PDA

View Full Version : Should we call up MJ & The Bobcats again?

SMosley21
08-27-2010, 02:49 PM
We all know about the trade that nearly happened at the deadline last season (Ford + Rush for Augustin + Henderson + Diop). We no longer have much of a need for Augustin and we never wanted Diop anyway. So why don't we call up MJ and the Bobcats and see if they would go Rush for Henderson straight up? Henderson was barely given a chance to play last season, but was a top 10 pick in the draft and physically is nearly an exact replica of Rush (maybe even more athletic). His outside shot isn't quite as effective, but his overall game could make us forget about Rush pretty easily. Not to mention, we would still have Henderson on his rookie contract for at least 2 more seasons, with an option for a 3rd.

I say we should try to make it happen. The salaries match up and we could maybe throw in a future 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal if they are hesitant about taking Smokey.

Trophy
08-27-2010, 02:52 PM
As strange as it is to say, we don't need anymore PGs especially young ones.

We have Darren who will be starting and getting a ton of minutes and AJ backing him up and also Lance if he stays is an option.

SMosley21
08-27-2010, 02:54 PM
As strange as it is to say, we don't need anymore PGs especially young ones.

We have Darren who will be starting and getting a ton of minutes and AJ backing him up and also Lance if he stays is an option.

Gerald Henderson is a SG

Or were you just referring to me pointing out that we no longer need Augustin?

Speed
08-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I think you want to buy low/sell high. Whenever I see us trying to trade tarnished players, I almost never agree. I don't see there is a market, mostly, and if there is, it's crap.

Daniel33
08-27-2010, 03:08 PM
I would rather see a trade for Dampier.
Ford + Solo or someone else matching Dampiers should be traded to the Bobcats, they need a 3rd string point guard and we would save more money when we cut dampier (this seasons contract is non-guaranteed) additionally we would free up one roster spot for Magnum Rolle. if i count it right.
I know the bobcats try to get something back for dampier. (Yahoo article) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhiKsHdeyZ94CZZkFSQB0QW8vLYF?slug=ap-bobcats-kwamebrown)

CableKC
08-27-2010, 03:09 PM
We all know about the trade that nearly happened at the deadline last season (Ford + Rush for Augustin + Henderson + Diop). We no longer have much of a need for Augustin and we never wanted Diop anyway. So why don't we call up MJ and the Bobcats and see if they would go Rush for Henderson straight up? Henderson was barely given a chance to play last season, but was a top 10 pick in the draft and physically is nearly an exact replica of Rush (maybe even more athletic). His outside shot isn't quite as effective, but his overall game could make us forget about Rush pretty easily. Not to mention, we would still have Henderson on his rookie contract for at least 2 more seasons, with an option for a 3rd.

I say we should try to make it happen. The salaries match up and we could maybe throw in a future 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal if they are hesitant about taking Smokey.
Taka a look at Diop's contract and tell me if you want to include him or not.

I'd consider Ford+BRush for Diaw and then a seperate deal with our TPE for Henderson before considering taking on Diop in any form.

SMosley21
08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Taka a look at Diop's contract and tell me if you want to include him or not.

I'd consider Ford+BRush+Solo for Diaw+Henderson before considering taking on Diop in any form.

You must have missed that I'm calling for a straight up trade of Rush for Henderson, which doesn't involve us taking on Diop. Maybe I should've put that in bold print since it's in the middle of the paragraph.

CableKC
08-27-2010, 03:23 PM
You must have missed that I'm calling for a straight up trade of Rush for Henderson, which doesn't involve us taking on Diop. Maybe I should've put that in bold print since it's in the middle of the paragraph.
You are correct....I mis-read the first part of the post....my bad.

I'd consider BRush for Henderson...but I don't see why the Bobcats would given this blemish on BRush's trade value.

IUfan4life
08-27-2010, 03:24 PM
no

SMosley21
08-27-2010, 03:33 PM
You are correct....I mis-read the first part of the post....my bad.

I'd consider BRush for Henderson...but I don't see why the Bobcats would given this blemish on BRush's trade value.

I think they MIGHT consider it. From what I recall last season, Larry Brown wasn't a huge fan of Henderson's game. Thus far, Rush has shown to be a better NBA player, but Henderson hasn't really been given a chance. It would be a very small risk for us just because we would be giving up the better player currently, but Henderson could potentially be just as good if not better than Rush.

