PDA

View Full Version : I Love It: Roy Hibbert announces Area 55

Hicks
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
http://pacersarea55.com/

SMosley21
09-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Roy is the man. Glad he got involved with twitter and is doing this special promotion for badass fans too.

Hicks
09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Be sure to watch the videos.

This is what Andrew Bogut did up in Milwaukee last year, and I loved it when I heard about it then. I'm very happy to see Roy bringing it to Conseco Fieldhouse.

IUfan4life
09-01-2010, 04:01 PM
yes, yes, yes

31andonly
09-01-2010, 04:16 PM
LMAO @ the music in "How to cheer"...I love this guy!

ChristianDudley
09-01-2010, 04:22 PM
yes!!!!! i'm so glad we are doing this now and I'm glad that Hibbert is the player doing it. Great move for the Pacers.

pizza guy
09-01-2010, 04:42 PM
very cool, I love the Roy Wave

TMJ31
09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Times like this I wish I lived in Indy.

CableKC
09-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Is it me....or is Roy a much better PR Front-man for the Pacers then Danny is?

He just comes across as well ( if not better ) as the type of image that the FO wants to have as the "face of the franchise". It just seems like Roy doesn't mind doing this kind of stuff....it just seems more within his "nature" to be like this in front of the camera.

ChristianDudley
09-01-2010, 05:00 PM

He just comes across as well ( if not better ) as the type of image that the FO wants to have as the "face of the franchise". It just seems like Roy doesn't mind doing this kind of stuff....it just seems more within his "nature" to be like this in front of the camera.

He's just like Dwight Howard off the court--he's a fun-loving, happy all the time, cheerful, and funny guy. Plus he hasn't ever gotten in trouble (knock on wood). He's the perfect professional sports player in terms of how they handle theirselves off the court. I'm VERY glad that we have Roy on the team.

Putnam
09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Roy got the belt away from El Pacero! But the best part was the cheesy organ.

well done. good promotion.

Roy a much better PR Front-man for the Pacers then Danny is?

I think so, too. Roy enjoys it more. But perhaps Granger still deserves to be the face of the franchise because of this:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFqQLlNJxEL24GWpm1EiGIP20Ss4B4L 9VgwVaXMyJXZxnENls&t=1&usg=__psYeGV7OlpAnCS14UFwI6Af0cMA=
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBixHQjy2nqVKva1N1rNEmyogKUuwMr ZhBSw50-xZ_6jQPtEg&t=1&usg=__yZNuOfsbL6NtMqwY0oWjoNd9K_U=

90'sNBARocked
09-01-2010, 05:01 PM

Its not just you,

The thing is personalities cant be forced. Danny to me, is just much more reserved in his demeaner

Roy his a very engaging personality, and what a class act

"Like Roy, if I could be like Roy" :)

Shade
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Gotta love Roy. :)

Also gotta love the vid of him rejecting El Pacero and taking his belt. :laugh:

TMJ31
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Actually, come to think of it... I am going to film an audition despite the fact I live in Los Angeles... Who knows, maybe the thought of a "Southern California, Laker Hating Pacers Fan" is a good PR move? ;-)

TheDon
09-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I remember either someone on the Rockets or within the organization doing something similar to this 4 or 5 years ago as well as someone said earlier Andrew Bogut doing that last year. I remember thinking how awesome that is and how amazing that would be for one of our players to do something like that. Gotta love Roy Hibbert and to think some of you guys would even mention him in trade rumors. It also gets annoying seeing the people who are down there on the lower level who could care less about the game. I hope the seats are somewhere on the lower level and it can get the crowd going.

CableKC
09-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Seriously, if one of you in Indy cannot win/get one of these seats in Area55...I will be severely disappointed.

We're on a website posting about the Pacers every single day...if not hour...if not every other minutes. How can one not classify any of us as anything other then a Die-Hard Pacer fan?

TMJ31
09-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Seriously, if one of you in Indy cannot win/get one of these seats in Area55...I will be severely disappointed.

We're on a website posting about the Pacers every single day...if not hour...if not every other minutes. How can one not classify any of us as anything other then a Die-Hard Pacer fan?

Don't let the fact you aren't in Indy dissuade you.

I am going to film an audition even though I live in California.

I figure it will be fun at the very LEAST, and if it ends up being good, who knows what may happen?

Day-V
09-01-2010, 06:54 PM
My man El Pacero got straight DENIED.

I must admit, I'm going to make one of these videos. It's going to be God awful I'm sure, but hey, I'm a broke college student who want season tickets

Shade
09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
I may make a video just because it's what I enjoy doing.

TMJ31
09-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Just read the rules...

30 second limit on videos, and Indiana residents only.

Not going to stop this Southern Californian Pacers die-hard from submitting a 3-5 minute short film comedic entry ;-)

MLB007
09-01-2010, 09:24 PM

He's a very gregarious guy. Danny is more quiet. (seems like, not like I know him)
I'm guessing both are happy with Roy's efforts. :)

Will Galen
09-01-2010, 09:51 PM

Roy's probably a better PR man because he seems more outgoing, but good or bad, the face of the franchise is nearly always the best player. I said nearly because there are exceptions, like Reggie Miller for instant.

The great thing is the Pacers have both of them! They are both cerebral, both are good players, AND nice guys.

What's more I don't believe they will have any problem coexisting. Meaning neither seems they would be jealous of the other's success. Rather I think they are big fans of the other.

I'm a big fan of both of them!

Bball
09-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Reggie Miller wasn't the best player?

RobfromPacers
09-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Glad you guys like Roy's Area 55. We will post tonight's submissions tomorrow, so be sure to check back to see the candidates.

As noted, sweepstakes rules require the 55 winners to be Indiana residents. Wish it didn't have to be that way, but that's how the rules work out. Regardless, good luck to all fans and can't wait to hear how loud Area 55 is this year.

RobfromPacers
09-01-2010, 10:42 PM
And be sure to watch the "Bonus Footage" at pacersarea55.com... we have a new Women's Wrestling Champion.

El Pacero
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
And be sure to watch the "Bonus Footage" at pacersarea55.com... we have a new Women's Wrestling Champion.

Whatever! I only wrestle women, I can't be beat by a guy! I didn't know what to do so I just laid there.

Hoping to get my audition video in tomorrow.

Your Still Undefeated Women's Wrestling Champion,

El Pacero

imawhat
09-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Magnum Rolle is a member of area 55 :).

El Pacero
09-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Magnum Rolle is a member of area 55 :).

Good eye! Magnum is super cool and really funny. He asked me if I broke into Hulk Hogan's house and stole his boots.

Roaming Gnome
09-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Where is "Area 55"? Hopefully it is right behind the basket like in Milwaukee. I know Bogut has some pretty extensive rules to be in his squad 6 at the Bradley Center like perfect attendance and no sitting during gameplay. Also, he has the ultimate clincher.... The rest of the squad can boot you if you are not fitting in, missing games and not being a team player.

I'd love to see the Pacers add to Roy's effort and get close to a whole section in on the act. I believe Bogut sprung for about 100 seats for his squad 6. I guess what I'm saying is.... I hope 55 is enough to create what is happening in Milwaukee.

Other than that.... Good going, Roy! You da man.

imawhat
09-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I love Roy Hibbert. I can't think of another Pacer I've liked as much as Roy in years. He's a true leader.

Sounds a bit silly, but it's nice to have someone to really root for. Roy's that guy, for me.

redfoster
09-02-2010, 12:14 AM
So entering this.

Maybe we can get a few of us to rep Pacers Digest.

Hicks
09-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Heck, if I knew I could make most every game this year, I'd try out for it.

cdash
09-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I remember either someone on the Rockets or within the organization doing something similar to this 4 or 5 years ago as well as someone said earlier Andrew Bogut doing that last year. I remember thinking how awesome that is and how amazing that would be for one of our players to do something like that. Gotta love Roy Hibbert and to think some of you guys would even mention him in trade rumors. It also gets annoying seeing the people who are down there on the lower level who could care less about the game. I hope the seats are somewhere on the lower level and it can get the crowd going.

The Rockets have something similar, although I don't think a specific player sponsors it. It's just a section of the crowd that dresses up and goes ape**** during the game with chants and what not. Every game I went to, they were involved in the in game promotions of some sort, so I guess there is a benefit to sitting in those sections.

For the record, I love this idea. Hibbert is a fun guy to have on the team, and we could definitely use the positive PR right now.

JonnyB83
09-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Since me and my buddy already have season tickets we're talking about making our own area 32 or area 22 up in the balcony. Any takers??

CableKC
09-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Okay...is there anyone here that is actually going to submit an entry?

As zwb said...I'd really hope that we have some PD representation there. How can there not be any representation from one of the top Pacer-related forums on the Internet?

Pacers4Life
09-02-2010, 03:07 AM

As zwb said...I'd really hope that we have some PD representation there. How can there not be any representation from one of the top Pacer-related forums on the Internet?

you mean theres more?!
I've never made a video or anything like this in my life... but i think even i can handle 30 secs of something ridiculous.
Veeeery interesting to see some of these videos. I mean we're proof that there are Pacer fans... Time to see them...

And in closing, I concur with what everyone has said about Roy prior to my post. D. All of the above

El Pacero
09-02-2010, 08:31 AM

I stayed up all night and just submitted mine. It's OK, but last minute... I wrote a song for Roy I couldn't fit in.

Honestly, I think if you submit a video (whatever the quality) you are going to have a really good chance of making Area 55.

I Love P
09-02-2010, 11:17 AM
My friend and I are making a 30 second video either Saturday or Sunday. I'm guaranteeing right now we are the finalists. We have a great skit planned up. Can't say what it is though...:censored:

TMJ31
09-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Yea, I am going to make like a 2-5 minute long video...

I am already disqualified since I live 2000 miles away :)

I figure, why not use my acting background and have some fun?

Since86
09-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Whatever! I only wrestle women, I can't be beat by a guy! I didn't know what to do so I just laid there.

Hoping to get my audition video in tomorrow.

