PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Wayne Showing Up at Camp?

Day-V
07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Found this on Reggie's website. Thought I'd share with all the recent uncertainties on Reggie holding out and not showing up to camp.

Is it that time already Colts fans. Seems just like yesterday I cleaning
out my locker getting ready for the off-season. I guest it's true when
they say, "time waits for no man". So Anderson Indiana here come the
Mighty Indianapolis Colts to invade your town for a few weeks. I hope
it's somewhere good to eat In Anderson. (first time Colts have held
training camp in Anderson Indiana in over 10 years) All of my friends
keep telling me how they can't wait for me to go back to work because
they want to see some football. Then we get into a debate about how
they cutting my vacation short. But at the same time, it's raining
everyday in South Florida due to hurricane season. So maybe it is time
to play some football. Not much else to talk about at this point in time.
I'm about to go sit by the pool with a glass of lemonade (that's right
LEMONADE) and enjoy my last few days of freedom. Talk to you soon.
GO COLTS!

I think he would've been ridiculously stupid to hold out and not show up to begin with. I can't wait to see what crazy gimmick he shows up to camp with this year.

Sollozzo
07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
How noble of him.

Psyren
07-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Geez, how nice of you Reggie. Sit around and be an absolutely terrible teammate while everyone works their butts off.

But isn't he just such a freaking saint for finally showing up to something.

Trade him. He's a bad teammate, a whiner, and he's washed up. We don't need him.

Day-V
07-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Trade him. He's a bad teammate, a whiner, and he's washed up. We don't need him.

Well now, I think that's just not fair at all. While I was not a fan of Reggie not showing up to the mini-camp, I thought that he has handled the situation as well as possible. He's had nothing but nice things to say about the team and city during the course of his desire of a contract. In no way do I consider him a whiner. It's simply business and it's understandable. He wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the potential lockout that's coming next season. And washed up? I seriously don't think that's the case either. 100 catches for 1264 yards and 10 TD's and a Pro Bowl selection. If that's "washed up" then I'll take that any day of the week.

Mr_Smith
07-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Geez, how nice of you Reggie. Sit around and be an absolutely terrible teammate while everyone works their butts off.

What the **** are you smokin? :confused: What ever it is I don't want any.

Psyren
07-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Don't get me wrong, a lot of my anger comes just out of frustration. I don't really want Reggie traded, but really it was pathetic.

A lot of players want new contracts when they still have years left. He's not the first. I understand that. But come on. You signed the deal, and it's time you honor it. Peyton wants a new deal, but he's still showing up. Most Colts fans who were upset with him aren't mad he wants more money. He's a good player, and I can't blame him one bit. But when you sign the deal, it is usually expected that you actually honor it and deal with it. He needed to realize that he isn't the top priority, and that until Peyton gets his deal done, the Colts really weren't the least bit concerned with Reggie and his contract. Yet he still acted as if the Colts should pay more attention to him.

It was just pathetic, and I"m used to the Colts players not usually being whiny babies. However, this year seemed to be an exception.

xBulletproof
07-29-2010, 08:48 PM
But when you sign the deal, it is usually expected that you actually honor it and deal with it.

Do you cry like this when the owners dump players on their *** with the biggest part of their contracts coming up to save cap space? This is the NFL. If the owners can dump players like a bad habit to save money, then I see no reason why it's asinine for the players to ask for more money when they produce.

This is a league where a lot of the times, guys sign contracts knowing they won't see the last 2 years of their deal. The 2 highest paying years, btw.

Midcoasted
07-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Do you cry like this when the owners dump players on their *** with the biggest part of their contracts coming up to save cap space? This is the NFL. If the owners can dump players like a bad habit to save money, then I see no reason why it's asinine for the players to ask for more money when they produce.

This is a league where a lot of the times, guys sign contracts knowing they won't see the last 2 years of their deal. The 2 highest paying years, btw.

Finally, someone sees this end of the argument.

thewholefnshow31
07-30-2010, 08:43 AM

Yeah lets trade our best WR who has not had less then 1000 yards since 2003. Then we can have Garcon and Collie as our starters and a WR who is coming off a severe knee injury as our slot WR. That makes a lot of sense.

Reggie has been a fantastic teammate throughout the years and just wants to get paid more just like every other player.

heywoode
07-31-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm glad to have you, Reggie. I think you do a fantastic job, and I want you as a career Colt. You have been a major factor in the success of the Colts every season of your career, and I have no doubt you will continue to impress.

If I was the owner, I would pay you whatever it took to keep you in Blue.

GO COLTS!