PDA

View Full Version : Funny, small, comment by CNNSI analyst

Mourning
08-11-2004, 02:50 PM
"March 25: Indiana at Detroit, ESPN

Both teams should be pumped up for this one, since they only have to play four important games between now and June. Seriously, is there any point in even playing the Eastern Conference regular season or the first two rounds of the playoffs? Let's just have Indiana and Detroit play a seven-game series in January and have the winner advance to the Finals. The rest of the Eastern Conference season is only interesting if Jermaine O'Neal or Ben Wallace misplaces a kneecap."

Comment made by CNNSI analyst John Hollinger to one of 13 nationally televised matches in the coming season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/john_hollinger/08/03/games.towatch/index.html

Regards,

Mourning:cool:

Fool
08-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey! Thats my birthday! What a nice present ESPN (I'll probably be watching it on the local channel though).

Kegboy
08-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey! Thats my birthday! What a nice present ESPN (I'll probably be watching it on the local channel though).

Yep. I doubt I'll watch ESPN basketball ever again now that they canned DA. I tend to enjoy at least a bit of analysis with my screaming. :rolleyes:

Somebody should tell this guy that, thanks to the new playoff seeding, it's just about set in stone that we'll play each other in the second round, not ECF. :(

Vicious Tyrant
08-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Gee, Kegboy, is that true? What a stinker.

I unplugged from cable a couple years ago. I don't miss much, but I do miss the Pacer games. WB4 gives you one or two a week, but there are times you just want more.

Mourning
08-11-2004, 04:14 PM
I think what he's basically is saying that Indy and Detroit are the best teams in the east and the winner should go to the finals. Basically, lets forget all the other teams in the east and lets just let these two teams decide who will go to the Finals.

Regards,

Mourning:cool: