PDA

View Full Version : What to expect from our PF this season

Pacers2012
07-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I know every player on the roster gets hyped up in one way or another. I was wondering what type of role fans are expecting mcbob to play. The pacers obviously want him to spread the floor and shoot 3s like murphy did so granger and company can get their shots.

Personaly I hope to see mcbob only get about 20min a game or so in the beginning. Im not so sure I want him as a starter. Murphy should be gone before the season starts. Soloman can play some pf but is more of a center for the pacers.

So with murphy gone that leaves us with Mcbob who has played in 83games in 3 seasons. Playing 42 games last year. Hansbourgh who had a few injuries last year playing 29 games. Then a guy who I am excited about just as much as stephenson. Magnum Rolle, who reminds me a little of Amare Stoudimire with his smooth shot and expolisive vert. espn analyst say he is a smarter and most like tougher tyrus thomas.

So with murphys days number in indy what can we expect at the PF next year. And for those who think Rolle wont have a spot on the team. Dont expect Rolle to not be in a pacers jersey this year. If we lost Rolle then that would be worse then drafting hansbourgh where we did.

Ozwalt72
07-07-2010, 05:45 PM
So with murphy gone

A.)Where'd he go?

B.) 20mpg is too much for McRoberts. It will probably always be too much for McRoberts.

C.) I hope you aren't expecting much from Magnum Rolle this year, even if he makes the roster.

Rupert Stilinski
07-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Until something actually happens with Murphy, this thread is all irrelevant.

Pacers2012
07-07-2010, 05:55 PM
A.)Where'd he go?

B.) 20mpg is too much for McRoberts. It will probably always be too much for McRoberts.

C.) I hope you aren't expecting much from Magnum Rolle this year, even if he makes the roster.

Expect the pacers to deal him soon now that other FAs are landing different places. Bird already said they were waiting to make a deal until after big FAs sign. If lebron stays in Cleveland expect cleveland to take a look at murphy again now that boozer amare and bosh have their teams. With murphy gone mcbobs minutes will have to go up. our pfs would be mcbob, tyler, and rolle. tyler will start off with low mintues an rolle too if he is even one of the 12 on the bench. And i dont expect alot from rolle this year but i see him being a big player in 2 or 3yrs

Kegboy
07-07-2010, 05:58 PM
No power, lot's of stretching.

sportfireman
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
No power, lot's of stretching.

I love that.........:laugh:

Hopefuly M. Roelle gets some playing time and we might a slight bit of Power and defense.

jeffg-body
07-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I would be happy with good defense and hustle. We have other guys that can score.

joew8302
07-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Why would the position be any different this season? You will probably see lots of Murphy, some Mcbob, hopefully some Tyler and possibly a little bit of Rolle.

ksuttonjr76
07-07-2010, 11:59 PM

Good point, but it's nice to speculate.

To answer the original question...

Tyler starts with McRoberts being the 1st rotation at PF. Rolle will get some PT. I think he will only get about 8 MPG, unless he shows that he has more game then originally thought in practice and actual NBA games.

Pacers2012
07-08-2010, 12:52 AM

if its irrelevant then don't post on it.

pretty simple eh

BRushWithDeath
07-08-2010, 12:53 AM
if its irrelevant then don't post on it.

pretty simple eh

That was exactly his advice.

Bball
07-08-2010, 12:56 AM
I would be happy with good defense and hustle. We have other guys that can score.

Not in this system...

Kegboy has it nailed.

Give Me A Break Larry!!!!
07-08-2010, 12:56 AM
I LIKE MURPHY BECUZ HE"S IRISH

Pacers2012
07-08-2010, 01:05 AM
That was exactly his advice.

believe it or not tyler,mcbob and rolle are our future PF. It nice to get some feed back on what people think of the 3 of them.

i wouldnt be suprised if the pacers gave murphy away just so our future team can get a head start instead of having a player take up time who wont be with us next year.

pizza guy
07-08-2010, 09:19 AM
I LIKE MURPHY BECUZ HE"S IRISH

I don't know why you chose a Barney picture for your avatar, but after reading a few of your posts, I'd suggest you use this guy:

http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?uid=AAAAAQAQOrBY3Dh4ivEy3ccZV0TOdgAAAAqIty uIMuOzrVyKcuqwe0j2

Brad8888
07-08-2010, 10:33 AM
40% shooting from 3, no defense, and defensive rebounding as a result of either long rebounds or boxing out by other players until an unlikely move being made at the trade deadline in February, then 30% shooting from 3, attempted defense that will be characterized as not being good team defense, and only defensive rebounding due to rarely having our power forward anywhere near the paint on offense in an effort to "space the floor", interspersed with 35% shooting from 3 and drives to the basket from the wing position from random players who will be classified for that game as the power forward, but, in fact, will be shooting guards or small forwards or our newfangled point shooting small power forward.

Really, unless Rolle sees the floor (which is highly unlikely as a rookie who cannot "space the floor"), we won't actually have a power forward because that is a wasted opportunity for getting another wing on the floor to the genius O'B. Who, besides any basketball team including the Pacers of course, needs a power forward on the floor anyway?

pacers74
07-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Also, we can't speculate about Tyler either. We have no clue if he will be healthy next year, or ever.

PaceBalls
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
believe it or not tyler,mcbob and rolle are our future PF. It nice to get some feed back on what people think of the 3 of them.

i wouldnt be suprised if the pacers gave murphy away just so our future team can get a head start instead of having a player take up time who wont be with us next year.

You don't seem to understand that Murph is Jim's all time favorite player and Bird thinks he is our MVP. Not only will they not trade him... he will probably be signed to another contract next summer.

Anthem
07-08-2010, 04:07 PM
he will probably be signed to another contract next summer.
:mob:

Rupert Stilinski
07-08-2010, 04:11 PM
:mob:

Unfortunately, until there is a coaching change, we should admit to ourselves that Troy getting a new contract is a distinct possibility.

BRushWithDeath
07-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately, until there is a coaching change, we should admit to ourselves that Troy getting a new contract is a distinct possibility.

I won't ever admit to that. It's far to disheartening.

dlewyus
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM

:puke::hissyfit: