly confident that Granger doesn't care about a paltry popularity contest and will instead be happy that he'll have some legitimate help this year!!!

Speed
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Me too.

Me too.

Day-V
09-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Did he say anything when we acquired DC2? Again, I'm completely overreacting and I'm aware. No need to bust out the tin foil hats.

Well, he HAS been in Europe since the Collison acquisition, I do believe. Even so, I'm sure he's heard about the deal. If anything, it sounds like he can't wait to get back home.

Plus, this is the best group of talent he's had around him since his rookie year. I'm sure he knows that if he can play at a consistent high level, this team really does have a shot at making some noise. And not only that, but we're YOUNG. We have to be one of the youngest teams in the league.

BPump33
09-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Well, he HAS been in Europe since the Collison acquisition, I do believe. Even so, I'm sure he's heard about the deal. If anything, it sounds like he can't wait to get back home.

Plus, this is the best group of talent he's had around him since his rookie year. I'm sure he knows that if he can play at a consistent high level, this team really does have a shot at making some noise. And not only that, but we're YOUNG. We have to be one of the youngest teams in the league.

He found time to mention how people stink. Just kidding, well sort of. :D

Speed
09-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Has to be frustrating for Danny to be the best player on a bad team without much hope for the future, these last couple of years. The increase in talent will help a couple of things to be decided this year and next.

1.) Can Danny be a great player on a good team? What kind of player is Danny? Is he just a scorer now? You can ask it a number of ways. This has more to do with elevating this team than it does any stats. In fact his PPG could go down with the increase in wins. (if the wins happen)

2.) Obie is on the clock. Even more than before. The increase in talent takes that excuse away.

As for Roy's leadership, it's not contrived or something he's stealing from Danny, imo, it's just who he is. It's how Roy rolls. It just is.

Day-V
09-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I actually think Roy is becoming more of a leader than Danny. Just seems natural to Roy.

BPump33
09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
I actually think Roy is becoming more of a leader than Danny. Just seems natural to Roy.

I agree. Roy is a 7'2" cheerleader when he's on the bench and the most passionate player we have when he's on the court. You absolutely need a guy like that. We had a much smaller version the year D. Armstrong was here, but we haven't seen that kind of passion since. Well, outside of Danny's tooth incident.

Psyren
09-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Just made my promise! I am so stoked for this season

Trophy
09-09-2010, 03:01 PM
The future!

Psyren
09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
BTW. after making your promise, be sure to check your email.

They provide you with a wallpaper of those 5 with your name in the middle of it that looks pretty sweet.

Just thought I'd point this out to anyone who didn't notice they send you that.

Day-V
09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
BTW. after making your promise, be sure to check your email.

They provide you with a wallpaper of those 5 with your name in the middle of it that looks pretty sweet.

Just thought I'd point this out to anyone who didn't notice they send you that.

For those that do it, you may notice when you click to download it, it comes up as an error. They just ****ed up the URL. They put a + sign in the "pacerspromise.com" part. Just delete that and it should work.

ChristianDudley
09-09-2010, 03:15 PM
New Promise?? What was the Old Promise?? Was it the 3-year plan?

Hicks
09-09-2010, 03:21 PM
That music sounds like (and I mean this in a good way) a ripoff of Batman Begins/The Dark Knight.

Given that I really like the music from those movies, it works for me!

They should consider this for their opening introductions music this year.

pizza guy
09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Looks great. Interesting that Roy is front and center in the picture, but it also looks like they're lined up by size -- small, medium, big, medium, small.

What is evident and really without question, is that those 5 are who TPTB are pinning the hopes on. That's our future. It's no mistake that Rush was left off, or Dunleavy even though they are more experienced and proven than guys like George and Hans. The 5 in that picture are the collective face of the franchise, and Bird knows that he's got those five to market, to play, to produce, and to take this team back where it belongs.

--pizza

Unclebuck
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
makes sense that they would market Granger, Roy and Tyler. IMo those were the three most popular players last season even with Tyler getting so few minutes. (Jeff Foster might be as popular as anyone, but he is old and injured)

I expect Collison to be very popular especially to start, so I understand why he is there.

