PDA

View Full Version : DON'T TRADE RON FOR PEJA!!!!!!!!!!

JOneal7
08-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Peja isn't a ron type defender....so we basically leave SJax on the best guy of each team? HELLO! Rip, Tmac,Pierce, would all burn SJax sadly. And i like SJax don't get me wrong but still. And did anyone notice ron is basically are only tough guy? I mean JO yes but ron is that bruiser and i think we would really miss ron if he was gone. I know he messed up with that stupid flagrant foul in the detroit closing minutes but i still like ron. Peja Dissapeared for the kings in the playoffs. A non factor and they still took the twolves to seven and was one shot away from sending it to OT. Peja isn't the answer! We need that one guy who can defend in ron. And i think SJax will be our sg heir to reggie. All this peja stuff is nonsense. You guys are willing to get rid of bender, cro, and ron for this guy? and i hear bring back brad? Well heck we gave away brad in the first place to sacramento!
Overall i don't like this whole peja to indy thing.

Hicks
08-08-2004, 04:10 PM
If you had added just one more "!" and one more word in all caps, I would have done a complete 180 and agreed with you. Seriously.

:D :cool:

JOneal7
08-08-2004, 04:16 PM
PEJA WON'T BE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW YA LIKE THAT HICKS! WHAT!

RimBender
08-08-2004, 04:18 PM
:fly:

Hicks
08-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Peja will wear blue and gold this fall. :cool:

RimBender
08-08-2004, 04:21 PM
hehe Hicks.

I don't know, I'm 50/50 on this. I LOVE Ron's D.
But I guess Peja would be a good replacement. IF it happens.

Lord Helmet
08-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Yea I agree with RimBender.If we trade Ron it should be for either Peja or Pierce.Yes I love Ron's D he can shutdown whatever star each opposing team has and I love that.But you have to love Peja's offense.

RimBender
08-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Shoot, If we could get Pierce, do it!

Is it even a possibility?!

Pierce is a great (Sometimes Selfish) player.(He did have a triple doeble 1-2 times last season).

Lord Helmet
08-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Shoot, If we could get Pierce, do it!

Is it even a possibility?!

Pierce is a great (Sometimes Selfish) player.(He did have a triple doeble 1-2 times last season).
I think Ainge has said he isn't shoping Pierce and I can't blame him Pierce is good and he can score in the playoffs.I was just saying that Peja and Pierce are the only two guys I would consider trading Ron for.

RimBender
08-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Gotcha :cool:

Sollozzo
08-08-2004, 04:44 PM
LOL......When I saw the title for this thread, I knew it had to be from JONeal7.

Lord Helmet
08-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Gotcha :cool:
Well during the off-season I guess anything is possible.But I do doubt that the Celts would trade Pierce.And on to the Ron for Peja deal I actually think that could happen whether I like it or not.(You should know by now I am a Ronnie supporter)Who knows what will happen but I can assure you that Donnie and Larry know what they are doing.

kybjones
08-08-2004, 05:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040622

31. Peja Stojakovic -- This can't be emphasized strongly enough: He's been dreadful in the playoffs. If you're looking for someone to drop 38 on the Hawks in mid-February, he's your guy. If you're looking for someone to make big shots in May and June, keep looking. If the Kings were smart, they would trade him for ...

30. Ron Artest -- Think about that one. Indiana gets a shooter to replace Reggie Miller. Sacramento gets some much-needed toughness and swagger -- at least for a couple of years, before Artest punches out a ballboy or trashes the old "Real World: Vegas" suite at The Palms. Who doesn't make this trade?

Mr. Pink
08-08-2004, 07:17 PM
I was gonna argue what all he said...but then I remember who said it. This kid is stupid.

Peja a NON-FACTOR in the playoffs? I just gotta shake my head.

swoop
08-08-2004, 07:20 PM
If we trade ron i want the matrix or pierce, i just dont like peja:pimp:

sweabs
08-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Hicks...let's be honest.

You just want Peja so your NBA Live 2004 team can give it to him all day and let him rain 3's right???

:cool:

swoop
08-08-2004, 07:21 PM
double post:rolleyes:

Hoop
08-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Peja will wear blue and gold this fall. :cool:

:puke:

JOneal7
08-08-2004, 09:53 PM
I was gonna argue what all he said...but then I remember who said it. This kid is stupid.

wow, why not go ring some cowbells and hope cwebb is healthy for a full season before coming on here.
Then again, with the west rising and the east coming on strong. The Kings are finished so you have a right to be mad. Give me pejas stats and shooting % in that twolves series. And you tell me he didn't choke. The Kings had there shot, and in "Sacto" as you put it, all there is to do is the kings. Sadly there banking on an aging chris webber and a guy who's wife will kill a fan if they say the wrong thing about her hubby. lol, boy the kings are on the right track! Well you are right, I havent figured peja in this, but it's obvious he doesn't want to be there. And boy good ole coach rick...we need a 3 to win! Who do we give the ball to! CHRIS WEBBER! He must have had a lot of confidence in peja to call that one huh ;). I mean he was KILLING THE WOLVES IN THE PLAYOFFS right? NO WAY HE DIDN'T CHOKE IN THAT SERIES... Correct?

And I'm stupid? your stupid B*tch.

Hicks
08-08-2004, 10:01 PM
The name calling stops now, children.

Lord Helmet
08-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Ok, JO, I usually agree with you, but Artest dissapeared in the ECF, and you can do C-Webb all you want, they Kings are no scrub team to be ignored. Just a FYI, just like Peja didnt put up any numbers, neither did Artest.

And one great think about this place is there are no imature comments, like namecalling. Out of respect for the community, I would like to see it stay that way.

Thank you and Good night

-vapacersfan
I agree with VA.The Kings are no scrub team.

Hoop
08-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Playoffs - First 2 Rounds

Peja
RD1 PTs 18.2 - FG% 42.2 - 3PT% 28.6 - REB 8.8 - APG 1.4
RD2 PTs 17.0 - FG% 35.7 - 3PT% 34.2 - REB 5.7 - APG 1.6

Ron
RD1 PTs 20.3 - FG% 41.8 - 3PT% 30.8 - REB 5.0 - APG 4.3
RD2 PTs 21.3 - FG% 44.0 - 3PT% 40.9 - REB 5.5 - APG 3.5

Ron carried the Pacers the first 2 rounds and completely shut down Paul Pierce and Caron Butler.

Peja was the 3rd scorer for the Kings in the first 2 rounds and failed miserably to even come close to his regular season numbers and I doubt he shut down anybody.....ever.

Anthem
08-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Playoffs - First 2 Rounds

Peja
RD1 PTs 18.2 - FG% 42.2 - 3PT% 28.6 - REB 8.8 - APG 1.4
RD2 PTs 17.0 - FG% 35.7 - 3PT% 34.2 - REB 5.7 - APG 1.6

Ron
RD1 PTs 20.3 - FG% 41.8 - 3PT% 30.8 - REB 5.0 - APG 4.3
RD2 PTs 21.3 - FG% 44.0 - 3PT% 40.9 - REB 5.5 - APG 3.5

Ron carried the Pacers the first 2 rounds and completely shut down Paul Pierce and Caron Butler.

Peja was the 3rd scorer for the Kings in the first 2 rounds and failed miserably to even come close to his regular season numbers and I doubt he shut down anybody.....ever.

Wow. Just... wow. I knew Ron was good in the first two rounds, but I'd forgotten how good. Notice that in both rounds, he shot a better percentage from long range than mr "best shooter in the NBA?"

No doubt in my mind that a 1-for-1 swap lets the Kings get the better player.

EDIT: Just saw the assists numbers. Is that normal? Aren't the Kings supposed to be the best-passing team in the NBA?

Hicks
08-09-2004, 12:40 AM
How many shots did each player take?

Anthem
08-09-2004, 12:56 AM
How many shots did each player take?

Is it me, or are Peja's stats gone? You think NBA.com knows something we dont? ;)

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/predrag_stojakovic/

Hicks
08-09-2004, 01:04 AM
They're gone for me too, but then I also checked Ron, Reggie, Bender, and Shawn Bradley and got the same thing.

indytoad
08-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Doesn't Peja become a free agent after next season? Do you really think we'll pay him the money he demands? Aren't we essentially trading Ron for a year of Peja? And even if we do resign Peja, in a couple years Ron'll be in his prime with a nice slim contract and Peja'll be declining with a big fat contract.

Ugh. The longer this goes on the more I hate this trade. We'll be closing our window much faster if this goes down.

IndyToad
Would that cheer you up?

Anthem
08-09-2004, 01:10 AM
They're gone for me too, but then I also checked Ron, Reggie, Bender, and Shawn Bradley and got the same thing.

Shawn Bradley? :o Your sources must be even better than bulletproof's! I haven't seen his name anywhere!

:laugh:

Unclebuck
08-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Doesn't Peja become a free agent after next season? Do you really think we'll pay him the money he demands? Aren't we essentially trading Ron for a year of Peja? And even if we do resign Peja, in a couple years Ron'll be in his prime with a nice slim contract and Peja'll be declining with a big fat contract.

