PDA

View Full Version : This forum seems to forget

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 03:01 PM
How big of a threat JO is in the post. Some people are talking like we wouldn't have any inside presence if Artest goes. I think if anything it makes JO stronger down low. Making him the focus. Also Peja doesn't have to have the ball very long and coming from the Kings, he'll pass well. Also he can feed JO. I like this deal. JMHO.

Kstat
08-07-2004, 03:09 PM
The second you trade Ron for Peja, I'm going to pencil in the Pistons as the eastern conference champs next season. :champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne::champ agne:

RimBender
08-07-2004, 03:10 PM
AHHHH!

No, not Peja. Why Peja?!

Someone tell me why we want Peja over Artest.

I don't understand why, I HATE Peja. Is he good? Sure if every game was just a 3pt shoot out. Artest brings so much more then Peja.

Everyone was mad on Marion for Artest. I would love to have Marion in place of Artest, but PEJA!?!?!

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 03:13 PM
KStat. I think you'd pencil yourself in for ECC if your precious Joe D dealt for Wang Zhi Zhi. Just sayin.

ROCislandWarrior
08-07-2004, 03:17 PM
O'neal down low, with Tins, Jax, Peja and Bender/Cro outside

:drool:

canyoufeelit
08-07-2004, 03:17 PM
The second you trade Ron for Peja, I'm going to pencil in the Pistons as the eastern conference champs next season. :champagne::champagne::champagne::champagne::champ agne:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 03:18 PM

That's what i'm thinking exactly.

Kstat
08-07-2004, 03:20 PM
KStat. I think you'd pencil yourself in for ECC if your precious Joe D dealt for Wang Zhi Zhi. Just sayin.

AH, how good it is being the:king:

And if Joe D EVER made the mistake of dealing Ben Wallace for a one-sided offensive scorer, I'd be among the angry mob showing up on his doorstep tomorrow.

As the Pacers stand now, they can compete with the Pistons.

Deal Ron for Peja, and they take a pretty massive step backwards. I supported Al for Jackson because it was a good chemistry deal, but this is just a stupid idea. I will seriously start to doubt DOnnie Walsh's sanity if this happens.

ROCislandWarrior
08-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Kstat...what exactly was it that Ron did to help the Pacers beat (or atleast compete:p) with the Pistons?

Kstat
08-07-2004, 03:24 PM

Jackson instead of Ron defending Rip=:drool:

Peja defending anyone on the Pistons starting 5=:drool:

The Pacers team defense after trading ron artest=:drool:

Hey, you want to become Kings east, dont let me stop you.....

Kstat
08-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Kstat...what exactly was it that Ron did to help the Pacers beat (or atleast compete:p) with the Pistons?

Without Ron the Pacers wouldn't have MADE the ECF, so its a moot point.

canyoufeelit
08-07-2004, 03:27 PM

AH, how good it is being the:king:

And if Joe D EVER made the mistake of dealing Ben Wallace for a one-sided offensive scorer, I'd be among the angry mob showing up on his doorstep tomorrow.

As the Pacers stand now, they can compete with the Pistons.

Deal Ron for Peja, and they take a pretty massive step backwards. I supported Al for Jackson because it was a good chemistry deal, but this is just a stupid idea. I will seriously start to doubt DOnnie Walsh's sanity if this happens.

Please take notice of this game's results in which Tayshaun Prince was guarding Peja Stojakovic for the entirety of his minutes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240211008

Now, I'll bite: how is trading for the game's best shooter a major step back?

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 03:29 PM
We definitely won't be Kings east. We had no outside shooting outside of Cro and Fred last year against you guys. And frankly i don't want them in their when they're keeping Al (jackson this year) and Foster on the bench. Peja would fill a need. Artest didn't guard rip very well. And the team defense would be a little bit worse but i don't think it will be horrid like some people are making it out to be.

ROCislandWarrior
08-07-2004, 03:30 PM

Without Ron the Pacers wouldn't have MADE the ECF, so its a moot point.

Oh come on! Do you think Boston would have beat us? And Miami.... we had a cakewalk to the ECF.

and just so you understand...I love Ron but I am assuming that if he is going to be traded...it is because Managment wants him gone and keeping him is not an option.

canyoufeelit
08-07-2004, 03:30 PM

Jackson instead of Ron defending Rip=:drool:

Peja defending anyone on the Pistons starting 5=:drool:

The Pacers team defense after trading ron artest=:drool:

Hey, you want to become Kings east, dont let me stop you.....

1. It's widely known Ron can't defend Rip anyway

2. Isn't Tayshaun the 4th offensive option on the team? Not too big a scoring threat

3. still pretty good

Hicks
08-07-2004, 03:34 PM
This is an even better chemistry deal than Al for Jackson.

