PDA

View Full Version : PF FAs of 2011

MyFavMartin
07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Free agents at PF in 2011 from http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-10-11

1. Tim Duncan - ETO... Age 36 in 2011...
2. David West - ETO
3. Al Horford - Restricted
4. Tyson Chandler
5. Zach Randolph
6. Andrei Kirilenko
7. Carl Landry UNRESTRICTED!!!
8. Reggie Evans
9. Dwayne Jones
10. Dante Cunningham

Also, Amir Johnson is a FA this summer with Toronto that intriques me.

ChristianDudley
07-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Toronto and Amir Johnson have already agreed in principle to a new contract...I believe it is like 4 years, $34 million or something like that. Something huge for him.

I would love to get either Horford or Landry, though. I believe either of them would be great next to Hibbert down low.

MyFavMartin
07-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I like Horford a lot but with his restricted FA, I'm matching anything if I'm Atlanta.

Pacers2012
07-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Ill take david west

pacergod2
07-06-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't disagree about them matching anything he is offered. I would too if I were them, but what kind of cap situation are they going to be looking at with Smith, Williams, Johnson, and Horford making as much as they do. Somebody's gotta give, so either Josh Smith is traded or Horford they let go or they pay the LT for the first two years of Horford's deal. Depends on the owner to be honest. They still need a real center and they have a glut of wings. I could also see them trying to trade Marvin Williams who is an excellent defender and has a seemingly reasonable contract.

cdash
07-06-2010, 01:30 PM
For this team? I actually like AK47 the best, and we likely wouldn't have to grossly overpay to get him.

MillerTime
07-06-2010, 03:40 PM
For this team? I actually like AK47 the best, and we likely wouldn't have to grossly overpay to get him.

Hes too injury prone

MillerTime
07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I would go after Horford. We would have to throw a lot of money (which we'll have in 2011) to pry him away from ATL. The Hawks have spent a lot of money on Johnson and Smith, so I dont know how much theyre willing to pay Horford.

I would offer Horford something in the ball park of 5 years $55 million...I dont think ATL would be able to match that

pacers74
07-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I want Landry, but Sac Town will probably match anything we offer.

Ozwalt72
07-06-2010, 04:02 PM
I would offer Horford something in the ball park of 5 years $55 million...I dont think ATL would be able to match that

Depends really on how extreme the changes in the next CBA will be.

CooperManning
07-06-2010, 04:41 PM
If the Kings keep Landry, doesn't that make Jason Thompson expendable? They drafted Cousins/Whiteside and traded for Dalembert (though I know it was mainly because he's expiring). He somewhat fits the "4 with Roy/5 with Tyler" bill.

OakMoses
07-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I would go after Horford. We would have to throw a lot of money (which we'll have in 2011) to pry him away from ATL. The Hawks have spent a lot of money on Johnson and Smith, so I dont know how much theyre willing to pay Horford.

It will take the max to get Horford. Every team in the NBA would be lining up to get Horford at $55 million over 5 years.

pacers74
07-06-2010, 04:52 PM
If the Kings keep Landry, doesn't that make Jason Thompson expendable? They drafted Cousins/Whiteside and traded for Dalembert (though I know it was mainly because he's expiring). He somewhat fits the "4 with Roy/5 with Tyler" bill.

I think either Thompson or Landry would be expendable, but they look like they might have a good rotation if Cousins and Whiteside pan out.

PF: Landry/Thompson
C: Cousins/Whiteside

I would take and start either Thompson or Landry.

cdash
07-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Hes too injury prone

Yeah, he's pretty frail, but for the likely cost and fit for the team, I like him the best of the bunch. I wouldn't be opposed to us trading Murphy+filler for him this year to give him a test run. He doesn't shoot well enough for Obie's system, but he does some Josh Smith types of things. Good athlete, good at roaming around and blocking shots and poking his arms into passing lanes for steals.

OakMoses
07-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah, he's pretty frail, but for the likely cost and fit for the team, I like him the best of the bunch. I wouldn't be opposed to us trading Murphy+filler for him this year to give him a test run. He doesn't shoot well enough for Obie's system, but he does some Josh Smith types of things. Good athlete, good at roaming around and blocking shots and poking his arms into passing lanes for steals.

