PDA

View Full Version : How about this 3 team trade?

Cactus Jax
08-13-2004, 03:38 PM
This would have to be two seperate transactions but it would clear a little bit of cap space and give the team a better center although he's old.

The Bulls trade Mutombo to the Hawks for cap space and a 2nd round pick, then the Pacers trade Pollard to the Hawks for Mutombo and the remaning cap-space.

This is a good alternative if Dampier can't be obtained, and while Mutombo wouldn't start, be would bring a big guy off the bench.

I took this idea from this article where the Bulls are looking to move Deke for just about anything, and the apparent interest in Pollard from the Hawks.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/134sd2.htm

obnoxiousmodesty
08-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Maybe its just me, but I never liked Mutombo.
Believe me, it isn't just you.

Cactus Jax
08-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Maybe its just me, but I never liked Mutombo.
Believe me, it isn't just you.

I'm not the biggest fan of Mutombo (especially now), but even now, he's 10 times better than what Pollard did last season, and plus the team gets a little bit of cap space, in which the MLE and/or veterans minimum can be used without going over the luxury tax.

Hicks
08-13-2004, 06:22 PM
If it's a choice between Pollard and Deke, I'm taking Mt. Mutumbo any day.

MSA2CF
08-13-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't know the figures, but I'm not sure that the Simons would accept acquiring Mutombo's large contract. I'm pretty sure we'd be over the cap then, but I don't know for sure.

Hicks
08-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Most of Mutumbo's contract is being eaten up by NJ, so we won't have to pay much.

wintermute
08-14-2004, 02:36 AM
mutombo actually has a $5M expiring contract, i think he matches pollard's contract well enough to trade straight up. his deal with nj has already been bought out, so that doesn't factor in.