PDA

View Full Version : We want livingston

Pacers2012
07-02-2010, 10:17 PM
I've seen more then a few people wanting livingston on PD. He is some what of a dark horse since there has been no talk of him what so ever which sort of shocks me.

Its been years since his knee injury is more then likely just now getting comfortable on the floor. Last year with the wizards of all teams he averaged 4.4apg n 9.2 ppg averaging 25min. He only played 26 games but, during those games he looked very good for only playing 22 games the past 3 years. the year he had the knee injury he averaged 5.1apg and 9.3ppg

Now he is a FA and will not be resigned more then likely by the wizards with wall and gilbert there. We all know livingston will not draw a big contract since many teams have him as a question mark.

Upside is he is 6'7 and oh yea is still only 24. He can shoot, pass, and defend. He can pretty much do it all seeing that he towers over guards and can see everything going on on the court.

What ever team signs him will be getting a amazing deal. He most likely ink a deal in the 2-4 mil range depending on who is signing him.

for those who don't want livingston. i leave you with some of his highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QQXQh_6nI

count55
07-02-2010, 10:21 PM
I would be absolutely floored if Livingston got anything more than a minimum contract.

Ozwalt72
07-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Pre-injury clips of a player that has only played in 48 games in the last 4 years really do nothing for me.

esabyrn333
07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Do you have any clips of him after the injury....

I am not saying I don't want him I just want to see how his game is post knee injury

Pacers2012
07-02-2010, 10:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTefU7co6Eg&feature=related

there are only short clips of him with the wiz. he moves fine now. knee injuries take years to get over only thing positive from his is that it happend when he was young. This isn't to say some players are never the same after. Some rehab and have good careers there after. stoudemire had his knee injury young and now is a top FA.

ChristianDudley
07-02-2010, 10:33 PM
I would LOVE to have him, just to see how he'd do in our offense. I think he'd be a great player for us, but I just hope that he stays healthy.

07-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Stick a fork in'em.

Pacers2012
07-02-2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7Kx9-LP1w&feature=related

here we go 3min of his wiz highlights

TheRifleman51
07-02-2010, 10:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LgYbdRJTQQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9cFfySB6Do&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LgYbdRJTQQ&feature=related

He looks fine for a one year rental to me

Pacers2012
07-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Stick a fork in'em.

he's 24 thats how old some of our past draft picks are and they dont have years of experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7Kx9-LP1w&feature=related

just look at the wiz video and tell me he is done

speakout4
07-02-2010, 10:46 PM
He may not ever be what he was but I would like to see us give him a shot. Every year of rehap will increase his mobility. The risk to us is minimal as anywhere from possible starter to b/u to b/u of the b/u.

We are not looking for anything long term presently.

graphic-er
07-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Give him the keys please. 2 year deal.

Pacergeek
07-02-2010, 11:22 PM
NO.

He is a clear downgrade from Earl Watson. Maybe he is as good as Price. Probably better than TJ Ford.

Point here is that we can do better than Livingston.

Kemo
07-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I've seen more then a few people wanting livingston on PD. He is some what of a dark horse since there has been no talk of him what so ever which sort of shocks me.

Its been years since his knee injury is more then likely just now getting comfortable on the floor. Last year with the wizards of all teams he averaged 4.4apg n 9.2 ppg averaging 25min. He only played 26 games but, during those games he looked very good for only playing 22 games the past 3 years. the year he had the knee injury he averaged 5.1apg and 9.3ppg

Now he is a FA and will not be resigned more then likely by the wizards with wall and gilbert there. We all know livingston will not draw a big contract since many teams have him as a question mark.

Upside is he is 6'7 and oh yea is still only 24. He can shoot, pass, and defend. He can pretty much do it all seeing that he towers over guards and can see everything going on on the court.

What ever team signs him will be getting a amazing deal. He most likely ink a deal in the 2-4 mil range depending on who is signing him.

for those who don't want livingston. i leave you with some of his highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QQXQh_6nI

I've been a fan since L.A. Clippers got him ..
I really believed up untill his freak injury , that he would be a top 5 p.g. in the league and was clearly on the rise to get there ..

I would absolutely LOVE to get him here and give him the starter's reins and see if he can continue where he left off before his injury..

I think he can and has been in the 25 games he played since coming back..

The Pacers would be very foolish not to go after him quickly , while his contract would be relatively low for us to aquire him..
I'd like to lock him up in a 2 year guaranteed deal 1 year NOT guaranteed with a team option ...for a total of 3 years..

