PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Pacers games on NBA TV

Zesty
08-10-2004, 02:34 PM
According to this article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/mini-cowbell/040809) by Bill Simmons, there are some classic Pacers games coming up on NBA TV, starting this weekend.

Saturday, August 14th
Pacers/Celtics, Game 5, 1991, First Round: One of the definitive Larry Legend Games. If you haven't seen this one yet, just remember, he's playing with a minor concussion and a 15-pound back brace when he returns in the second half. I will never forgive Professor Botman for refusing to re-schedule my poly sci exam and making me miss this game in person. I should have just taken the "F." This still haunts me.

Sunday, August 15th

They're running a Reggie-Knicks mini-marathon . . . none of these games had a chance of cracking my weekend, but still.

Game 5, 1994, Eastern Finals: Reggie drops 25 in the fourth, then trash-talks Spike Lee. This game exemplifies everything I've ever loved and hated about the NBA . . . all at the same time.

Game 7, 1994, Eastern Finals: Whatever. This was awful basketball. I remember trying to make myself throw up after this game.

Game 1, 1995, Eastern Semifinals: Reggie bangs home consecutive threes in the final 12 seconds. This one's a little tainted since he pushed off so blatantly before the second three. Seriously, the guy pushed off on just about every big play of his career. It's uncanny.

Game 5, 1995, Eastern Semifinals: Whatever.

Game 7, 1995, Eastern Semifinals: Ewing misses an easy five-footer that would have won the series. Did anyone lose in more agonizing ways than those Riley-era Knicks teams? Why doesn't anyone ever talk about this?

Tuesday, August 17th
Bulls at Pacers, Game 4, 1998, Eastern Finals: This was one of the five or six best games of the past 10 years. Reggie pushes off to make the game-winning three, followed by Bird's classic poker face. My favorite series of the past 10 years, by the way.

So there you go. I suddenly wish I had NBA TV.

Lord Helmet
08-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Why did you put that up?Just to tease me?:cry: I need NBATV!:mad:

Hicks
08-10-2004, 02:42 PM
I get satellite installed Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon I'm gonna try to get League Pass installed instead of waiting a few days lol. I hope I can this early. (League Pass comes with NBATV if you were wondering)

Lord Helmet
08-10-2004, 02:44 PM
I get satellite installed Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon I'm gonna try to get League Pass installed instead of waiting a few days lol. I hope I can this early. (League Pass comes with NBATV if you were wondering)
Quit rubbing it in!:mad: ;)

Fool
08-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Any time I think of Patrick Ewing I think of him getting the ball in the last seconds of a game and bricking that same turn-around, fade-away, 5-7 footer time after time. I don't know why they continued to give it to him through out his career. If anybody's ever been the antithesis of clutch, its Patrick Ewing

naptown
08-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks dude!!

Sorry to those who do not have NBATV yet.

Anthem
08-11-2004, 12:10 AM
You know, that's a stupid comment about the Knicks losing in agonizing ways.

Remember Pat's 7-step travel to win the game? His "alley-oop" that was a blatant offensive goaltend of a missed three? The LJ?

That team pulled more victories out because of poor calls than any team in recent Pacer memory. Those games lit a real fire under the "small market bias" crew.

SoupIsGood
08-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Oh sweet.

I'm tivo'ing every one of those. I manged to never see a few of them.

Anthem
08-11-2004, 12:49 AM
I didn't see any of them "live" as in I was at the arena, but I watched every one of these on TV.

I feel old.

skyfire
08-11-2004, 02:44 AM
any chance you might be digitizing some of those games hicks? ;)

Hicks
08-11-2004, 09:29 AM
any chance you might be digitizing some of those games hicks? ;)

I was just thinking about that. Well, it depends. I don't know until I try, if I can record w/ satellite TV using my TV tuner or not. I'm guessing I might be able to, but like I said, won't know until I try, and I can't try until sometime tomorrow afternoon.

But if I can, yeah I will. My real issue if the Sunday games. I don't have the harddrive space to record more than one game at a time (each will take over 4GB and I have I think 5-8 free.

Now, that means for Saturday I'll record it, then burn the file to a DVD-R, but what if these Sunday games are really close together? I may not have even enough time to burn them if they're really quickly broadcast back to back. But that's the only real issue I can think of. I'll get as many as I can.

ChicagoJ
08-11-2004, 12:22 PM
According to this article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/mini-cowbell/040809) by Bill Simmons, there are some classic Pacers games coming up on NBA TV, starting this weekend.

Saturday, August 14th
Pacers/Celtics, Game 5, 1991, First Round: One of the definitive Larry Legend Games. If you haven't seen this one yet, just remember, he's playing with a minor concussion and a 15-pound back brace when he returns in the second half. I will never forgive Professor Botman for refusing to re-schedule my poly sci exam and making me miss this game in person. I should have just taken the "F." This still haunts me.

I demand Game #4. At least for 48 minutes: Chuck Person >> Larry Bird. :devil:

Lord Helmet
08-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks Hicks!Always being nice to those of us who are less fortunate.