To:
Invalid email address
Add a personal message: Your e-mail:
Invalid email address
Sending your article
Your article has been sent.

brady_crash_090910.jpg

Reader photo

Brady's Audi was damaged after the crash.

By Milton Valencia, and Martin Finucane, Globe Staff

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was involved a car crash this morning in Boston's Back Bay section, but he was not hospitalized, the team said this morning.

"Patriots QB Tom Brady was in a car accident this morning. He was not hospitalized and is expected at Gillette Stadium today," the team said in an official Tweet.
Related
Photos: Tom Brady through the years
Photos: Tom Brady through the years

A sedan and a passenger van collided at 6:34 a.m. at Commonwealth Avenue and Gloucester Street, said Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald.

The driver of the sedan was able to get out and was walking around after the crash. A man was stuck in the back of the passenger van and had to be removed with the Jaws of Life, then transported to an area hospital, MacDonald said. He said the traffic light was hit during the accident and Boston police are investigating.

A law enforcement source said the man driving the sedan was Brady. The unconscious passenger in the van was transported to Brigham and Women's Hospital, police said.

One witness told reporters that Brady was traveling east on Gloucester Street and had a green light at Commonwealth when the minivan, traveling on Commonwealth, went through a red light and the two vehicles collided.

Neighborhood resident Bill Barron said he heard a sound like thunder and looked out his window to see the accident.

"I thought it was a college student who had taken his dad's car and got into an accident," he said.

He said Brady seemed a little shaken and was dusting glass off himself.

He said the man extricated from the van appeared to be conscious by the time he was taken into the ambulance.

Hanna LeStrange, who was staying at a friend's house across the green, said she heard the boom, and went over to the scene.

"It was just really high-impact, you could tell. The front of the Audi was off," she said.

"He was sort of bent over, looked completely shaken up. He got up and just started wiping his jeans," she said.

Another witness who came across the aftermath of the crash said Brady emerged from his Audi sedan and "looked a little shook up, shaking his hands." Brady went into an ambulance and a few minutes later was picked up by someone in a Jeep Cherokee and drove off.

"It took us a few minutes to realize it was him," said the witness, who declined to be identified.

The crash comes as the Patriots are gearing up for their season opener on Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals. The Globe reported earlier this week that Brady and the Patriots were trying to iron out a multi-year contract extension.

Mike Bello of the Globe staff contributed to this report.

Basketball Fan
09-10-2010, 03:40 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/10/family-in-tom-bradys-car-accident-angry-at-media/

Family in Tom Brady's Car Accident Angry at Media

* 4Comments
* Say Something

9/10/2010 2:33 PM ET By Hal Spivack
PrintAText Size
Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

o Hal Spivack
o

A passenger from the other car in Tom Brady's car accident on Thursday, 49-year-old Rogerio Rodrigues of Fall River, Mass., is reportedly severely injured and remains in the hospital undergoing surgery on a broken back, according to a boston.com report.

Rodrigues' sister laid into the media on Friday, upset that her family is being portrayed as the cause of the accident and not being concerned for. "Why? Because we're poor, we don't have money, because Tom Brady is famous," said the sister of Rodrigues, who reportedly wants to remain unidentified to not publicize the situation further.

According to the story, Rodrigues' sister noted her brother suffered critical injuries in the accident, including a broken back that needed a series of surgeries on Thursday. He reportedly is undergoing additional surgery on Friday according to his sister.

Rogerio Rodrigues' 21-year-old son, Ludgero, was driving the family's 1997 Mercury Villager minivan on Commonwealth Avenue where he reportedly ran a red light and caused the crash at approximately 6:30 a.m (Brady's car is pictured above). The boston.com article also reported that Ludgero Rodrigues has a poor driving record, according to the Registry of Motor Vehicles.

Rogerio Rodrigues was lying in the back of the van because of a previous back condition when the crash occurred, worsening the injury at impact. His sister also noted that Ludgero, the driver, swears he did not run the red light and told police he had a green light. The sister stated that the media and authorities were siding with Brady because they identified with the star-studded celebrity.

"My brother is in very bad condition. We are upset," she noted. "Leave the family alone because we are in pain."

Brady walked away from the accident uninjured. He practiced shortly after on Thursday with the Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

Rodrigues' sister noted that Brady nor the New England Patriots reached out to her family as of early Friday morning. She was not sure if Brady or the team reached out to him at his hospital bed yet.

Read More

Slick Pinkham
09-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Ummm, the elderly lady walking her dog who first reported that the van ran the red light did not know who Tom Brady was even afterwards until the media got to her, so it is hard to believe that she was so star-struck to alter the facts.

Guepel, 74, was walking her two dogs on the same street, in the same direction as Brady, and they both had a green light.

“I looked down and saw this red car coming so fast and I kept seeing it was ok for me to cross and I said to the dogs, ‘Oh my God, he’s not stopping.’

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/sports/12002173077017/tom-brady-involved-in-2-car-accident/

simple Occam's Razor answer: a bad driver who, though he is only 21 years old, has a 4-page record or traffic citations messed up yet again.

The sister stated that the media and authorities were siding with Brady because they identified with the star-studded celebrity.

PacerDude
09-11-2010, 06:25 PM
I hope Tom's hair is OK.

travmil
09-11-2010, 08:07 PM
I hope Tom's hair is OK.

So does Mark Sanchez. And Colin Cowherd. And Skip Bayless. And the rest of Tom's harem.