PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest pulled over by cops and....well just check out what he was driving

makaveli
09-08-2010, 10:04 AM
I thought this was funny as hell...Check out his ride. Only Ron.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/06/ron-artest-los-angeles-lakers-car-ticket-chp-eagle-roadster-photo-picture/

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/09/07/0907-ron-artest-ex-tmz.jpg

Ron Artest was stopped dead in his tracks -- after cops saw the dude rolling around L.A. in an oversized go-cart .... and realized something was wrong.

TMZ obtained this photo of the Los Angeles Lakers playoff hero getting pulled over Monday in something called an Eagle Roadster -- a custom vehicle with a top speed of 152 MPH.

Law enforcement sources tell us Artest was cited because the registration on the car was expired. But get this -- we're told the car isn't even registered to Ron ...but somebody out in Tennessee.

Ron -- who was smiling throughout the entire incident -- was eventually sent on his way ... but sources tell us cops were "very happy" he was wearing a helmet.

The Lakers should be happy too.

Unclebuck
09-08-2010, 10:07 AM
That is too funny!!!!

Old Ronnie. That picture is priceless

rel
09-08-2010, 10:19 AM
can't take the 'indy' out of a guy

Eindar
09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
IRon -- who was smiling throughout the entire incident -- was eventually sent on his way ... but sources tell us cops were "very happy" he was wearing a helmet.

The Lakers should be happy too.

I think Ron would say that not wearing a helmet is something only a crazy person would do.

Tom White
09-08-2010, 10:35 AM
That is one cool set of wheels he is driving.

I want one of those. Man, that is too cool.

Kid Minneapolis
09-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Wow, Ron Artest is in the news, never thought I'd see the day.

beast23
09-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Looks like fun to me.

For anyone that wants an experience in high performance autos, I would recommend checking out the Autobahn Experience in Joliet, IL. I did this a couple of weeks ago and was able to run a Lexus ISF (416hp) through a slalom course several times, along with driving a Mercedes E53AMG (490hp) and E63AMG (518hp), an Audi S4 (333hp) and S5 (354hp) and a Caddy CTS-V (556hp) through the 1.6 mile Autobahn course.

This experience has caused me to totally rearrange my wish list with respect to autos.

Duuglas
09-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Looks like fun to me.

For anyone that wants an experience in high performance autos, I would recommend checking out the Autobahn Experience in Joliet, IL. I did this a couple of weeks ago and was able to run a Lexus ISF (416hp) through a slalom course several times, along with driving a Mercedes E53AMG (490hp) and E63AMG (518hp), an Audi S4 (333hp) and S5 (354hp) and a Caddy CTS-V (556hp) through the 1.6 mile Autobahn course.

This experience has caused me to totally rearrange my wish list with respect to autos.

That place is AWESOME.

MyFavMartin
09-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I think Ron would say that not wearing a helmet is something only a crazy person would do.

:laugh:

Not sure a helmet is doing anything of functional significance for Mr. Artest.

ChicagoJ
09-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Great thread, great picture, great comments.

:lol:

CableKC
09-08-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm too lazy to find out....but is this legit?

As in, yes...real picture....and not some stunt....as opposed to Artest really driving that Indy Sports car on the road in LA.

Kstat
09-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Ron Artest is my hero. What other human being woudl even try this?

JonnyB83
09-08-2010, 12:37 PM
This, made my day. Gotta love Ronnie. I still have a soft spot for him anyways

Major Cold
09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
helmet or not, riding in that death trap is harmful and the Lakers should be able to vo8d his contract

CableKC
09-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Is it legal to drive an Indy Sports Car on the Road like that?

MagicRat
09-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Is it legal to drive an Indy Sports Car on the Road like that?

Custom street-legal roadsters....

http://www.eagleroadster.com/

NuffSaid
09-08-2010, 07:12 PM
can't take the 'indy' out of a guy
You beat me to it. :p Gotta love to hate the guy. Just when you think there's no way you can like anything he does he goes and pulls a playful stunt like this. :p

beast23
09-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Is it legal to drive an Indy Sports Car on the Road like that?I think it probably is, depending on the setup of the car and whether they meet whatever standards the state has in place.

I'm just saying that from what I saw a few weeks ago in Castleton. I was on 86th street behind the mall, in a a turn lane ready to make a left hand turn to go into Costco. While waiting for the light to change, one of the Indy trainer cars, the kind with a passenger and a driver riding in tandem, one behind the other, zips across the intersection from Castle Creek into Castleton mall. It's one of those occassions wehre you suddenly think "What the hell? Did I just see what I thought I saw?"

I looked into the parking lot and noticed that there were 3 or 4 of the cars. I found out later that they were providing joy rides to those willing to pay in order to raise funds for a charity.

I figure they wouldn't have been driving them out on the streets unless it was legal or at least unless they received some sort of pre-approval.

BKK
09-09-2010, 04:32 AM
soooooo funny :D

BBQ
09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
helmet or not, riding in that death trap is harmful and the Lakers should be able to vo8d his contract

Ouch, why the super bright green? :confused:

QuickRelease
09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Ouch, why the super bright green? :confused:Green font denotes sarcasm.

Stryder
09-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Looks like fun to me.

How'd you like the CTS-V? That is a very nice machine.

Naptown_Seth
09-09-2010, 11:20 PM
When you aren't trapped in the cage with them polar bears are lots of fun.

beast23
09-10-2010, 05:19 PM
How'd you like the CTS-V? That is a very nice machine.The CTS-V was my least favorite of all the cars. It was the best accelerator in the autobahn straights, along with the E53AMG. But it was an absolute pig in the corners compared to all other cars.

All cars had high tech engines that would not allow you to red-line the tach when in automatic drive mode. The engines would cut out the throttle or would shut down a couple of the cylinders to cut you back a bit. The CTS-V is the only auto whose engineering would actually enable you to hit the red-line and shut down. All other cars just kept accelerating until you had to touch the brake going into the next turn... not exactly a racers dream.

I am 6-1 but have most of my height in my torso. I didn't have enough head room in the car, and my helmit kept bouncing around inside the sunroof trim.

I am a Caddy man and have owned three. But I would not buy a CTS-V. Even ignoring performance factores, ergonomically, it just didn't work for me.