PDA

View Full Version : Where will LeBron land?

Pages : [1] 2

Shade
07-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Just curious what everyone thinks will happen.

BRushWithDeath
07-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Since all the other big FA's have picked a destination, I don't see him staying in Cleveland. My guess is New York. But I think Miami and Chicago are also possible.

Ozwalt72
07-07-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm thinking New Jersey. Not the MOST ready to win out of the bunch....but things are starting to line-up...

odeez
07-07-2010, 06:02 PM
The feeling today is Miami, but that could change tomorrow, I will just be glad when it is all over with...

vnzla81
07-07-2010, 06:06 PM
you need to ad New Jersey, I think he is going there

CableKC
07-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Does the Nets have the capspace to sign both Lebron and Bosh to MAX Deals?

If so and if Bosh isn't 100% going to go to Miami, I'd hope that NJ somehow swings some deal to get him to NJ. IMHO....a Devin/TWill/Lebron/Bosh/Brook/Favors/Courtney lineup along with anything that they can get to fill out the roster is way better then whatever Donnie cobbles together in NY.

If not, then it's NY as Lebron isn't going to share the ball with Wade.

Merz
07-07-2010, 06:18 PM
If so and if Bosh isn't 100% going to go to Miami, I'd hope that NJ somehow swings some deal to get him to NJ. IMHO....a Devin/TWill/Lebron/Bosh/Brook/Favors/Courtney lineup along with anything that they can get to fill out the roster is way better then whatever Donnie cobbles together in NY.

You would hope for that??

MaHa3000
07-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I think he'll go to the Nets. Teaming up with Danny Granger. .........Not really.
I don't really care, but I pick Nets or Cavs.

rexnom
07-07-2010, 06:22 PM
For the Pacers' sake, I hope he goes to Cleveland and that's where I think he'll end up.

Selfishly, I kind of want him to come to Chicago (where I live).

CableKC
07-07-2010, 06:30 PM
You would hope for that??
My objective answer is ...yes, I would hope for that. For Lebron, it makes the most sense short of playing for Chicago as it's the best lineup that I can come up with that already has pieces in play that wouldn't require the ball in their hands all the time so that Lebron can do whatever he always done. But part of it ( admittedly ) is my disdain for the Knicks and all that they did to try to get Lebron. I just don't want him to end up in NY. :devil:

My "Damn, I hope Lebron screws up big time" answer ( so that it gives the Pacers a breathing chance to make it back to the Playoffs ) is......I'd hope that Lebron goes to the most dysfunctional Team so that it's hardest for him to win a Championship. Here's hoping he ends up in Cleveland. :buddies:

But my realistic answer is that I think he'll end up in NY. :(

Los Angeles
07-07-2010, 06:38 PM
In my pants.

idioteque
07-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Lebron is making his statement tomorrow from Greenwich, CT, so as Captain Obvious my guess is New York. I think he's tired of having crappy teammates and wants to team-up with Amare or Bosh, but at the same time doesn't want to play with another dominant guard in Wade or even Rose in Chicago. I think he'd rather have had Amare go to Miami and go to New York with Bosh as opposed to Miami, but he'll take what he can get.

I think he would've stayed in Cleveland had he successfully gotten Bosh to agree to and S&T there. However, from a pure basketball statement he may be better off in New York as he'll essentially have a hand in helping Donnie Walsh sign an entire supporting cast for him this offseason.

I am a proponent of small market teams, but Cleveland has completely blown it when it comes to building around Lebron, so I have no problem if/when he goes to New York.

PacersPride
07-07-2010, 07:09 PM
The Hall of Fame is the only certain landing spot I know.. the rest is anyones guess. my hope is he stays with Cleveland b/c with Miami or NJ it makes the east really difficult for the next 10 years..

Chuck Chillout
07-07-2010, 07:10 PM
New York would be fun, as it would be the biggest star on the biggest stage.

It'd also make them easier to hate again, as they've sucked for so long it's been hard to see them as a rival. Of course, we'd also need to stop sucking so much to hold up our end of the bargain.

jeffg-body
07-07-2010, 08:48 PM
I hope he stays in Cleveland, but at this point I just want it to be over.

pwee31
07-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I'll think he'll sign a short term deal with the Cavs. Like 2-3 years then enter free agency again if he still can't win a title in Cleveland with the talent surrounding him

Trophy
07-07-2010, 09:41 PM
I think it's gonna be New York.

Based on where he's announcing his decision, I assume that's why.

Trader Joe
07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
In my pants.

THAT'S OFFENSIVE.

pwee31
07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I think it's gonna be New York.

Based on where he's announcing his decision, I assume that's why.

Is he announcing his decision in New York?

Trader Joe
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
No, the announcement is in Connecticut. Lebron's gonna play for the UConn women's team!

Trophy
07-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I would assume if he was going back to Cleveland, he'd announce it in Akron.

pwee31
07-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Perhaps the neutral site helps to build the suspense? I know I can't wait for the decision to be over now that we know where all the other big wigs are going.

Not only that put tomorrow if the first day actual FAs can be signed, so hopefully things start to fall into place

Magic P
07-07-2010, 10:35 PM
ESPN just said Lebron is flying to Miami tonight to meet with Pat Riley

Shade
07-07-2010, 11:36 PM
ESPN just said Lebron is flying to Miami tonight to meet with Pat Riley

Don't believe everything you hear from BSPN.

IIIBishopIII
07-08-2010, 12:15 AM
isnt sportscenter taped in Greenwich, CT? Maybe he will be on set for his show

Smoothdave1
07-08-2010, 12:22 AM
For those not familiar, Greenwich is not that far from NYC at all and is considered a suburb for the NYC area. With that said, it could be NJ or NYK.

ESPN's headquarters are in Bristol, CT, which is right outside of Hartford and a few hours away from NYC.

My guess is that he'll stay with Cleveland on a short-term deal for a few years and give it a go with the current group and whatever else Cleveland is able to do.

Hicks
07-08-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm thinking NYK.

rexnom
07-08-2010, 02:04 AM
At the very least, his team has done an excellent job of building suspense. They'll definitely get ratings now.

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Yeah I can't wait to see the ratings this draws.

Up until an hour or so ago I thought he was going to New York. Then Broussard, Adande, Bucher, and the Newsday report said it was probably Miami.

I wouldn't be surprised if at about 2 tomorrow, ESPN starts floating out there that Cleveland or New York have become serious contenders again so that they can boaster the ratings up. Nothing will surprise me as far as this spectacle is concerned.

Pacersalltheway10
07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Maybe he shocks the world and joins the clippers. Although I haven't heard anything about lebron and the clippers except that he met with the clippers last week.

