PDA

View Full Version : Granger to the nets? {Bleacher Report trash}

Pacers2012
07-04-2010, 03:00 AM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/NBA_Trade_Rumor_Danny_Granger_to_the_Nets/2834678

After reading this article granger to the nets might not be as bad i'd i had previously thought.

With doing this we would solve the pg spot and at a modest contract through 2012-13 9mil a year. Almost the type of deal granger is on with bang for your buck.

Derek Favor is one of the best pf in recent years from the draft. And has the nba body to be a 10 n 10 guy. Next to Roy they would be a pretty big wall to the rim.

Granger is gone but, George a more athletic granger could possibly be the best player out of this draft. Being put into a starting role right away could be a great opportunity for him and really drive him.

Not to metion we will have our cap space next year and could upgrade on a sg and sf along with some other key players. That could be a contending team in say 4yrs.

quinnthology
07-04-2010, 03:10 AM
I like the reward side, but the risk is just too great. Trading away Granger could easily have huge negative ramifications for our team if Favors underwhelms and Harris continues to be a mediocre shooter (40%, 27%) and generally overrated point guard. Like Bill Simmons says, it doesn't matter who you are, if you're the best player on a 12 win team, you're just not that good.

MillerTime
07-04-2010, 03:17 AM
I actually dont mind this trade but I dont think the Nets will give us Favour and Harris for just Granger. If they do, I think its a no brainer for Bird to pull the deal

We would have a great core of Harris, Rush, George, Favours and Hibbert. With talent like that it would attract other FA to come to Indy

Day-V
07-04-2010, 03:18 AM
BleacherReport......

MillerTime
07-04-2010, 03:21 AM
BleacherReport......

That source has no credibility

pacers74
07-04-2010, 05:58 AM
This has already been discussed. This won't probably happen, but I am not totally against it. It would shake things up.

BigDawg44
07-04-2010, 07:07 AM
I like the reward side, but the risk is just too great. Trading away Granger could easily have huge negative ramifications for our team if Favors underwhelms and Harris continues to be a mediocre shooter (40%, 27%) and generally overrated point guard. Like Bill Simmons says, it doesn't matter who you are, if you're the best player on a 12 win team, you're just not that good.

No one ever hit a home run without swinging the bat.

Anthem
07-04-2010, 08:55 AM
No one ever hit a home run without swinging the bat.
You also don't hit a home run by swinging at every pitch that comes within 10 feet of the plate.

BigDawg44
07-04-2010, 10:29 AM
we haven't. in fact i would go so far to say that we haven't taken the bat off of our shoulders...which is why we are in limbo.