PDA

View Full Version : Another Drafting game opening

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 03:23 AM
Once again, if you are interested let me know.

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Here is the final version of the rules.......

1. You will draft a 10 player roster of any basketball player you desire. Any player that has ever played the game is eligible. Living or dead, played in the past or is playing now.

2. The start of the game will be August 1st & it will run until it is finished. That means we arn't rushing to get this wrapped up in 2 or 3 weeks. If it takes until the end of September, so be it.

3. The size of the draft will be 16 teams.

4. The draft order will be determined by me. It will be done by a blind drawing.

5. No delay of game & no *****ing. Just like in the NBA, I don't want to deal with either one. If you want to play, make sure you are ready when your turn comes up. If your playing & someone is a little slow in making a selection, I'll deal with it. I don't wanna hear any whinning!

6. It's your team, draft who ya like. If you want to draft 10 small forwards go ahead. I would prefer a more balanced team & you might look a little foolish without a hall of fame center & an all star point guard, but hey, who am I to judge?

7. Players may only be selected once. This is an all time NBA draft, not everyone can have Wilt on thier roster.

8. Following the draft we will have a single elimination tournament. This tournament will be on "What if Sports", I'll have a link for it at a later date.

9. Before the tournament starts you will need to decide what year's stats each of your players will use. You don't need to decide at the time of the draft, but you will need to know before the tourney begins.

10. Draft order. I'll have the offical list up later today but this is how it will be set up.....

If you have the first pick in the draft then you will have the last pick in the 2nd round. If you have the last pick in rounf 1 then you will have the first pick in round 2. T

Everyother round is opposite of the one before it.

LouisvilleLip
08-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Is there anything different from this one and the one ur currently running?

Jose Slaughter
08-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Same game, I'm just looking for a replacement for a guy that bailed on us.

JOneal7
08-12-2004, 12:32 AM
I DIDN'T BAIL! I WANTED INFO ON WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON? THAT SITE OR W/E AND YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO MY PM...SO W/E

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 01:51 AM
I wasn't refering to you.

I dropped you from the game because you are an idiot.

Joel
08-12-2004, 02:28 AM
Looks interesting. I'll play.

Joel
08-12-2004, 02:32 AM
If I can draft anyone, how's this list:

1. Kareem Abdul-jabbar - 1975-76
2. Michael Jordan - 1986-87
3. Wilt Chamberlain - 1961-62
4. Bill Russell - 1963-64
5. Magic Johnson - 1983-84
6. Larry Bird - 1986-87
7. John Stockton - 1989-90
8. Bob Pettit - 1960-61
9. Elgin Baylor - 1960-61
10. Oscar Robertson - 1961-62

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 03:53 AM
Thanks Joel

I just sent you a PM with some info.

TheSauceMaster
08-12-2004, 04:38 AM
I wasn't refering to you.

I dropped you from the game because you are an idiot.

:spitout: :lolchair: :rotflmao:

JOneal7
08-12-2004, 11:35 AM
I'm an idiot? No your the idiot, stupid ***.

NumberSeven
08-12-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm an idiot? No your the idiot, stupid ***.

Doesn't help support the idea that teenagers are more mature or affluent (than they used to be) when it comes to their writing styles or choice of words.

It's: "No" followed by a comma and then "you are" or "you're."

Oh, never mind.

Just stick with the sophmorish juvenile name calling. You'll grow up some day.

kerosene
08-12-2004, 02:38 PM
JO7 is on "vacation" for the time being.

I'm at work and don't have time to sort through all the threads but his remarks are unacceptable here.

Everyone else, try to play nice. Thanks.

RimBender
08-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey I'ma teenager.

Don't put me in the same league...as....well you know.

NumberSeven
08-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Hey I'ma teenager.

Don't put me in the same league...as....well you know.

I promise, I am not.

Just saying he's not scoring any points.

You're okay, Rim.

ChicagoJ
08-12-2004, 04:54 PM
That's the reason, Rim, that we were all shocked to find out you were a teenager.

We've got some smart ones that make positive contributions through well-thought posts like yourself. And we've got some others...

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 05:44 PM
My apologies to my forum friends.

My comments were made in a moment of weakness & afterward I felt they were cheap & uncalled for.

I feel I kindda baited him, knowing full well his reaction.

Although I feel my remarks are true, they should have not been listed here.

Thanks

JOneal7
08-12-2004, 07:13 PM
That's right, I'm sure it's all fine and good for someone to call another person stupid but when reaction is made they get "Sent on vacation"
whatever...play it that way...it really doesn't matter.

RimBender
08-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Wow:blush:, you guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy in the inside.:hippie:

TheSauceMaster
08-12-2004, 07:45 PM
I find it funny people get so worked up over internet text , if I called someone on here the Messiah of Basketball that would be just my opinion and most likely your not gonna go off the deep end. Now if I tell you you suck your probably gonna go off the deep end , I dunno why but what does it hold that someone says your this or that on the internet ? it's just one persons opinion... right ? :laugh:

I am sure some people think I am a idiot and may not even read my post , but it's not gonna stop me or offend me , there are some people here I refuse to read there post , no names mentioned of course :p

SjA3837
08-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Ummm I'm interested. But uh... what's the point of the game? You Draft; and then what?

Jose Slaughter
08-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Following the draft we are having a playoff to see who put together the best team.

kerosene
08-13-2004, 04:44 PM
That's right, I'm sure it's all fine and good for someone to call another person stupid but when reaction is made they get "Sent on vacation"
whatever...play it that way...it really doesn't matter.

You obviously do not understand that this is at least the third time you've called somebody or something on this forum a *** or gay and that's completely unacceptable. I'm taking you off the banned list, but only because you were baited. The next time is the last time. Please keep that in mind.