Trader Joe
07-08-2010, 05:56 PM
The city of Cleveland dies tonight if Lebron leaves. They will never care about sports again.

They have built that city so much around him that it is not even funny (probably not the best idea), but that was their plan. Now I'd expect him to leave, and I'd expect them to never fully recover. I'd expect the Cavs to be playing somewhere else in 3-5 years.

pizza guy
07-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I really hope he stays in Cleveland, even though it's probably not best for the Pacers. If he leaves, I actually want to see him go to New York. He and Amare vs Wade and Bosh, and the Celtics and Magic in the East, it'd make for good theater in the NBA.

--pizza

Pacers2012
07-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I really hope he stays in Cleveland, even though it's probably not best for the Pacers. If he leaves, I actually want to see him go to New York. He and Amare vs Wade and Bosh, and the Celtics and Magic in the East, it'd make for good theater in the NBA.

--pizza

It really doesn't matter for us if he stays in cleveland. I still would like to see him leave our divison but not to miami.

its funny though cause if he stays in cleveland. in 2 or 3 yrs every team in our divison could be in the playoffs possibly.

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Here is Mark Cuban's comments about the Lebron thing

http://blogmaverick.com/2010/07/08/so-where-is-lebron-going/

So Where is Lebron Going ?
Jul 8th 2010 3:17PM

I have no idea. To his credit, this has been the best kept secret since the formula for Coca Cola. Talking to owners, GM, players, friends of Lebrons’ , no one knows.

So let me you give you my guess.

This afternoon I heard that a PR firm was telling some media outlets that Lebron was going to the Heat , but they could only be an off the record source. When I put my PR and Media hat on, that approach made no sense at all. Why would a PR firm tell them the plan and ruin the impact of a 1 hour tv special ?

They would if it was a misdirection.

Here is how I see it. Again with my media and PR hat on.

Lebron steps up to the podium. In every home, bar , restaurant and event in the State of Ohio, EVERYTHING comes to a complete stop. Doctors probably put a halt to the surgeries they are doing just to hear what he has to say.

In Miami people keep on doing what they are doing. They look at their watches and notice its past 9pm so they look for a TV or radio,, or turn on their phones and call or text their friends to see what happened with lebron. Then they go back to what they were doing.

At the time of the announcement , the entire state of Ohio is holding their collective breath. Waiting. Hating ESPN for dragging it out. Threatening to kill themselves if Stuart Scott offers even a single Booyah. Wondering why Michael Wilbon cant get right to it rather than talking over way too many LBJ highlights. Feeling like its been an eternity since the show started.

Then the announcement comes.

If Lebron announces Miami, all the sports media who reported the same get to write “i told you so”. The people in Miami smile. Maybe some have a cuba libre and go about their business. The phones ring and the Heat sell a bunch of tickets. Pat Riley buys some hair gel. Erik Spolestra stresses about what happens if they dont win this year. Everyone starts telling lies about how such and such player would love to play for the minimum salary to play with the Golden Triangle.

In the State of Ohio ? Forgetabbout it. People cry. People kick their dogs. They fall into a funk. Lebron instantly becomes the most hated person in the state, and equally hated by anyone close to people who live there.

Just as quickly Art Modell is placed on par with Mother Theresa when compared to Lebron. Lebron and his family will most likely have more security concerns than is imaginable. His kids going to school ? Heck, my 6 year old has gotten looks and comments when the Mavs lose… For what its worth I heard somewhere that Art Modell is still afraid to show his face in the state and Art Modell never had to face twitter, facebook and bloggers spewing worldwide hate.

On the flip side, If he says he is going back to the Cavs there are parties in the streets, horns honking, people kissing strangers. Art Modell sneaks into the state and gets a kiss. Everyone’s wife and husband, boyfriend and girlfriend all the sudden become prettier that night. People are pouring out in the street as if a war had ended. Instead of an infamous picture of a sailor kissing a young lady , there will be a picture of a couple, both in Lebron James Cavs jerseys kissing in the middle of the street. A photo passed through the internet as a momento of a moment in time that in the big picture means nothing, but for tonight means everything.

Which is exactly why I think he is going back to the Cavs. The sports world is full of uncertainties. When in doubt, go for the love. Which is what you do when you make the mistake of not coming to the Mavs

Kemo
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I think he will ultimately choose Cleveland, and he will be loved for it by his fans .. and hated by the fans of the potetntial teams in the discussion...

At least if he was SMART, that is what he would do ..

If it is about money, I see him goin to NJ or NY..

I still say it is Cleveland..

Cause if it isn't , it will tarnish his legacy thus far..

I think he would lose alot of respect if he DIDNT stay...

Kstat
07-08-2010, 08:16 PM
NY is the best place for his career. Cleveland is the best place for him personally. Miami is the worst of both worlds. Naturally, being a 25 year old kid, he's going to take the road people tell him not to.

Kstat
07-08-2010, 08:19 PM
BTW, Grenech, CT is where Jay-Z lives. Nice twist to keep the suspense going.

Pig Nash
07-08-2010, 08:22 PM
I accidentally clicked chicago. I've been saying Miami for a while now.

tadscout
07-08-2010, 08:26 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ: RT @EthanJSkolnick: Heat pulled its Welcome LeBron ad from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Confirmed. [via Twitter]

Who knows now...

Edit- ahh

mcten: RT @IraHeatBeat: Heat pulled James, Bosh, Wade print ads not because of any knowledge of James decision, but because of unsigned status ... [via Twitter]

MagicRat
07-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I accidentally clicked chicago.

Curse those cloven hooves!

Pig Nash
07-08-2010, 08:28 PM
And my poor eyesight!

Slick Pinkham
07-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Chris Sheridan: Interesting news from Miami: Heat has pulled its full-page Welcome LeBron ads from local newspapers.

(from espn chat)

Slick Pinkham
07-08-2010, 08:38 PM
apparently though the ads had to be pulled, since even if LBJ picks the Heat, it is unlikely that there will be a contract in place by tomorrow AM

AlexAustin
07-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Uh Oh......hearing some last minute things are unfolding. Holy #@$*. Stay Tuned!!!
-Stephen A Smith

tadscout
07-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Uh Oh......hearing some last minute things are unfolding. Holy #@$*. Stay Tuned!!!
-Stephen A Smith

Ehh it's Stephen A Smith... :p

Kstat
07-08-2010, 08:55 PM
-Stephen A Smith

SAS has that exact same reaction when he finds an extra can of beer in the fridge.

Day-V
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
isnt sportscenter taped in Greenwich, CT? Maybe he will be on set for his show

Bristol, CT. But yeah, you got the right idea.

Anyway, if Lebron REALLY wants to win, he'll announce he's going to New York. No, not to play with the Knicks, but to go to Harlem and play for the Globetrotters.

