PDA

View Full Version : Jets and Revis agree to new contract.

DrBadd01
09-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Per ESPN, http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5538132

Can't wait for the season to begin now. . . this very well could be our year!!!

Day-V
09-06-2010, 01:13 AM
I wonder what Sanchez's TD-INT ratio is going to be. I'll wager about .862

Slick Pinkham
09-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Cool... they have no excuses now. Let's see if they can make up for having a bottom 5 QB in a season where 2 teams are unlikely to quit and serve them up a playoff berth on a silver platter. Seems like they are counting on winning a lot of 14-10 games, and that ain't easy.

Diamond Dave
09-06-2010, 02:36 PM
While I'm no Jets fan, I'm not sure why anyone would not believe in Sanchez. I mean he was obviously a rookie last year. But I remember during the AFC championship last year saying to my buddy after watching some throws, "Okay, this guy is legit. Definitely a starting QB for them for a long time."

Coincidently I feel Revis may be one of the most overrated players in the league, and his addition will only slight improve them. I do feel the Jets as a whole will be good, but as a Colts fan who hates and respects the Patriots, I am always inclined to think they will win the AFC East.

Slick Pinkham
09-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Sanchez as a rookie:
28th in the NFL in passer rating,
28th in yards per game
23rd in total yards
24th in TDs
29th in completion percentage
2nd for most interceptions
7th for most fumbles

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Put 8 in the box and dare him to beat you. He is not even Trent Dilfer, who could avoid mistakes. He would be the worst Super Bowl QB in history, worse than Rex Grossman.

DrBadd01
09-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Sanchez as a rookie:
28th in the NFL in passer rating,
28th in yards per game
23rd in total yards
24th in TDs
29th in completion percentage
2nd for most interceptions
7th for most fumbles

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Put 8 in the box and dare him to beat you. He is not even Trent Dilfer, who could avoid mistakes. He would be the worst Super Bowl QB in history, worse than Rex Grossman.

A couple of things:

1. He was a Rookie
2. How many Rooke QB's have lead their team to the AFC Championship game?
3. Sanchise threw 20 INT's in his rookie year. Peyton Manning threw 28 in his rookie season. Last I checked there was such thing as a learning curve.
4. He has a year of experience and is a hard worker. . . he will figure things out. Besides with Edwards, Cotchery, Holmes, and Keller as his recievers, Shonn Green and LT as his RB's, and the best O line in the league he should be fine.
5. Add to this the best Defense in the league and it should be a very fun year!!!

Psyren
09-06-2010, 05:59 PM
As stated earlier, I'm just interested to see if the Jets can actually make it without other teams handing them playoff berths.

They should have already thanked the Colts for last years berth. You can bet the Colts won't just hand it over this year.

Jets fans seem to expect a 12-14 win season. That's just from reading Jets forums, blogs, etc. It's not aimed at anyone in particular. I'm all for optimism, but seriously? They're not that great. Revis does make the Jets a 14 win team in any way, nor does anyone on that team.

Lord Helmet
09-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Jets already won the Super Bowl.

19-0. Rex Ryan, COY. Revis DPOY. Sanchez MVP.

Why are we playing this year?

travmil
09-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I wish the Jets and their fans would at least find out if they can beat the Dolphins before they talk about winning the SB.

Natston
09-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I wish the Jets and their fans would at least find out if they can beat the Dolphins before they talk about winning the SB.

Exactly!, They gotta get out of their division first...

DrBadd01
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Exactly!, They gotta get out of their division first...

Don't worry. . . we will. Only reason we didn't make it to the superbowl last year was because of Kris Jenkins being out for the year.

Pig Nash
09-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Umm, and the Colts beating them, don't think Kris Jenkins would have been the big difference.

DrBadd01
09-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Umm, and the Colts beating them, don't think Kris Jenkins would have been the big difference.

Who said anything about the colts? Jenkins was injured in October of last year for the entire year. . . IF we had him the entire year we may not of even had to go through Indy (because we would of had a higher seed and the Colt could of lost along the way).

Pig Nash
09-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I know that, but I am assuming we still would have gotten to the AFC championship since we were the best team in the AFC last year.

travmil
09-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Don't worry Pig, DB forgets that if he can assume outcomes of what if scenarios, everyone else can too.

