PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid Stephenson is going to get cut

bphil
07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't recall seeing him take a single three thus far in the two summer league games he's played in.

MillerTime
07-07-2010, 10:29 AM
I hope youre being sarcastic

Theres no way Stephenson gets cut. He the best player we have on the summer league team

bellisimo
07-07-2010, 10:36 AM
yes he is being sarcastic.
would've been better to be in the Stevenson/Stephensen thread though instead of being a new thread.

SMosley21
07-07-2010, 10:51 AM
The 3-point jokes are about as fresh as the white guy jokes.

Speed
07-07-2010, 10:57 AM
It'll be awesome though, if he adds a 3 point shot the next couple of years. In the regular season, if he gets minutes, teams will start playing off of him and it will become pretty apparent how valuable that will be for him. These nooks and crannies he exploits in summer league aren't there in November as much without that threat.

thewholefnshow31
07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I had a good chuckle at this. Even with JOB's fascination with the three point shot there is no way Stephenson gets cut unless he completely implodes.

hoopsforlife
07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
He can shoot the three. I'm over fifty years old and I could shoot the three for JOB.
Making them is another issue all together.
In JOB's system shooting the 3 just spreads the floor for fast break opportunities for the other team. :(

Larry Bird should play for the Pacers. He can still hit the 3 and play at least as good defense as Murphy. Just spot him up, run around for 5 seconds, pass him the ball and away we go.

At least LS (unlike Ford) would get the ball to him.

duke dynamite
07-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Can't get enough of this whole three-point jacking thing going on... :hmm:

Speed
07-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I think we'll need a forum party when Obie hits the door, the distaste for him is palatable. I really can't remember a coach so disliked.

judicata
07-07-2010, 11:51 AM
White people and black people are different, dating is difficult, and airline food is unacceptable.

(paraphrasing Demetri Martin)

Bball
07-07-2010, 11:57 AM

As long as we have a losing coach that overvalues the 3 point shot to the point of questioning his sanity then the jokes hit home more often that not.

odeez
07-07-2010, 11:59 AM
O brother!

woowoo
07-07-2010, 12:00 PM

sadly enough...... they are all a reality... ;)

Putnam
07-07-2010, 12:39 PM
O brother!

I read this and spend a whole minute trying to think of . . . .

. . . . where art thou?

. . . . a man of constant sorrow?

. . . . I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Finally I realized you were just saying, "O, brother!"

Kegboy
07-07-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't see why. No point in guards shooting 3's when you have the bigs doing it for you.*

* Technically, it should be "missing them for you."

TooBigNdaPaint
07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Lance Stephenson can shoot the 3pt (and will get even better over the next two years) but that's not what OBIE wants from his PG. He wants Lance to score at the rim on transition if it's available or dish it out to our 3pt shooters if it's not. Unfortunately, McBrick (a.k.a. McBob) still can't shoot a lick and Paul George is falling in love with his 3pt shot and dribbles way too much. But again, I'm sure that's what Obie wants him to do.....shoot the 3pt shot or break down your man and score with the mid-range shot. Not sure I understand Obie's offensive philosophy. McBrick should be working on his footwork to score inside and build some more muscle on his deltoids, biceps, and triceps so he can bang some more. He's blessed with quick feet and a natural aggressive nature. I can see him being even more effective than Hans on the inside because he's taller and longer than Hans but he doesn't weight train enough as Hans is reportedly doing right now for next season.

Sookie
07-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Lance Stephenson can shoot the 3pt (and will get even better over the next two years) but that's not what OBIE wants from his PG. He wants Lance to score at the rim on transition if it's available or dish it out to our 3pt shooters if it's not. Unfortunately, McBrick (a.k.a. McBob) still can't shoot a lick and Paul George is falling in love with his 3pt shot and he dribbles too much. But, I'm sure that's what Obie wants him to do.....shoot the 3pt shot or break down your man and score with the mid-range shot. Not sure I understand Obie's offensive philosophy. McBrick should be working on his footwork to score inside and build some more muscle on his deltoids, biceps, and triceps so he can bang so more. He's blessed with quick feet and a natural aggressive nature. I can see him being even more effective than Hans on the inside because he's taller and longer than Hans but he doesn't work his body as Hans is reportedly doing right now for next season.

Are you kidding me.

Obie wants his PG to be able to shoot threes. He wants everyone to shoot threes.

Bball
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't see why. No point in guards shooting 3's when you have the bigs doing it for you.*

Silly Kegboy.... It's to space the floor...

Everybody is supposed to shoot the 3 or their value to spacing the court is nil!

Speed
07-07-2010, 01:14 PM
If Roy comes in next year and is a dominant low post player and the main cog in the half court offense, is everyone okay with him being surrounding by 3 point shooters.

I think its possibly Roy turns another corner and can't be guarded one on one by almost any team in the league.

Then does this ridiculousness make sense?

McKeyFan
07-07-2010, 01:21 PM
If Roy comes in next year and is a dominant low post player and the main cog in the half court offense, is everyone okay with him being surrounding by 3 point shooters.

I think its possibly Roy turns another corner and can't be guarded one on one by almost any team in the league.

It makes sense until the last five minutes of the game, when JOB pulls Roy.

McKeyFan
07-07-2010, 01:22 PM
You know, I'll post this thought here.

JOB's puffy comment, "We insist on it!" regarding the question about McBob shooting the three—just rubs me the wrong way.

It's not just JOB's faulty philosophy. You can agree or disagree. It's the attitude he brings. Jim O'Stubborn.

Hicks
07-07-2010, 01:24 PM
This board has jumped the shark, collectively, when it comes to O'Brien. I don't care how much you can't stand him; this is ridiculous.

spazzxb
07-07-2010, 01:30 PM
sadly enough...... they are all a reality... ;)

even when 6 of our last seven draft picks and all of our recent free agents are black. (even more if we discount Euros who will never where a uniform.)

Trophy
07-07-2010, 01:33 PM
:wtf:

MLB007
07-07-2010, 01:41 PM
It'll be awesome though, if he adds a 3 point shot the next couple of years. In the regular season, if he gets minutes, teams will start playing off of him and it will become pretty apparent how valuable that will be for him. These nooks and crannies he exploits in summer league aren't there in November as much without that threat.

He shot LESS THAN 25% on shots outside of the paint last year!!! :-o

MLB007
07-07-2010, 01:44 PM

shhhh - you're not supposed to suggest that there could actually be a method to his madness. Not here anyway. :devil:

odeez
07-07-2010, 01:54 PM
You know, I'll post this thought here.

JOB's puffy comment, "We insist on it!" regarding the question about McBob shooting the three—just rubs me the wrong way.

It's not just JOB's faulty philosophy. You can agree or disagree. It's the attitude he brings. Jim O'Stubborn.

I agree, I thought those comments were just ridiculus... Mcbob is not a three pointer shooter period! Sure he can take them every now and then, but to say "we insist on it", should make everyone wonder about this guy. IMO, that's not winning basketball, that's just being stubborn.