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 08:58 PM
I am nervous I don't have have horse in this race.............:blush:

woowoo
07-08-2010, 09:00 PM
If Bron Bron goes on national TV and twists a dagger in the Cav's back he will never be able to live comfortably in the state of Ohio ever again.

I lived in Columbus when Modell left and guartantee you Bron will get the same treatment.... which would not be good....

Hicks
07-08-2010, 09:00 PM
SAS has that exact same reaction when he finds an extra can of beer in the fridge.

Or a bag of cheesy poofs.

Pacers2012
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
hah u gotta laugh at this. they are hyping this up so much. the beginning of the decision looks like beginning of a movie

woowoo
07-08-2010, 09:03 PM
And I am sick of hearing Chris Broussard say "my sources"... ughhhhh He knows as much as we do.... NOTHING....

Hillman's 'Fro'
07-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Who was the deep-voiced dude who narrated the opening ? I
thought the guy who did The Grinch's voice was dead ?

AlexAustin
07-08-2010, 09:04 PM
When will he say it 59:50 into the hour?

Pacers2012
07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Or a bag of cheesy poofs.

http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/1/6/0/1/3/a2970114-48-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Mmm cheesy poofs ughhghh

QuickRelease
07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
This is interesting, but it's total :bs:. This is a whole lot of hoopla for someone who hasn't one it all yet, EVEN ONCE! Much less, multiple championships like Kobe, Jordan, Shaq, etc.

Kemo
07-08-2010, 09:06 PM
IMO instead of donating all this money from this crap to a center that seems well off as it is .. it would be nice if he would donate to helping fix this gul oil mess and helping the families of those affected...
but its not my money , so its a moot point..

It just seems there are more important things to donate that kinda money for...

Hillman's 'Fro'
Bron is crazy if he think that 1 NBA Title will be enough to be
considered 'among the greats'. It's gonna take at least 3 for
that.

Unless the 1 or 2 are in NYC...

Pacers2012
Who was the deep-voiced dude who narrated the opening ? I
thought the guy who did The Grinch's voice was dead ?

I'm surprised it wasn't morgan freeman

Kemo
07-08-2010, 09:07 PM
http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/1/6/0/1/3/a2970114-48-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Mmm cheesy poofs ughhghh

http://www.greetingsfromhollywood.com/images/collectibles_files/collectibles/cartman%27s%20cheesy%20poofs1.gif

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 09:09 PM
I knew ESPN would drag this out. They are seriously going around the table asking who the best fit is? Come on, this has been asked repeatedly for weeks. Just bring Lebron out.

GO!!!!!
07-08-2010, 09:10 PM
tick tock tick tock...

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 09:10 PM
this is taking to :censored: long

Rupert Stilinski
07-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Broussard is so ugly.

I can't wait to not see that mug for the rest of the summer.

Trader Joe
07-08-2010, 09:12 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sollozzo
Congrats ESPN, you have shown us how you can photoshop Lebron into the other 5 jerseys.

I thought we were supposed to know within the first 10 minutes? This is pure silliness.

Magic P
Broussard is so ugly.

I can't wait to not see that mug for the rest of the summer.

I agree, but that wilbon :-o

IndyHoosier
07-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I think he looked the best in a Knicks uni. Just my 2 cents!

GO!!!!!
Signs A 3 year deal to Be the PG/SG/SF/PF/C Coach/GM and President of FC Barcelona...

Trader Joe
I AM STUART SCOTT I WILL YELL AT YOU FOR THE NEXT FORTY MINUTES AND NOT LOOK AT YOU WITH MY LAZY EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEBRON JAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!1111

Day-V
Or a bag of cheese doodles.

Quite Frankly, I think you missed a spot.

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
What's the over-under on knowing before 9:45?

Day-V
07-08-2010, 09:15 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAB5lOIl-2U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAB5lOIl-2U&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

EVERYTHING I SAY IS IMPAHTENT!

IndyHoosier
Who will win the World Cup? lol

vnzla81
I think he looked better in a Bulls uniform

Trader Joe
07-08-2010, 09:16 PM
DECISION WATER

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL this is a joke. This is like the 18th time I've seen this poll.

dal9
07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
im not watching this, just on principle, but will be constantly updating this thread, so not sure if it counts for anything

GO!!!!!
Who ever gets him, Managment just increased the ticket costs by 40%

hoosierguy
Christ, how g-d damn long is ESPN going to string this out?

Here is what we have seen thus far:

"Let's see what Lebron would look like in different jerseys."

"Let's have the EXACT same discussion we have been having for the past month once again."

I want to rip Stuart Scott's vocal cords out.

Trader Joe
It's awesome that the best team in the NBA might have Dan Marino's number retired. They are such a joke. I really do hate the Heat, always have. They are a terrible franchise.

Kemo
They sure are milking the hell out of this.. dragging it out....

LOL @ the announcer sounding so serious.. like it is a world changing event ..LMAO

"THE DECISION !!!! "

haha

travmil
07-08-2010, 09:20 PM
There's a big leak out of Miami right now that says the Miami Heat called the Miami Herald and cancelled their full page Welcome LeBron ad from tomorrows paper. It's on SportsGuy's and just about every other Twitter feed in the universe right now.

Hicks
So is the reason he went to #6 because he knew Miami had retired Michael Jordan's number? ;)

Sollozzo
It's awesome that the best team in the NBA might have Dan Marino's number retired. They are such a joke. I really do hate the Heat, always have. They are a terrible franchise.

Don't forget they retired Jordan's number too.......

Trader Joe
I mean somebody other than Lebron who just doesn't give a **** has to know his decision right? They should call in right now and steal his thunder.

GO!!!!!
How rude of Foye & Gomes to try and steal the spotlight...

Lisa Dillman is reporting on Twitter that guard Randy Foye and forward Ryan Gomes will be signed by the Clippers.

Not earth-shaking developments, but solid pickups for the Clips nonetheless. Neither player would start for the LAC, but both would probably play substantial minutes off the bench.

Trader Joe
Don't forget they retired Jordan's number too.......

At least he played basketball.

Pacers2012
I like him in the Nets jersey. Then in a few years he could wear the Brooklyn jersey

hoosierguy
07-08-2010, 09:21 PM
There's a big leak out of Miami right now that says the Miami Heat called the Miami Herald and cancelled their full page Welcome LeBron ad from tomorrows paper. It's on SportsGuy's and just about every other Twitter feed in the universe right now.

So where is he going then?

New York? Chicago? Cleveland?

woowoo
07-08-2010, 09:21 PM
They sure are milking the hell out of this.. dragging it out....

Yep, it was supposed to happen in the first 10 minutes.... "RIGHT"...