DrBadd01
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Not really. I just prefer mine to other peoples ;) All outcomes to what if scenarios aside I am looking forward to this year, and I do think that we have a chance for a change. What I don't understand is why all of the hate for the Jets and their fans. If this were the Jaguars, Texans, or Seahawks people most likely wouldn't care. Yet because its the Jets there is a wide variety of hate for Gang green's good fortune.

travmil
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
There's a difference in being confident in your chances and thinking you're already hoisting the trophy.

SoupIsGood
09-06-2010, 10:39 PM
I think they're due for a "letdown" year, especially if people are expecting 12+ wins. They're the kind of team that every NFL prognosticator always banks on the next season: young, scrappy team that made a late-season push. "Momentum" being what's supposed to carry them through. Seems like more often than not these teams have more holes than their late-season run suggested.

Slick Pinkham
09-06-2010, 11:59 PM
The Jets have a fine group of starters, but they purposefully went light on draft picks the last two years, often trading multiple picks for veterans. Injuries always happen in this league, and it's players 40-53 that often need to step up to win games for you in December, and I think it's an area where they will be short...just my opinion. They need to get off to a good start, and yet I can see a 1-2 start, maybe even 0-3, with the Ravens, Patriots, and Dolphins (in Miami) being their first 3 games. If they are 3-0 after that, I will bow down to Jobba the Coach.

Lord Helmet
09-07-2010, 01:13 AM
I have nothing against the Jets, but their dumbass coach is already proclaiming them the champions. Come on, man.

That's why people don't like you.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. The Pacers coulda beat the Jazz in '98 probably, but they didn't beat the Bulls. So who gives a damn?

I mean seriously, no one cares that if blabla wasn't hurt maybe something doesn't happen or does. If the Pacers didn't have 50% of their players hurt all year, we might have made the playoffs the past couple of years, but we didn't. Who gives a damn? Don't feed us that stuff.

DrBadd01
09-07-2010, 02:06 AM
That's why people don't like you.

Since when have I cared if people like me? I could care less what you (or most anybody) think of me. Respond to my posts or don't respond that is your choice. I do find it funny though that it took you this long to be honest about these feelings though.

Day-V
09-07-2010, 02:48 AM
What's the Over-Under on which quarter Karma and/or Poetic Justice takes control and Revis tears an ACL in Week 1? I'm gonna say the Over-Under is probably the 2nd Quarter. I'd parlay that with him giving up a Touchdown on the same play.

Where's Simmons when you need him?

Lord Helmet
09-07-2010, 03:55 AM
When I said, "that's why people don't like you" I was meaning that's why people don't have a lot of respect towards Jets fans nowadays or the Jets as a whole.

I have nothing against you, DrBadd01, FYI. I'm just saying a lot of people are sick of Rex Ryan's BS.

And I also find it funny we're talking about karma with Revis when I talked about it with Dez Bryant and I was basically made out to be a dumbass. :laugh:

Trader Joe
09-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Don't worry. . . we will. Only reason we didn't make it to the superbowl last year was because of Kris Jenkins being out for the year.

:laugh:

Awesome.

Trader Joe
09-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Who said anything about the colts? Jenkins was injured in October of last year for the entire year. . . IF we had him the entire year we may not of even had to go through Indy (because we would of had a higher seed and the Colt could of lost along the way).

I wish my farts produced cotton candy.

Since86
09-07-2010, 01:32 PM
That just ruined cotton candy for me. Thanks.

rexnom
09-07-2010, 02:54 PM
What's the Over-Under on which quarter Karma and/or Poetic Justice takes control and Revis tears an ACL in Week 1? I'm gonna say the Over-Under is probably the 2nd Quarter. I'd parlay that with him giving up a Touchdown on the same play.

Where's Simmons when you need him?
Simmons wrote an entire article supporting Revis and other holdouts.

Slick Pinkham
09-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I have nothing against you, DrBadd01, FYI. I'm just saying a lot of people are sick of Rex Ryan's BS.

Ditto.

I have nothing against Jets fans or any people having opinions and loyalty to their team. It is just hard to dispassionately hear all of Ryan's talk-talk-talk about how they are champions-in-waiting, so their team has dropped a long way in my eyes, in terms of class.

Day-V
09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Simmons wrote an entire article supporting Revis and other holdouts.

I was referring to the fact that the man loves making ridiculous yet entertaining prop bets.

And I think he would definitely be all over this bet.