PDA

View Full Version : I think roy hibbert is a pacer digest fan

gknjr007
09-04-2010, 09:31 AM
He said "I wanna thank everyone in Pacer Nation. Keep sending in those videos. And I want you guys on pacersdigest to send them in too" Check him out on twitter. His name is hoya2apacer.

McKeyFan
09-04-2010, 09:39 AM
I've always believed coaches and players frequent the site regularly.

I mean, after a certain point, there's no where else to go to get more and deeper info on the Pacers. Why wouldn't someone whose life is dedicated to Pacer ball come to PD and read the latest?

It just makes sense.

pacers74
09-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Where do you think Bird got the idea to tade for Collison?

pianoman
09-04-2010, 10:05 AM

Bird and Artest go to the same psychiatrist. She told him to do it.

Will Galen
09-04-2010, 10:45 AM

I mean, after a certain point, there's no where else to go to get more and deeper info on the Pacers. Why wouldn't someone whose life is dedicated to Pacer ball come to PD and read the latest?

It just makes sense.

I agree they might come here for the latest rumor's, and gossip, or to get a good laugh at some of our dumb posts. But why would veteran player's and coach's, etc. come here for deeper info on the Pacer's when they are insiders? They have better sources than we do unless they are new to the league.

dohman
09-04-2010, 10:57 AM
If your reading this roy please learn to dunk two handed with authority.

Thanks
Justin Dohman

MLB007
09-04-2010, 12:51 PM

It just makes sense.

Or to laugh at the ideas we espouse here. :D

McKeyFan
09-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I agree they might come here for the latest rumor's, and gossip, or to get a good laugh at some of our dumb posts. But why would veteran player's and coach's, etc. come here for deeper info on the Pacer's when they are insiders? They have better sources than we do unless they are new to the league.

A lot of reasons.

- They may want a pulse on what Pacer fans are thinking

- They may want a place to catch all of the Pacer-related stories. Just because they are "insiders" doesn't mean they know what Brandon or Danny or Foster said in an interview two hours earlier.

- They may be interested in some of the ideas proposed here related to players, schemes, trades, etc. Sure, 95 percent of it is not useful to them, but once in a while they may find something interesting that makes them scratch their heads. Everyone needs a place that stimulates their imagination.

- Lastly, and I think most importantly, I think they can learn a lot from the general, common sense wisdom that often appears on this board. The bigger issue is not breaking news, or info that TPTB is already aware of. It's how you process that information. It's what values and insights you add to it. It's what principles you believe in regarding human nature.

For example, all the commentary on here regarding how to handle Ron Ron after the brawl: that's dealing with information where Bird and the coach, etc., are not experts. The fans and TPTB basically had the same raw info to work with. They could easily learn a lot from PD regarding people's thoughts regarding how to deal with a talented, confused, bipolar nutcase.

So, anyway, there are a lot of reasons for Pacer brass and players to lurk on PD. And I think they do.

odeez
09-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Keep doing what your doing Roy. Your hard work in the offseason is going to payoff big time. It's inspiring watching you train, working with Bill Walton, and working out MMA style with Paul George. We/I love it! It's time to take over in the low post this coming season. I hope you get your touches this year, no more mixing and matching lineups, you need to be in there every night getting your shots. I believe in you Roy! I and many others here appreciate your efforts and your game. Can't wait for training camp to start.

PacersPride
09-04-2010, 01:50 PM

LMAO. ive often posted trade ideas hoping the pacers brass (LEGEND) would read the idea.

in regard to 55, cant help but love the energy, enthusiasm, and dedication he brings to the B&G!!!

Hibbs is quickly becoming one of my favorite pacers!

15th parallel
09-04-2010, 11:27 PM
I believe he has been visiting this site from time to time. He has posted a tweet thanking KennerLeague for his video posts on this thread:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=56337

rel
09-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Roy just tweeted:

Hoya2aPacer
"I do read PD from time to time. We can have an open dialogue throughout the season. Voice your concerns n stuff. Make ur voices heard."

...confirmed :)

Pacers4Life
09-05-2010, 01:28 AM
DAMN! I was like a half hour late of possibly BREAKING some news here with that last Roy hib tweet... That would have been something. He's inspiring my video I really hope to submit. Great effing guy.

El Pacero
09-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Roy just tweeted:

Hoya2aPacer
"I do read PD from time to time. We can have an open dialogue throughout the season. Voice your concerns n stuff. Make ur voices heard."

...confirmed :)

This has to be one of the coolest things that has happened to PD in my 3+ years. Roy has come alive!

IndyPacer
09-05-2010, 02:41 AM

It just makes sense.

PD provides them with insight into what hardcore, dedicated fans are thinking. For example, it would be a quick and easy means to see how season ticket holders are likely to react to a trade or a player getting arrested.

Peck
09-05-2010, 03:06 AM
Now how do we go about getting Jim O'Brien a twitter account and full access to the digest?;) I'm sure he'd love to read our thoughts as well.:D

Peck
09-05-2010, 03:09 AM
This has to be one of the coolest things that has happened to PD in my 3+ years. Roy has come alive!

Cue Magic Rat with the photo shop of "Roy comes alive" from "Frampton comes alive"

pacers74
09-05-2010, 05:14 AM
A lot of reasons.

- They may want a place to catch all of the Pacer-related stories. Just because they are "insiders" doesn't mean they know what Brandon or Danny or Foster said in an interview two hours earlier.

- They may be interested in some of the ideas proposed here related to players, schemes, trades, etc. Sure, 95 percent of it is not useful to them, but once in a while they may find something interesting that makes them scratch their heads. Everyone needs a place that stimulates their imagination.

- Lastly, and I think most importantly, I think they can learn a lot from the general, common sense wisdom that often appears on this board. The bigger issue is not breaking news, or info that TPTB is already aware of. It's how you process that information. It's what values and insights you add to it. It's what principles you believe in regarding human nature.

For example, all the commentary on here regarding how to handle Ron Ron after the brawl: that's dealing with information where Bird and the coach, etc., are not experts. The fans and TPTB basically had the same raw info to work with. They could easily learn a lot from PD regarding people's thoughts regarding how to deal with a talented, confused, bipolar nutcase.

So, anyway, there are a lot of reasons for Pacer brass and players to lurk on PD. And I think they do.

Also, if any of the players post anything relevant on twitter it seems to end up here pretty quickly.

rexnom
09-05-2010, 05:46 AM
I agree that we probably get a lot of Pacer lurkers. While I don't think anybody would or should use this board for advice, I do think it's a good way to take the temperature of the fan base.

IU_sears
09-05-2010, 10:51 AM
ROY, were you aware that your coach is actually Pauly Walnuts from The Sopranos??? Secondly, I like when you do the Dougie after a nasty dunk. Lastly, I want you to punch Joakim in the throat this season. That is all!

IU_sears needs to be in AREA 55, just saying... I would bring the FUNK after a nasty DUNK.

PS, I hope you have been working on your three point shot... OBIE needs a big to stretch the floor now that Murph is in NJ.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/profile-ak-snc1/object3/1101/44/n23758672845_3974.jpg

ksuttonjr76
09-05-2010, 01:09 PM
A lot of reasons.

I agree with all these points. I would think trade ideas would be the biggest thing. A knowledgable poster could come up with a trade idea that Pacers FO didn't even think about. Since I began a member, I love reading and participating in the conversations that occur here. Honestly, I'm surprised at the number of posts that I already made in such a short period of time.

McKeyFan
09-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't think anybody would or should use this board for advice

Why not?

As I stated before, much of the commentary is not dependent on expert knowledge, but on how to bring common sense wisdom to a particular problem. Lots of people on this board have more of that than either Bird or JOB.

Secondly, even when it comes to specific expert issues, there is enough expert commentary on here for TPTB to garner a nugget once in a while. Don't underrate the compentancy of the average man.

owl
09-05-2010, 01:45 PM
eI agree with Mckeyfan. Why do the thanks buttons not appear on the threads I am viewing sometimes? Is there a box to check?

Hicks
09-05-2010, 02:19 PM
'Thanks' only go back, I believe, a week or two. Older threads do not allow 'thanks.'

Regarding the topic of anyone from the team taking any advice from the board, it depends on what's being said obviously. Basketball isn't rocket science, and many of us have at least a good understanding of the game, and some have a great understanding of the game. It's not out of line to suggest that some ideas (particularly X and O ideas) are quite valid and could be applied by the team if they wanted to do so. It's basketball, not biochemistry.

colts19
09-05-2010, 03:24 PM
eI agree with Mckeyfan. Why do the thanks buttons not appear on the threads I am viewing sometimes? Is there a box to check?

The thanks button only appears if you are logged in. Sometimes when i use a different browser, I do not automatically log in and there is no thanks button

pizza guy
09-05-2010, 05:40 PM
'Thanks' only go back, I believe, a week or two. Older threads do not allow 'thanks.'

Regarding the topic of anyone from the team taking any advice from the board, it depends on what's being said obviously. Basketball isn't rocket science, and many of us have at least a good understanding of the game, and some have a great understanding of the game. It's not out of line to suggest that some ideas (particularly X and O ideas) are quite valid and could be applied by the team if they wanted to do so. It's basketball, not biochemistry.

Does this mean t-bird has a chance to be the next coach of the Pacers? ;)

I'd say Peck, but then we'd have a 12-man roster of Dale Davis-types, and if I picked UB, we'd have 12 Jeff Fosters. LoL

--pizza

Hicks
09-05-2010, 06:02 PM
He may not have a chance, but he's probably more ready/able to do it then some may realize. And he's not alone.