I wonder how hard of a decision it was to include George vs either soemone else or just going with the other 4.

Day-V
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
They should consider this for their opening introductions music this year.

I always was a fan of the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" intros from the 90's, and even the Thunderstruck/Let's Go Mix from the early 2000's, and I'm not even that big a fan of rap. Last year's intro was pretty cool, as well.

vapacersfan
09-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Great, now the Pacers are telling us what kind of fan we are

(FTR, I am a "MVP" fan.)

Psyren
09-09-2010, 03:51 PM
New Promise?? What was the Old Promise?? Was it the 3-year plan?
"We will protect the promise of playing Pacers basketball. We're going to hustle. We're going to dive. We're going to play to win and give our fans a memorable experience every game. We are a part of the Indiana community and we're going to Protect the Promise. "

luis3ep
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
MVP fan reporting in.

feels good man.

pacerDU
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure if they've meant the design to suggest Roy is the main guy. I think it's just based on position - SG, SF, C, PF, PG. The center is well - in the center.

I'd love to see this lineup too. Of course we haven't really seen enough of George to know if he's ready to start and we don't yet know if Tyler is healthy, but this is definitely the perceived future of the franchise. And I'm personally pretty happy with it.

MagicRat
09-09-2010, 10:43 PM
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/roypromisebillboard.jpg

Naptown_Seth
09-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry for the negativity.
No need to apologize. My issue is that they had a promise theme the year of the Club Rio fiasco too, and that just makes repeating it sound that much more hollow.

We really, really, really mean it this time, except for Lance...and Brandon, but probably no others and seriously we mean it as long as you ignore the W-L record and the coaching and the lack of player development or apparent growth as a franchise.

Look, they have to say something and there isn't much lipstick you can put on the pig at this point that we haven't seen before, so in that way I am sympathetic.

But at the same time I'm like Brad and didn't renew this year, specifically for 1 reason only - the coach. Money I got, desire no problem, stomach for losing while kids learn to play is solid iron, and I don't even care about the "image problems" very much.

I'm THRILLED that they've recognized Roy as a key figure for fan connectivity. I'm glad that they've dumped that Bird/JOB and no players crap they pulled a few years back.

But maybe replace "I Promise" with "Just Win" at this point. We are long past the point of promising to work hard and be a good citizen, and those promises don't really carry much value anyway.

To me "I promise" is just very passive and weak. I know Roy is a good guy, what I want from the team between the lines for 48 minutes now is more akin to BLOODLUST than scout's honor.

imawhat
09-09-2010, 11:26 PM
A Danny Granger billboard that says "defense" would be nice.

PaceBalls
09-09-2010, 11:36 PM
That is so awesome they got Roy as the front and center guy. Now if we can just get a coach who gets that too... Or maybe this is the season Jim gets it! __________fill in snide remark about the coach.

Danny is the man, and I think it is good he takes the veteran leader role to back up Roy. Because Roy really is the man, and I am going to be really pissed if we see Jim starting X over Roy because of matchup issues. I'm at the point where I want to see slog ball, JO style, with Roy this year.

JonnyB83
09-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Why does PG's jersey look ribbed???

Day-V
09-10-2010, 02:11 AM

THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that.

cdash
09-10-2010, 03:15 AM
THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that.

I noticed it too, was just gonna post the same question.

I actually like this. I love this:http://www.use.com/images/s_3/829d266e3c7a29b6fd6a.jpg

I wouldn't be upset if this were our starting five at the beginning of the season.

Psyren
09-10-2010, 03:17 AM

I actually like this. I love this:http://www.use.com/images/s_3/829d266e3c7a29b6fd6a.jpg

I wouldn't be upset if this were our starting five at the beginning of the season.
It could be if the vertigo from Tyler's ear infection would ever go away :rolleyes:

BPump33
09-10-2010, 08:21 AM

For her pleasure?

Trophy
09-10-2010, 08:34 AM

I noticed that too.

They probably Photoshopped it.

Speed
09-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I've heard from a few 'casual' fans and the comment has been, why is Roy out front and not Danny? and Do you think Danny is disappointed? It is interesting.

