PDA

View Full Version : Crazy request

Kegboy
08-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, they've been pretty crappy lately, so you're not missing anything.

Yeah, I know some of you liked the Rollin' last year, but I'm old school. It's too bad they couldn't keep the original Conseco opening, but even I admit it got pretty stale.

Lord Helmet
08-11-2004, 05:22 PM

Yeah, I know some of you liked the Rollin' last year, but I'm old school. It's too bad they couldn't keep the original Conseco opening, but even I admit it got pretty stale.
What was the original Conseco opening? The farthest back I can remember is the video where they show some old highlights (Reg bankin' it in agianst the Nets and someolder ABA footage)I think they showed that video during the 01-02 season.

MSA2CF
08-11-2004, 05:26 PM

What was the original Conseco opening? The farthest back I can remember is the video where they show some old highlights (Reg bankin' it in agianst the Nets and someolder ABA footage)I think they showed that video during the 01-02 season.

The one I remember showing started with the radio broadcasting some important Pacers' games. It showed the "In 49 states...It's just basketball...." And I remember it had the shot against the Bulls...

I'm pretty sure that was the "first" one, but what do I know!

Lord Helmet
08-11-2004, 05:36 PM

The one I remember showing started with the radio broadcasting some important Pacers' games. It showed the "In 49 states...It's just basketball...." And I remember it had the shot against the Bulls...

I'm pretty sure that was the "first" one, but what do I know!
Yea I think thats it.It may not be the original though.

ABADays
08-11-2004, 05:39 PM
I wish I had OR WE HAD (Hicks) the 49 states one.

Hoop
08-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I've tried to capture the video to avi off the board at Conseco with my digital camera (Canon A70).

I have not had good results. The arena is dark and when the video starts, the brightness makes the capture look awful and you can barely see it. My camera can't automatically adjust to the change in brightness. I've never had the time to play with the manual settings.

SoupIsGood
08-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Ive seen the 49 states and the rollin' one. I like both. GO PACERS!

Kegboy
08-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Damn, I didnt expect to get more than one reply

The only one I saw was the original one, it was pretty cool, that was the "In 49 states one"

Well, they've gone to just your average loud, flashy intro every other team has. They did throw the "49 states" quote in at the end of the last one, but you take that away and you could easily make it any other team's intro by just changing the highlights.

:thumbsdown:

ChicagoJ
08-12-2004, 06:33 PM
I liked the good old days when they'd just announce the starting lineup then start the game (perhaps with Henry Lee Summer's "Time for Big Fun" over the PA system.

No dimmed house lights. No spot lights. No fireworks. No absurdly loud music. Just basketball players.

Signed,
Mr. Fuddy Duddy.

MSA2CF
08-12-2004, 06:37 PM
I miss Boomer from the ceiling.

MagicRat
08-22-2004, 02:47 AM
Since I am in VA, I usually only go to one, if that, Pacers game per season. Just wondering if any of you have taped the Pacers introduction video. I only saw one is 2002 when I went to a Nets game.

I know this is a akward request, but well, Im bored

Thanks

-vapacersfan

I was going through the archives while working on another project and found this:
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/157_5748.AVI

Since you didn't request a "good" or "complete" video, I thought I'd post it.......

MagicRat
08-22-2004, 02:49 AM

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/Boomer2.jpg

MagicRat
08-22-2004, 02:57 AM

I miss being able to score over a hundred in the conference finals....

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/Scoreboard5.jpg

MagicRat
08-22-2004, 03:03 AM

I kind of miss MSA, although I don't miss those screens, the congestion getting out of the stands after the game or the congestion in the concourses......

http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/PostGame-Celebration2.jpg

MSA2CF
08-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Wonderful photos, MagicRat!

Have many more photos of MSA? I know PacerFanAdam and I have been looking for them online, but most of them (99%) are of MSA about to be destroyed/in process of being destroyed.

SoupIsGood
08-22-2004, 10:59 AM
I liked the good old days when they'd just announce the starting lineup then start the game (perhaps with Henry Lee Summer's "Time for Big Fun" over the PA system.

No dimmed house lights. No spot lights. No fireworks. No absurdly loud music. Just basketball players.

Signed,
Mr. Fuddy Duddy.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: