PDA

View Full Version : Durant Tweets that He's got 5 more years with the Thunder

count55
07-07-2010, 11:17 AM
http://twitter.com/KDthunderup/status/17953851838

Exstension for 5 more years wit the #thunder....God Is Great, me and my family came a long way...I love yall man forreal, this a blessing! 32 minutes ago via web Retweeted by 100+ people

KDthunderup
Kevin Durant

vnzla81
07-07-2010, 11:18 AM
how much?

JB24
07-07-2010, 11:24 AM
how much?

Just a guess, but i'd say the max.

;)

btowncolt
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Smart to do that before the new CBA.

Sollozzo
07-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Great news.

ChristianDudley
07-07-2010, 11:54 AM
$85 million for 5 years I believe

Pacers2012
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I have lived in OKC since October last year and have like the Thunder since they came to OKC and I lived in Indiana. This organization has had a total make over the past 5yrs. Seattle wasn't committed to the Supersonics and couldn't atleast update key arena which was built in 1962. Thats old compaired to other nba arenas. Pacers called market square home from 1974-1999. I am very happy Durant doesn't find the need to go to a bigger city. If you have been to okc you will notice that the city is not big. Smaller then indianapolis. I have been to plenty of their games including one playoff game against the Lakers which they won. If you are ever in okc during the season you wont find any better entertainment then going to a thunder game. everything espn and other say is very true. the place just has this energy to it much like a college game. the laker thunder playoff game was like a UNC v Duke final four game. This team will be contending for years to come with Durant signing an extention.

PacersPride
07-07-2010, 05:53 PM
our expiring contracts are looking less valuable now than they did before. not sure if durant was ever an option anyways for most teams.. but now why would anyone really have a need to trade for our expirings?

odeez
07-07-2010, 06:04 PM
NO brainer by OKC!

Hoop
07-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Durant is an example of everything good about basketball. Top notch player and human being.

joew8302
07-07-2010, 10:04 PM
You mean superstars can sign contracts without making reality tv shows or having hour long specials dedicated to them? Ill be darn.

Trader Joe
07-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Durant's my favorite non-Pacer player, and I think he'll likely end up being better than Lebron.

Sollozzo
07-07-2010, 10:51 PM
If I'm the Lakers, I'm more concerned about the Thunder than any team in the West right now. As playoff virgins they gave them quite the scare and were inches away from forcing a game 7. They got a taste of the playoffs last season and will be hungry for some serious success next year. Last year was a right of passage that every young team has to go through: Losing in the playoffs to a more experienced team.

A hungry young team as talented as the Thunder is baaaaaaad news for the rest of the NBA.

Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Nuggets....none of those teams worry me as much as OKC if I'm the Lakers...

Next year, the Thunder will be much higher than the 8 seed and won't have to worry about LA in the first round. Last year, they started out 13-14 as they were still learning the tricks to winning in the regular season before going on a tear and finishing with 50 wins. They'll come out hot this season and I think they could win 55 or so games.

Naptown_Seth
07-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Dear Lebron,

That sound you hear is the Durant train headed square into your ego. Get ready to be pushed to the side by a more thrilling yet accessible superstar in the next 2-3 years. Until then enjoy Kobe's shadow.

Nash is still my favorite non-Pacer but Durant's making a nice case. To be honest I think you see a truckload of really good kids in the last 2-3 drafts. Just the other day Jrue Holiday had a fantastic interview after his summer game, including taking ownership of jumping to pass as a flaw he's trying to work on. What's that, you gave a specific example rather than a no-content sports-speak answer?!?!

I think even Mayo seems like a really good kid despite the connection of people trying to buy him into the USC program. Love, Lopez. TWill might be the happiest guy out there whenever he takes the court.

I think we have a golden era of NBA basketball arriving, and I think rookie salary scales and the age rule are big factors in that.

Ozwalt72
07-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Just the other day Jrue Holiday had a fantastic interview after his summer game, including taking ownership of jumping to pass as a flaw he's trying to work on.

I saw that. I was impressed at how good an interviewer he was.

Kevin Durant's probably my favorite NBA star....and its going to be fun to see just how good he will get.

joew8302
07-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Dear Lebron,

That sound you hear is the Durant train headed square into your ego. Get ready to be pushed to the side by a more thrilling yet accessible superstar in the next 2-3 years. Until then enjoy Kobe's shadow.

Nash is still my favorite non-Pacer but Durant's making a nice case. To be honest I think you see a truckload of really good kids in the last 2-3 drafts. Just the other day Jrue Holiday had a fantastic interview after his summer game, including taking ownership of jumping to pass as a flaw he's trying to work on. What's that, you gave a specific example rather than a no-content sports-speak answer?!?!

I think even Mayo seems like a really good kid despite the connection of people trying to buy him into the USC program. Love, Lopez. TWill might be the happiest guy out there whenever he takes the court.

I think we have a golden era of NBA basketball arriving, and I think rookie salary scales and the age rule are big factors in that.

I can only hope you are right. I am not sure earth is a big enough place to hold the egos of Lebron, Bosh and Wade.

I mean Jordan needs seven spaces in a newspaper to announce his plans after winning three titles and the ringless "king" needs an hour long broadcast in primetime? Bosh and Wade need reality TV shows?

This is stuff that drives average joes like a lot of us here nuts about pro athletes.