PDA

View Full Version : Lebron/Wade to join forces in Chicago rather than Miami?

rousea24
07-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Wade not ready to commit to Bulls
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo Sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjWayO_6YYvTq7sH9bYdE6K8vLYF?slug=aw-wadelebronbulls072010

Chicago Bulls executives pressed Dwyane Wade(notes) for a commitment on Friday afternoon, but the star free-agent guard wasn’t ready to make such a leap to leave the ami Heat, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

The Bulls were pushing for a commitment to arm them in a meeting set for Saturday with LeBron James(notes) in Cleveland. Officials will now try to work over James on constructing an All-Star free-agent alliance in Chicago.

The Bulls and Wade met for a second time on Friday and talked deeper about what it would take to sway Wade back to his hometown. Chris Bosh(notes) joined Wade and the Bulls for part of the meeting in the office of agent Henry Thomas, who represents both players. There are scenarios where the Bulls could try to work an arrangement for all three players to join them – presumably engineering a sign-and-trade with Toronto for Bosh – but the most likely partnership would come with Wade and James or Wade and Bosh.

“D-Wade and LeBron want to play together, but neither one wants to commit to each other,” a source with knowledge of the conversations told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.

Sources say Wade is intrigued by the talent the Bulls have to surround him, especially in contrast to how gutted the Heat roster has become in the clearing of salary cap space.

Chicago has a strong nucleus of young players, including Derrick Rose(notes) and Joakim Noah(notes), who with Wade and James would instantly turn the Bulls into a championship contender.

Without Wade leaving Miami to join James elsewhere, league sources believe that the two players are most likely to re-sign with their respective teams, Miami and Cleveland. Still, Wade and Bosh are closely connected, and even without James, Wade is considering a Chicago partnership with Bosh. With $29.9 million in cap space, Chicago could give two different players a five-year, $87.6 million contract.

Sources say Chicago has a proposed trade of Luol Deng(notes) looming for what’s described as a “center” that could help to clear more space. The Bulls could also ship young forward James Johnson(notes) to get more room.

The Bulls must make a strong case to James on Saturday to get him to take what would be $30 million less than the Cavaliers could offer. Sources say one team that all but eliminated itself with James in the presentation process was the New York Knicks. James met with the organization on Friday and his inner circle has described New York’s presentation as lacking preparedness and organization. James’ camp also found it to be redundant to much of the New Jersey Nets’ far sharper, edgier presentation on James’ earning power.

James hasn’t been convinced that he can overcome the $30 million difference between possible Cleveland and New York offers through endorsements and other streams of revenue. However, Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov’s vision of bulking up James’ international portfolio did resonate with him, and the Nets’ vision of using Brooklyn and the owner’s international muscle does appeal to him.

Sources say James is dubious his mere presence on the Knicks will be worth that much more to him in endorsements. The appearance of Knicks GM Donnie Walsh in a wheelchair due to a neck problem and the frumpy, unimpressive Jim Dolan didn’t provide James with an image of vibrancy.

tadscout
07-02-2010, 10:34 PM
The appearance of Knicks GM Donnie Walsh in a wheelchair due to a neck problem and the frumpy, unimpressive Jim Dolan didn’t provide James with an image of vibrancy.

As a person born with Cerebral Palsy and uses a wheelchair... as well having the at most respect for Donnie Walsh-

Lebron, if seeing a person in a wheelchair really bothers the way you see them as a person, you can :censored: sit on it.

That guy is way too wrapped up into himself...

mildlysane
07-02-2010, 10:40 PM
In Soviet Russia, basketball dribbles you into basket...

Pacers2012
07-02-2010, 10:45 PM
I think wade has just noticed that even if they got bosh and james it would still take 2yrs or so to make them a viable contender since they have 3 players on the team right now.

vnzla81
07-02-2010, 10:51 PM
yeah I agree Miami is not in a good place to get those guys, actually the only teams that have cap space and players to compete are Bulls, Nets and Clippers

Anthem
07-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I hadn't heard that about Donnie. That makes me sad.

Pacersalltheway10
07-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Beat the dead horse time: Please Lebron or Wade or Bosh away from the central division.

Unclebuck
07-02-2010, 11:21 PM
I think Lebron, Wade and Rose on the same team could be a disaster. you cannot have three ball dominant player on the court like that

joew8302
07-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I think Lebron, Wade and Rose on the same team could be a disaster. you cannot have three ball dominant player on the court like that

Well, in all fairness, anything short of a ring every year with that squad would be a disaster. Even if they don't get along I can't see a team with those pieces winning less than 60 games.

