PDA

View Full Version : Colts release offensive lineman Tony Ugoh

MagicRat
09-08-2010, 07:46 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20100908/SPORTS03/100908031/Colts-release-offensive-lineman-Tony-Ugoh

By Steve Ballard

The Indianapolis Colts got tired of
waiting for offensive lineman Tony Ugoh
to fulfill expectations and waived the
2007 second-round draft pick late today.

They filled the roster spot with offensive
lineman Joe Reitz (6-7, 320 pounds), a
Fishers, Ind., native and Hamilton
Southeastern grad.

Reitz was claimed off waivers from
Miami. He originally was signed as a free
agent by Baltimore out of Western
Michigan in 2008.

Ugoh lost his starting left tackle job last
season to Charlie Johnson. He was tried
at left guard in training camp but has
been slowed by an injured toe on his left
foot.

He was held out of practice today and
later labeled his situation as “day-to-
day.” Turns out, that wasn’t entirely
accurate.

speakout4
09-08-2010, 08:02 PM
They hardly ever get the #2 pick right with exception of Sanders.

Pollack
Ugoh
Fioli??
Jennings
Doss
Harstock

travmil
09-08-2010, 08:24 PM
You think Sanders is getting one right?

xBulletproof
09-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Without him, we probably have 0 Super Bowl wins. So, yes.

speakout4
09-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Notice that I said with the exception of Sanders. We should have a keeper with the #2 every year.

jeffg-body
09-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Too bad things didn't work out for him here. I wish him luck at his next destination. It doesn't matter where you get picked. When you get out-performed by another guy it is time to be waived and hopefully find another place where you can be more effective. Good luck Mr. Ugoh.

Slick Pinkham
09-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Ugoh only cost them (in trade) the 29th pick in the 2008 draft. They probably would have used that pick to take someone like Tracy Porter. Not like that would have had a significant impact on Colts' history...

SoupIsGood
09-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Ouch. Watching him his rookie season I really thought the guy had a decent career ahead of him. Man. Our OL is not very exciting.

Basketball Fan
09-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Wow I hop back online and this is what I read .... I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Psyren
09-08-2010, 11:28 PM
I love Bill Polian, but I don't understand him entirely.

He goes to criticize the O-Line after the Super Bowl and then does absolutely nothing to improve it? He made no attempt at improving it until the 4th round of the draft.

The guy is still a genius, but I just don't fully understand ripping something to shreds and then making zero attempts at fixing it.

And btw, Reitz is a joke. Hope he proves me wrong, but he's been bad thus far in his career.

Basketball Fan
09-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I love Bill Polian, but I don't understand him entirely.

He goes to criticize the O-Line after the Super Bowl and then does absolutely nothing to improve it? He made no attempt at improving it until the 4th round of the draft.

The guy is still a genius, but I just don't fully understand ripping something to shreds and then making zero attempts at fixing it.

And btw, Reitz is a joke. Hope he proves me wrong, but he's been bad thus far in his career.

Because Bill is a d-bag