I'm all for it, as a die hard fan who pays close attention, but for the general public, this is probably surprising.

MagicRat
09-10-2010, 09:38 AM
N
But at the same time I'm like Brad and didn't renew this year, specifically for 1 reason only - the coach.

You're totally committed to hating Jim O'Brien ó at a level thatís downright scary.

MagicRat
09-10-2010, 10:01 AM
The new Roy billboard is now my second favorite ever, behind this one:
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/kbandgbillboard.jpg

Or maybe third behind this one:
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/images/joseonegoal.jpg

Brad8888
09-10-2010, 10:24 AM
You're totally committed to hating Jim O'Brien ó at a level thatís downright scary.

Seth is not alone in that sentiment.

That is the reason I gave the last rep I talked to with the Pacers at renewal time this past season.

He asked what my main problem with the franchise is, and I told him that I did not feel, barring acquisition of elite talent that could overcome the team's poor coaching and leadership, that I could justify paying full price for tickets that others would be receiving at a discount due to the team not being successful and that I did not feel the team would be able to be successful, despite having more talent than its poor showings have indicated, due to having a poorly conceived strategy that doesn't fit the talent available. He then asked what I felt needed to change, and I said the coach needs to go. His response was "So, you won't buy season tickets until O'Brien is gone?" and my response was "No, I won't buy season tickets until O'Brien is gone. I will probably come to some games at a deeply discounted prices like everybody else who had not committed to season tickets got for the last couple of years to games of my choice instead of feeling guilty for having spent two to three times as much for tickets I could not even give away to friends and family." It didn't seem to surprise him.

I have only heard from other reps by phone a couple of times since, and I can't say I blame them.

duke dynamite
09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
What in the Hell is an "MVP fan"?

Also, I like the new billboards, etc. It would make it better if the Pittsburgh Pirates didn't rip-off our slogan, however.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/pit/images/fan_forum/wallpapers_2008/640x480_pppp.jpg

Doddage
09-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I suppose the Pacers can't make promises that they might not be able to keep.

PacersAllDay
09-10-2010, 10:53 AM
We could be reading into Roy being in the middle too much. I mean a 7'2 guy is going to look out of place anywhere else. Plus the set up is symmetrical: G F C F G

JonnyB83
09-10-2010, 11:49 AM
For her pleasure?

Well played sir, well played

pacer4ever
09-10-2010, 01:14 PM

ya amazin

MyFavMartin
09-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Danny strikes me as the type of guy that has always put winning ahead of being the man with the Pacers. He's one guy and it takes a team to win... He's been the focus of opposing team's defensive schemes and I am sure has been wanting to get some talent around him to help win.

I'm sure he's disappointed to see some of his buds go (Jack, I'm sure was one) and understands it's a business.

In Indiana, one really needs to market the team and not a player as a lot of complaints about the NBA game is just that.

This team is still in transition and there's been much roster flux. In the next year, we'll be experiencing potentially the turnover of TJ Ford and JOB, a new CBA, loss of Dunleavy and maybe the retirement of Jeff. BRush has been mentioned in trade rumors countless times and hasn't done anything to remove him from the block. Solo's gone, McBob might go somewhere else... Lance might be cut or traded or the court issue might lead to such... and Posey will be gone after next year. Add in next year's FA period for signing some more talent or taking on contracts and talent, the development of PG, figuring out Rolle's roster spot, and next year's draft picks (one 1st rounder and one 2nd rounder)...

As to the Collison pickup, Danny's quoted as saying "Me and Collison can be a lot of years in Indiana together" by hoopshype, so I'm sure he's seeing the talent with DC2 and a bright future (finally) with this team transitioning through Larry's 3 year plan.

Hopefully Tyler gets healthy and those 5 stand to be a very good core to go forward and add to the next couple of years.

Day-V
09-10-2010, 03:06 PM

False Advertising is illegal in the United States.

beezer615
09-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Don't know about as a media face, but nothing but great things can happen for Granger with Hibbert becoming a dominant focus on the court. Will open things up for him on the perimeter if Hibbert is forcing double teams in the post. Getting him more out in the media is a good step, along with all the Walton training he's been doing. If no one knows who you are, they don't necessarily need to take you into account during the game.