I love his size and athleticism and his basketball IQ along with his passing decisions.. Heck in all honesty, Livingston is pretty well rounded yet he is either good to very good in different aspects of his game..

I most definitely believe he has a bit to go before reaching his ceiling..
He has something to prove , and I believe could really make everyone better around him..

GET IT DONE LARRY !!!!!!!!!

graphic-er
07-02-2010, 11:28 PM
We'd have one of the tallest backcourts in the league with Livingston, George, and Granger.

Merz
07-02-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't see any risk in giving him a chance at a low price.

Do it.

Sookie
07-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Maybe between him and AJ we can get a good set of knees..

ReginaldWayne
07-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Livingtson lol, I saw a lot of clippers game his rookie year pretty much specifically to watch him bc i a 6 fot 7 pg intrigued me. He did have some beautiful passes that yr and even though he was a rail was just so much taller than the defender. He did a lot of post up and sometimes hit the fade away but not at really a high percent. Watching him recently though he just doesnt look the same but i guess i wouldnt be surprised if he put up decent numbers for whoevers hes with nx yr in a back up roll.

As far as im concerned i wouldnt mind signing him but only at a very low salary if its possible, hes not worth a longer contract than a 2 yr deal unless its like i said basically minimum. We have nothing to lose anyways it would be an experiment where if it didnt work out it doesnt really mean much were not a strong playoff team anywaym but if it worked out that could potentially be a nice plus.

I remember watching him his rookie year thinking damn he could be a really great player in a few years, but obv that isnt the case any longer

El Pacero
07-03-2010, 12:24 AM
This is sorta off topic, but trying to remember Livingston reminded me of Cedric Jackson. He was going crazy during the end of the last game of the season in DC. I was yelling at him.

Jackson, who has been making his living on various 10-day contracts, scored all of his career-high eight points in the final 5 minutes. "That little guard, I don't even know his name," Granger said. "No. 9, down the stretch he was pretty good."
http://espn.go.com/nba/recap/_/id/300414027/indiana-pacers-vs-washington-wizards

Closer look at Cedric Jackson (http://www.projectspurs.com/2010-articles/march/a-closer-look-at-cedric-jackson.html)

He was a fun young PG to watch at least, but he's playing summer league with Wiz.

jeffg-body
07-03-2010, 12:24 AM
I'd say hell yeah. If we could get Livingston for the cheap and get another quality PG we could be set in the backcourt. I Livingston/Collison backcourt would be good.

redfoster
07-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Yes, please.

Peck
07-03-2010, 01:09 AM
I remember that both Uncle Buck & myself were high on him when he was with the Clips. I think both of us thought he would end up being a top 10 p.g.

Having said that, if we can get him cheap, what have we got to lose?

At worst he is a Luther Head where he comes in for a year and is gone. At best he makes a strong comeback and being only 24 he still might have some good years left in him.

Now the downside is that I don't remember him being that much of a shooter so I don't know how well he would fit in here with JOB's system, but prior to the knee he was a slasher and a scorer.

Like I said we are not going to do much better in this market so unless we can pull off a trade for a better guard then sure, why not.

Kegboy
07-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Boy, this kid sure was something else before the injury. Damn shame. Somebody should shut the Clippers down before somebody loses a leg playing for them.

Day-V
07-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Eeeeeeh, no thanks.

Pacers2012
07-03-2010, 03:24 AM
http://www.bulletsforever.com/2010/6/8/1507560/even-with-john-wall-re-signing

Must see article on the importance of signing shaun livingston

pacers74
07-03-2010, 06:16 AM
http://www.bulletsforever.com/2010/6/8/1507560/even-with-john-wall-re-signing

Must see article on the importance of signing shaun livingston

That article go me pumped up. I just fear if we signed him he would come here and stink it up. What if last year was just a flash, and he gets here and is back to where he was before the last half of last year.
Dont get me wrong, if we could sign for cheap on a 2 year deal with the second year a team option than I'm all for it.

dohman
07-03-2010, 09:35 AM
He cannot be any worse than diner, sarunus, tinsley or ford.

MLB007
07-03-2010, 09:44 AM
We'd have one of the tallest backcourts in the league with Livingston, George, and Granger.

Um, Granger is a forward........;)

Justin Tyme
07-03-2010, 10:10 AM
IIRC on 4/13, I started a thread about Livingston with stats to show how he had been playing of late. I asked what others thought about him. A few posters had positive comments about him while others could only point out his past injury and weren't interested. I seems now the pendulum was swung the other way. Why? It makes me wonder if the reason is b/c the general feeling was the Pacers would get a PG in the draft or in a trade. Since that hasn't happened, posters are looking at any and all PG's, and aren't as picky as b4. IOW, desperation has changed their minds about Shaun Livingston.

