PDA

View Full Version : Rolle impressing in summer league

tadscout
07-07-2010, 04:04 PM
The Pacers selected Magnum Rolle with the 51st overall pick in last month's NBA Draft. And so far, he's impressing in Orlando's Summer League.

Writes Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman (http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2010/07/06/who-impressed-me-in-day-two-in-orlando/): "He has taken Orlando by storm. He never stops hustling. He goes after every rebound, contests every shot and plays every possession like it's his lasts ... Rolle reminds me of a smarter, more interested, less athletic Tyrus Thomas. Not a bad set of tools."

We'll caution that this is just the Summer League. But it's possible Rolle could challenge Tyler Hansbrough for playing time next season in the Pacers' frountcourt, as Hansbrough had an uneven rookie year because of injuries this past season.

Nice to hear someone outside our organization is also impressed with Rolle... although I doubt he takes minuets away from Tyler if he is healthy, I could see Rolle getting some back-up 5 mins though (if Solo got mins there Rollo absolutely could).

microwave_oven
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
This is the same guy that criticized the drafting of Paul George, saying he isn't a good rebounder, despite leading the team during summer league play...

tadscout
07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Opps I should add I gout that little burp from espn rumors (insider) (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#17208)

Pacers2012
07-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Some people on here think Rolle wont make the team cause of the lack of roster room. I expect the pacers to make a move in the next week or 2 now that the big FA are making their decisions. That would hopefully free up a roster spot for rolle. we def need him considering murphy should be gone and hansbourgh injury problems. He is gonna be a great PF in 2yrs

ChristianDudley
07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
If we don't put him on our roster because there's not enough room for him, it will be very pathetic when we have someone like Solomon Jones or even McBob (who is horrible right now in the Summer League) when this kid, out of nowhere, is one of the best performing bigs in the entire Summer League. Plus he has been having good chemistry already with our other draftees. I really really really want him on our roster!

Cactus Jax
07-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Plus he has the coolest name since the rumors of ****a joining the Pacers.

esabyrn333
07-07-2010, 05:02 PM
To be fair McBob's only job and reason he is in the summer league is to shoot as many 3's in a game situation

ChristianDudley
07-07-2010, 05:04 PM
To be fair McBob's only job and reason he is in the summer league is to shoot as many 3's in a game situation

yes, but he is meanwhile stunting his growth! lol

BornReady
07-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm fairly certain Magnum makes the roster.
1. He dominated the practices leading up to Summer League
2. He's "taking Orlando by storm."
3. JOB seemed to talk like Magnum is a part of the Pacers roster during his in game interview yesterday.
4. Magnum is the athletic big that Indy is missing that will complement their other pieces well.

jeffg-body
07-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Hopefully there will be a trade upcoming where we have multiple players go and make some room for this kid on our roster. I'd rather see this kid hustle around than Solo riding the pine.

Speed
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Opps I should add I gout that little burp from espn rumors (insider) (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#17208)

What's it say?

tadscout
07-07-2010, 09:59 PM
What's it say?

See 1st post...

MLB007
07-08-2010, 12:14 AM

He should be fired from that job.................:buddies: