PDA

View Full Version : With the Recent Signing, EC vs WC

ksuttonjr76
07-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Now that Boozer has signed with the Bulls, the Top Draft 4 picks going to the East, Wade/Bosh in Miami, Avery Johnson in New Jersey, Celtics retooling, and Hawks staying the same, what's Indiana's realistic chances at reaching the playoffs? Plus, do you all believe that the Eastern Conference is stronger the Western Conference at this point in NBA History?

This is a change of pace thread....

Pacers2012
07-07-2010, 06:42 PM
their chances are good in the future. top contenders in the east. Boston, orlando, Cavs w/lebron and the heat depending on if they find good role players. so there is 4 spots. then the bulls will make the playoffs, bucks, and hawks. so thats 7. so our chances dont look great but playoffs for us next year isnt likely. west still has more championship contenders. LA, Denver, Mavs, Spurs, and I would say the Thunder. east has boston, orlando, cavs w/lebron and heat need more players. I think in a few years the east will be better then the west though.

ksuttonjr76
07-07-2010, 06:46 PM
their chances are good in the future. top contenders in the east. Boston, orlando, Cavs w/lebron and the heat depending on if they find good role players. so there is 4 spots. then the bulls will make the playoffs, bucks, and hawks. so thats 7. so our chances dont look great but playoffs for us next year isnt likely. west still has more championship contenders. LA, Denver, Mavs, Spurs, and I would say the Thunder. east has boston, orlando, cavs w/lebron and heat need more players. I think in a few years the east will be better then the west though.

Congrats on your 100th post :D.

Pacers2012
07-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Congrats on your 100th post :D.

SUCCESS! i didn't even notice :buddies:

CableKC
07-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Is it possible that the EC has become the WC version from a few years back when there were a Warriors Team with 50+ wins couldn't even make it to the Playoffs?

My initial thoughts are that we are headed in that direction. If anything, this would only strengthen my support to rebuild/retool this Team the right way by doing it over time by building a very strong core that is young over the next 2-3 seasons. We have time to rebuild/retool the right way....no need to make a rash move that could hinder us long-term just to rush into the Playoffs.

PacersPride
07-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Is it possible that the EC has become the WC version from a few years back when there were a Warriors Team with 50+ wins couldn't even make it to the Playoffs?

My initial thoughts are that we are headed in that direction. If anything, this would only strengthen my support to rebuild/retool this Team the right way by doing it over time by building a very strong core that is young over the next 2-3 seasons. We have time to rebuild/retool the right way....no need to make a rash move that could hinder us long-term just to rush into the Playoffs.

I AGREE 100%.

although i would still like to see us deal the expirings for Collison/Okafor, from the the standpoint were more competitive. im a realist and know this team is still a few seasons away from contending with the big boys of the east.

now if only JOB would stop killing our lottery chances..

CableKC
07-07-2010, 07:09 PM
now if only JOB would stop killing our lottery chances..
I don't think it's all JO'B.....this is coming from the FO.