I would be very interested in putting Livingston in a Pacers uni, but not at 3 mil a year deal. A deal at 1.5-2 mil the 1st year guaranteed, 2nd year partially guaranteed, and a 3rd year a TO.

I think he could be a good PG for the Pacers even in a b/u role. The Pacers always keep 3 PG's and sometimes 4 like last year. W/o knowing how Price's injury is going to turn out or when he'll be ready to play again, I think getting Livingston is a prudent move, especially if he can be gotten cheap. If the Pacers don't make a PG move, Livingston will be starting over Ford by Christmas, and the Pacers can take their time finding a PG, for the 012-13 season.

Bird needs to get a deal done b4 someone else signs Livingston. Just like he should have signed Torrance to a non-guaranteed contract b4 another team signed him to play for them in summer league.

SoupIsGood
07-03-2010, 10:18 AM
A guy who injured almost every part of his knee?—And wasn't exactly an ironman beforehand? On the Pacers?

I'd rather look elsewhere. He has skills, but this would not end well.

Justin Tyme
07-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I would be absolutely floored if Livingston got anything more than a minimum contract.

How much is the minimum? Is the minimum the same for as the vet minimum? Doesn't the NBA pay part of the vet minimum? How many years service to be considered a vet?

Pacersalltheway10
07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
He hasn't really been given the chance to play most often but when he does play he puts up some good numbers. He's been bouncing around teams who already have their starting point guard of the future. sign him

MillerTime
07-03-2010, 11:54 AM
a few teams have given him a chance, hes just not that same after since his knee injury. He doesnt have the same bounce in his step

Sparhawk
07-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm all for Livingston. Just think if the Pacers make a trade, cut McRoberts Price and sign Livingston and Marcus Williams. Two PGs at 6'7" and then there's still Stevenson. Tallest backcourt in the league baby!!

MillerTime
07-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm all for Livingston. Just think if the Pacers make a trade, cut McRoberts Price and sign Livingston and Marcus Williams. Two PGs at 6'7" and then there's still Stevenson. Tallest backcourt in the league baby!!

Cut McRoberts? What are you thinking? Theres no way the Pacers should do this. Hes one player that has shown a lot of promise

dohman
07-03-2010, 12:22 PM
a few teams have given him a chance, hes just not that same after since his knee injury. He doesnt have the same bounce in his step

in okc behind westbrook and in washington behind gilbert who had a AMAZING year.

Look at his stats when he was on the floor. They are pretty freaking good. How many games did you watch of his last year? Can you only see the fact that he injured his knee years ago. He is back in the nba, he has shown potential to be a good PG again.

I would give him a shot. he has something to prove and he has all the tools to be a legit pg for this team.

speakout4
07-03-2010, 02:33 PM
The consensus wisdom of this board says Do It, Larry.

Sparhawk
07-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Cut McRoberts? What are you thinking? Theres no way the Pacers should do this. Hes one player that has shown a lot of promise

It was getting boring talking about all the PGs. I just wanted to post something different.

If the Pacers don't go after Livingston or try and trade for Ramon Sessions, George Hill or Darren Collison, then I honestly don't care who they sign. Bring back Earl Watson, cause they won't sign a decent PG with their ****ty statement of we only want a 1 year rental around $3mil range. And the Pacers will be mediocre again and probably get another late lottery pick.

And that's fine too. Cause that will mean Bird & JOB will hopefully be gone. What more can you really want than that?

I'm very happy with the draft and the type of athleticism that the players will bring. But the guys are pretty young, so unless the Pacers make some trades, I don't see the team making the Playoffs.

Ozwalt72
07-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm very happy with the draft and the type of athleticism that the players will bring. But the guys are pretty young, so unless the Pacers make some trades, I don't see the team making the Playoffs.

We make the Playoffs and it could mean a JOb extension....

I'm ok with waiting till next year.

Pacers2012
07-03-2010, 05:37 PM
He hasn't really been given the chance to play most often but when he does play he puts up some good numbers. He's been bouncing around teams who already have their starting point guard of the future. sign him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7Kx9-LP1w

thats his wizards highlights

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2010/6...all-re-signing

and you should take a look at that article. players just don't get there step back the next year after an injury like that. it takes years and its been years. he is only 24 and is worth signing with the big upside he has.