PDA

View Full Version : What current NBA team could take Team USA?

3Ball
08-09-2004, 01:35 PM
There's been a lot of talk lately about how Team USA is our second string unit that deserves to lose. But seriously, this is a damn good team. They're no Dream Team, but they're pretty stocked. I mean, they've got the 2 winners of 3 out of the last 4 mvp awards. They've got the best forward in the game. They've got 2 of the best coaches in NBA history. They've got the 3 most exciting rookies from last year (and the most exciting rookie from the year before).

Any NBA team with 2 superstars is considered a major contender. Well, Team USA has Duncan and Iverson. Like Stein pointed out earlier this month, can you imagine a team landing BOTH Lebron AND Carmello.

Now, Team USA is working out some kinks. They're clearly not playing as a team just yet, but can you imagine them playing a full NBA season? Is there any team out there that could beat them?

Roy Munson
08-09-2004, 01:40 PM
The USA Olympic team is proving that there is a helluva lot more to a good basketball team than a bunch of good players.

To answer the question, "What current NBA team could take Team USA?. I'd have to say "most of them".

If the olympic team were allowed to play together for about 6 months and develop some chemistry and urgency to their play, then I might say, "just a couple of them".

Burt_Reincarnated
08-09-2004, 01:44 PM
cool post, I was thinking about this the other day. I would bet the farm that the Pistons or Pacers from last season would destroy the USA team, by over 30pts. Obviously the players aren't as talented on the pacers and pistons, but they have been playing together a long time. chemistry and knowing how your teamates are going to play, offensively and defensively is so important.

In fact, probably half or more of the nba teams would beat them in a 7 game series.

Arcadian
08-09-2004, 01:45 PM
I agree with Roy most NBA teams would beat the Olympic squad because of chemistry issues. Given time to gel they would be much better.

How many NBA teams do you think would lose to Italy?

ABADays
08-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I agree, most of them.

3Ball
08-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Right now I agree, but what about after a full NBA season? Come to think of it, most of the teams in the NBA haven't played with their current starting lineup yet! Team USA has more games together than LA, Dallas, Heat, Houston, and about half of the rest of the NBA...