PDA

View Full Version : Will You Watch LeBron's "Special"?

Swish
07-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Sorry to break this away from the other, main, topic, but I wanted to throw this poll out there to kind of gauge people's thoughts on if they will watch or not.

Do you have a problem with LeBron and ESPN having an hour long glamor session, and will you end up watching it?

DrBadd01
07-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Nope. the last thing I want to watch is ANOTHER hour on where Lebron will go. If you ask me it is very egotistical of him to announce it this way. Why can't he just go for a interview on Sportscenter, or leak it to a Ric Bucher?

SMosley21
07-07-2010, 02:51 PM
I will be watching TNA Impact!

duke dynamite
07-07-2010, 02:52 PM
This deserves two threads? Ugh, I can't get away from it!

http://www.rbreb13.com/Pictures/Pictures_1/Pictures_2/Pictures_3/2005-08-06_040536_018_fry-argh.gif

I will be watching TNA Impact!

And not the Reds game!? Lame...

odeez
07-07-2010, 02:53 PM
I hate to say it, but I will most likely be watching. If he goes to Miami then we're all in trouble, granted they will need to fill out the other roster spots; they are goin to be hard to beat.

Hicks
07-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I have no problem with it, and I *might* watch it if I'm home and remember and have nothing else going on that takes precedence.

Since86
07-07-2010, 02:59 PM
No, I will be working. I will check in 5 mins after it airs, to see who he picks though. And If I wasn't working, I would turn it on with about 15mins left to watch that part live. (I would switch back and forth before that though.)

I care enough to want to know where he goes, but don't care enough to sit and watch an hour of the crap.

vnzla81
07-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Hell yeah I'll be watching

pizza guy
07-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Probably won't sit and watch the whole thing, but yeah I'll watch it. I voted that I don't have a problem with it because, even though I do think it's egotistical and over the top, it's sports. Sports are entertainment. Entertainment is for money. See the logical connection with all this? It's just like another crazy hairdo for Rodman or Artest. You roll your eyes, laugh and grumble at the same time, and go on watching because it's entertaining.

--pizza

rel
07-07-2010, 03:07 PM
they should set it up like when HS ball players choose colleges. Have all the potential teams' caps in front of him and he put on where he goes...

but i'll probably watch it switching back and forth with another channel... skip all of the ESPN lebron love fest and wait til i see the announcement

thewholefnshow31
07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
I think he is an ego maniac and this is a prime example of it. I will not be watching it. I got Power, Faith and Fantasy by Michael Oren that I am plowing through right now so I will just read that and I am sure one of my friends will text me when Lebron announces the decsiion.

I still want to know how they will fill around 40 minutes or so with content. It is either I am going to New York, New Jersey, Miami, Chicago or he is going to say I am saying that he is staying in Cleveland. That should take maybe 5 minutes.

Ozwalt72
07-07-2010, 03:14 PM
I'll TRY to watch it.

Justin Tyme
07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I have more pressing matters that need my attention than watching some one's ego get stroked on tv.

Really?
07-07-2010, 03:21 PM
I don't think that it is as much about his ego... Two things...

First why not just make a hr special to tell everyone who you chose, why you chose them, and why you didn't choose the other teams. What you expect and what you hope to bring to the team(if not Cleveland). It will probably be easier to do it this way than have to hear all these stories about why everyone else feels you didn't pick team A or team B.

Second like someone said if people are going to follow you around and are that interested in what you have to say, why don't you help out someone else in the process. Donating the money to the boys and girls clubs is a nice thing to do. People often tend to focus too much on what could be negative and never really take a glance at the positive...

SMosley21
07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
This deserves two threads? Ugh, I can't get away from it!

http://www.rbreb13.com/Pictures/Pictures_1/Pictures_2/Pictures_3/2005-08-06_040536_018_fry-argh.gif

And not the Reds game!? Lame...

With Cueto scheduled to go, the Red Legs will be promptly wrapping up a win right around 9PM. :buddies:

pacers74
07-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Just to see who they try sign for the league min., I want him to go to Miami. Will Ray Allen sign there to play with, will Farmar?

graphic-er
07-07-2010, 03:30 PM
This is going to be his Cleveland Swan song. Full of highlight reels framed around the idea that Lefraud means so much to the game, and that leaving cleveland is best for the game of basketball.

odeez
07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
This is going to be his Cleveland Swan song. Full of highlight reels framed around the idea that Lefraud means so much to the game, and that leaving cleveland is best for the game of basketball.

Just curious, why do you call him Lefraud?

woowoo
07-07-2010, 04:28 PM

Bron Bron ain't goin nowhere.......

Cleveland......

graphic-er
07-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Just curious, why do you call him Lefraud?

Cause he isn't a winner, yet is treated like he won multiple rings and is in the hall of fame right now. LeFraud. Also is whole demeanor, cuttin up and dancing on the bench, walking off the court before the game is over (vs Pacers). Also this its all about winning thing, yet he is essentially going to handicap Cleveland (if he stays) from signing any new players to give him help. When a guy says I need help, give me good players, but make sure you max me out this offseason, he isn't interested in winning.

