PDA

View Full Version : Dish Network Help!

2minutes twowa
09-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I hope someone can help me. I signed up for Dish Network this year specifically so I can watch the Pacers. I haven't had any type of cable or dish for about 5 years, but really want to watch this new young team. I signed up with Dish because it was the best deal. My dad has dish and was able to watch all the Pacers games on an alternate sports channel since FSN Midwest was not on his package. I signed up for the cheapest package called Americas top 120. Will I be able to see the Pacers games or do I have to upgrade to a more expensive package? Thanks for your help guys!

Hicks
09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I believe you will. www.dishnetwork.com implies that under the top 120 plan, FSN Midwest (now FSIndiana) is part of our local sports.

Noodle
09-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Seriously, not trying to be funny or rude, but why don't you ask your dad what he's got.

Mark
09-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm at Purdue for the school year now, but I have dish network at home in Indianapolis. Whatever cheap package my parents have from dish network doesn't get FSN. It's pretty frustrating.

This isn't to say that your package won't. Just letting you know what my experience was.

Professor S
09-07-2010, 09:01 AM
This is actually an excellent question for Dish Network users. I recently signed up for Dish as well, foolishly not checking the channel lineup, and I just realized this weekend that FSN doesn't appear to be an available choice for me. I don't want to miss Pacer games if at all possible so if anyone who has experience with Dish could let me know how to get FSN or on what channel games will be available, that would be greatly appreciated.

MLB007
09-07-2010, 09:10 AM
It's been a year and a half, but when I had Dish you had to add an optional sports package for $10 a month during the season to get the Pacers. You can drop it after the season is over which is what I did. FWIW

Professor S
09-07-2010, 09:41 AM
It's been a year and a half, but when I had Dish you had to add an optional sports package for $10 a month during the season to get the Pacers. You can drop it after the season is over which is what I did. FWIW

Still sifting through the deals, but it appears with the Multi Sports Package you can get Fox Sports Midwest which carries the Pacers games for $7 a month, and also with that you get the NFL Red Zone channel, which is a must have for football aficionados anyhow. Gonna sign up this week, and will report back.

DGPR
09-07-2010, 10:37 AM
When I signed up for U-Verse, one of the questions I asked was what package I needed in order to watch FS-Indiana and my Pacers. The guy then went on to criticize me for being a Pacer fan, and him being from Ohio, telling me he was a Cavs fan and how they were the greatest team ever.

trey
09-07-2010, 11:01 AM
When I signed up for U-Verse, one of the questions I asked was what package I needed in order to watch FS-Indiana and my Pacers. The guy then went on to criticize me for being a Pacer fan, and him being from Ohio, telling me he was a Cavs fan and how they were the greatest team ever.

LOL that is classic :D

DGPR
09-07-2010, 11:13 AM
LOL that is classic :D

I wonder if that same guy is still a Cavs fan or if he jumped off the bandwagon like the rest of their "fans".

luis3ep
09-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Pacers games arent on a specific channel on DISH.. on gameday they appear on around channel 444 or those special sports channels.

- Dish Network user

Professor S
09-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Pacers games arent on a specific channel on DISH.. on gameday they appear on around channel 444 or those special sports channels.

- Dish Network user

Thanks. Very useful info.

MyFavMartin
09-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Warning: Dishnetwork customer service sucks.

MLB007
09-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Warning: Dishnetwork customer service sucks.

But the product is good and their DVR and hardware the best.
(why doesn't anyone else have a HD DVR that controls 2 tvs?)

aero
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Directv has that

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/directv/technology/wholehome

Noodle
09-07-2010, 09:17 PM

Yeah that's why I quit my job there because of all those happy campers who made me so happy to work for them. Don't be fooled. DirecTV has far superior equipment, service and programming. Your HD DVR only gives you HD in the location of the reciever. DirecTV has whole room systems that communicate DVR recordings with other HD recievers in the home allowing you to watch HD recordings in, imagine this, HD.

grace
09-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Personally I had terrible DirecTv customer service. I've had Dish for a few months. I like it just fine except I miss my TiVo. I find that people who think their DVR is wonderful has never had a TiVo before.

MLB007
09-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah that's why I quit my job there because of all those happy campers who made me so happy to work for them. Don't be fooled. DirecTV has far superior equipment, service and programming. Your HD DVR only gives you HD in the location of the reciever. DirecTV has whole room systems that communicate DVR recordings with other HD recievers in the home allowing you to watch HD recordings in, imagine this, HD.

That's brand new. They didn't have it 2 years ago when Dish had there's.
I compared programming, DISH was better for the prices.
Service I'll take your word on. But you should realize that with a DISCRETIONARY but EXPENSIVE service like cable tv, *****ing customers is part of the deal.
Given that you are dealing with tons of small, local contractors would seem likely to make that worse.
Bottom line for ME, service is a tiny little piece of the picture that I really don't care much about.

MLB007
09-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Directv has that

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/directv/technology/wholehome

3-4 years after Dish.