ESPN/Bron = egotistical, money hungry whores....

I can't believe I am wasting my time on this.... actually I am waiting to see if a riot happens in downtown Cleveland.. ;)

GO!!!!!
07-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't really care where he goes, I want to know how long the contract is...

LBJ certainly thinks he's bigger then the game, I don't recall anything like this with any other player before....

Pacers2012
what is this cnn? get to the team

Trader Joe
Yeah, I'm sure he is loving his ego getting stroked like this, he's about ready to blow his load...

hoosierguy
07-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Jesus Christ Gray!

Ask him where he is signing!!

My God!! Get it over with already.

GO!!!!!
07-08-2010, 09:25 PM
drum roll please..

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 09:26 PM
he keeps saying my team, he is staying

Trader Joe
Lebron just said biggest factor was opportunity to win now and in the future, good bye Cleveland.

AlexAustin
My other selection on the poll is that LeBron will land on a big pile of money

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Who thinks they'll take another commercial break before he announces it?

Hicks
And..................... Miami it is!

Trader Joe
OMG JUST ASK THE ****ING QUESTION

GO!!!!!
07-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Miami it is....

Pacers2012
DUN DUN DUN... THIS SUCKS

Kemo
MIAMI HEAT.. done deal

odeez
Cleveland is CRYING!!!

flox
LEAGUE OVER.

LEAGUE OVER.

hoosierguy
It's official. LBJ is going to South Beach.

Trader Joe
The city of Cleveland just disappeared. :lol:

Day-V
I would not want to be a Police Officer in Cleveland tonight.

Sollozzo
Wow

captainC
What a Douchebag.

vnzla81
all day to know he is going to Miami? :censored::censored:

hoosierguy
07-08-2010, 09:29 PM
This is going to be the most hyped season ever. I look forward to the media circus.

odeez
07-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I knew it!

AlexAustin
07-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Looks like he was about to cry when he said it, the Heat are going to have an odd looking roster if 2 of them go down at the same time they are screwed.

Kemo
I know one thing.. he better buy his momma and family a house in south beach.. .. i would absolutely HATE to be LeBron coming to play against Cleveland this year....

Magic P
I knew it. He's lying if he says he didn't have this planned all along.

Mr_Smith
07-08-2010, 09:31 PM
The balance of power in the central division has shifted a bit.....Lebron to south beach!

odeez
Bryon Scott is like damn it, why am I coaching this team now?!?!?

Hillman's 'Fro'
If Da Bulls can sign a quality SG, the CHIC vs MIA games will be fun
to watch !

GO!!!!!
I'd thought Chicago would have been a better choice...

Sorry Cleveland but you had your chance, what 5-7 years...

Income Tax free wins again...

Well Heat no 6 Jersey just went on sale.. $150 US pre order....

ndcoltsnpacers
07-08-2010, 09:32 PM
I don't really think LeBrons gonna be able to keep living in Akron. This must hurt real freaking bad right now in Cleveland.

MrSparko
Looks like he was about to cry when he said it, the Heat are going to have an odd looking roster if 2 of them go down at the same time they are screwed.

Every team is screwed if their #1 and #2 both go down.

Granville Fleming
Well,

I know who my least favorite team in the NBA is. I hate him now. He's such a sob. I freakin hate him. I don't say that very much about people. What an effing piece of crap!!! Screw you LeBron. I hope your team falls apart. I hate LeBron and I hate the Heat.

FrenchConnection
I knew it. He's lying if he says he didn't have this planned all along.

They have had this planned for almost 2 years. The only variable was if they would go to NY or Miami. But I guess the fact that Wade got to stay on the same team was the deciding factor. That and the weather.

flox
07-08-2010, 09:33 PM
He deserves every bit of anger and disgust thrown at him.

Repulsive.

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
say goodbye to the Pacers hopes in competing for a championship in the next ten years

captainC
07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
I feel really bad for the people of Cleveland. It rings home to me because one day, our own small town team may draft a talent as incredible as Lebron. If this was my team i root for now, I would be devastated.

Wouldnt be suprised if someone tries to damage his property tonight, among other things. I always root for the small town market because like in the rest of the society and this economy, the middle class is dwindling.

Again, the rich get richer.

This is a sad day.

odeez
Pat Riley is the man to pull this team together!

15th parallel
At least we have 1 sure team that will suck...assuming that same lineup of Cavs will be playing this coming season...

Oh well, the rich getting much much richer I guess...

Kemo
welp, 2 teams , in the span of a week , have automatically became bottom feeders in the East...

hoosierguy
07-08-2010, 09:36 PM

Repulsive.

Why? Cleveland proved that it could not build a suitable team around him. He gave them 7 years.

15th parallel
I expect Pat Riley to coach the Heat...poor Erik...

FrenchConnection

Repulsive.

Not because of the decision, that was his to make. But to make the entire city of Cleveland watch all of that just so he could create some more hype... He will never be loved and will never be seen as an all time great. He went from Jordan to A-Rod. He's not even the most loved basketball player by his own fans now.

MyFavMartin
07-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Colbert stated the other night that by signing in Cleveland, he could make $31 million dollars more because of the extra year and then pointed out that LeBron will be answering the age old question: "Would anyone live in Cleveland for $31 million?"

We have our answer.

Kemo
07-08-2010, 09:37 PM
that and Cleveland went from a 60+ win team .. down to a lucky to get 30 wins team..

docpaul
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Not because of the decision, that was his to make. But to make the entire city of Cleveland watch all of that just so he could create some more hype... He will never be loved and will never be seen as an all time great. He went from Jordan to A-Rod. He's not even the most loved basketball player by his own fans now.

He started believing in his own hype... it's too bad. Give me a Durant any... day... of... the... week.

Much easier for me to root for true sportsmen.

Swish
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Ehh it's Stephen A Smith... :p

SAS was the first to report all three would go to Miami, like two weeks ago. I hate him, but he nailed this one.

QuickRelease
07-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Man, wouldn't it suck to be a Cleveland Cavaliers season ticket rep tonight?

woowoo
The balance of power in the central division has shifted a bit.....Lebron to south beach!

Miami is crazy if they think they can get "vets" who still have game left to come and play for the Heat for "minimum"... it just will not happen with the threat of a new CBA and salaries expected to drop a lot.... Miami will be a team with 2 studs, 1 good player, and the rest rookies and "old" vets...

this is not as big a lock as some may think.....

Sookie
So..how long till they all hate each other?

I give it three years if they win, two if they don't.

Trader Joe
07-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I can't wait to watch the Thunder beat the **** out of the Heat in the finals in two or three years.

xBulletproof
I certainly wouldn't go home for a while .... lucky for him he has enough money to stay elsewhere. Holy ****.