I like Kirilenko also. He's also much better as a PF than as an SF like Utah plays him. Interesting comparison to Josh Smith, though. Kirilenko is incredibly sound fundamentally and has a nice traditional post game. He goes about things totally differently than Smith, but the effect is about the same.

MyFavMartin
07-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I want Landry, but Sac Town will probably match anything we offer.

Landry is unrestricted, so Sac can match the offer, but he can choose wherever he ends up...

The maximum under the current CBA for a player under 6 years is $9 million or 25% of the salary cap, whichever is greater, the latter being $14.5 mill. What the rules will be after the next CBA, who knows? But it will prolly be similar.

With Landry's ties to the area, he might choose the Pacers, especially if the offer is right...

So what would you offer if you're the Pacers?

pizza guy
07-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Landry would be a great pick up. He's a good player and would fit with RoyRoy well. And, obviously, having a hometown boy that's actually worth a darn would be great PR (unlike drafting Gordon Hayward would've been ;) ). I don't know what kind of $$ he's going to be after, but we'll certainly have the cap space to sign him, especially considering the "home team advantage" that we might have.

If our lineup could look like this:

Mystical PG of the future
Rush/George
Granger
Landry
Hibbert

I think we'd certainly be looking at a young, promising, 7th seed team, and likely better than that if we could find a real coach to go with it.

--pizza

SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31
07-07-2010, 02:01 AM
having spoken to Andrew bogut last summer in the off season i asked who he would want as a pf and the one player who he said he would want is no other than Carl Landry and this is before even Landry sort of made a name for him self. he mentioned that Carl plays so hard and bangs so hard and that he really makes the game difficult or easier if he was on your team, so ever since then i have been paying closer attention to him and realize that Houston made a big mistake in trading him . i would love the pacers to pik him and i think he would make a huge difference sort of like dale.d with a better shot

crunk-juice
07-07-2010, 03:33 AM
i'd throw as much money Landry's way as it takes to bring him in.

Foul on Smits
07-07-2010, 04:46 AM
none of these guys shoot 3's so we'll probably look elsewhere.

Hillman's 'Fro'
07-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Hometown boy ? Landry is from Milwaukee.

CableKC
07-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Hometown boy ? Landry is from Milwaukee.
Landry went to college at some Indiana.

kester99
07-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Purdue.

Hillman's 'Fro'
07-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Yes, I'm aware of that. But it's irrelevant. Eric Gordon woulda been a
'hometown boy'. Landry is not.

Sorry, I'm NOT a Purdue fan (though I'd say the same if he was an
ex-IU Player).

pizza guy
07-07-2010, 08:13 AM
I didn't know he was from Milwaukee, just that he went to Purdue. I guess I assumed he was from Indiana as well.

OK, so we don't have a "home team advantage" to sign him, unless he really liked his time at Purdue. But, he'd still be a great PR move because people know he went to Purdue, and he's a darn good player.

Thanks for correcting me on that, btw.

--pizza

pacers74
07-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Maybe we make a deal with Marcus. Like, we sign you only if you can get your brother to come here next year. Just kidding of course. Marus will probably heading to Europe or the D league.
I think it depends on how much we improve and what the sitiuation is here next year (ie.. the coach). Carl did enjoy his time in Indiana. He even start his college at Vincennes. He is a midwest guy. He is deffinetly worht going after, I am not just not sure he is a max deal type player.

BRushWithDeath
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I am not just not sure he is a max deal type player.

I am absolutely sure that he is not.

MyFavMartin
07-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Yes, I'm aware of that. But it's irrelevant. Eric Gordon woulda been a
'hometown boy'. Landry is not.

Sorry, I'm NOT a Purdue fan (though I'd say the same if he was an
ex-IU Player).

Guess you didn't like Brad Miller either?

pacergod2
07-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Not even remotely close to max money. MAYBE half of what max money is IMO.

Mr. Sobchak
07-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Landry makes a great 6th man type/3rd big...I think he is just too undersized to start full time...

After browsing kingsfans.com and the realgm Kings board, I think most of their fans feel the same way.

MillerTime
07-07-2010, 11:15 AM

I would much rather trade Murphy + filler for a long term solution PG or PF. Theres no point in letter Murphy/AK47 expire because a team/city like Indy wouldnt have the easiest time luring in FAs