PDA

View Full Version : Would you do it? (Pacers Trade)

Anthem
08-07-2004, 02:44 AM
Pollard and Bender for Cliffy and Dampier (long-term deal starting Salary 5.5 mil/year)

Anthem
08-07-2004, 02:47 AM
I'm torn on this one. I really think our frontcourt needs some more depth. Damp would be starting center, Foster would be backup center, Cro would back up JO, and Cliffy could mentor Harrison on the third string. It would mean SJax would spend more time at 3, and Freddy would spend more time at 2.

Talent-wise, I think GS wins, but this trade might make us a better team.

sixthman
08-07-2004, 06:00 AM
I go back and forth on whether I would do that, if it were available. Right now, I'm in the keep Bender mode. But the fair contract for Dampier is enticing.

Sidenote: I don't worry about the possibilities of a deal like that because I am convinced that as much as GS would welcome Bender, I don't believe they want Pollard's contract.

Burt_Reincarnated
08-07-2004, 06:34 AM
I think it is bizarre how loyal alot of you are towards Bender, yet are ready to ship out Ron for the next fluffy bunny who says they are unhappy with their team.

Bender... poor ball handling skills. He still looks lost out on the court after what, 5 years or so now? 6? While Ron completely dominates all his oppenents on both ends of the floor. It makes me wonder if they are putting lead in the Indianapolis water supply.

SycamoreKen
08-07-2004, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't do it because Damp. I just have not been impressed with his work ethic or production thus far. There is a reason no one has waved big money at him this off-season.

Skaut_Ech
08-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Not out of loyalty to 5.1, but because I think Dampier got incredibly overhyped for one year of solid production. I have this suspicion that Dampier's numbers were a fluke and he'll be back to Mr. Average next time he steps on the court.

I think someone is going to get suckered into taking him.

ChicagoJ
08-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Even so, I'd rather have an average *True* center than NO *true* center at all.

Drafting Harrison has allowed me to cool a little bit on Dampier, but a contract staring at $5.5 and only costing us Bender - I'd do that. Pollard and Uncle Cliffy are just filler, although Cliff fills a need and Pollard is an overpriced albotross, so that part of the deal really favors us. :nod:

Hicks
08-07-2004, 11:01 PM
I'd lean towards doing it, but this isn't gonna happen, so.... :shrug:

TheSauceMaster
08-07-2004, 11:14 PM
I would do it. I hope Bender makes me eat crow but I do not think he will ever amount to much. First of all I am not convinced his body or mind can handle a full season. But like I said, I hope he proves me wrong.

Ditto , I agree with that 100%