PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest: Life After on 8/30

Basketball Fan
08-28-2010, 11:40 AM
There's a "Life After" series they have on TVOne where they talk about the turning points of celebrities lives and how "life after" is for them. Ron's will appear on Monday and here's a sneak peek.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EkVIndhg_nI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EkVIndhg_nI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ChristianDudley
08-28-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm just tired of hearing about him personally. I may watch, but idk. Seems like all the news is about Artest nowadays.

NuffSaid
08-30-2010, 02:12 PM
I'll watch because the series is actually very interesting. The show "fills in the blanks" of celebraty's lifes after certain events that may or may not be well know to the public. For example:

I didn't know that the black comedian who played Mr. Cooper in the sitcom, "Hangin' w/Mr. Cooper" was actually in a a fire where over 20% of his body was burned.

I didn't know that the youngest cast member in the show, "Family Matters" went into adult films for a brief time after being released from the show. (Her story was very sad.)

I didn't know how the now infamous "SuperHead" got started as more than just a "rap groupie". (Her life was so tragic leading up to the period that has now made her famous; I'm glad she was able to rise above that though.)

And I didn't know that the young teenaged girl who played one of Brandi's best friends in the show "Moisha" was actually a 17-year old teen mother of two young kids while doing the show! Nor did I know she was the woman K-Fed left in order to be with Brittney Spears!! Talk about a person who went through tabloid hell!!! No, not Brittney nor K-Fed, but the teen mom. What she went through was just awful. But she rose above it all. Much respect, girl!!!

So, yeah. I'll watch just to see how Ron-Ron has changed if he has changed at all. One thing I can say for sure about Ron Artest...

He hasn't gone back into the stands since. And he does seem alot calmer since bring traded both from Indy to Sac-Town to Houston and now LAL.