If Lebron James is smart enough to take a step back from scoring, and pay more attention to passing, rebounding, and defense ..... that's a damn scary thought.

Hillman's 'Fro'
So, it seems like Orlando has to make a move now, no ?

woowoo
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
He started believing in his own hype... it's too bad. Give me a Durant any... day... of... the... week.

I totally agree with this, Ok City is the "up and coming" team in the NBA... they are going to be a powerhouse "TEAM"....

odeez
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
I still think he is an All time great, are you kidding me? He shouldn't of made Cleveland wait, but it is his life and his decision. I feel bad for that city and the fans there. He will be a villain no doubt and already is in a lot of peoples eyes. But I will still love watching him play basketball.

travmil
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Hehe this awesome tweet is from our very own Paul George.

LeBron my dude but I'll b happy when we can actually get our tv networks back. I seen spongebob talkin bout lebron goin 2 bikini bottom lol!

odeez
07-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Miami is crazy if they think they can get "vets" who still have game left to come and play for the Heat for "minimum"... it just will not happen with the threat of a new CBA and salaries expected to drop a lot.... Miami will be a team with 2 studs, 1 good player, and the rest rookies and "old" vets...

this is not as big a lock as some may think.....

Players will line up to play with those guys and they won't be old. It also depends on what the contracts are like for the new big three.

Magic P
07-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I really don't get the Lebron hate right now.

AlexAustin
07-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Every team is screwed if their #1 and #2 both go down.

Not like the Heat will be with no player on the roster and limited money to fill it

hoosierguy
07-08-2010, 09:45 PM
So, it seems like Orlando has to make a move now, no ?

They signed Chris Duhon! Problems solved.:p

PaceBalls
07-08-2010, 09:46 PM
In honor of this momentous occasion, I thought I would share the "We Are Lebron" commercial the city of Cleveland put out. They originally filmed it in a studio like the original "We Are The World" but it has been removed from YouTube. However, I did find the song with the lyrics instead of the video. Enjoy. I know that if I were Lebron... this would totally freak me out. That said, this whole media event was sick, and he is a real dick. I don't think he realizes that this 1 hour TV event has made him one of the most hated guys in sports now. I find this crap hilarious. What an *******. Without further ado... WE ARE LEBRON!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bme-BAnCbXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87 a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bme-BAnCbXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87 a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hicks
07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Not like the Heat will be with no player on the roster and limited money to fill it

It's no different. By October they'll have at least 13 players on the roster, and just like the other 29 teams, if you lose your top 2 guys, you're done.

FrenchConnection

Started? He always believed in it. Also, why does the NBA have a salary cap if this can happen? This is why you have a cap, to protect competitive balance to some extent. They are not going to attract a lot of talent every year for the MLE and LLE just for the chance to get an automatic chance at a ring. The rest of the league just exists to provide nightly opponents to the Lakers and Heat now.

woowoo
Players will line up to play with those guys!

Don't kid yourself, NBA players want "paid"....... period... the Heat will be forced to trade Beasley now so they can "pay" Bran and Wade.... and Bosh who is gravy training...
\

and what if the owners (as they are expected to do) impose a "hard" cap?????

ugh oh.... :eek:

Hillman's 'Fro'
07-08-2010, 09:48 PM
I said a 'move', not a 'tweak' !

xBulletproof
07-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I don't care what 9 players they put in uniform with those 3 guys .... they're the favorites to win the championship without question.

Trader Joe
Burning Lebron jerseys in Cleveland. Awesome!

odeez
Don't kid yourself, NBA players want "paid"....... period... the Heat will be forced to trade Beasley now so they can "pay" Bran and Wade.... and Bosh who is gravy training...
\

and what if the owners (as they are expected to do) impose a "hard" cap?????

ugh oh.... :eek:

Dude I am not kidding myself, I understand what players want and I also know they want titles.

Kemo
07-08-2010, 09:51 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bme-BAnCbXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87 a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bme-BAnCbXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87 a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LOL .. sorry , I had to turn that crap off..

Worst singing I have heard in a long time.. lmao .. Id be embarassed to put this out with that horrid vocal display or lack thereof .. heh

.my ears. my ears... they buuuuuurrnnn

vapacersfan
LeBron looks at the Cavs and said "If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it"

Stryder
I don't care what 9 players they put in uniform with those 3 guys .... they're the favorites to win the championship without question.

Without question? No.

Everything is debatable, my friend.

Kstat
07-08-2010, 09:53 PM
LeBron just became Oscar Robertson. Greatest stat-padder of all time, but could not win the big one as the #1 guy.

I never thought I'd see the best player of his generation go ring-chasing at 25. It's like Magic leaving LA to play with Bird, Parish and McHale, or Jordan leaving Chicago to play with Isiah and the Pistons. Very beneath what we all wanted him to become.

I'll say this though, he's an adult, and we shouldn't hold him accountable for not living up to our expectations. It was not our decision to make.

Trader Joe
07-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Lakers aren't gonna take this lying down. Yet another challenge for Kobe to conquer. If he wins his 6th ring and 3rd in a row AGAIN, by knocking out a team with Wade and Lebron on it, he is definitely a top 5 player of all time. Trust me he knows that. Kobe is salivating at that chance I bet.

Also, that was hilarious, Lebron giving Cleveland, the "It's not you, It's me" speech.

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
So did Lebron essentially let Bosh dictate where he'd be playing? Or was the Bosh thing something Lebron's camp floated out there so it would make it look like he was trying hard to stay in Cleveland?

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
can we put the two Lebron threads together please?

FrenchConnection
Without question? No.

Everything is debatable, my friend.

No, I think that they are the favorites without question. Now, we can debate if they can win (I would argue that the Lakers and Magic pose problems for them) but they will be preseason favorites for years to come. We all need to become Heat fans.

PaceBalls
LOL .. sorry , I had to turn that crap off..

Worst singing I have heard in a long time.. lmao .. Id be embarassed to put this out with that horrid vocal display or lack thereof .. heh

.my ears. my ears... they buuuuuurrnnn

LOL I know! That was a real commercial put out by the city of Cleveland a few months ago on the local television... Seriously

QuickRelease
So, how did you guys feel about Cleveland fans burning Lebron's jersey? Warranted? Classless? What?

Sookie
07-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Lakers aren't gonna take this lying down. Yet another challenge for Kobe to conquer. If he wins his 6th ring and 3rd in a row AGAIN, by knocking out a team with Wade and Lebron on it, he is definitely a top 5 player of all time. Trust me he knows that. Kobe is salivating at that chance I bet.

Also, that was hilarious, Lebron giving Cleveland, the "It's not you, It's me" speech.

Kobe's all ready top five. I really didn't think that was debatable any more.