Pacers2012
07-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Beat the dead horse time: Please Lebron or Wade or Bosh away from the central division.

thats what i'm pullin for first. If lebron leaves our division then that would be a great break for us.

on lbj, wade, n rose playing on the same team. that would not be bad for them. lebron and wade will coach rose up on the importance of getting everyone involved. lebron and wade are willing to sacrifice their stats to win multiple titles and rose will follow their lead. this would be the greatest thing ever for rose. with him learning from lebron n wade he could be the best guard in the league easy

pwee31
07-03-2010, 12:28 AM
If Wade does bolt, Bird better call Riley to see if he needs any one year players to fill out their roster in Miami.

Ford, Dunleavy, Murphy, Foster. That's almost a full lineup right there

Sollozzo
07-03-2010, 12:38 AM

It would be almost impossible for that team to win less than 55 games and highly unlikely that it would win less than 60....

They would ultimately be judged by how they performed in the postseason but that team would cruise through the regular season.

Kegboy
07-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I hadn't heard that about Donnie. That makes me sad.

My understanding is he had surgery to remove bone spurs in his neck and it's only temporary.

Here it is.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/walsh_in_wheelchair_for_meetings_fXrcyi5dUl687ETFf 6qpdK

Unrelated, Anthem. Remember a couple weeks ago when people were saying we were bat-**** crazy for saying Chicago should go after Wade? That he would never, ever sign there?

(I'm bringing it up in an attempt to jinx it, cause lord knows we don't need him in our division.)

woowoo
07-03-2010, 12:55 AM
As a person born with Cerebral Palsy and uses a wheelchair... as well having the at most respect for Donnie Walsh-

Lebron, if seeing a person in a wheelchair really bothers the way you see them as a person, you can :censored: sit on it.

That guy is way too wrapped up into himself...

I really liked Bron when he came into the league for wanting to be a Cav and how he loved his community. But the more I hear crap like that from him the more I think he is just putting on a show. He is all about the fame and money, he will sign with Cleveland. He will ramp up the drama and then at the 11th hour Bron will "save" Cleveland again. And all in Ohio will worship him. There is no way in hell he will share a spotlight with D Wade.

Wade would be making all the clutch shots anyway and Bron would be viewed as "Robin"... no way Bron lets that happen.

I do hope he stays in Cleveland, I lived in Columbus, OH for 7 years and Cleveland has had enough bad luck.

Sollozzo
07-03-2010, 01:23 AM
I don't see why it's that big a deal whether these guys are in our division or not. All that really matters is if they are in the east. Whether they are teaming up in Chicago or Miami, you're still going to have to play them 4 times a year.

Divisions are next to meaningless in the NBA. You don't play the teams in your division any more than you do the other conference teams (except the times where you might see a team just 3 times instead of 4). And division winners in the NBA only account for 3/8 playoff spots - as opposed to 3/4 in MLB and 4/6 in the NFL. Not winning the division can cost a really good team a playoff spot in those leagues, but that really doesn't happen in the NBA due to the fact that there are 5 spots for non division winners.

That's why I'm indifferent as to whether Lebron and Wade are teaming up in Chicago vs. Miami. Either way they are in the east and are going to be in your way for a long time.

Kegboy
07-03-2010, 01:59 AM
I don't see why it's that big a deal whether these guys are in our division or not. All that really matters is if they are in the east. Whether they are teaming up in Chicago or Miami, you're still going to have to play them 4 times a year.

Divisions are next to meaningless in the NBA. You don't play the teams in your division any more than you do the other conference teams (except the times where you might see a team just 3 times instead of 4). And division winners in the NBA only account for 3/8 playoff spots - as opposed to 3/4 in MLB and 4/6 in the NFL. Not winning the division can cost a really good team a playoff spot in those leagues, but that really doesn't happen in the NBA due to the fact that there are 5 spots for non division winners.

That's why I'm indifferent as to whether Lebron and Wade are teaming up in Chicago vs. Miami. Either way they are in the east and are going to be in your way for a long time.

I get your point. However, I think there's a big difference between them going to Miami, where the cupboard is bare, and going to Chicago, which already has a mighty fine team.

And come on, it's the ****ing Bulls. Them having one dynasty in my lifetime is more than enough, thank you very much.

Sollozzo
07-03-2010, 02:07 AM
I get your point. However, I think there's a big difference between them going to Miami, where the cupboard is bare, and going to Chicago, which already has a mighty fine team.

And come on, it's the ****ing Bulls. Them having one dynasty in my lifetime is more than enough, thank you very much.

True, the Bulls would definitely be more dangerous because of Noah and Rose. Maybe I just don't care that much because it feels the Pacers are light years away from competing for anything. If the Pacers were an elite team then I'd probably care a lot more.

Fair point about the dynasties, too. Right now the Bulls aren't up there with the Celtics and Lakers because those two teams have dynasties spread across different eras. The Bulls historical lore, OTOH, is solely based on Jordan.

And of course, Chicago is an infinitely more annoying fan base than Miami. They are polar opposites as far as fan arrogance/sense of entitlement is concerned.