Your Still Undefeated Women's Wrestling Champion,

El Pacero

You didn't automatically get selected? I would have figured you would have gotten tickets since they sought you out for their promo videos, and I'm assuming you don't have any ties with the organization other than a normal fan relationship.

I envisoned all the other people there either interns/workers/or friends of employees.

I would like to hear more about the shoot.

CableKC
09-02-2010, 01:49 PM
You didn't automatically get selected? I would have figured you would have gotten tickets since they sought you out for their promo videos, and I'm assuming you don't have any ties with the organization other than a normal fan relationship.

I envisoned all the other people there either interns/workers/or friends of employees.

I would like to hear more about the shoot.
That's what I assumed.....a rabid fan that goes to games in the lower bowl section that is dressed up like a Pacers WWE Wrestler should be in Area 55.

El Pacero
09-02-2010, 02:14 PM

Nope, I don't officially have a spot & have to audition like every other fan. Although Roy said on Twitter yesterday he might want me to be a judge?!? (I may have some bias towards PD videos, ha)

No real ties other than they've called me a couple times to do things cause I'm crazy. I guess Roy said he wanted "that wrestler guy" to be involved so that's what happened.

This was all Roy's idea by the way, even the Area 55 name, and he approached the Pacers about doing it. I had been talking about my "100 crazy fan" idea to a few of you on here all last season, and he is the perfect guy to do this.

So excited... now I won't feel bad standing up and cheering all game!!!

Pacers4Life
09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
^^ Thats what im sayin man. That last part. I do that anyways. It annoys people... I KNOW it. But they can shove it man

I Love P
09-02-2010, 03:42 PM
So if you make it as a finalists you have another audition in front of Roy?? What will that consist of?

Day-V
09-02-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't see how anyone can honestly go to a game and NOT dress up in Pacers gear and scream their heads off. What's the point of even going?

xBulletproof
09-02-2010, 03:58 PM
It's now down to 53 seats. Roy gave two away on the radio this morning, and I tried my *** off to get in on it.

RobfromPacers
09-02-2010, 09:10 PM
So if you make it as a finalists you have another audition in front of Roy?? What will that consist of?

If you make it as a finalist, then you will be asked to come to Conseco Fieldhouse on Sept. 13 to "perform" in front of Roy. You'll get up to 30 seconds to explain and/or show why you deserve a spot. Roy will be there and he said he is going to bring a couple guests with him.

Also, if you don't know how or don't care to submit your own video online but would like to be a part of Area 55, you can audition for a spot in the final round in front of Roy at Kroger on Wednesday, Sept. 8, from 3-7pm. He will be there, so make sure you show up and tell Roy why you deserve a spot in the final round.

Full details on the Kroger appearance are at http://pacersarea55.com/events.php.

imawhat
09-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Nope, I don't officially have a spot & have to audition like every other fan. Although Roy said on Twitter yesterday he might want me to be a judge?!? (I may have some bias towards PD videos, ha)

No real ties other than they've called me a couple times to do things cause I'm crazy. I guess Roy said he wanted "that wrestler guy" to be involved so that's what happened.

This was all Roy's idea by the way, even the Area 55 name, and he approached the Pacers about doing it. I had been talking about my "100 crazy fan" idea to a few of you on here all last season, and he is the perfect guy to do this.

So excited... now I won't feel bad standing up and cheering all game!!!

Awesome!

There's no doubt I'd audition if I were in Indy, but can't make the trips. There will be a designated area 55 at my place. My new neighbors are going to enjoy it!

I Love P
09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Down to 53?? Son of a :censored:

MagicRat
09-02-2010, 10:51 PM
http://twitter.com/Hoya2aPacer

I wanna thank everyone in Pacer Nation. Keep sending in those videos. And I want you guys on pacersdigest to send them in too.

Roy with the PD shoutout......

Diamond Dave
09-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Yeah Roy, as well as some other players in the NBA are very welcomed breath of fresh air. A far cry from the seemingly self absorbed prima donnas that dominated the league through most of the 2000's. I mean seriously could you imagine JO wearing a big goofy hat and pinning El Pacero? Hell no, in his mind he was way too cool for that.

Of course there is still some of that behavior in the league. Primarily from LBJ, such as confiscating tapes of him being dunked on or simultaneously scoffing at Fred Jones in the dunk contests that he refuses to compete in.

Roy may not be the most talented center in the league, but when it comes to people representing the Indiana Pacers he has no equal. No one with a soul could not root for Roy Hibbert.

xBulletproof
09-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I'd love to send things in, but no idea if I could make the auditions anyway. I would be perfect for this, but I think crappy scheduling will keep me from it. *sigh*

Duuglas
09-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Awesome!

There's no doubt I'd audition if I were in Indy, but can't make the trips. There will be a designated area 55 at my place. My new neighbors are going to enjoy it!

Same here! I wish I could do this too. I think this is a great way to get the players and the fans involved and really show the appreciation from both sides of the game. Well done Roy!

TMJ31
09-04-2010, 03:40 AM
Well I've just completed 1 out of about 5 planned sequences for my audition video.

