PDA

View Full Version : A question about Kenny Anderson

Lord Helmet
08-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Has Kenny Anderson signed with anyone yet?I havn't heard anything involving him in a while.The last I heard was he was going to leave after last season becuase he wasn't getting that much playing time(Mostly becuase of Tins)So has he signed with anyone?

Hicks
08-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Not yet. Don't know where he'll land, except not here.

Kegboy
08-13-2004, 12:29 AM
Well, the talk was he'd go to New Jersey, but with them signing Jacque Vaughn, I'd say he's SOL. :whoknows:

SoupIsGood
08-13-2004, 12:34 AM
I don't get why the rockets didn't sign him. we proved that he could lead a very good team, why didn't they give him a try?

Lord Helmet
08-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Well he could just stay here if he wants a ring fast.

Outsider
08-13-2004, 08:33 AM

Doesn't he have to be on the team to get a ring?

Lord Helmet
08-13-2004, 12:08 PM

Yea.I meant he should stay on the Pacers so he can get a ring.;)

Outsider
08-13-2004, 12:35 PM

Yea.I meant he should stay on the Pacers so he can get a ring.;)

Wonder if he would pay the Pacers to have a roster spot.... Just don't see us needing him with Tinsley, Gill, Johnson and maybe the 2nd round rookie from this last draft.

Kegboy
08-13-2004, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if his grumbling in the ECF put teams off. If anybody wants him, they want a steady hand and veteran leadership, just why Rick wanted him here. If he'd made it through the year without biting the hand that fed him, maybe he'd have better cred.

Speaking of Detroit, remember there was a deal on the table to trade him to the Pistons? I wonder if Larry would still be interested, now that they lost James. I know KStat thinks Delfino's the second coming, but they might want some insurance at the point.

One last point. Remember he didn't sign with us until September, and that was because Rick was a big fan. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he ends up in a Rod Strickland situation where he has to wait until a team realizes they need help after the season starts.

Sadly, I think the same might happen to Travis Best. :(

MSA2CF
08-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Who here would gladly accept Travis Best back on the Pacers' roster?

ChicagoJ
08-13-2004, 06:11 PM
He'd be fifth string, behind Tinsley, AJ, Gill and Wright. :devil:

If he signs for the vet's minimum to be fifth string.... sure why not?

Hicks
08-13-2004, 06:17 PM
I would, since Travis was a cog on my "first" Pacers team (Bird teams)

Kegboy
08-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Well, I still bet he kicks himself for not holding on when Larry asked him to. He'd have been here instead of Kenny.

When we signed AJ to four years, it killed any chance of him ever coming back. Wonder if Brown is still interested in him, cause he wanted him last year, too. He'd be a better fit for Detroit than Kenny.