PDA

View Full Version : From CBSSportsline.Com

indygeezer
08-13-2004, 07:38 AM
ndiana Pacers: Not everyone is enamored of the Pacers getting Stephen Jackson for Al Harrington, but Jackson does give them a shooting guard for the future, and it opens up playing time for Austin Croshere. Rookie David Harrison gives them depth at center, and free-agent guard Eddie Gill might help at point. They are still mildly in the hunt for Dampier and could use him. Grade: C
==============
Totally disagree...I think SJ pick-up was a great move by the P's (of course I would, I'm a Homer).

I'd give em a grade of B anyway.

DisplacedKnick
08-13-2004, 08:26 AM
I dunno if I'd say he's a great pickup but they traded something they don't have for something they do. The question could be asked, if they'd tried to be more creative/patient, if the Pacers could have gotten involved in a trade for someone better - maybe gotten into a S&T deal for Q or someone.

Hard to knock 'em too hard - just seems like they weren't in a lot of danger of losing Jackson if they'd done some shopping.

Lord Helmet
08-13-2004, 12:11 PM
I rate the Pacers B-.I do think we could've gotten something better if we waited to trade AL.We might have had Damp and J-Rich.(I doubt Mullin would trade J-Rich though)

Young
08-13-2004, 12:27 PM
I give them a B-.

Harrington wanted traded. Now I do wish we would have traded him to Denver, giving us cap room to sign Jackson I think.

Kegboy
08-13-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm cautiously hopeful about Sax. Everyone talks about how great he is, but I never saw much in him. Plus, his shooting percentages frighten me. Guess we'll see. :shrug:

Arcadian
08-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Why would the media think we got the better of the deal?

We traded a sixthman runner-up on a 61 win team for a player who put up good numbers for a bad team.

Chemistry-wise it might work but on paper it wasn't a great trade for us.

ImReppinBtown
08-13-2004, 01:58 PM
I also give us a B. Al for Stephen will help us out alot, he can shoot from the outside and hes good on defense. We needed someone else to help on D other than Ron. And you know the 2 guards have been killin us in the playoffs, Rip, Pierce, just to name a couple.