Pig Nash
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
2010 Finalists:

Hicks
Naptown_Seth
thunderbird1245

Storylines:

We will have a first time winner for the second year in a row, will it be:

a.) The founder of the forum, the most prolific poster, and a big part of the reason we're all here? (Hicks)

b.) A class of 2011 HoFamer and 2010's Best Debator? (Naptown_Seth)

or

c.) Another class of 2011 HoFamer and 2010's Best Arm Chair Coach? (thunderbird1245)

Past Winners:

2009: count55
2008: Unclebuck
2007: Unclebuck
2006: Peck
2005: Peck
2004: Unclebuck

Sollozzo
07-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I think Hicks has a very pragmatic way of looking at the Pacers. Plus I think he's due for an award. I voted for him.

Los Angeles
07-06-2010, 01:30 PM
This is always the most insanely difficult category to vote in. I'm voting for hicks because I think it's absolutely crazy that he's won so few awards. Sympathy vote? sure. But he also deserves it in his own right, at a level equal to the other two, so I needed to find a reason to sway me, and that's as good as any.

Chuck Chillout
07-06-2010, 02:19 PM
All 3 are huge reasons this is such a great forum. I voted for Seth because even when I don't agree with him, his posts are thought-provoking.

cramerica
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm with LA on this. How has he not been retired from this award a long time ago? He does so much for this board. No offense to the other two...

Kstat
07-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I honestly would not have voted for Hicks as an MVP in recent years, but a season like the previous one takes a good captain to keep the ship afloat. This past year was easily his best.

I don't think the past MVPs were undeserving, but Hicks obviously needs to go in the hall as a first-ballot contributor.

Putnam
07-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Hicks deserves this for the way he has made his mark on this forum. I think it is only right that we all recognize his contribution and reward him for all he's done. I mean, in addition to his very good insightful comments about basketball, Hicks is also the guy who is always around to stamp erotic or rude posts out so the forum is more pleasant for us all to read.

I just wish I knew his real name, so I could thank him properly.

vapacersfan
07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
No offense to hicks, but T-Bird gets my vote.

I do think deserves an award simply for being Hicks (maybe a lifetime award just for the things he has done for this community, and for the fact he has kept it afloat).

thunderbird1245, I think I have posted it before, but when I was talking to a poster one day I mentioned I wished I had 1/1000 of your basketball knowledge. You can make an idiot (like me understand) even the most complicated things (in regards to basketball and you really enjoy what you do. If you had a talk show on the game of basketball, I would watch it religiously.

NI disrespect to Hicks or Naptown_Seth, you are both valuable assets to our community and you both do a great job!

Brad8888
07-07-2010, 10:38 AM
T-Bird's posts alone make this a special board to come to. His knowledge is unsurpassed.

Naptown leads the charge when it comes to adherence to solid basketball strategy as well as giving wide coverage of the college game, and even his most cantankerous posts have an element of humor within the scathing sarcasm, and are always worthwhile reading.

Ultimately, though, without Hicks leading the way by providing the board and making sure he has the right moderators, and providing his own insights to the game, as well as cultivating an environment conducive to thoughtful discussion and debate as well as learning from each other, Pacers Digest would not be what it is today...the best Pacers board on the internet.

Thank you, Hicks! You have my vote for MVP.

bellisimo
07-07-2010, 10:46 AM
i had voted for seth cause i think he brings a different element with his arguments...

EDIT - are we voting for the person that has done the most for this board/website or the poster of the year thing? Im confused now.

Pig Nash
07-08-2010, 12:22 AM
You can use whichever criteria you'd like Belli, it's Most Valuable Poster so if you think posts are all that matters, that's fine, but if you want to give someone credit for other work they do, that is ok too!

Sollozzo
07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Hicks is kind of like Kobe in the 07-08 season. He had a phenomenal career up to that point but somehow never won the MVP award. That year he finally got his dues, much like Hicks is right now.

Naptown_Seth
07-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm with LA on this. How has he not been retired from this award a long time ago? He does so much for this board. No offense to the other two...
That was my thought too. Not sure how he's even eligible, I thought his status was already above award level.

It's like voting for George Washington as "Most Likely to Become President"...too late. :)

But I still voted for him of course.

Pig Nash
07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Congratulations to our 2010 MVP: Hicks!

Hicks
07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I am honored and appreciative. Thanks!

Los Angeles
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
You deserved it, big guy!