It's coming in at around 4 minutes long so far... Oh well, good thing I am not eligible in the first place.

I am pretty sure you guys are all going to love it though, which is the real reason I am doing it :)

It's pretty dang funny if I do say so myself.

EDIT: Just finished the majority of the storyboards and working script for the audition video... It's running at about 1,500 words of pure Pacers comedy right now... I am seriously SOOOO excited to shoot this and show you guys!

Dun Dun Fan
09-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Inside Conseco, there are banners above the sections.

The only one I can remember is Area 55 (Hibbert's), Dahntay's Department of Defense (Jones) and Dr. Watson's Clue Crew (Watson).

What is the name of Mike Dunleavy's if anyone can remember or know what I am talking about?

By the way, this is great of Big Roy to be doing this.

MagicRat
09-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Where is "Area 55"?

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20109040362

Craziest fans can win season tickets

Posted: September 4, 2010
<!--TOTAL ELEMENTS IN ARRAY: 5
TOTAL CHARACTERS IN ARRAY: 524
TOTAL CHARACTERS IN PAGES:
LAST PAGE CONTAINS: 524
--><!--Saxotech Paragraph Count: 5
-->Roy Hibbert is giving away 55 season tickets to die-hard fans willing to be the loudest and craziest at Indiana Pacers games next season.

Fans selected for "Area 55," which is located in the Krieg DeVault Club Level, will have access to Hibbert's workouts, postgame meet-and-greets with him along with autograph sessions.

There are two ways to show your stuff: Upload your video on PacersArea55.com or audition in person from 3-7 p.m. Wednesday at the Kroger store at 1365 E. 86th St.

Hibbert will choose the winners.

Mike Wells

Young
09-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I remember when I first read that Bogut was doing this with the Bucks and I was thinking "how can every team in the league not do this!?!" I think it's a great idea.

It's great to see a Pacer involed with the fans like this. I remember back in 08 thinking that Roy would be too slow for the league only to be proven wrong. Roy keeps getting better and better on the court and off the court he seems like a great person.

KennerLeaguer
09-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I remember when I first read that Bogut was doing this with the Bucks and I was thinking "how can every team in the league not do this!?!" I think it's a great idea.

I've been thinking this before Bogut started doing this. In fact I wasn't even aware of what Bogut had going on in Milwaukee.

For ten years now I've been sick of that same canned music and artificial noise that all the NBA teams seem to share. I also wanted sections of arena devoted to TRUE fans which likely meant folks who couldn't afford to go to every game. I wanted to see live bands as well, especially in cities that are associated with a particular form of music. Phoenix and San Antonio should have mariachi musicians providing the majority of the music. New Orleans should have a jazz band, Chicago should have a blues band, Washington should allow Chuck Brown INSIDE Verizon center so he could perform go-go during timeouts, Oklahoma City should recruit country musicians, etc. New York has a dozen options. The important thing is to bring atmosphere to NBA games as well as a since of pride and community amongst the fans. Years ago I saw that documentary on Showtime about basketball in the European leagues and I became envious of the energy in the crowds for those games. The fact that Bogut wanted to bring that type of atmosphere (some would say inspired by soccer) to dull NBA arenas is understandable and smart on his part. I'm not a David Stern basher but I wish he would have come up with ideas like these.

MagicRat
09-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Another sign that Roy is dat dude......
http://chaos.able-towers.com/%7Emagicrat/roybillboard.jpg

TMJ31
09-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Alright folks!

Here is the PacersDigest sneak peak video for my Area 55 audition!

****EDIT 9/7/10****
YouTube embed removed because FULL audition tape is now online...

It would REALLY mean a ton to me to receive some feedback.

The entire film follows this similar "parody" style comedy, and it's going to be really fun!

For now, please enjoy this little clip. Don't forget to watch the video in HD (you have to click it manually most of the time)... it looks MUCH better if you do.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!

Kemo
09-05-2010, 02:33 AM
I would absolutely LOVE to have a chance to be a part of Area 55 ..I'd be probably one of the loudmouths of the group , gettin buck-whyle cheering my a$$ off .. heh ..

But Alas , I do not have any way of making a video , even if I did .. I NEVER win anything ....

Let's face it I am poor ..

I have been a die hard Pacer's fan for quite a long time (since the year Reggie got drafted), but have never been to an actual game before.. (pretty sad huh?) I hope beyond hope, that I can somehow get a chance to go to a game this season , if finances permit it ..

My grandpa who passed away last summer , was my Pacer's partner.. We always talked about one day going to a game , but never did get that chance .. My grandma started being a Pacer's fan since the Brad Miller days .. lol .. If I do ever get a chance to attend a game , I would have to take her.. She'd go nuts if I come over one day with a ticket to a game ..heh .. She hasn't done much with the family since my gramps passed....

Even if I somehow , magically were able to a video .. even if I won , I'd have to find a way to bring her , because I wouldn't want to go by myself.. and her being a big fan , such as myself .. I wouldn't feel right if she couldnt go ..

