PDA

View Full Version : GS/MIN/NY three-way involving Ellis, Jefferson, and Lee?

Shade
07-04-2010, 12:58 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/ex_sun_ready_to_rise_on_broadway_AD5etD0cdoWuYJELk PBzsM

There's been rumors of a three-way trade talk between Golden State, Minnesota and the Knicks where Lee winds up with the Timberwolves, Monta Ellis comes to the Knicks and Al Jefferson goes to Golden State. Lee visited Minnesota yesterday and it has only $7 million in cap room, meaning he'd want a sign-and-trade.

cdash
07-04-2010, 01:01 PM
So the Warriors reportedly turn down a Mayo/Thabeet for Ellis deal, and now they are discussing a deal to get Al Jefferson instead? Ehhh...

Mourning
07-04-2010, 01:15 PM
So the Warriors reportedly turn down a Mayo/Thabeet for Ellis deal, and now they are discussing a deal to get Al Jefferson instead? Ehhh...

IF true then, yes, that would indeed be a pretty, let's put it mildly, "curious" decision by the Warriors staff.

Pig Nash
07-04-2010, 01:21 PM
If this happens, it just makes me mad that we only got Scot Pollard.

Shade
07-04-2010, 01:24 PM

Hey, Scot may suck...but he gets paid a lot to suck! :laugh:

...TWSS?

Mourning
07-04-2010, 01:30 PM

Well I guess humour has value aswell and was counted as part of the S&T at the time. Btw don't forget Hedo also was part of that S&T. He just was dealt to the Spurs, I think, immediately, while we kept the comedian :suicide:

Pig Nash
07-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I guess I should say it makes me mad all we got was Scot Pollard and Danny Ferry?'s retiring no contract.

vnzla81
07-04-2010, 01:37 PM
so GS wants to have Al in the front court? what about Udoh or the other PF's?

By the way if I was New York I would try to get my hands on Gilbert Arenas and maybe send the expiring contract of Eddie Curry for him and another piece.

Pig Nash
07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Al would be center for GS for sure. Nelson might actually make Obie's dream come true with 5 pgs in the starting five at some point.

Los Angeles
07-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Say what you will about Scot Pollard and the likelyhood we could have gotten more.

But I think the issue of whether or not Brad Miller was worth that contract has finally been laid to rest.

S&T Brad Miller to another team? DING! Correct move!

Trade him for Scot Pollard and peanuts? BZZZZ! I'm sorry, wrong answer.

Hicks
07-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Yes, that's the often forgotten/neglected part of the Brad Miller trade: Even as a player headed out the door, he still netted us Pollard AND Hedo Turkoglu, but who wants to keep a young up-and-coming Hedo when you can have a glorious expiring contract! :happydanc

Los Angeles
07-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Uh Oh, Peck's viewing this thread. Indianapolis area brain explosion in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Shade
07-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Uh Oh, Peck's viewing this thread. Indianapolis area brain explosion in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

That's okay. The neighbors will just assume he's setting off fireworks.

imawhat
07-04-2010, 02:43 PM
This trade doesn't make sense. Golden State just used their 6th pick on Udoh.

If Lee goes to the Timberwolves (which also doesn't make sense when moving Jefferson is to get Love more playing time), they will challenge the Pacers for the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA.

CableKC
07-04-2010, 02:52 PM
My guess is that Biedrins is out of the picture with the Warriors. Let's see here.....if this happens, the Warriors will have AlJeff, Biedrins, Randolph and Udoh sharing major minutes at the PF/C spot. Makes total sense to me :lol:

Too bad that we have Hibbert for the future, I really think that Biedrins is an absolute steal at $9 mil a year for a highly efficient low post scoring Center that can rebound and block shots. He's not as effective against the bruising Centers....but he's a very solid Center that is ineffectively used in a Nellie run system.

MillerTime
07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I think Lee is going to be a huge disappointment once he leaves D'Antoni's system. Its going to remind me of Marion. Once Marion left Suns he never put up the same kind of numbers that he did in PHX and thats all because he was a product of the system.

DrFife
07-04-2010, 02:56 PM
This trade doesn't make sense. Golden State just used their 6th pick on Udoh.

If Lee goes to the Timberwolves (which also doesn't make sense when moving Jefferson is to get Love more playing time), they will challenge the Pacers for the worst defensive frontcourt in the NBA.

I suspect that in Nellie's offense, especially, Udoh could/would/can/will back up Biedrins at center as well as Jefferson at PF. The Warriors would benefit nicely from Jefferson's scoring ability down low. Udoh will enhance the defense.