ChristianDudley
07-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I, too, think this is very egotistical of him and it is mostly just for more publicity to make his decision live on ESPN. I'm just wondering how much $$$ he's getting from ESPN to do this--I'd assume they are paying him something??? I doubt I'll watch it as the way media is and how news is leaked so much in this day of age, it will be all over the Internet via Twitter and other media outlets before 9 PM even rolls around most likely, so why bother watching more highlights of the NBA's "Chosen One" when I don't have to?

Brad8888
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Surely there is some show on the Cartoon Network or Comedy Central that would take precedence over this spectacle, or even something on the big 4 networks that might be watchable in that time slot.

Maybe there is a Godzilla movie about a monster devastating Cleveland on Syfy, who knows?

PacerDude
07-07-2010, 05:13 PM
I have a life, therefore I will not watch. I'll see what's up on the ticker later on.

As for LeBron, his ego is apparently as massive as his NBA Championship trophy case is empty.

DaveP63
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Truely, truely, I say to you, I will not watch LBJ's ego stroke. Sadly I do not give a flying crap at this point where he goes. I can wait until Friday AM.

odeez
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Cause he isn't a winner, yet is treated like he won multiple rings and is in the hall of fame right now. LeFraud. Also is whole demeanor, cuttin up and dancing on the bench, walking off the court before the game is over (vs Pacers). Also this its all about winning thing, yet he is essentially going to handicap Cleveland (if he stays) from signing any new players to give him help. When a guy says I need help, give me good players, but make sure you max me out this offseason, he isn't interested in winning.

Ok, I see, but not a winner, are you kidding me? I sense a lot of jealousy here. Sounds like you and Skip Bayless need to hang out, he shares your opinion of Lebron. Who cares if he dances by the bench, a lot of players dance by the bench. I would be dancing too if I was him. The whole not being about winning thing just boggles my mind... Cleveland has been one of the best teams in the regular season over the last few years. Now if you had said he is not a winner in the playoffs that might hold more weight. I also wouldn't say he is handicapping Cleveland, he has given them everything except a championship over the last seven years. I would argue he needs a better supporting cast, most teams that win Championships these days have at least two All Stars, and no an old Shaq, and Mo Williams do not count. He does need to find a way to get it done in the playoffs, that I would not argue.

Tell me if he played for the Pacers you would feel the same way? I am willing to bet you would not, I don't think any of us would. Also, how do you know what he has said in terms of give me a max contract talk? How do any of us know? I would agree this hour special is a little over board, but it's his life, we don't have to watch it. I agree it is annoying seeing Lebron this and Lebron that, but that is the nature of media. Lebron is a HOF player simply based on what he has done so far, and he is only 25. I get that it sucks seeing him play for another team and getting all this attention, but if you watch him play, which I am sure you have, dude is a stud no matter how you cut it.

Calling him names, though it is your right to do so, is silly, IMO. But I respect your opinion, so don't think I am attacking you, I just disagree with calling him silly names, when he is obviously a great player and his career is only half way done. My sense is that knowing he will never play for us and seeing him all the time is annoying to you and others, I get that no doubt. But picking out little things you don't like about him and saying he isn't about winning just isn't truth, it's jealousy.

Also f.y.i. I do not have any Lebron gear or anything with his name on it and I am not a fanboy of his, but I do respect him as a player and entertainer, which he is. He is a flat out stud on the court and one hell of a basketball player, that is fact. It just annoys me with the name calling although it is your right to do so. I just disagree 100% with the name calling.

Return to Glory
07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
I have a life, therefore I will not watch. I'll see what's up on the ticker later on.

As for LeBron, his ego is apparently as massive as his NBA Championship trophy case is empty.

Quote of the year.

BRushWithDeath
07-07-2010, 05:53 PM
With Wade and Bosh signing in Miami, Amare signing in New York, Dirk signing in Dallas, Joe Johnson signing in Atlanta, there is only one top player left. Lebron. What does that tell me? He's leaving Cleveland.

odeez
07-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Looks like he will announce his decision within the first ten minutes of the show, thank goodness!

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67945/20100707/james_will_announce_decision_during_first_10_minut es_of_telecast/

focused444
07-07-2010, 06:17 PM
SVG will not watch...ha

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67941/20100707/stan_van_gundy_rips_lebron_says_bosh_is_wades_lap_ dog/

Magic coach Stan Van Gundy is known for being candid, but he was especially so on Wednesday.

In an interview with the Orlando Sentinel, Van Gundy opened up about the special ESPN will air on Thursday night as LeBron James announces where he'll play next season and other free-agent topics.

"It takes 15 seconds to say, 'I've decided to stay in Cleveland,' but we've got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we don't do that enough," said Van Gundy, who will not watch the special.