Ugh. The longer this goes on the more I hate this trade. We'll be closing our window much faster if this goes down.

IndyToad
Would that cheer you up?

You're the first person to bring this up.

Great point

Hicks
08-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Peja is a free agent after TWO seasons. The same off-season, I might add, that Reggie and Pollard's contract come off the books.

obnoxiousmodesty
08-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Well, one way or the other, I've about had it with this trade speculation. Something definite better happen soon.

Merz
08-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Peja is not a Pacer, Hicks, whats with the avatar?. Why are you sellin' out on Ron-Ron. for shame :tsk:
(sorry to single you out but that Peja avatar from a Pacer fan just rubs me the wrong way)
One bad playoff series and you, along with others, want to ship him out. Were all of you wanting JO gone after the first round loss to the Nets?

This team won 61 games last season and Artest was a huge part of it. I know many of you think the Pacers can't beat the Pistons with this current team, well I believe they can. The Pacers were not exactly dominated, and the playoff experience will due wonders for the team. If Peja replaces Ron on this team this will not be the same team. They will not be a 61 win team gaining a shooter. They may gain Peja's shooting but they will lose much of what got them to win last season. With a healthy JO and Tinsley, another year of experience (including actual playoff experience), and hopefully some improved shooting from within and SJax and this team should be back and will hopefully know what to do to win a championship (exactly how is Peja going to add that anyway?)

Hicks
08-09-2004, 01:57 AM
I don't want to ship Ron out. I'm just accepting of this trade. There's a difference. The reason is, I like Peja, and I get the fact that we would never trade Ron without good reasons. And since I expect this trade to happen, I believe there are said reasons, whatever they may be. So, it works for me. If Ron didn't have any issues, I guarantee you they'd never even think about trading him.

Mr. Pink
08-09-2004, 02:02 AM

wow, why not go ring some cowbells and hope cwebb is healthy for a full season before coming on here.
Then again, with the west rising and the east coming on strong. The Kings are finished so you have a right to be mad. Give me pejas stats and shooting % in that twolves series. And you tell me he didn't choke. The Kings had there shot, and in "Sacto" as you put it, all there is to do is the kings. Sadly there banking on an aging chris webber and a guy who's wife will kill a fan if they say the wrong thing about her hubby. lol, boy the kings are on the right track! Well you are right, I havent figured peja in this, but it's obvious he doesn't want to be there. And boy good ole coach rick...we need a 3 to win! Who do we give the ball to! CHRIS WEBBER! He must have had a lot of confidence in peja to call that one huh ;). I mean he was KILLING THE WOLVES IN THE PLAYOFFS right? NO WAY HE DIDN'T CHOKE IN THAT SERIES... Correct?

And I'm stupid? your stupid B*tch.

I'm sorry, Hicks. I just can't let this kid talk to me without a few words of mine own.

Great insult on the cowbells! Since it was proven to be effective during games that cowbells make enough noise that the Opposing coach has to wear earplugs. Good one.

You should hope JO is healthy for all of next season. You never know when the injury bug might plague your player. Try not to jinx him.

How can the West rise anymore? They were the better conference 5 years. True the East is coming on strong, but how do you figure that the Kings are finished?

If you consider Peja choking in the play-offs because he didn't put up his usually scoring numbers and percentage...then you're right he did choke. But as everyone says, you have to play D to win as well. Go to the Dallas series, and look at every close game. Each time Dallas needed one score to win. Peja gaurded the guy each time and came up with the defensive play.

Peja stood his own in the T-Wolves series. He may have not put up the points, but he made the assists and rebounds.

Actually with you ranting on about Chris Webber taking that last 3 is quite a consideration of how serious the T-Wolves took Peja as a threat. On that last play they DOUBLED TEAMED him. For Chris Webber to come that close to hitting that three with KG all over him...with his shot RIMMING IN AND OUT! Seriously please think before you speak. I was damned proud of the effort of them that night. That YEAR.

I'm not mad at the Kings...I'm proud as I was from day 1 to be a Kings fan. 6 years ago I started to love the Kings...and I still do.

If Peja doesn't want to be a King anymore...then so be it. I have all the confidence in the world that the Kings management will work this out or make a trade for equal or more value than Peja is worth.

There Hicks, no name calling. Just proving that he is what I said he was.

SoupIsGood
08-09-2004, 09:53 AM
I really hope Donnie doesn't do this Ron for Peja trade. I think it's easy to see that the Kings would get the better deal in that trade. We would be much better off tradeing ron for a good, young starting quality center. If we trade Ron for a SF nothing besides Pierce or Marion would be equal value, IMO. However, if the best we can get is Ron for Peja, I saw screw it, and wait a while. Some superstar will eventually demand a trade. It's only a matter of time before pierce does, I think. One more terrible season and he's out.

DisplacedKnick
08-09-2004, 10:19 AM
This would be a bad deal for Indy. You'd lose more on the defensive side of the ball than you'd gain on offense - though a Peja-JO duo could be devastating. Talk about making teams pay for doubling the post ...

indygeezer
08-09-2004, 10:24 AM
We also lose all those Excedrin moments.

JOneal7
08-09-2004, 07:19 PM
yeah you proved a point alright. I'm sure the twolves where so scared peja would hit a 3. He hit them all night right? and webber came off a pick and they still had a hand in his face. Good defense. He wouldn't have been guarded that close if someone was doubled. If peja was doubled why not hit the open man? or was that just bad floor spacing? face it kings are done. Sadly they had there chance and blew it. They won't win a title for 10-15 yrs with tmac-yao roaming and of course the east rising.
As for those cowbells, good idea, let's just annoy the crap out of the other team. I know indy fans remember the "Pinwheels" they banned in the magic series. Surprised they haven't banned those stupid bells.

SkipperZ
08-09-2004, 07:38 PM
I usually never agree with JOneal, but ummm I don't think Sacramento is as bad of a team as he's making them out to be, or a bad team at all,

but I don't see them ever winnign a championship until they make BIG changes in their team. CWebb is a good player, but for what he brings to the table taking into consideration his injury concerns and his ineffectiveness in the playoffs, plus him mouthing off to the press about his team after the FIRST season in god knows how many years that he didn't get injured in the playoffs, they cannot win with him on that team or at least with him being the team's so called leader.

The team IS soft, they play no defense even though they have players like Bobby and Christie that can play some de. Run and gun does not cut it. Even the showtime Lakers had some great defensive players. You cannot just run and gun and hope to win 4 7 game series in a row. It just does not happen.

There IS a reason why the kings and dallas always have so much potential and talent and a team "capable" of winning the championship but for the last 6 years that dallas and sacremento were so called contenders, it was LA and SA in the finals every year.

And quite honestly their coach is overrated. Adelmann will never win a championship. But his team apparently does well enough that they cannot justify firing him. They really should.

The team is built for the fans. Its built to entertain, and its built to win just enough games to keep fans happy. But until they make major changes, its not built to win the championship.

Artest for Peja would definitely put them on the right track, but not without a new coach in my opinion.

SkipperZ
08-09-2004, 07:50 PM
And I also agree with Joneal taht we should not make this trade.

To say that losing Artest will not hurt that much defensively because of the system that Carlisle has is ludicrous. There is not one other player in the NBA this side of big ben that makes such a singlehanded difference in the NBA.

The luxury of putting him on the other teams best wing player and most likely getting a shutdown game is not a luxury that can be compensated by a team effort. How much better does a team defense look when you can keep the ball out of the opposing team's superstar's hand. Carlisle is a GREAT coach. But as a head coach he has both times had the honor of coaching one of the two best defensive players in the game. That will make ANYONE's team defensive scheme look better.

The Pacers wont be giving up 100 pts a game because of Peja. They will still be a good defensive team, I grant you that. But up by 5 with 2 minutes left, Ron Artest is the guy to lock down that star player to keep the game out of reach. Hell Ron Artest is the guy to constantly hound said star player for the previous 46 minutes to tire him out mentally and physically by that point. Most teams rely on that one player to drive them to victory offensively, and Ron disrupts taht better than any player in the league.

If Ron is a problem moreso than we know, and we nEED to get rid of him, if Bird and Donnie think he is ready to self destruct, and if he is a problem in the lockerroom, by all means do the trade. Peja is still a fabulous player, whos outside shooting is unrivaled in todays NBA. By far the best shooter ive ever seen this side of Reggie in his prime. But otherwise u cant make this deal.

JOneal7
08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
see I don't think this team has the problem scoring like you most make it out to be. Sure we did vs detroit but so did they! two really good defensive teams grinding it out. Had we been playing the kings i bet we would have scored 110+. The west doesn't play defense! Indianas a good team and i'm not saying pejas a bad defender. But who would you rather guard Tmac, up 1...10 seconds to go. Game on the line in the NBA Finals? Peja? or Ron? (or for that matter Sjax)? Peja would help us, but he isn't a necessity on this team. We did win 61 games and had not JO been on one leg and guys limping it out and that one extra guy (Sjax) been there we would have been hoisting that trophy. Detroit was better in that series...they are not better in the long run. A bounce here a bounce there and we win the title. So no need for all this blow it up crap. Keep the core, add SJax and let's roll the dice.