Kegboy
09-10-2010, 06:21 PM
The new Roy billboard is now my second favorite ever, behind this one:
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/kbandgbillboard.jpg

Hey, I'm actually going to watch this year, does that count?

Well, I'm gonna try and watch. Depends on how ****ing stupid our offense is this year.

[edit] Btw, I took the quiz and I'm a Rookie fan. Then I answered it like it was 6 years ago and I was an MVP.

MLB007
09-11-2010, 01:09 PM

I gotta tell ya, I get a real warm feeling when I look at that lineup.
If they mesh, and GP can play backcourt with Darren.....:eek:

Indra
09-12-2010, 04:14 AM
I also loved the reference from The Jerk. "The new phonebooks are here! The new phonebooks are here!"

Naptown_Seth
09-12-2010, 02:01 PM
A Danny Granger that plays "defense" would be nice.
Fixed :devil:

Seriously though, this part of his game has fell well off from year 1. Help defense, chasing down for blocks and such is still solid, but one on one he's not the kid that was studying under Artest.

Naptown_Seth
09-12-2010, 02:20 PM
JOB is totally committed to ruining my Pacers experience — at a level that’s downright scary.
And fixed another one.

I don't get this idea of blindly spending thousands of dollars regardless of the product. I mean I bought into half season BLR level tickets last year, so I'd say I was a large step ahead of most of PD in showing commitment to the team in spite of JOB returning as coach.

So because I didn't renew this year after seeing 3 years of the same crap I'm somehow reaching a scary level of hatred??

The chef sucks, so no matter how much I like the waiters and the ambiance I'm just not into buying dinner there anymore. It's not really scary or complicated.

In fact there is an overwhelming level of support for my point of view running through this thread which is this: I WANTED MORE HIBBERT, JOB WANTED LESS HIBBERT.

So now we feature him on a billboard and everyone loves it. Sorry, but that sides with my POV, not JOB's. JOB needed to recognize this 2 years ago when the hardcore fanbase did.

My anger is not irrational at all. Tell me how you feel about the Pacers billboard featuring Rasho Nesterovic. 1200 minutes vs 1000 minutes. Minutes in the final game of the season for Rasho when you should be featuring your future ticket selling players instead.

Talk is cheap, actions do the talking, and JOB has shouted out his feelings about Roy and general player development for years. He's been against it right when the team needed to be focused on nothing but player development.

I mean someone just mentioned how casual fans don't get why Roy is featured instead of Danny. Who's fault is that? The guy who hasn't been featuring him, developing him, and supporting him.

And yes, this also applies to McRoberts, Rush and Price. We all know the comments.

In fact why not have a billboard with Josh's face and a giant "IRRELEVANT" across it. That would be far more truthful advertising. Maybe one with Price that says "We liked what we saw so we benched him".

I'm not really trying to ruin the thread though I realize it comes off that way. I'm just expressing the frustration of being asked to get all fired up for a sales pitch that's ultimately selling the same old product. The ONLY reason I was going to games last year was to see Roy, Price, Rush, Danny and Josh.

It's just tough for me to buy that the strategic approach is going to be any different this year than it has been the last 3 (plus matching the style and rep of his previous coaching stops), except where Bird has outright forced it to change.

MLB007
09-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Fixed :devil:

Seriously though, this part of his game has fell well off from year 1. Help defense, chasing down for blocks and such is still solid, but one on one he's not the kid that was studying under Artest.

Just as with Artest, you can't excel at both at the same time.
Just takes too much energy.
When Ron tried to become a scorer his defense suffered a lot too.
If we get the balanced scoring that this lineup COULD have, then I expect a lot more effort on defense.

MLB007
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
And fixed another one.

I don't get this idea of blindly spending thousands of dollars regardless of the product. I mean I bought into half season BLR level tickets last year, so I'd say I was a large step ahead of most of PD in showing commitment to the team in spite of JOB returning as coach.

So because I didn't renew this year after seeing 3 years of the same crap I'm somehow reaching a scary level of hatred??

The chef sucks, so no matter how much I like the waiters and the ambiance I'm just not into buying dinner there anymore. It's not really scary or complicated.

