PDA

View Full Version : Kidd To Minny

purdue101
08-08-2004, 02:48 PM
some guy on the sportsline board is reporting that a minnesota radio station (KFAN i believe) said that kidd could be going to minny for wally and cassell.

Cactus Jax
08-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Why??? This has to be a joke. Wally has a huge, long contract, and Cassell is getting older. Unless Wally's contract is shorter than I think it is then NJ has NO reason to do this.

purdue101
08-08-2004, 02:52 PM
i'm just reporting what i read, it's under the "rumor mill" board at cbssportsline.com

Lord Helmet
08-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Would that even be a good trade for Minn?

Cactus Jax
08-08-2004, 02:57 PM
I could only see this if Jefferson secretly wanted Kidd out, or if Kidd's knee is really bad.

SycamoreKen
08-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Why??? This has to be a joke. Wally has a huge, long contract, and Cassell is getting older. Unless Wally's contract is shorter than I think it is then NJ has NO reason to do this.

Wally and Kids contracts are the same length, but Cassels only has 2 years left. They would pay Cassel and Wally the same amount as Kidd for the next 2 seasons, but then pay 5, 7, and 8 million less over the life of Wally's contract. They would come out ahead in this deal.

SycamoreKen
08-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Would that even be a good trade for Minn?

For the next 2 years, it would be the same amount of money as I stated above. Kidd and Cassel are both hurt, so it comes down to being stuck paying 30 to 40 million a year to Kidd and Garnett for the remander of Kidd's contract.

Kegboy
08-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Wonder what the contex was. There's a huge difference between "this might happen" or "theoretically it could happen because the salaries match." :rolleyes:

Speaking of insane radio people, you wouldn't believe the stuff I heard when I was out in LA, before Shaq was traded. One host was espousing a three way trade with us and Dallas, where we gave up Ron, Al, and JB, and only got Nash and Daniels in return.

:lolchair:

Fool
08-09-2004, 12:09 PM
The Nets would get a scoring PG and a shooter (they desperately need more points) and Minny would get a play making ability of Kidd. IMO the Nets would do this but Minny might not. Minn counts on Cassell to score and in his absence Wally is their number 3 scorer. Minn would need Wally if they traded Cassell for Kidd unless they think a healthy Hudson can make up the scoring.

On the other hand
pg-Kidd
sg-Hudson
sf-Spree
pf-KG
c-Kandi

looks a lot like the Nets before Martin left.