PDA

View Full Version : OT - for fun, introductions

Vicious Tyrant
08-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Well, I've been on board here for a couple of weeks and I like this place. Since it's off season and quiet, I wonder if some of you regulars (newbies, too, why not?) would mind introducing yourselves.

Now I put this thread here instead of the Pub, b/c I hope to hear about your feelings, likes, dislikes, fears, hopes, history with, etc. about the PACERS, not about your personal lives, although that might be interesting too (although probably already done).

I was a uncoordinated dork in high school and never followed or played sports in high school. I started getting interested in NBA and NFL in college, but I didn't know anything. I watched Chuck get outdueld by Larry Bird back in 1980something at MSA (favorite memory). I was at a skanky bar on the near eastside (May's Mahogony Lounge "The Hog") in the Cottage Home Neighborhood the night Reggie went off on the Knicks in the fourth quarter (no, that's my favorite memory). I was a guard at Indiana Boy's School driving a truck around the perimeter, listening on the radio, when Rik Smits hit the last shot in that crazy last ten seconds against the Magic (OK, that's my favorite moment). I got in trouble for honking the horn and flashing the lights, causing the guards in the fence to think there was a security problem.

Anyway, I like the current team, but there's just some lack of something that has kept me from really loving them - YET!

btw, I physically matured late and now I'm 6'6" and about 235, so I wish I'd got coordinated early enough to play some ball in high school. I was in HS back when Jay Edwards and Lyndon Jones were at Marion HS. I went to HS in the same county, so maybe I could have taken the court with those guys.

Anyway, what about you?

ChicagoJ
08-11-2004, 04:43 PM
We have done this before, so I bumped the Roll Call thread for you and some of the others that are new in the past few months.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/cgi-bin/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=1;gtid=4891