Although, funny thing is..I think Lebron and Wade just made Kobe a heck of a lot more likeable.

edit: wow..at the burning of the jersey..
Um..I think extreme would be the right word. Lebron already took care of the classless bit.

FrenchConnection
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
LeBron just became Oscar Robertson. Greatest stat-padder of all time, but could not win the big one as the #1 guy.

I never thought I'd see the best player of his generation go ring-chasing at 25. It's like Magic leaving LA to play with Bird, Parish and McHale, or Jordan leaving Chicago to play with Isiah and the Pistons. Very beneath what we all wanted him to become.

He was supposed to do this next contract. At age 31.

AlexAustin
07-08-2010, 09:57 PM
O/U Mario Chalmers averaging 5 shots per game this year?

Trader Joe
07-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Ok, greatest of all time maybe then. Point is toppling this big three would be Kobe's opus, his masterpiece, undoubtedly the greatest player of this generation and the greatest assassin. Kobe will seize that chance I think.

captainC
Kobe's all ready top five. I really didn't think that was debatable any more.

Although, funny thing is..I think Lebron and Wade just made Kobe a heck of a lot more likeable.

edit: wow..at the burning of the jersey..
Um..I think extreme would be the right word. Lebron already took care of the classless bit.

I agree, I actually respect Kobe alot more now that this whole debacle went down. And thats saying something :)

I can't wait to see them battle it out, and I hope kobe wins this time. Usually I root against him.

FrenchConnection
O/U Mario Chalmers averaging 5 shots per game this year?

O/U on Chalmers averaging 5 touches per game this year.

dal9
can you imagine the reaction here if Reggie had gone to the Knicks this way? We never got a championship, but at least we never had to go thru that

FrenchConnection
07-08-2010, 09:59 PM
can you imagine the reaction here if Reggie had gone to the Knicks this way? We never got a championship, but at least we never had to go thru that

Yeah, and he wasn't from Indiana.

15th parallel
07-08-2010, 10:00 PM
LeBron resurrected the Cavaliers franchise. So I think he has paid his debt there. I just feel truly sad for those Cavs fans, but he really won't be winning a championship there with Mo Williams as their second best player...

No matter how much we all hate it, its his personal decision to achieve more than just a winning record...if their star-studded team up works...

PaceBalls
So, how did you guys feel about Cleveland fans burning Lebron's jersey? Warranted? Classless? What?

I'll tell ya what. All the hate Ron Artest has gotten in Indiana is not anything to the hate that Lebron will have to live with. He is sports villain #1 for the next 3 years. He will have to travel incognito back to his home in Akron. He will get spit in every burger he eats in Ohio now. :laugh:

Sookie
Ok, greatest of all time maybe then. Point is toppling this big three would be Kobe's opus, his masterpiece, undoubtedly the greatest player of this generation and the greatest assassin. Kobe will seize that chance I think.

Yea

But it honestly wouldn't shock me if the Celtics beat those guys first.

Hicks
If all the major players are healthy, a Lakers/Heat finals could really be something.

FrenchConnection
LeBron resurrected the Cavaliers franchise. So I think he has paid his debt there. I just feel truly sad for those Cavs fans, but he really won't be winning a championship there with Mo Williams as their second best player...

No matter how much we all hate it, its his personal decision to achieve more than just a winning record...if their star-studded team up works...

But he didn't have to have an hour-long TV special to do it.

Trader Joe
07-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Kobe on Wade.

Artest on Lebron.

Pau on Bosh.

Is it really that big of a mismatch? I don't think so. In fact, Pau might be better than Bosh, and Kobe's the best in the game.

Sollozzo

This is exactly what I think too.

The big story next season will obviously be the Heat with the Lakers going for a three-peat coming in at a very very distant second. You know Kobe will be more than aware of that. He would love nothing more than to knock this hyped team out in the finals (if they make it that far) and remind everyone that he's still the best. Like you said, it would be a masterpiece.

woowoo

Considering Bron decided to go on national TV to celebrate "HIM" sticking it to "HIS" old team... I think Cleveland fan has a right to be pizzed off.....

This was so unnecessary on LeFraud's part.... Whoever advises this egomaniac needs to be fired.

Day-V
07-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Kobe on Wade.

Artest on Lebron.

Pau on Bosh.

Is it really that big of a mismatch? I don't think so. In fact, Pau might be better than Bosh, and Kobe's the best in the game.

Exactly.

And who's going to guard Dwight Howard in the ECF?

15th parallel
07-08-2010, 10:06 PM
But he didn't have to have an hour-long TV special to do it.

Yeah...lucky for me I have no way of watching it... :)

xBulletproof
07-08-2010, 10:07 PM
This was so unnecessary on LeFraud's part.... Whoever advises this egomaniac needs to be fired.

An hour special where all the money involved goes to charity, a horrible PR move, indeed.

pacerwaala
Somewhere in a gym in Southern California, #24 will start shooting 2000 a jumpers a day. This will be Kobe's ultimate challenge. If Kobe wins a championship next year and if it is over the star studded Heat, he could possibly be the "best player of all time" along with Russell and Jordan.

Trader Joe
Hitler reacts to Lebron going to Miami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4PDS_ASIA

FrenchConnection
Kobe on Wade.

Artest on Lebron.

Pau on Bosh.

And they have an actual center in Bynum that can bang. And what do the Heat do with Lamar?

God, what a bunch of losers we all are. Why do we care if the Lakers, Celtics or Magic (Heat have no answer for Howard) can beat the Heat? Bird could have the best 3 year plan in history and we can't touch that team with any combination of draft picks or crappy free agents that could be attracted to Indiana. Might as well move the franchise. The only positive to this should be a hard cap in the next CBA that should stop this from ever happening again.

woowoo
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah...lucky for me I have no way of watching it... :)

you did not miss anything but a LeFraud azz kissing fest...

FrenchConnection
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
An hour special where all the money involved goes to charity, a horrible PR move, indeed.

He could have just donated the money. You know, a selfless move.

dal9
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah, and he wasn't from Indiana.

ya good point

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
It's amazing Riley was able to pull all of this off. How long till he finds a way to coach this team?

odeez
07-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Reggie talking on NBATV bout it now.

idioteque
07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I will be rooting hard for the Lakers all year next year, Artest and all. I never thought I'd be a Lakers fan in any capacity but this has pushed me to that point.

Lebron going to Miami was just too easy. I'd rather have him shine on his own in New York. Of course it was never a realistic option that he was going to stay in Cleveland.

xBulletproof
07-08-2010, 10:14 PM
He could have just donated the money. You know, a selfless move.

Holy ****. Talk about being incapable of winning with some people.

You do something that donates a very big amount of money for charity and the reaction is nothing except ..."Well he should have donated his own money!"

