View Full Version : 7th Semi-Annual Forum Party

Jose Slaughter
08-09-2004, 11:17 AM
We have a date & location.

November 27th

Castleton Pizza King

Two reasons for the early annoucement.

1. It is two days after Thanksgiving.

2. Able might be flying in from overseas & I wanted to make sure he has plenty of time to make arrangements.

I'll start up my now famous list thread around the first of October.

Hicks
08-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Well, if you want to make this the pre-signup thread, count me in for going.

ChicagoJ
08-09-2004, 12:12 PM
I should be "in". Count me at 99% certainty.

MagicRat
08-09-2004, 12:27 PM
I should be "in". Count me at 99% certainty.

Are you sure about 99%? Traffic will probably be pretty bad on a holiday weekend......:p

Kegboy
08-09-2004, 12:34 PM
I thought we were gonna look at someplace that'd be open later. It might be awfully cold standing out in the parking lot.

ChicagoJ
08-09-2004, 12:35 PM
:punch:

I no longer consider Castleton traffic to be "traffic". Don't make open up a can of Chicago-snob brand whup-@$$ on you. :p

Doug
08-09-2004, 12:47 PM
I thought we were gonna look at someplace that'd be open later. It might be awfully cold standing out in the parking lot.

I think the Hooters across the parking lot is open late.

Hicks
08-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I think it'd be pretty easy to meet at the Pizza King like normal, then just hop over to Hooters after PK closes.

Kegboy
08-09-2004, 12:58 PM
That's fine.

Gyron
08-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Indiana is a virtual tropical paradise in November kegboy....

I can't imgine it being cold that night.....:laugh:

ABADays
08-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Able sent me a PM stating he would like to have it at PT's.

able
08-09-2004, 03:35 PM
hmmmmm

I was gonna say it was 95% sure I would be coming, (there will be uncertainty due to work till the last moment, but that is a small percentage) but after reading the aba comment i have to reconsider.......

obnoxiousmodesty
08-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Nice Sky Captain avatar Jose.

I should be able to make it. I'll know more later.

Jose Slaughter
08-09-2004, 04:43 PM
I had thought we would be going to Perkins following our forced removal from the King. After all, Perkins is open 24 hours. You know we would sooner or later get the boot form Hooter too.

Thanks obnoxiousmodesty, I can't wait to see that movie.

Doug
08-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Perkins works, too.

Oh, I should be there. That Saturday night is our traditional "put up the Christmas tree night", but I might have to rearrange family tradition a bit this time around.

able
08-09-2004, 05:09 PM
OK some questions pertaining order of the day :)

A. decent hotel in the neighbourhood?
B. tickets: thinking "fun" tickets (decent view, noise etc pref close to some people from the forum) for Nov 25 and trying to get lower part (close to or courtside) against Bobcats, since I presume that will not be a sell out type of game :)
Is my thiunking right, what kinda money am i looking at? and Ticketmaster has no tickets up that I can find, but I assume I can call the CFH for tickets as well? now for Nov 25th that is likely the best way, but for Bobcats? I believe we have some brokers on here that mightg be able to help me fullfill my wish? (and it would get me closer to players to get some autographs :) )

looking forward to knowledge.

And yes; I will be flying in Nov 25 (if time allows or otherwise 24) and fly out Nov 28.

I am only flying in for the games and the party.

JOneal7
08-09-2004, 07:37 PM
count me in! 99.9% baby!
we really ought to set up a forum bball game tho :-/

able
08-09-2004, 07:39 PM
what's the legal age in Indy <weg> ?

JOneal7
08-09-2004, 07:44 PM
lol^^^^
Root beers fine for me!
that's what's up....2 bad there won't be anyone round my age...but you know i can hang with the older folkes when it comes to knowledge...:)

Jose Slaughter
08-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Legal is 21 here in Indy.

Isn't there a couple hotels right at the Castleton exit?

I don't stay at hotels so I couldn't tell ya a good one from a bad one.

I think there is a Hampton Inn at the 82nd street exit. Castleton however is on the opposite site of the city from the airport.

If you want to stay over by the airport you would have lots of options. Just about everyone is over there.

Doug in CO
08-09-2004, 09:54 PM
I will be there - coming in from out of town - hope to meet some of the old timers from the STAR board (Peck, etc.). I may even bring the boy as he has been thoroughly brainwashed.

Unclebuck
08-10-2004, 12:28 AM
I don't think I can make it

able
08-10-2004, 05:40 AM

UB!

I am gonna fly 6500 miles one way just to meet with you and you say you don't think you can make it??

Can we at least meet at one of the games??

TheSauceMaster
08-10-2004, 08:51 AM

Maybe it was the PT's Comment that scared him away :confused::confused:

:p:p:p:p

Gyron
08-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Another thing I learned living in Indy able. DO NOT take a cab from the airport. They have what they call shared ride limo's that are much cheaper, and a nicer way to travel:) And I believe you could even book one from the hotel to conseco as well.

If I still lived there I would come pick you up and volunteer to help you get arond that weekend. But unfortunately, I'm in North Carolina now:(

I may be in town that weekend. If I am, I'll be happy to give you a ride to the game or such.

I'll have to let you know as it gets closer. My wife is now thinking christmas instead of thanksgiving for our Indiana trip so it might take me off the party list:(

bulletproof
08-10-2004, 10:23 AM
able, the Allisonville Road exit is really close to the Castleton Pizza King. You should be able to find a decent hotel in that area. And overall it's a pretty nice area. Not too convenient to Conseco, however. So you could do one of two things: Get a place downtown near Conseco and make the haul to the CPK, or get a place near the CPK, and make the haul to Conseco. It's actually not that far either way. 20-25 minutes.

But I'm not from Indy, so there might be some people here who could give you better advice on where to stay, etc.

DisplacedKnick
08-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Able, About 5 miles East of where this is held is Michigan Rd - near what's called The Pyramids. There's a pretty good Holiday Inn, an Embassy Suites and I think a couple of other hotels there. This is right off I-465. That would be my recommendation - it's about a 10 minute drive and not too tough (though a longer drive) to get to Conseco from.

Or you could stay in one of the downtown hotels and drive up for the party. Indy's downtown isn't too bad though Union Station's closing has hurt it some (IMO anyway).

Unclebuck
08-10-2004, 10:45 AM

UB!

I am gonna fly 6500 miles one way just to meet with you and you say you don't think you can make it??

Can we at least meet at one of the games??

I was only joking. I'll do what I can to be there.

Hicks
08-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Just don't expect him to talk to you. Or anyone. :p :D

ABADays
08-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Able - if you need a ride from and to the airport I will be happy to pick you up and show you around.

JOneal7
08-11-2004, 09:33 AM
This should be an interesting little part that's for sure!

Ragnar
08-11-2004, 09:52 AM
If Able can fly in from the UK I can drag my @ss down to Indy.

RWB
08-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Put us down as Maybe Jose and if there happens to be snow and ice that day put us down as No Way. She doesn't do bad weather. Now can someone give me back by balls? ;)