PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sanders career over?

makaveli
07-19-2010, 12:33 PM
"There is some concern Colts safety Bob Sanders might never be able to play football again, with his shoulder and bicep issues. He reduced his contract, but his rehab has been slow."

~Michael Lombardi, NFL.com on July 18, 2010.

Shade
07-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Not even mildly surprised.

btowncolt
07-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Why would he have been participating with a full green light during the most recent voluntary camp if this was still an issue? I've also not seen anything about his contract being reduced.

Obviously, Bob has some injury issues. Maybe they're long-term. But his participation to date this year in all activities makes this dubious, at best.

If he's sitting out all of training camp then maybe we have a different issue. Him missing every other day wouldn't be news; even in his healthy years he sat out days in training camp all the time for precautionary reasons.

Bball
07-19-2010, 12:38 PM
"There is some concern Colts safety Bob Sanders might never be able to play football again, with his shoulder and bicep issues. He reduced his contract, but his rehab has been slow."

~Michael Lombardi, NFL.com on July 18, 2010.

If he was to never play again he would only be playing slightly less than he does now....

Lord Helmet
07-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Latest I heard was from John Clayton saying that the Colts are just being cautious and I thought he said that he was expected to be ready for camp later this month.

SoupIsGood
07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I pretty much already consider his career over. We should have traded him after he won Defense MVP.

Day-V
07-19-2010, 01:01 PM
He participated fully in the mini-camp workout in June. Full drills and all. Saw it with my own 2 eyes.

He's fine.

btowncolt
07-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm not normally one to throw out the "OMG THE SOURCES LOL" card, but I texted someone I know who would have an educated response to this report. They had no idea what Mike is talking about - doesn't mean it can't be true, but I find this to be dubious (at best) after communicating with my friend.

indygeezer
07-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Is that "reduced contract" or "reduced contact" ????

NOTE...that is a legit question not a joke.

graphic-er
07-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Its amazing how much the hero has fallen from his mighty steed to become the butt of a bunch of sad one-liners.

SMosley21
07-19-2010, 04:21 PM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2vvperl.jpg

xBulletproof
07-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I'll joke about him as much as the next guy, but when he hangs them up I will remember, and give thanks for that short stint of AMAZING football he played. He is possibly a bigger reason than any other player that the Colts have a Super Bowl win in Indianapolis.

For that alone, I will always remember him and be excited that we were the team that drafted that anvil that was dropped on opposing RB's, even if for only a short while.

Mr_Smith
07-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Didn't he just say he was fine about a month ago during minicamp??:confused: I am mentally drained discussing him, but he's a hell of a player when healthy. As Tony Dungy always said and now Jim Caldwell says: Next Man up.....Melvin Bullitt!

heywoode
07-19-2010, 11:11 PM
I hope Bob can play and fill whatever role he's capable of filling. One thing is for sure, what Bob gives will be 100% of what Bob has to give. I'll take him on my team any day of the week, and he'll forever be a great Colt if he never plays another down. I pray that is not the case!

Day-V
07-19-2010, 11:18 PM
I'll take him on my team any day of the week, and he'll forever be a great Colt if he never plays another down. I pray that is not the case!

lol, he's fine dude. He didn't even have any protective padding on his arm and/or shoulder at the mini-camp practice. He looked great.

Dude will be ready to go come September. I have zero doubts.

Mr_Smith
07-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Just read that the colts and Bob Sander's agent are denying the reports now and that he is fine....sorry don't have a link.

Since86
07-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Is that "reduced contract" or "reduced contact" ????

NOTE...that is a legit question not a joke.

On my way into work today, I was listening to Dakich and he was discussing it. He said that Bob did give money back to the team, and his guest (I forget who) noted how extremely unusual it was for players to do so.

heywoode
07-20-2010, 04:08 PM
lol, he's fine dude. He didn't even have any protective padding on his arm and/or shoulder at the mini-camp practice. He looked great.

Dude will be ready to go come September. I have zero doubts.

I thought about the tone of my last sentence after I posted it and should've edited it to not seem like I assumed he wouldn't play or that he might be done...

I meant it the same way I would say it about Peyton...

makaveli
07-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Apparently Greg Doyle from CBS sports was on MPOS and insinuated that Bob's chronic injuries are a result of steroid abuse. Maybe that's the reason for the return of some money.

Heres the quote from the WNDE twitter.. "Gregg Doyel hinted to Mark that the reason for Bob Sanders' reoccurring injuries might be from steroid use.... http://fb.me/C8WSbrnr "

http://twitter.com/wnde

jeffg-body
07-20-2010, 11:26 PM
They were showing him on TV tonight on the channel 6 news and he looked pretty good. But doing drills and light practice is not game speed. Hopefully that biceps tendon and should stay intact this season and Bob can continue his dominance for at least a few more years.

Since86
07-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Apparently Greg Doyle from CBS sports was on MPOS and insinuated that Bob's chronic injuries are a result of steroid abuse. Maybe that's the reason for the return of some money.

Heres the quote from the WNDE twitter.. "Gregg Doyel hinted to Mark that the reason for Bob Sanders' reoccurring injuries might be from steroid use.... http://fb.me/C8WSbrnr "

http://twitter.com/wnde

Except the fact that steriods are used to help you stay healthy, and recover more quickly.

But yeah, other than it being a direct contradiction, it's such a responsible thing to insinuate.

EDIT: I really should add on. It's true your body starts breaking down, once you get off steriods, but considering Bob has been injury prone ever since he got in the league, I hardly doubt that's his problem.

His problem is easily identifiable. He plays wreckless. He has even said himself that he tries to hit people so hard, it knocks him on his butt.

Really?
07-21-2010, 02:09 PM
I like our draft pick but it would have been interesting to see what Taylor Mays would have did as a COLT....

Pacers2012
07-22-2010, 02:53 AM
I think Bob is just fine. The media loves to run with stories about the Colts. I just hope he stays healthy for all the playoffs cause he is going to be flying all over the field and blitzing alot. He only knows one speed which is full throttle.