Van Gundy added that he wasn't surprised to hear that Chris Bosh will join Dwyane Wade in Miami.

He said Bosh has been following Wade around "for two weeks like a lapdog."

Van Gundy added that while free agency has gotten out of control, guys like Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant were still able to get contract extensions with little fanfare.

"It's gotten ridiculous I think. It's really I mean it's almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now," Van Gundy said.

"Look, the guy's a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour long special?"

odeez
07-07-2010, 06:26 PM
SVG will not watch...ha

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67941/20100707/stan_van_gundy_rips_lebron_says_bosh_is_wades_lap_ dog/

Magic coach Stan Van Gundy is known for being candid, but he was especially so on Wednesday.

In an interview with the Orlando Sentinel, Van Gundy opened up about the special ESPN will air on Thursday night as LeBron James announces where he'll play next season and other free-agent topics.

"It takes 15 seconds to say, 'I've decided to stay in Cleveland,' but we've got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we don't do that enough," said Van Gundy, who will not watch the special.

Van Gundy added that he wasn't surprised to hear that Chris Bosh will join Dwyane Wade in Miami.

He said Bosh has been following Wade around "for two weeks like a lapdog."

Van Gundy added that while free agency has gotten out of control, guys like Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant were still able to get contract extensions with little fanfare.

"It's gotten ridiculous I think. It's really I mean it's almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now," Van Gundy said.

"Look, the guy's a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour long special?"

I just read that too, not a big SVG fan. It is going to be great seeing Heat v Magic games next season. Stan is a goofball, but he does like to keep it real. He has good reason to hate on Miami I guess, since Riley ran him out of there 05/06.

focused444
07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
I just read that too, not a big SVG fan. It is going to be great seeing Heat v Magic games next season. Stan is a goofball, but he does like to keep it real. He has good reason to hate on Miami I guess, since Riley ran him out of there 05/06.

SVG definitely keeping it real...He is hilarious...and the lapdog quote is great start to Bosh/Wade era...

idioteque
07-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Lebron is a dick...but do I have anything better to do a Thursday night, hell no.

Stryder
07-07-2010, 08:08 PM
I'll be doing homework. Let the rest of the world give him a sloppy BJ. I, for one, will not.

jeffg-body
07-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I will not be watching it myself. I'm at the point where I really don't care where he picks.

graphic-er
07-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Ok, I see, but not a winner, are you kidding me? I sense a lot of jealousy here. Sounds like you and Skip Bayless need to hang out, he shares your opinion of Lebron. Who cares if he dances by the bench, a lot of players dance by the bench. I would be dancing too if I was him. The whole not being about winning thing just boggles my mind... Cleveland has been one of the best teams in the regular season over the last few years. Now if you had said he is not a winner in the playoffs that might hold more weight. I also wouldn't say he is handicapping Cleveland, he has given them everything except a championship over the last seven years. I would argue he needs a better supporting cast, most teams that win Championships these days have at least two All Stars, and no an old Shaq, and Mo Williams do not count. He does need to find a way to get it done in the playoffs, that I would not argue.

So you are qualifying my statement based off of 3 words "in the playoffs" Get real! Isn't that the only winning that matters for a player of his caliber? The guy isn't a winner cause he can't get it done in the clutch. As soon as the going gets tough, LeFraud shrinks and becomes a one dimensional player.

I don't know where you get this Jealousy theory of yours, you don't know jack about me, your seriously reaching. You think I'm jealous because Lebron isn't playing for my team? I don't want him as a Pacer. The dude does not show respect to the game or his opponents when he is on the sidelines dancing and yucking it up and acting like they are posing for pictures. I don't watch basketball to see players fool around on the bench during the game, being a distraction. Just cause Lefraud is bored sitting on the bench cause their up by 20 does not mean he shouldn't be a professional. He tries to be bigger than the game itself. Which i'm not a fan of.

Calling him names, though it is your right to do so, is silly, IMO. But I respect your opinion, so don't think I am attacking you, I just disagree with calling him silly names, when he is obviously a great player and his career is only half way done. My sense is that knowing he will never play for us and seeing him all the time is annoying to you and others, I get that no doubt. But picking out little things you don't like about him and saying he isn't about winning just isn't truth, it's jealousy.

Great player but isn't a winner in the end. Has nothing to do with him ever being a Pacer. I don't want a guy on my team who has the nerve to say "I think sometimes I spoil you with my play" after he stunk it up a playoff game. You think Reggie Miller would have ever said that crap, Kobe? Nope, They own up to it.

The amazing thing to me is that the year he made it to finals, he had a rag tag team full of nobodies, but they knew how to play as a team. They got swept because they were inexperienced, and couldn't match up. They got antsy and went out and got a bunch of career underachievers like Wally, or guys that had name recognition but no real game anymore like Ben Wallace. They did it this year with Jamison over Murphy. Part of that is Management but its also Lefraud because they listen to him before pulling these trades.