PDA

View Full Version : The Lance Stephenson Show [PD]

Hicks
07-06-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.net/2010/07/06/the-lance-stephenson-show-21-pts-5-ast-2-to/

imawhat has a nice video breakdown of Lance's performance from yesterday afternoon.

Rupert Stilinski
07-06-2010, 11:09 AM
I've never had this problem, and am mostly computer illiterate anyway, but it says "missing plug-in" for all the videos. What plug-in am I missing?

bellisimo
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM
I've never had this problem, and am mostly computer illiterate anyway, but it says "missing plug-in" for all the videos. What plug-in am I missing?

they're youtube videos - if you can view youtube - it should be fine...
flash player is what you'd need though..

Rupert Stilinski
07-06-2010, 11:13 AM
they're youtube videos - if you can view youtube - it should be fine...
flash player is what you'd need though..

Damn that's frustrating. I've never had an issue with youtube. Maybe I just need to update my flash, I will try that.

Hicks
07-06-2010, 11:28 AM
I think it's a Chrome issue. I'm getting that, too. A couple of weeks ago, when that happened, I'd just refresh the page and they'd show up. Now it never shows up. Works in IE and Firefox, though.

Anyway, I hope more people check this out because this was an excellent break down of Lance's game.

Brad8888
07-06-2010, 11:35 AM
So, after reviewing imawhat's article, when do we see Stephenson's name on the All Star ballot? He plainly is the best pg to ever don a Pacer uniform with his flawless passing and athleticism, coupled with faultless decision making...

Obviously, it is just one game. But, Stephenson did perform well, and that is more than anyone had a right to hope based on his never playing the position before.

El Pacero
07-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Just wanted to thank imawhat for his hard work on a great post.

McKeyFan
07-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Kudos to Imawhat for the breakdown.

You really captured for us the unique vision and point guard mentality that Stephenson showed us yesterday.

I'm seeing something special here.

naptownmenace
07-06-2010, 12:35 PM
I compared him to Tyreke Evans. He's close to the same size and they both have a knack for getting to the hoop and finishing around the basket. He also reminds me of Gilbert Arenas. Those aren't bad things, IMO. If he can keep his head on straight and learn to adapt to the NBA game, he has the potential to be a great player.

odeez
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for breaking the footage down imawhat. Lance's strength seems to be his number one attribute... being able to overpower his defender to get to the rim or make a strong pass. It should be interesting to see how he does today and the rest of the week.

odeez
07-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I compared him to Tyreke Evans. He's close to the same size and they both have a knack for getting to the hoop and finishing around the basket. He also reminds me of Gilbert Arenas. Those aren't bad things, IMO. If he can keep his head on straight and learn to adapt to the NBA game, he has the potential to be a great player.

I agree 100% with the Tyreke comparision. Also keeping his head on straight. Time will tell, but I love what we are seeing so far!

indyaway
07-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks for breaking the footage down imawhat. Lance's strength seems to be his number one attribute... being able to overpower his defender to get to the rim or make a strong pass. It should be interesting to see how he does today and the rest of the week.

I'd say it's not just his strength, but his inherent confidence that he can attack the rim. You can't coach that. It's something that's been sorely lacking on the Pacers ever since Marquis left.

esabyrn333
07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
This had to be the nicest break down of a guys game I have ever seen Imawat I'll tell ya your a bad *** with your front page work.

I get on here every morning since the front page came up to see if you have any new stuff.

Everyone should watch the break down its great :dance:

naptownmenace
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
This had to be the nicest break down of a guys game I have ever seen Imawat I'll tell ya your a bad *** with your front page work.

I get on here every morning since the front page came up to see if you have any new stuff.

Everyone should watch the break down its great :dance:

True! I forgot to say it in my earlier post. Major props on breaking down his play.

I think the Pacers should lobby to get those 2 missing assists added to the official boxscore for game 1. :)

IndyPacer
07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
His scoring and use of his size and strength didn't surprise me at all, but his passing and playmaking certainly did.