In fact there is an overwhelming level of support for my point of view running through this thread which is this: I WANTED MORE HIBBERT, JOB WANTED LESS HIBBERT.

So now we feature him on a billboard and everyone loves it. Sorry, but that sides with my POV, not JOB's. JOB needed to recognize this 2 years ago when the hardcore fanbase did.

My anger is not irrational at all. Tell me how you feel about the Pacers billboard featuring Rasho Nesterovic. 1200 minutes vs 1000 minutes. Minutes in the final game of the season for Rasho when you should be featuring your future ticket selling players instead.

Talk is cheap, actions do the talking, and JOB has shouted out his feelings about Roy and general player development for years. He's been against it right when the team needed to be focused on nothing but player development.

I mean someone just mentioned how casual fans don't get why Roy is featured instead of Danny. Who's fault is that? The guy who hasn't been featuring him, developing him, and supporting him.

And yes, this also applies to McRoberts, Rush and Price. We all know the comments.

In fact why not have a billboard with Josh's face and a giant "IRRELEVANT" across it. That would be far more truthful advertising. Maybe one with Price that says "We liked what we saw so we benched him".

I'm not really trying to ruin the thread though I realize it comes off that way. I'm just expressing the frustration of being asked to get all fired up for a sales pitch that's ultimately selling the same old product. The ONLY reason I was going to games last year was to see Roy, Price, Rush, Danny and Josh.

It's just tough for me to buy that the strategic approach is going to be any different this year than it has been the last 3 (plus matching the style and rep of his previous coaching stops), except where Bird has outright forced it to change.

Roy got the minutes when he did what his coach has been preaching since day 1.
Be decisive with the ball and efficient when shooting it. Some defensive demands as well.
When he got better, and started doing those things regularly, he had more success.
And played a lot more.
Sounds like the coaching created a better player that is now staying on the floor and being a threat.
hmmmmmmmmmm

31andonly
09-12-2010, 03:54 PM
And fixed another one.

Well, I'm very optimistic about this year and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season. I didn't watch a single game last season, just read the recaps, the forum and checked the box scores.

I'm gonna get League Pass again because I think O'Brien is slowly running out of the Earl Watsons, Murphys or Flip Murrays that take away precious minutes of the young guys on this roster, so imo this is the season, he HAS to play the guys we want to see.

However, I truly understand your anger and if I lived in Indiana, bought season tickets year after year after getting hyped by the Pacers PR department with slogans like Passion, Pride, Whatever just to get disappointed by another Rasho-Murphy-35 minute-performance, I wouldn't react any different than you.

MagicRat
09-12-2010, 07:06 PM
If you really would've fixed it you would've changed committed to dedicated.......

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/139/dedicated768ib9.jpg

aceace
09-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Winning will bring the fans back. It's that simple. Don't think too much about it if the seats are still somewhat empty at season start. The economy still sucks.

Brad8888
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
If you really would've fixed it you would've changed committed to dedicated.......

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/139/dedicated768ib9.jpg

Awesome shot. O'Brien with his back turned towards us as fans and a long, long way from the court where the games are played. But, at least he is looking at the court. Perhaps he should take time off and view a game or two from that spot so that he might view the game with a different, more realistic perspective.

Also, shouldn't the quote be "I'm totally dedicated to the game of basketball being played the exact same way, no matter who is available to play--at a level that is downright scary."?

Day-V
09-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Awesome shot. O'Brien with his back turned towards us as fans and a long, long way from the court where the games are played.

Notice also that the seats are completely empty.

Sookie
09-13-2010, 01:22 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

To be fair though, this year, Bird has seemed to get rid of a majority of JOB's crutches.

Murphy's gone. Which gives room for Hans and Josh. TJ's in the doghouse, (and probably will not be on the team) allowing Collison and Price to play.

I mean, Dunn and Foster could potentially be a problem, but even still, those two can only play so many minutes. And at this point Roy's gotta be getting close to vet territory. And I know he can shoot threes better than Foster, so he'll get his minutes.

MagicRat
09-13-2010, 01:35 PM
From this morning's Indianapolis Star......
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/dannyad2.jpg