PDA

View Full Version : A look at 2011 (possible lineup)

Pacers2012
07-03-2010, 02:20 AM
With the trade value of granger, d.jones, rush, mcbob and the expiring contracts of murphy, ford, dunleavy, soloman and foster. not to mention our cap space in 2011. The pacers are in for many changes in the next 2 years.

The pacers will be virtually a totally different looking team all together with our rookies and young players.

so what are the possible scenarios? If you were bird what team would you try to bring together in 2011

this scenario is possible

Tony Parker, Shaun Livingston, AJ Price

Brandon Rush, Lance Stephenson, dhantay jones

Danny Granger, Paul George

Al Horford, Magnum Rolle, Josh Mcbob

Roy Hibbert, Jeff Foster, Soloman Jones

Psyren
07-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Could you show us how exactly we ended up with Parker and Horford?

Not saying it's not possible, just curios as to what we'd be losing, since we'd likely have to throw in picks of some kind.

xBulletproof
07-03-2010, 02:41 AM
Could you show us how exactly we ended up with Parker and Horford?

Not saying it's not possible, just curios as to what we'd be losing, since we'd likely have to throw in picks of some kind.

They're free agents, and we'll have cap space. Why would we have to throw in anything except a barrel of cash?

I don't see us being capable of affording both players, but that's a different story.

Pacers2012
07-03-2010, 02:45 AM
this would be the 2011-12 season line up. Parker will be an FA. Horford however would be harder to obtain since he is restricted next year. only way we could really get him would be in a 3 team trade with us sending rush a 1st rounder and like soloman. i was thinkin he was a fa when i put him in the line up

Psyren
07-03-2010, 02:52 AM
They're free agents, and we'll have cap space. Why would we have to throw in anything except a barrel of cash?

I don't see us being capable of affording both players, but that's a different story.
Yes, but Horford is restricted.

We'd have to make some type of S&T, unless we offer him some crazy deal that Atlanta won't match.

PaceBalls
07-03-2010, 02:57 AM
It appears Atlanta is about to break the bank on Joe, so maybe they won't match? I don't think we would be the only team offering Horford a contract though.

Pacers2012
07-03-2010, 03:00 AM
it could also be

felton, farmar, price
rush, lance, jones
granger, george
david west, rolle, mcbob
hibbert, foster, jones

west is a fa next yr

I Love P
07-03-2010, 03:19 AM
pacers2012...i respect the magnum xl rolle picture...but you have to be serious. next year when we have cap space we arent signing anyone because next years free agent class is no good. if we had the cap space this year that we will have next year we could sign sometbody good. signing joe johnson to a max contract is terrible for the hawks. the knicks signed amare to a 5 year 100 million dollar deal, thats good. i dont want tony parker/yao ming next summer. lets make a trade with our expring contracts and bring in somebody worth a damn. i love the pacers, i'd die for them. next years FA class is jose (GARBajose). pacers are ****ed, it sucks but its true. a jordan famar signing would be huge just like the dahntay signing last season. those are pieces to building a championship team.

go hansbrough.....get your ears healthy

Sollozzo
07-03-2010, 03:21 AM
With the trade value of granger, d.jones, rush, mcbob and the expiring contracts of murphy, ford, dunleavy, soloman and foster. not to mention our cap space in 2011. The pacers are in for many changes in the next 2 years.

The pacers will be virtually a totally different looking team all together with our rookies and young players.

so what are the possible scenarios? If you were bird what team would you try to bring together in 2011

this scenario is possible

Tony Parker, Shaun Livingston, AJ Price

Brandon Rush, Lance Stephenson, dhantay jones

Danny Granger, Paul George

Al Horford, Magnum Rolle, Josh Mcbob

Roy Hibbert, Jeff Foster, Soloman Jones

That's a realistic lineup if you're playing the franchise mode on 2K. Otherwise.........

diamonddave00
07-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Why is everyone wanting Foster re-signed after this season? He turns 34 and has chronic back and hip problems. If he re-signs what would you pay him?

xBulletproof
07-03-2010, 04:28 AM
Yes, but Horford is restricted.

We'd have to make some type of S&T, unless we offer him some crazy deal that Atlanta won't match.

It probably won't take some crazy offer, truthfully. Unless Atlanta is willing to brave the luxury tax. Daring move for a team who's lacked support, even this year. In the bottom 1/3 of the league in percentage of seats sold during a 53 win season.

Next year in 6 players right now, they have accounted for 30 million dollars in salary. Joe Johnson will likely push that number to 45 million in 7 players. That still doesn't count their draft picks this year, or next. And they'll still need several more players. Signing Horford to what it should cost will put them insanely close, or into luxury tax area. Not sure they'll do it.

PacersPride
07-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Why is everyone wanting Foster re-signed after this season? He turns 34 and has chronic back and hip problems. If he re-signs what would you pay him?

would love to see foster resigned if he has anything left.. mainly due to the fact he is the only remaining pacer from the nba finals and ive always loved his hustle and unselfish. basically he deserves to retire a pacer.

with that said, its a business and if the price isnt right.. he has to go.

pwee31
07-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Why is Hansbrough missing out of these projected lineups?

Pacersalltheway10
07-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Atalnta will probably try to do anything they can to resign their All Star PF.

MillerTime
07-03-2010, 11:34 AM
ATL will match whatever we are willing to give Horford. They're not about to lose they young All Star PF

Ozwalt72
07-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Atalnta will probably try to do anything they can to resign their All Star PF.

If Joe Johnson decides to sign with them, and if they seem to have "peaked" next year at a clear step weaker than Orlando, Boston, whoever signs these FAs.....I could see them doing a sign and trade with Horford for prospects.

Say we sign Horford to an offer sheet but the Hawks approach us about Hansbrough, McRoberts, draft pick or some other asset. As they don't want to pay Horford a mega-high salary but do not want to lose him empty handed. We'd have the cap to do such a deal.

NuffSaid
07-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Working off the assumption that Watson and Head won't be re-signed and that everyone else will still be here next season, I'd have to say our starting lineup will be the same:

Hibbert - C
Granger - SF
TJ Ford - PG
BRush - SG
Murphy - PF

That's enough to think not much will change next year, right? The difference is in the backups OR how the rotations go OR whether you keep Granger at the 3 or move him to the 2. If things remain relatively the same, I think the roster/rotations would look like this:

Hibbert/Foster - C
Granger/Dahntey - SF
TJ Ford/AJ Price - PG
BRush/Dunleavy - SG
Murphy/Hansborough - PF

That puts Solo. McRoberts and all 3 draftees on the bench. I doubt McRoberts and George would sit for long, though. So, assuming that Granger does move to (or play some) SG, and McRoberts and George sees some playing time, the roster/rotations could look something like this:

Hibbert/Foster - C
Dunleavy/Dahntey - SF
TJ Ford/AJ Price - PG
Granger/BRush/George - SG
Murphy/Hansborough/McRoberts - PF

Personally, I like the last lineup/rotation better especially if either Foster or Hansborough are first off the bench.