Ah well ... maybe someday I'll get to go to a live game ..

Good Luck fellow P.D.'ers ..

I really hope a handful of you guys/gals win.. that would really be nice ..

A VERY BIG THANKS , to Roy for not only being one of my favorite Pacers.. and being a real class-act .. but for providing this opportunity for the fans ..

ksuttonjr76
09-05-2010, 01:40 PM

It not a bad thing to me. Roy brings fun and awareness to the Pacers. Danny is just the silent killer once the gloves come off.

RobfromPacers
09-05-2010, 03:44 PM
But Alas , I do not have any way of making a video , even if I did .. I NEVER win anything ....

If you can't or don't want to make a video yourself, then show up to Kroger on Wednesday, Sept. 8, between 3-7pm. Roy will be there as fans will have the opportunity to audition right in front of him. Details at http://pacersarea55.com/events.php.

Also, would any PD members like to come to Conseco Fieldhouse this week and have us film your audition? I would have no problem setting up a camera. Let me know if interested and we can talk days/times.

xBulletproof
09-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I challenge Hibbert to a 3 point shooting contest for it. :)

Haha. I haven't played regularly in 3 years, but I think I could win it. You chicken, Hibbert? lol

focused444
09-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm now convinced this is the best idea ever...

El Pacero
09-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I hadn't posted my video to PD and thought the thread could use a bump. Show up tomorrow at Kroger if you haven't made your video yet!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bw1G1TToPlk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bw1G1TToPlk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I Love P
09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Here is a link to my video through pacers.com/area55....

http://www.pacersarea55.com/videos2.php

The video is on the bottom of the page titled, "Devin Ellis and Kyle Cranfill" Vote a thumbs up or thumbs down. Would love some feedback.

MagicRat
09-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Big Roy is going to be on the Dakich show sometime this afternoon. If you can't listen live catch the podcast later on http://www.1070thefan.com/dakich/podcast.aspx

MyFavMartin
09-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Good eye! Magnum is super cool and really funny. He asked me if I broke into Hulk Hogan's house and stole his boots.

How do you shrink latex?

MyFavMartin
09-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I hadn't posted my video to PD and thought the thread could use a bump. Show up tomorrow at Kroger if you haven't made your video yet!

The car is the perfect touch dude.

Yours or borrowed?

pwee31
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Alright folks!

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJeg_rpaVak?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

It would REALLY mean a ton to me to receive some feedback.

The entire film follows this similar "parody" style comedy, and it's going to be really fun!

For now, please enjoy this little clip. Don't forget to watch the video in HD (you have to click it manually most of the time)... it looks MUCH better if you do.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!

:laugh: that's pretty funny. It's sad b/c I actually feel like that. I mean I have a job and I still do stuff, but during this down time, I'm always looking for Pacers news or Pacers rumors day in and day out.

Nice touch!

Since86
09-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Man I wish I could get in on this, but due to work scheduling, I can't make week day games. Good luck to you all though.

El Pacero
09-07-2010, 02:01 PM
The car is the perfect touch dude.

Yours or borrowed?

You've missed the El Pacero Mobile saga on my FB page? It's mine - a luxurious 1976 AMC Pacer. Getting ready to paint it blue and gold to drive to games in.

MagicRat
09-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Alright folks!

You got a mention on the Dan Dakich Show while Roy was on. Dan was watching your vid during the interview. Pretty cool......

TMJ31
09-07-2010, 03:36 PM
You got a mention on the Dan Dakich Show while Roy was on. Dan was watching your vid during the interview. Pretty cool......

Are you serious?!

Wow that is so awesome!!!

So I just went to his website and listened to the 9 minute long podcast with Roy...

I heard him say "Ok so I am here on Pacers.com and I see this guy named Tyler Jonsson..."

But then it's edited and cut and moves on to another part of his interview with Roy...

Awww :(

Anyone hear it? What did he say about the video?

MagicRat
09-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Are you serious?!

Wow that is so awesome!!!

So I just went to his website and listened to the 9 minute long podcast with Roy...

I heard him say "Ok so I am here on Pacers.com and I see this guy named Tyler Jonsson..."

But then it's edited and cut and moves on to another part of his interview with Roy...

Awww :(

Anyone hear it? What did he say about the video?

He started talking about it when Roy got disconnected, but they got Roy back on pretty quickly so he didn't say much. I'm surprised they edited it out.

Paraphrasing.... "Ok so I am here on Pacers.com and I see this guy named Tyler Jonsson.......It says sneak preview.........He's sitting on the couch.......(chuckle).........Oh, he's back. Yeah, put him on." And he starts talking to Roy again.

Seems like there may have been another fragment in there, but I can't recall it.

Maybe if you hit Michael Grady on twitter he can find you the unedited version.........

KennerLeaguer
09-08-2010, 08:30 AM
They edited a few parts of the conversation, including an early bit when Dakich joked about not being a hardcore Pacers fan. This is what radio stations do all the time for podcasts. They take out the so-called "imperfections". I listened to the conversation live and I was sure the comments Dakich made parts between Roy's two calls to the show were going to be deleted for the podcast. Turns out I guessed right.