That's insane.

Justin Tyme
07-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Cleveland got this b/c the King's ego couldn't handle being booed by his subjects in the playoffs. He couldn't produce & couldn't handle the reaction to his failure by the Cleveland fans. He picked up his toys and left. With this special, he just rubbed it in the Cleveland fans faces for their boos.

odeez
Reggie is such a class act, love that guy! ( NBATV now )

pacerwaala
I feel for Clevelanders. Lebron has every right to do what he did and I am not at all upset with him since he has to do what he feels is best for him. However, in my opinion, it is not the right decision, especially considering that he is from that area. I thought he was smart but this decision seems foolish to me.

I want to know if the fans who are burning Lebron jerseys would have not complained if he played for the same team (Cleveland) all his career and not win a championship.

idioteque
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Cleveland should be burning effigies of all the fools who couldn't provide Lebron with the right complementary players to win it all. Yeah, Lebron is great, but he's only one guy and he was never surrounded with a legit group of winners. Cleveland blew a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a team around a real superstar. No superstar will likely ever go to Cleveland ever again. If I'm from Cleveland, I'm peeved at Lebron but angrier at the people who have ran the Cavs franchise over the past 7 years.

Day-V
07-08-2010, 10:19 PM

Sounds good on paper, but it's execution has very well been bad in terms of his image. Hell, we got people here who now can't stand the guy, and we weren't even in the running for Lebron.

But then again, there's that saying "Any publicity is good publicity." (Which i don't fully agree with, for that matter)

odeez
Holy ****. Talk about being incapable of winning with some people.

You do something that donates a very big amount of money for charity and the reaction is nothing except ..."Well he should have donated his own money!"

That's insane.

I hear ya, it's easy to be a hater.

Kemo
If LeBron was gonna donate to some sort of boys/girls club .. He should have AT THE VERY LEAST done it for the city of Cleveland .. geeze.. thats the least he coulda done , since he basically just screwed that team for years to come...

woowoo
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM

Come on man, he planted all those kids around him and donated money to "smooth" over the inevitable backlash.... This was a totally classless move on Bron's part. All he needed to do was make a statement via any media from anywhere and let that be that. But........ Bron Bron had to go on national TV and say "look at me"... "I am screwing my old team, and joining a loaded team because I am not the superstar I think I am"... heehe..

Wade = Batman
Bron = Robin... LOL... It will be interesting to see if these ego's really want to "win" or not...

I am sick of this dude... he is so shallow....

Whatever, maybe the Pacers can get lucky and land a stud in the draft in the next couple of seasons so they can compete with the suddenly loaded Eastern Conference.

Magic P
07-08-2010, 10:22 PM
If LeBron was gonna donate to some sort of boys/girls club .. He should have AT THE VERY LEAST done it for the city of Cleveland .. geeze.. thats the least he coulda done , since he basically just screwed that team for years to come...

They should have put a team around him, Lebron isn't screwing them they screwed themselves. At least the front office did.

15th parallel
With all this LeBron Circus act, I expect these to be raised in the coming years:

Can that Heat team beat the NBA record 72-10?
Can they beat another NBA record of 33 straight wins?
Who'll coach that team? If Riley, can he handle them, especially "offensive coach" LeBron?
Who'll be the "Jordan" and who'll be the "Pippen"?
When do you think that team will blow up?
Who'll be the first team to beat them?
Can they win a championship now?

vnzla81
I am sorry guys but this was Cleveland's fault, they had seven years to build a team around him and could not do it, they let Boozer go, signed Larry Huge, got the old Shaq and the really old Jamison.

And also if they wanted him to stay so bad why no make the trade last year to bring Amare? not doing it because they wanted to keep JJ Hickson was really stupid.

tsm612
Reggie is such a class act, love that guy! ( NBATV now )

What did Reggie have to say about all of this?

Day-V
07-08-2010, 10:24 PM
And also if they wanted him to stay so bad why no make the trade last year to bring Amare? not doing it because they wanted to keep JJ Hickson was really stupid.

My guess is that Lebron never wanted to play with Amar'e.

woowoo
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Cleveland should be burning effigies of all the fools who couldn't provide Lebron with the right complementary players to win it all. Yeah, Lebron is great, but he's only one guy and he was never surrounded with a legit group of winners. Cleveland blew a once in a lifetime opportunity to build a team around a real superstar. No superstar will likely ever go to Cleveland ever again. If I'm from Cleveland, I'm peeved at Lebron but angrier at the people who have ran the Cavs franchise over the past 7 years.

in all fairness they did try,.... It just did not happen for them... and I think one could look back on games 5 and 6 of the Boston series and argue "Bron" was the reason they lost... not his supporting cast...

The great one's make it happen... I think Bron has realized his is best suited for the "supporting" role.... Wade is the alpha male on this new Miami team..

odeez
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Come on man, he planted all those kids around him and donated money to "smooth" over the inevitable backlash.... This was a totally classless move on Bron's part. All he needed to do was make a statement via any media from anywhere and let that be that. But........ Bron Bron had to go on national TV and say "look at me"... "I am screwing my old team, and joining a loaded team because I am not the superstar I think I am"... heehe..

Wade = Batman
Bron = Robin... LOL... It will be interesting to see if these ego's really want to "win" or not...

I am sick of this dude... he is so shallow....

Whatever, maybe the Pacers can get lucky and land a stud in the draft in the next couple of seasons so they can compete with the suddenly loaded Eastern Conference.

Why don't you say I hate Lebron or Lefraud or whatever you want to call him and be done with it. We can all come on here and say what we want, but stop being such a hater!

woowoo
07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
My guess is that Lebron never wanted to play with Amar'e.

Ya, Amare did wonders for Phoenix when they needed him against LA..

xBulletproof
07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
I am sorry guys but this was Cleveland's fault, they had seven years to build a team around him and could not do it, they let Boozer go, signed Larry Huge, got the old Shaq and the really old Jamison.

If that Amare trade was on the table for Cleveland, it would have been done. I don't know how anyone can question that.

Phoenix probably regrets that a little at this point. Now they got nada.

odeez
07-08-2010, 10:28 PM
What did Reggie have to say about all of this?

He said he wished Lebron would have stayed in Cleveland. He was super classy and said he understands why he would go to Miami, but feels bad for the city of Cleveland, having played in a small market his whole career. Love Reggie!

woowoo
07-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Why don't you say I hate Lebron or Lefraud or whatever you want to call him and be done with it. We can all come on here and say what we want, but stop being such a hater!

Why don't you stop defending this arrogant ***.... And yes I have lost all respect (what little I had) for this over hyped, title less, megalomaniac.

