PDA

View Full Version : Brad Nessler and Trent Dilfer to cover the Chargers/Chiefs game on MNF Sept 13

Basketball Fan
07-26-2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2010-07-25-joe-theismann-notre-dame-nbc_N.htm

Dilfer gets NFL gig:

ESPN will formally announce today that analyst Trent Dilfer, along with veteran play-caller Brad Nessler, will work the San Diego-Kansas City late game of its Sept. 13 opening Monday night doubleheader.

ESPN has used various analysts — including Mike Golic, Mike Ditka, Dick Vermeil and Steve Young— as analysts in that one doubleheader in its Monday lineup. Dilfer, a 14-year NFL quarterback who led Baltimore to a win in Super Bowl XXXV, joined ESPN as a studio analyst after retiring from the NFL in July, 2008.

Sunday, Dilfer said getting into broadcasting "kind of happened, it was never on my radar as a player. I actually thought it would be something I'd never do." Dilfer worked one college game — Central Michigan-Ball State — and expects to work another one this season. "My approach is simple. I never felt I reached my potential as a player, so I don't want that to happen as a broadcaster. I want to reach my potential and I'm working very hard at it."