I Love P
09-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Hibbert was on 99.5 FM this morning and mentioned my video...he said, "Smiley, it's crazy, I had people jumping off rooftops into pools." He said, "These people are crazy," as he was laughing. Haha, I love it.

TMJ31
09-08-2010, 01:58 PM
He started talking about it when Roy got disconnected, but they got Roy back on pretty quickly so he didn't say much. I'm surprised they edited it out.

Paraphrasing.... "Ok so I am here on Pacers.com and I see this guy named Tyler Jonsson.......It says sneak preview.........He's sitting on the couch.......(chuckle).........Oh, he's back. Yeah, put him on." And he starts talking to Roy again.

Seems like there may have been another fragment in there, but I can't recall it.

Maybe if you hit Michael Grady on twitter he can find you the unedited version.........

Thanks!

But wait a minute...

You know what this means, right?

My video was not ON "Pacers.com"

The preview was ONLY here on PD.

SO apparently the local sports radio guys read PD too ;-)

I Love P
09-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Probably, it's the fastest and easiest way to read about about the Pacers.

Peck
09-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Looks like our own El Pacero is the first official unofficial signing to area55 per Big Roy.

via twitter:
Hoya2aPacer OMG El Pacero is now pulling up parking. Nice. I can't wait to see what he brings. I know he is already in. Just wanna see what he brings.

ZepZach
09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
About how long after you submit your video is it posted? I submitted mine but Im still waiting for it to show up on the site.

Day-V
09-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Went up to the Northside and met up with Roy and filmed a video. Think it turned out pretty good.

Big ups to my man El Pacero for telling Roy I'm a "Hardcore Pacers Fan" before filming began. Hopefully it put a mental note into Roy's head, lol.

CableKC
09-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Looks like our own El Pacero is the first official unofficial signing to area55 per Big Roy.
I'm glad. How can you not have a guy dressed up as a Pacers Wrestler in BlueNGold sitting in Area 55?

Stick a Pacers cape on and he's practically a walking Pacers billboard.

CableKC
09-08-2010, 08:10 PM
How many PD members have submitted videos to Area55?

It would be cool if we could get a few PD members on board.

Day-V
09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm glad. How can you not have a guy dressed up as a Pacers Wrestler in BlueNGold sitting in Area 55?

Stick a Pacers cape on and he's practically a walking Pacers billboard.

This contest would've been a travesty, a sham, and a mockery* if El Pacero hadn't been selected as one of the 55.

*Burgleflickle

Trophy
09-08-2010, 09:25 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bw1G1TToPlk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bw1G1TToPlk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I really enjoyed that. :laugh:

Great job.

El Pacero
09-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey thanks guys. I showed up to the audition just for fun and Roy had me sit next to him and be a "judge" for a couple hours! Talk about being a nice guy... still not sure what to think. Words will not do justice to how cool and real he was with every single fan.

Day-V
09-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey thanks guys. I showed up to the audition just for fun and Roy had me sit next to him and be a "judge" for a couple hours! Talk about being a nice guy... still not sure what to think. Words will not do justice to how cool and real he was with every single fan.

I was surprised there wasn't a Brawl between You and the Colts Superfan.

Dude was invading your turf.

El Pacero
09-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I was surprised there wasn't a Brawl between You and the Colts Superfan.

Dude was invading your turf.

Haha, I've met him before at a Pacers game. Real nice guy. When he was talking to Roy he ended up rhyming almost everything so it made him a funny character. Good job by the way, hope the pep talk w/ Roy about you helps your chances!

Kemo
09-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Someone tweeted on Roy's page saying Bret Michaels showed up ?

That's kinda crazy and very cool ..

I wish I could have made it.. I had planned on it and everything , and my fuel pump went out on me .. So I basically spent all day waiting on a friend to get off work , that I was paying to replace it for me .

I am just VERY thankful , that it happened BEFORE I got on the interstate to head to Indy ..

Trophy
09-09-2010, 07:49 AM

Whenever I get the chance to meet Roy at games, it never really feels like you're meeting a pro athlete, but meeting up with a friend.

Day-V
09-09-2010, 02:07 PM
They just posted the videos of the auditions from Yesterday.

If you folks were to happen to visit http://www.pacersarea55.com/videos6.php and vote for the video at the bottom labeled "David Dearing"................I wouldn't have a problem with it ;)

I Love P
09-09-2010, 03:13 PM
New videos up on pacers.com/area55 I'm confused why there has to be final auditions at Conseco...can't Roy pick out 55 people with the auditions he's already seen? I feel like the final auditions are a waste of time and unnecessary.

Day-V
09-09-2010, 03:17 PM
New videos up on pacers.com/area55 I'm confused why there has to be final auditions at Conseco...can't Roy pick out 55 people with the auditions he's already seen? I feel like the final auditions are a waste of time and unnecessary.

Test of dedication? Maybe he thinks that if contestants don't feel the need to show up for a final audition, then maybe he doesn't feel the need to give those people tickets, while those that ARE dedicated to show up, and still be juiced about the contest and the Pacers. Those are who he wants. Just a theory.

Man, if I'm fortunate enough to be picked to go to Conseco, I'm going to be so pumped up. This is a great contest. I love it.

Day-V
09-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks Greenway, I voted for yours a day ago. Good luck to you, as well!

And hey, folks, If it helps any, what I said in my video IS true, lol.

I went to Game 3 against the Celtics in 2005 with a 101 degree fever. I had those tickets for a while, and I was not about to miss my last time seeing Reggie Miller in the playoffs. Glad I went. Reggie had one of his last "Vintage Reggie" performances, plus Jermaine and Antoine Walker went at it.

Moral of this post? Vote for me. :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/59wPriklXNI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/59wPriklXNI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Fantastic Game.

Day-V
09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Oh wow. Even if I don't get picked to be on Area 55 I've found out I'm already a winner.

I just found out through Twitter that I've won "staff" seats to the home opener! Definitely excited about that!

redfoster
09-09-2010, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNbSMGWjk84

Here is my entry guys. :D

Just submitted on the Area 55 page, so it isn't posted yet.

Hibbert Laugh
09-09-2010, 10:21 PM
It's great that this contest has been such a hit, or at least it seems to be. I hope even some of those that don't win when Roy makes his final picks might think about spending more time in CFH this fall/winter, even if it is just a few games. I didn't submit a video since I already purchased season tix a while ago, but I'm hoping to maybe get to be a seat-filler (because Pacers games are just like the Academy Awards, right?) in Area 55 on those nights when the weather and the roads mess with the plans of those coming from anywhere outside the city.

Best of luck to all PD'ers who submitted something. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all.

Day-V
09-10-2010, 01:16 AM
How did you manage that?

Alan Mowrey, the Director of Season Ticket Sales for the Pacers, sent out a tweet about Area 55 and said that folks who retweeted it would be put into a drawing to win his "staff seats". And I was fortunately picked. Awesome stuff.

Pacers #Area55 auditions tomorrow 3-7pm at Kroger Nora. Retweet this and be entered to win my staff seats for Opening Night.

Thanks to all that retweeted my #area55 post. @Davey_INDY was randomly chosen - he's going to opening night on Oct 30.

redfoster
09-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Woop, I just got an email telling me I'm in the finals.

See you guys who made it Monday. What is everyone planning to do with their 30 seconds?

Day-V
09-11-2010, 01:45 AM
I just got my e-mail as well. Pretty excited.

Registration starts at 5:00 PM, I believe.

ZepZach
09-11-2010, 11:28 AM
It seems like everyone is a finalist? When you click the link on the site, all of the videos are there. Oh well, I still have a chance!

Yo El Pacero, you should put in a good word for me! Kidding of course (kind of :cool:)

RobfromPacers
09-11-2010, 12:24 PM
It seems like everyone is a finalist? When you click the link on the site, all of the videos are there. Oh well, I still have a chance!

Yo El Pacero, you should put in a good word for me! Kidding of course (kind of :cool:)

Unfortunately, there were several applicants that didn't make the final auditions. It was amazing how many videos were submitted before the deadline. All of the videos submitted before midnight were considered, but not all of them were uploaded to the site as the web guy was focused on getting the site reset for the final auditions announcement. Several late entries were selected, including Gary V, Zachary Brown and Don Stumpp, among others.

If you were selected, it is crucial you get to Conseco Fieldhouse before 6:30pm as check-in ends at that time. The actual auditions start at 6pm. It is not open to general public, but participants are allowed to bring guests.

Since there are a lot of participants, each audition will last no more than 30 seconds. The audition order is determined by the check-in order with a line lottery occurring at 5pm.

Thanks to everyone for making this process a lot of fun. As you can tell by Roy's tweets, he has been actively involved in the entire process and will be a judge on Monday along w/ a couple of his teammates.

Good luck to all.

TMJ31
09-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Well friends, it seems I did not make the final cut...

Something about "The video being 14 Minutes and 30 Seconds too long, and living 2,000 Miles from Conseco Fieldhouse..."

What a bunch of nonsense, right?!?!?! ;)

All kidding aside, I am so happy for all of you who are going to get a chance to be in Area 55. I only wish I was fortunate enough to be in a position to join you!

I just hope you enjoyed my video, as it was my "love letter" to Pacer Nation!
If you still have not seen it, here is the direct YouTube link.
(My video is no longer on PacersArea55.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHgf3P0Qgsk

Good luck and HAVE FUN everyone!

Hitman02
09-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Just wanted to say how awesome this is that Roy is doing this. I wish everyone on the board luck in getting in Area 55

JonnyB83
09-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Well friends, it seems I did not make the final cut...

Something about "The video being 14 Minutes and 30 Seconds too long, and living 2,000 Miles from Conseco Fieldhouse..."

What a bunch of nonsense, right?!?!?! ;)

All kidding aside, I am so happy for all of you who are going to get a chance to be in Area 55. I only wish I was fortunate enough to be in a position to join you!

