PDA

View Full Version : Paul George's Rookie Blog: Entry 1 (Pacers.com)

SMosley21
07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/blog_george_100706.html

http://www.nba.com/pacers/photos/george_blog_250.jpg
It felt really good to pick up a win in our first summer league game together (86-77 over the Magic on Monday). It was a great start to my NBA career and the guys really played well.

I had some nerves at first. But once the game got going and I was able to make a couple of plays running up and down the court a little the nerves eventually started to die out a little. In the beginning, trying to find my place within the game, the nerves were going so I didn't want to make too many mistakes or anything.

Toward the end of the game I felt more comfortable attacking and was able to be more aggressive out there. There are a lot of things I've got to work on but as I get more reps and more minutes under my belt, I'll feel more comfortable.

It's just good to be playing in games again because the past few months have been like a whirlwind.

It seems like ever since I declared for the draft, things have been going non-stop. I haven't really been home, or had a chance to really chill out and kick it with family for a couple of months but it's all fine. This is my job. This is what I have to do. In the offseason, or when my time with basketball is done, I'll have time to hang out and chill.

I enjoy every part of this. It's the reason why I came out, to get this experience and get this chance to do what most people don't get to do. I don't look at it like it's been a hassle or anything I like that. I take this as something I wanted to do and this comes with the whole nature of playing basketball.

And when we play, we want to win. That's why the guys really want to go undefeated in the summer league this year. The Pacers went 5-0 here last year and we want to do the same thing.

It means a lot to us. We don't want to just come out here and compete. We want to actually win. That's what we're playing for. We're not playing to showcase or get our names out. We're playing to win. Everybody's bought into it and that's the reason why I think our team is so united right now.

We play our second game tonight against the Nets, who have Derrick Favors, the third pick in the draft. You always look forward to playing against the guys you came into the league so that should be fun.

I'll check back in tomorrow and hopefully there'll be another victory to talk about.

SMosley21
07-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I love that PG is bringing back the blog on pacers.com

I also love his attitude. He seems to really have his head on his shoulders, and with a lot of rookies with "tons of potential" that's half the battle. I look forward to reading more from the kid.

Dr. Awesome
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
He talked about how everyone has bought into the team game for summer league. This is good news for the people worried about Stephenson.

bellisimo
07-06-2010, 07:04 PM
ah yes....we were undefeated in Summer League...good times...

MaHa3000
07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Had a better game tonight.
10pts, 5 of 15 fg , 0 of 7 3pt., 8 rb, 7 stl, 3 ast, 3 to.
If he would have made a few of those threes, then we all would be going nuts about now. But he was way more aggressive today. Good to see.