Mourning
07-04-2010, 03:20 PM
I suspect that in Nellie's offense, especially, Udoh could/would/can/will back up Biedrins at center as well as Jefferson at PF. The Warriors would benefit nicely from Jefferson's scoring ability down low. Udoh will enhance the defense.

What I was thinking aswell. Biedrins and Udoh take care of the defensive duties mainly in the frontcourt, while Jefferson handles the offensive roles, switching from PF to C depending on who else is playing for the Warriors in the frontcourt.

CableKC
07-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I think Lee is going to be a huge disappointment once he leaves D'Antoni's system. Its going to remind me of Marion. Once Marion left Suns he never put up the same kind of numbers that he did in PHX and thats all because he was a product of the system.
This isn't like Marion leaving one of the best Stat enhancing PGs in the NBA.....Lee got his rebounds/scoring/whatever not based off of the system....but from skills that I think would translate into any system. I think that hustle, rebounding Energy and scoring/putback guys like Lee would fit into any system.

Maybe his #s wouldn't be as great as it is in D'Antoni's system...but I don't think there will be a huge dropoff.

Mourning
07-04-2010, 03:40 PM
I think Minnesota's frontcourt would be pretty much just as horribly defensively with Lee OR Jefferson. There both not exactly stallions on defense. It would probably save the Timberwolves quite a lot of money and they can resign Darko (probably) instead of just having Jefferson on the books.

I don't know: get Lee and keep Darko or keep Jefferson. Not of fan of either Darko or Lee, but neither am I of Jefferson. Guess it depends on how flexible you want your team to be against opposing teams.

tadscout
07-04-2010, 03:41 PM

But Lee put up solid numbers even before D'Antoni was the coach...

Jim R
07-04-2010, 03:41 PM
If I was Golden State considering that deal, I'd just cut Minnesota out and deal with NY in a deal for Lee.

Trader Joe
07-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Hedo Turkoglu?

vapacersfan
07-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Say what you will about Scot Pollard and the likelyhood we could have gotten more.

But I think the issue of whether or not Brad Miller was worth that contract has finally been laid to rest.

S&T Brad Miller to another team? DING! Correct move!

Trade him for Scot Pollard and peanuts? BZZZZ! I'm sorry, wrong answer.

I agree with that.

I always wondered if we could not get more, or if the front office was just in a rush to make that move.

NapTonius Monk
07-04-2010, 05:51 PM
My guess is that Biedrins is out of the picture with the Warriors. Let's see here.....if this happens, the Warriors will have AlJeff, Biedrins, Randolph and Udoh sharing major minutes at the PF/C spot. Makes total sense to me :lol:

Too bad that we have Hibbert for the future, I really think that Biedrins is an absolute steal at $9 mil a year for a highly efficient low post scoring Center that can rebound and block shots. He's not as effective against the bruising Centers....but he's a very solid Center that is ineffectively used in a Nellie run system.As well as Brendan Wright. But it opens the door for trade opportunities. No more than acquiring a plethora of wings. Oh, wait

tadscout
07-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Looks like this was a bogus rumor-

The Warriors are not interested in acquiring Al Jefferson in a trade with the Timberwolves, sources tell Marcus Thompson of the Contra Costa Times.

Minnesota GM David Kahn has been shopping Jefferson throughout the offseason.

Via Marcus Thompson/Contra Costa Times (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67826/20100704/sources_warriors_uninterested_in_al_jefferson/#ixzz0slARM8HO

For me if it's a rumor involving the Twolves I'm taking it with little grain of salt, b/c obviously Kahn is one of those GM's that throws things against the wall in trying to make offers... leaks it, then occasionally villain-ize the other GM for not getting said deal done or flips the story around saying it was the other GM that came to him.

DrBadd01
07-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I guess I should say it makes me mad all we got was Scot Pollard and Danny Ferry?'s retiring no contract.

If I recall correctly didn't we also have the shot keeping Hedo, but instead chose to send him to SA to get rid of Mercer?

pwee31
07-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah Kahn seems like a douche. He offers trades, teams say no way, and then he comes out trying to make the other GMs look like bad guys or idiots. Too bad he keeps making idiot moves himself. Pekovic gets 3 year 13 million. Darko gets 4 years 20 million? Smooth moves

You trade pick #16 (Babbitt) and Gomes for Webster? really? Trevor Booker at #23? Could be solid but seriously?

You're offering Jefferson to almost anybody to the put where you HAVE to trade him now.

Your best prospect doesn't even want to come over to play with the team in Rubio.

The Wolves franchise is in trouble.