I just hope you enjoyed my video, as it was my "love letter" to Pacer Nation!
If you still have not seen it, here is the direct YouTube link.
(My video is no longer on PacersArea55.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHgf3P0I Qgsk

Good luck and HAVE FUN everyone!

Good stuff! I love the name idea for the boy!!

MyFavMartin
09-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Love the originality and the passion in the videos. Some very good and funny ones... The Clawson brothers' one is hilarious.

Day-V
09-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Just got back from my final audition. Got to meet Roy and Paul George. Very cool stuff. Lots of a great people who tried out. Even got to meet a couple Digest members! Wore my lucky old-school Jalen Rose jersey. Hope there's still a bit of luck left in that thing.

To those Digest members who also had auditions tonight, I wish you all the best of luck and I'll see you at the season opener!

redfoster
09-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Got back from mine, too. I was the first one to go. Awesome time, the staff was great and got to meet Big Roy and PG.

Hope I can get in and help rep PD at the Fieldhouse!

Day-V
09-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Got back from mine, too. I was the first one to go. Awesome time, the staff was great and got to meet Big Roy and PG.

Hope I can get in and help rep PD at the Fieldhouse!

The staff was fantastic. They seemed to be genuinely excited about the contest. Bunch of great fans there and it's a shame that not everybody will be able to be selected.

Getting pretty pumped for this season.

RobfromPacers
09-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Though I can't announce the 55 that made it yet, I can say that only a minority percentage received golden tickets tonight as the bulk of the 55 will be announced tomorrow.

For those that didn't get a chance to attend, you should be proud of the fans that did. They represented the Pacers well. Both Roy Hibbert and Paul George left proud to be a part of the franchise. And on that night, both of those guys were there late tonight finalizing the 55 w/ the rest of the judges.

We have a few decisions to make in the morning, but thank you for the participation and I hope you're as pumped as I am for the first home game.

TMJ31
09-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Though I can't announce the 55 that made it yet, I can say that only a minority percentage received golden tickets tonight as the bulk of the 55 will be announced tomorrow.

For those that didn't get a chance to attend, you should be proud of the fans that did. They represented the Pacers well. Both Roy Hibbert and Paul George left proud to be a part of the franchise. And on that night, both of those guys were there late tonight finalizing the 55 w/ the rest of the judges.

We have a few decisions to make in the morning, but thank you for the participation and I hope you're as pumped as I am for the first home game.

Sounds awesome!

I am so happy the whole process was such a success!

Don't forget about the "TylerVision" when making your final decisions! ;)

ZepZach
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Ahhhh, I just wanna know already!

kielbeze
09-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Ahhhh, I just wanna know already!

I know i feel like charlie from willie wonka!

ZepZach
09-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Just got a call from ROY HIMSELF!!!!!

I've been given instructions to bring my signs I made!!

I Love P
09-14-2010, 03:26 PM
That's tight, did he tell you what section/row the tickets were and when you will recieve them?

ZepZach
09-14-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't think so. To be honest, I was too excited to pay attention. He did say someone would call me in the next few days with details....!!!

kielbeze
09-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Ahh I am at work and can not have a cell phone on the floor but i did just get a voice message from roy telling me I AM IN!!!!! Zach were gonna blow the roof of this motha! I Hope dave made it too

Hicks
09-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Awesome! I'm very happy for you guys! :)

Roaming Gnome
09-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Way to go, fellas... Congrats! :champagne:

Day-V
09-14-2010, 04:33 PM
I, unfortunately, did not make it. :(

I still have tickets to the home opener though, so I'm pretty pumped about that. :)

Since86
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Love the originality and the passion in the videos. Some very good and funny ones... The Clawson brothers' one is hilarious.

I haven't watched it yet, but I saw the front picture. I know Joey from Ball St. I've told him about the site, don't know if he's a registered member, but good guy. Hope he made it.

Peck
09-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Congrats to everyone who made it and proper respect and admiration to Roy Hibbert & the Pacers P.R. department for putting together a top notch program and way to connect to the fans.

TMJ31
09-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I got the call from roy about 2 hours ago. I'm ready to blow the roof off every game

Woo!!!

I was rooting for you bro :)

I'll send a "TylerVision" to your house so you can bring me along to a few games.

TMJ31
09-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Does tylevision come in PAL or NTSC? LOL. Its really too bad you didnt live closer you would have been in for sure.

Haha!

Yea, I like to think I would have had a good chance to make the cut.

I am still holding out hope that maybe I will at least get a shout-out from Roy/The Pacers for the work I put into the video. At least I really hope Roy SAW the whole thing.

It was fun and I hope it can live on in infamy, so to speak...

Trader Joe
09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Congrats to all that made it. I can't wait for this year to start. So exciting.

I Love P
09-14-2010, 09:40 PM
I got in too...I heard the section will be in 101.

I Love P
09-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Wishing it was in Legends though, yea right....I'd turn into an alcoholic. :buddies:

El Pacero
09-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Big Pacers Props to all that made it. Big sorrows to my pal Day-V and others that didn't... I'll break through security and try to get any PD member in Area 55 for a game this season.