PDA

View Full Version : Joe Dumars possibly leaving Detroit for New Jersey

Kstat
07-05-2010, 05:56 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67831/20100705/nets_interview_dumars_bower/#ixzz0sncrknnG

On one hand, I'd be sad to see him go. On the other hand, I'm excited at the idea of getting John Hammond back, assuming that would be their first move should Joe leave.

One thing is for sure, the sooner the Pistons get a new owner, the better. Joe wouldn't be leaving unless spending restrictions were a major issue.

wintermute
07-05-2010, 07:08 AM
whoa whoa...

what is going on with the pistons? presumably they must have given permission to the nets to interview dumars? is this a case of new ownership possibly wanting their own guy?

and why do you think hammond will be available? isn't he under contract with the bucks?

Kstat
07-05-2010, 07:09 AM
and why do you think hammond will be available? isn't he under contract with the bucks?

...and Dumars is under contract with the Pistons....

you can hire away coaches and GMs anytime you want, so long as they are willing.

I would hope Hammond, who came up in the Detroit system, would be option #1, but new management may indeed have their own guy in mind.

Supposedly, the Pistons will have a new owner before training camp.

wintermute
07-05-2010, 07:18 AM
...and Dumars is under contract with the Pistons....

you can hire away coaches and GMs anytime you want, so long as they are willing.

you forgot the part where the home team has to be willing to let other teams negotiate with their guy.

i could understand the pistons giving dumars freedom to interview given their uncertain ownership, but the bucks are a different matter. at the very least, their summer spending spree shows commitment to hammond's vision for the next few years.

Kegboy
07-05-2010, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't be quick to assume Hammond would definitely come back. He certainly could, but he's got a pretty nice situation in Milwaukee. These contracts that a lot of people are ridiculing show that at the very least he has a very long leash to do what he wants how he wants it.

Kstat
07-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm not assuming anything. It was just a thought.

spreedom
07-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I live in Madison, and can tell you that locally, everyone here that follows the Bucks absolutely loves Hammond... so I would say that the odds of the Bucks letting him walk are pretty slim.

pwee31
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't want the Pistons to be good again

rexnom
07-05-2010, 12:23 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67831/20100705/nets_interview_dumars_bower/#ixzz0sncrknnG

On one hand, I'd be sad to see him go. On the other hand, I'm excited at the idea of getting John Hammond back, assuming that would be their first move should Joe leave.

One thing is for sure, the sooner the Pistons get a new owner, the better. Joe wouldn't be leaving unless spending restrictions were a major issue.
Are spending restrictions really a bad thing for ole Joe at this point?

count55
07-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Are spending restrictions really a bad thing for ole Joe at this point?

Well, other than the fact that they may have come a year to late, I can't think of any real downside.

Brad8888
07-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Pistons may decide to grab Kevin Pritchard if Dumars heads to Newark.

cordobes
07-05-2010, 07:02 PM
I read somewhere that Dumars and the Nets denied the interview.

Anyway, Dumars is the type of GM I'd expect Prokhorov to hire.