Bro I will state my opinion, just like you can state yours.... I lived in central OH for 8 years and I feel for those people.... they just can not catch a break.

If it were not for the Buckeyes that state would be the gloomiest place on earth.

Kstat
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Lost in all this is this could not have happened to a less passionate fanbase. Miami fans make LA fans look like european soccer hooligans.

How many people in Miami even watched tonight?

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
If that Amare trade was on the table for Cleveland, it would have been done. I don't know how anyone can question that.

Phoenix probably regrets that a little at this point. Now they got nada.

don't you think that if you are Cleveland you trade everybody but Lebron for another star? they did not move a finger to do anything, seven years and could not do anything, they deserve this.

Doddage
07-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm going to miss seeing LeBron and Wade be the focal points of an offense. The Heat will probably be fun to watch, but those guys are meant to be centerpieces.

dal9
07-08-2010, 10:35 PM

dont you think LeBaron signed off/recommended these moves?

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Lost in all this is this could not have happened to a less passionate fanbase. Miami fans make LA fans look like european soccer hooligans.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What about the global thing? I don't think is going to be as global as they think is going to be.(in Miami)

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 10:39 PM
dont you think LeBaron signed off/recommended these moves?

yeah but what else was he going to do? the FO was the one negociating with other teams and could not get a deal done, they got to be one of the worse FO in the NBA.

xBulletproof
07-08-2010, 10:39 PM
don't you think that if you are Cleveland you trade everybody but Lebron for another star? they did not move a finger to do anything, seven years and could not do anything, they deserve this.

I agree with the 7 years thing, but you specifically mentioned the Amare deal. Cleveland didn't have the parts to make that deal work. It just wasn't possible.

odeez
07-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Why don't you stop defending this arrogant ***.... And yes I have lost all respect (what little I had) for this over hyped, title less, megalomaniac.

Bro I will state my opinion, just like you can state yours.... I lived in central OH for 8 years and I feel for those people.... they just can not catch a break.

If it were not for the Buckeyes that state would be the gloomiest place on earth.

I hear you coming from Ohio... I am not defending him, the only thing I care about him is watching him play, he is a HOF player already, and I like watching him play. But some of you on here are getting too personal, and acting like you know what he is thinking and doing, etc, etc... So I am just saying stop hating and getting so personal, what athlete doesn't have a huge ego, what person wouldn't want to maximize their ability to make money, what athlete doesn't want to win a title? This move gives him the best chance. I agree he could have been more graceful in his exit, but it is his life, I am not going to call him a bunch of high school names and act like i know him on a personal level.... enough

Kstat
07-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What about the global thing? I don't think is going to be as global as they think is going to be.(in Miami)

I doubt Lebron was thinking about anything but the fear of retiring without a championship when he made this move. He's taking less money, and going to a team where he wont be the most popular player.

PaceBalls
07-08-2010, 10:42 PM
It's one with him ditching his home team for greener pastures, but to make a huge spectacle out of it on ESPN with a 1 hour special LOL!! What a dick.

Hicks
07-08-2010, 10:43 PM

Yeah, Miami deserves what happened to them tonight about as much as Cleveland deserves what happened to them tonight.

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 10:45 PM
I think Lebron took KG's words after game 6 to heart. KG warned Lebron about loyalty and how you don't get your youth back.

odeez
07-08-2010, 10:47 PM

so true, I remember seeing playoff games where there was whole sections of empty seats.

idioteque
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Lebron didn't necessarily make the worst decision, it just depends on what he wants in the end. I can't ever root for him in Miami just because I can't ever root for a presumptive favorite that isn't playing from the state of Indiana. Had he gone to New York, I'd be rooting for him.

Justin Tyme
07-08-2010, 10:54 PM

What do you expect with Danny Ferry as GM?

Justin Tyme
07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=vnzla81;1032649]

they let Boozer go, /QUOTE]

They never let Boozer go. He committed to them and the left them for the Jazz.

Kstat
07-08-2010, 11:02 PM
They never let Boozer go. He committed to them and the left them for the Jazz.

He was only able to leave for Utah because the Cavs let him out of his deal thinking he would re-sign long term.

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 11:05 PM

It's not completely their fault that they couldn't get better players there. If the Chris Bosh story is true, then it reaffirms that other stars just don't want to go to Cleveland. He wouldn't take more money to play alongside Lebron there merely because it's Cleveland. Being Cleveland is a severe handicap that was difficult for them to overcome. The fact that a lot people weren't willing to come there to play with Lebron freaking James made their job pretty difficult.

Miami has an advantage because it's a beautiful place for the wealthy to live. Wade wasn't going to leave there and Bosh clearly was eager to go there. They essentially forced Lebron's hand.

Unless of course the rumored Bosh sign and trade to Cleveland was a farce put out there by the James camp to make it look like he was trying hard to stay there when in fact, the three of them playing in Miami was the plan all along. That wouldn't surprise me.

Pig Nash
07-08-2010, 11:05 PM

U of Pheonix donated 500K to the Boys and Girls club, 5 cities: New York, Miami, Chicago, Cleveland, and Akron. Just to clear that up.

Hicks
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM
So if Carlos Boozer is "Benedict Boozer" in Cleveland, does this make James "LeBenedict?"

docpaul
07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
My... goodness:

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Day-V
07-08-2010, 11:35 PM
My... goodness:

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

I like it. They aren't winning a title any time soon, but I like it.

Shows he actually cares about the W more than the $.

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 11:37 PM
damn, to bad he did not feel the same way before today

xBulletproof
07-08-2010, 11:38 PM
OMG

That's one pissed off owner.

Kstat
07-08-2010, 11:39 PM
If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

What an idiotic comment.

The owner of a team just said the Cavs desire to build a championship team is at a level HIGHER than when they had Lebron? Where was this level at when you actually HAD him?

Kstat
07-08-2010, 11:41 PM
BTW, ESPN confirmed that Gilbert did write that letter.

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 11:46 PM
What an idiotic comment.

The owner of a team just said the Cavs desire to build a championship team is at a level HIGHER than when they had Lebron? Where was this level at when you actually HAD him?

this is what I was thinking, why not have this attitute when he had Lebron? like I said before he had seven years and some months to make a move and did nothing

cdash
07-08-2010, 11:47 PM
this is what I was thinking, why not have this attitute when he had Lebron? like I said before he had seven years and some months to make a move and did nothing

Oh stop it. They tried all kinds of moves, none of them worked.

Day-V
07-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I predict LeBron will land in Miami.......

dal9
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
give the owner a break, he has clearly thrown back a few at this point:alcohol:

vnzla81
07-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Oh stop it. They tried all kinds of moves, none of them worked.

that is my point, bringing old players to complement one of the best players in the NBA? not smart

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Stephen A Smith called it.