PDA

View Full Version : You all know I'm no fan of a Peja/Artest swap...

Anthem
08-11-2004, 12:16 AM
But including JJ is, to me, pure insanity. I like to watch players grow... it's one of the main things I like about the NBA. Ron for Peja is a great trade for Sacto, but the idea that WE should include our best prospect is just insulting. If anything, it's the other way around.

Ron for Peja and Songaila is closer to an even trade. Ron's the better player, and he needs less babysitting than Christie's wife. Draft picks from any team with Artest, Brad, Bibby, and Christie won't be worth much. They've also got this guy named Webber holding them back, but that's another story. Even he can't screw up enough to get them a decent draft pick.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that I still think this trade favors Sacto. But it's closer to an even trade. As I said before, Artest/JJ for Peja is depressingly lopsided.

Lord Helmet
08-11-2004, 12:19 AM
I agree.

J-Wont
08-11-2004, 12:27 AM
James Jones = Scrub

TheSauceMaster
08-11-2004, 12:38 AM
When and If a Trade every happens I will worry about it , you guys must be using alot of Ulcer meds lately , all this worry is kinda strange to me.

If they trade Ron , will one of the 1,000+ post change the fact he will be gone or staying ? I doubt it , I guess I am a just a bussiness as usual guy , I don't worry about things til there a problem.

Anthem
08-11-2004, 12:50 AM
If they trade Ron , will one of the 1,000+ post change the fact he will be gone or staying ? I doubt it , I guess I am a just a bussiness as usual guy , I don't worry about things til there a problem.

You're right. This changes nothing. Let's ditch this place and never come back. No posting to PD ever again.

Go ahead, I'm right behind ya.

Anthem
08-11-2004, 12:52 AM
With Peja, Bender, and Jackson ahead oof him, there's no way he's going to see significant playing time.

But when we trade Bender for Dampier, and Reggie goes out for an extended time with a knee injury, Jackson will become our starting 2 and the backup 3 spot will be totally open. We'll need JJ to fill that spot.

Now if we trade Pollard for Ira/Wagner, that changes things. But until then...

EDIT: I broke it!

EDIT 2: Never mind, I fixed it.

TheSauceMaster
08-11-2004, 01:16 AM

You're right. This changes nothing. Let's ditch this place and never come back. No posting to PD ever again.

Go ahead, I'm right behind ya.

I didn't mean it that way , but really this is worse than the TMac episode , surely there is more too talk about than Artest and Peja ;)

indygeezer
08-11-2004, 06:35 AM
like what???

How about Indiana High School BBall and how I think they need to do away with class basketball, eliminate the three point shot, rule illegal any dunk, and go back to bonus free-throws? That would allow for improved shooting and teamwork and eventually allow players from Indiana to once again DOMINATE the NBA!:darkness:

ChicagoJ
08-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Its August and many of us are basketball die-hards. The olympic team isn't going to be enjoyable to watch. I can only stand a certain amount of Recker Park games on NBA-TV. What else are we going to talk about?

Baseball? :sleep:
NASCAR? :puke:
The economy? :suicide:
:idea: Ron and Peja? :nod:

Lord Helmet
08-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Its August and many of us are basketball die-hards. The olympic team isn't going to be enjoyable to watch. I can only stand a certain amount of Recker Park games on NBA-TV. What else are we going to talk about?

Baseball? :sleep:
NASCAR? :puke:
The economy? :suicide:
:idea: Ron and Peja? :nod:
:laugh: