PDA

View Full Version : Some stats from last night and if playing time means anything

able
02-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Then we had one dissatisfied coach last night.

Rotations were limited due to JO being hurt and Fred being sick but still......

Did anyone notice that:

Al did not finish the game, in fact he was out at 3.38 before the end.
Al only played 28 minutes
AJ only played 20 minutes
JT played 32 minutes
Cro played 17 minutes went 0 - 5 and 3 Rb
JO "only" had 6 Rb and 1 Bs (17 pts)

Al has done a no show twice in as many games after "BIG" words from the man himself
Cro proved that he does only belong at the end of the pine

Was anyone amazed that:

KA did not play again
Brezec did not get any minutes when it was clear that Jeff, Cro and Al were bringing "zilch"
Al again blamed his non existing play on his "injury" that no one can find.

Does anybody think that:

If KA is not playing anyway we might as well have brought Brewer
If Al keep this up (the no shows) JB might be a thread to (part of) his minutes
There has to be something or some reason why KA is not getting any minutes
Pollie should be castized for giving Fred the flu
Rotations can be to stubborn at times ?

Ragnar
02-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Tins needs to be playing more because everytime he was in there except for that last stand he created a lead only to have it pissed away by AJ. Tins nearly got them back into this one had Ron simply hit his free throws.

I would really like to see Kenny get AJ's minutes AJ is giving us almost nothing. Yes he scores sometimes but he looses the lead every single time. I would rather see Brewer in there. At least with him in there the perimiter D is better not worse. Maybe the team does not play as well with him in there as Tins but they play as well as with AJ.

Pollard needs to go before he is worth absolutley nothing. There are probably some people who think it is our system that is keeping him down. So move him while we can before his contract makes Cro's look good. At least Cro gets rebounds.

I think Jermaine's rebounding is the neck thing so I am not to worried about that and Al had been playing really well before coming back down to earth. He is still young and learning so I am not worried about him either.

So in short dump Pollard and play Kenny or Brewer.

Unclebuck
02-04-2004, 02:45 PM
I was thinking Kenny might come ion late in the second quarter when Tinsley got his 3rd foul, but he didn't.

Carlisle rarely calls his team out in the press and almost never calls individual players out, but he was searching for somebody or combination to work.

If you take away Jamaal's threes and Artest's good play the pacers lose by 25

Booger
02-04-2004, 02:49 PM
I wasn't surprised Al didn't finish the game. He's clearly being bothered by his knee. They may not be able to find anything structurally wrong with his knee, but I thought I heard Alberts say that he had a bone bruise?? That's something that's just going to take a long time to heal. As it is now, Al's having a hard time elevating on his jumpers and problems moving laterally. Hence, his matador defense.

I'm giving JO a pass for last night with his neck injury. I expect more from him at Toronto, however. I was a little surprised KA didn't play, especially w/ Freddie out. I thought we might see AJ get some minutes at the 2 with Kenny, similar to some of our lineups earlier in the year.

Rotations have been somewhat stubborn this year and, to me, that is a good thing. Thinking back to our, er....um...."rotations" in previous years makes me physically ill.

And, yes, it is always shocking to me when Primoz doesn't get any minutes in a close game. :D

No doubt, last night's loss was more frustrating to me than any other loss this year. Mostly due to our lack of defense and poor free-throw shooting. Had we been better at either of those things last night, we would have probably won the game in spite of our marginal play elsewhere.

That said, it was the second game of a back-to-back on the road. And those are always tough regardless of the opponent.

indygeezer
02-04-2004, 03:20 PM
I wasn't surprised Al didn't finish the game. He's clearly being bothered by his knee. They may not be able to find anything structurally wrong with his knee, but I thought I heard Alberts say that he had a bone bruise?? That's something that's just going to take a long time to heal.
+++++++++++++

Anybody else remember Steve Stipanovich?