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 03:34 PM
Well its a good deal because Kstat has condemned it.

canyoufeelit
08-07-2004, 03:37 PM

Bingo. :laugh:

Hicks
08-07-2004, 03:38 PM

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

ROCislandWarrior
08-07-2004, 03:39 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Amen!

Pig Nash
08-07-2004, 03:39 PM

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

:homsar:? or :bunny:?

Sollozzo
08-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Kstat, Miller defended Rip alot in the ECF's. Rip must have felt like he was shooting in warmups, Reggie being such a weak defender last year.

MSA2CF
08-07-2004, 04:31 PM
D'oh!

Kegboy
08-07-2004, 04:35 PM

Well, I called it. There you go Hicks. Guess it's a good trade after all. :p

Kegboy
08-07-2004, 04:36 PM

Hey, don't knock Zhi Zhi. He's better than Darko. :laugh:

Burt_Reincarnated
08-07-2004, 04:42 PM
for once I agree with kstat, this team will not win 45 games if they trade Ron for Peja. Larry Bird will go down as the worst GM ever, JO will demand a trade after one year, and the Pacers will be stuck in mediocrity for years to come.

Hicks
08-07-2004, 04:43 PM
for once I agree with kstat, this team will not win 45 games if they trade Ron for Peja. Larry Bird will go down as the worst GM ever, JO will demand a trade after one year, and the Pacers will be stuck in mediocrity for years to come.

Has anyone hugged you lately?

Burt_Reincarnated
08-07-2004, 04:51 PM
haha hicks,

Am I really the only guy here that thinks this team will be doomed if they get rid of ron? If they keep him Pacers can still compete for a championship.

Do we need to come revisit this post in december? That is if they really trade Ron..

Roaming Gnome
08-07-2004, 05:11 PM
One thing that I do worry about is that If Sacramento bites...We do the deal to put more butts in the seats.

In our little community, Peja is a much better draw then Ronnie, no matter how good Ron is as a player. Everytime I hear the casual fans whine about Artest being a headcase...I fear things like this could happen.

PacersFan
08-07-2004, 05:14 PM
I would much rather have Ron than Peja. First of all, their talent aside, isn't Ron signed for his contract two more years than Peja? I think Peja's signed till 2007, and if I'm right then that means that in 3 years he'll be asking for a max contract.....I really doubt we can afford two max contracts. But if we just keep Ron, then we'll have 5 more years till we have to make any decisions.

Second of all, Ron is much better than Peja. All Peja does is stand behind the three point line and shoot threes. Ron defends and adds points. Remember, you can always count on your defense being there, but your offense might not be there.

Also, what's the point in messing up the chemistry in a team that won 61 games last season? I really don't see a point. We had to move Al Harrington, and we got a pretty good player in return who we brought in the help spread the defense. Doesn't Peja do the same thing?

Ron made a huge improvement in his behavior last season, and there's no reason to doubt he won't this year......so, please keep Ron!

Kegboy
08-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Actually, Peja's last year is a player option, so he'll be a free agent in two years.

BigDawg44
08-07-2004, 06:24 PM
If we do trade Artest it is not like we dont have a defensive stopper on the team. When Artest came out of the game, who took his man FREDDIE! Freddie may not be as good as Ron but he aint half bad. Bender plays good help defense. Foster plays good defense. Tinsley has improved within the system. Reggie can guard old people. AJ played well against Billups. I would pull the trigger on this one.

ChicagoJ
08-07-2004, 09:37 PM
KStat, of all the people to forget that Rick (Mike Brown, O'Neill, Larry, Dick Harter) coaches a TEAM defense. :shakehead: We weren't too shabby on the defensive end with Reggie and Jalen. I'm *NOT* worried about our team defense if this move is made...

Merz
08-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Peja for Artest is a horrible deal. not only will the Baron Davis's and the Stephon Marburys have their way offensively against the Pacers but so now will the Paul Peirce's, Bryants, and ....... the Artest of the league. You don't trade both Artest and Harrington that leaves the Pacers with no one who can defend a perimeter scorer in a one-on-one situation (which will be exploited)

Hicks
08-07-2004, 10:58 PM
KStat, of all the people to forget that Rick (Mike Brown, O'Neill, Larry, Dick Harter) coaches a TEAM defense. :shakehead: We weren't too shabby on the defensive end with Reggie and Jalen. I'm *NOT* worried about our team defense if this move is made...

Hear, hear!

TheSauceMaster
08-07-2004, 11:17 PM

Thanks you saved me from reading the whole thread :p

BigDawg44
08-07-2004, 11:29 PM
You don't trade both Artest and Harrington that leaves the Pacers with no one who can defend a perimeter scorer in a one-on-one situation (which will be exploited)

FREDDIE!

Hicks
08-07-2004, 11:31 PM
And Jackson.