Although I'm not too sure Tyler would be a big fan of the acquisition.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGHaLUgrzi4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGHaLUgrzi4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Speed
08-27-2010, 03:49 PM
If my car broke down, I wonder if Charlotte would be interested in purchasing it. :D

I'm just saying.

avoidingtheclowns
08-27-2010, 04:37 PM
I think you want to buy low/sell high.

Doesn't Brandon fit this criteria now?

count55
08-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Doesn't Brandon fit this criteria now?

Aaaaaaaaaand...Scene.

vnzla81
08-27-2010, 04:55 PM
no

CableKC
08-27-2010, 05:21 PM
If my car broke down, I wonder if Charlotte would be interested in purchasing it. :D

I'm just saying.
My point exactly.

Maybe expand the trade to Diaw for Foster+BRush and a seperate deal for TPE for Gerald?

Main incentive for the Bobcats is 2010-2011 Salary Cap relief while taking on Diaw's contract...which IMHO is ok since we're giving up Foster to have Diaw replace him as a rotational PF/C ( yes, undersized but is a decent Big Man defender and a short term / poor man's "Player X" ).

IUfan4life
08-27-2010, 07:53 PM
no

HEY. We agree on something

pacers74
08-27-2010, 07:57 PM
I am starting to think Diaw is not a bad option. But before we got Collison, I was trying to get myself to believe Claderon wasn't a bad option either.

cdash
08-27-2010, 07:59 PM
As a player alone I prefer Tyler Hansbrough to Boris Diaw and his extra 40 pounds. That's before we ever get to the financial obligations.

Smoothdave1
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
The deal was actually Ford & Rush for Augustin, Henderson and Nazr, not Diop.

As far as whether or not that deal could still come to fruition, I don't know. The thing is, Brown does not have the patience for a guy like Augustin or Livingston, at least as a starter. Furthermore, Brown seems to like Ford and I think Ford would do well in Brown's system. The thing is, Rush's latest incident diminishes his trade value a little and the Pacers may have to add something else. With that said, how about a deal that looks like:

Ford, Posey, Solo & Rush for Henderson, Diaw & Nazr?

Pacers unload Ford, get a decent backup 5 in Nazr, get a 4 in Diaw who would come off the bench in Charlotte and get a decent prospect in Henderson. Bobcats get a starting point in Ford, the veteran that Brown likes in Posey, a good backup in Rush and some depth with Solo.

Pacer lineup:

Collison, Price, Lance
Dunleavy, Jones, Henderson
Granger, George
Diaw, Hansbrough, McRoberts, Rolle
Roy, Nazr, Foster

Bobcats go with a starting 5 of Ford, Jackson, Wallace, Thomas and Diop or Dampier (if kept or waived and resigned for cheap)

We still have expirings in Dunleavy, Nazr, Tinsley, Foster and have just one year left on the deal for Diaw (similar to the current situation with Posey)

pacers74
08-27-2010, 08:11 PM
That trade makes since, if Charlotte would go for it.

MyFavMartin
08-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Smoothdave-

Don't like the trade as I think Charlotte's getting the 3 best players in the trade with Rush, Posey, and Ford...

I'd try something more like Ford/Posey/Rush for Dampier/Henderson and then waive Dampier. Maybe try to expand it with sending Solo for filler.

Smoothdave1
08-28-2010, 01:11 AM
The thing is, I think Charlotte will likely waive Dampier unless they're getting back a guy like Melo or someone else. Ford is nice to have, but the Cats are over the tax I believe and are not willing to take on any salary unless it's for another guy on the team not named Dampier.

CableKC
08-28-2010, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't count on the Bobcats taking on Posey. Remember...keep things simple...no team wants to take on an extra year in Posey's contract.

judicata
08-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Rush may have a problem, but at least we know he has a place in this league. Henderson has not shown that yet.

SMosley21
08-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Rush may have a problem, but at least we know he has a place in this league. Henderson has not shown that yet.

He hasn't been given the opportunity to show that yet. He was actually playing behind a legit starter last season (Stephen Jackson). Rush has basically been gift wrapped the starting SG duties and still hasn't proven that he deserves it.